Commerce Court East, 18 Wellington St. West
Toronto, ON M5L 1G4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Jump.aspx
- Phone: 4163633400x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner;
Monday to Friday: 11:45am - 12:00am;
Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Walsh, Chef de Cuisine: Rhian Rodrigues
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Jump offers an exclusive private dining room and several semi-private spaces for corporate and social events. Jump is also available for exclusive openings Saturdays at lunch and Sundays for lunch or dinner, perfect for weddings or special gatherings in the heart of the city.
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: King Street Subway Exit
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is accessible in the Commerce Court Underground Parking Facility, on the north side of Wellington. Parking is $2 after 5:30pm, Monday through Saturday upon validation at the restaurant.
A word from Jump Restaurant
Jump combines classic style with sleek modern eclecticism. The sky high glass atrium, dramatic lighting elements, signature New York style bar and courtyard patio provide the perfect backdrop for our world-inspired cuisine. Offering food that is robust, honest and full of flavour, Jump is renowned for its handmade pastas, locally sourced meat and seafood, and seasonal vegetables, while continually creating fresh, innovative dishes. Featuring over 60 types of whisky, bourbon and scotch, as well as 10 whisky and bourbon-infused cocktails, the Jump bar buzzes with warmth and excitement.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Jump Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Jump Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (89)special occasion (72)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (60)great for outdoor dining (42)notable wine list (36)hot spot (33)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (17)late-night find (14)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Okay, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Was very excited to dine here given the reviews. Had the charred quail tacos to start. Unfortunatey they weren't charred and were bone cold. Am a lover of fresh pasta - had the Cavatelli w/ lamb ragu. Mediocre. Sauce was watery, lamb lacked flavour and could have passed as beef flank. My wife had the spaghettini with cuttlefish, shrimp, capers and black olives. The overuse of jarred goods was so salty your tongue would dry up. Pitcher of water highly required. Red Zinfandel ($49) was full bodied and velvety smooth, amazing. But I wouldn't give credit to the Resturant for that. Passed on dessert. Perhaps I was expecting too much, will not be back nor be recommending this place. Overrated. Embarassed I took my wife here for her birthday.Special Features:
- Always good!KphjrVIPDined on 9/19/2014Unfortunately, we were seated in the bar area which has a completely different feel to the main restaurant. Great for a drink, but dining room better for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eperienceBonfireandMosimoDined on 9/12/2014we sat at the bar and a fabulous time. our bartender Dolphie (sp) was super knowledgable and very pleasant. The food (blackened catfish, grilled calamari, tuna tartar, fries, ice cream, and brownie) exceeded expectations. I look forward to having a meal again there soon. great job!!Special Features:
- DisappointmentTorontodinerDined on 9/11/2014We have been to Jump several times but this last visit was a disappointment. The service was slow and our food arrived cold. This might be understandable if there had been a big crowd but it was not busy. It is doubtful that we will return.
- Ho-HumJamesDined on 9/11/2014Service are good but the food was average. I expected more.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceRobinDined on 9/2/2014Stopped in at Jump for a quick dinner and both food and service were great. The sign of a good restaurant for me is a good menu, and there were plenty of appealing options. I had been out for lunch so I wasn't crazy hungry so I had a hamburger that was really outstanding and in these days of gourmet hamburgers, that's not always easy. Perfectly cooked and super tasty! Server (Leslie) was extremely professional, made sure we had our wine, not too pushy even though we were eating light. Oh and my husband ordered the creme brulee which was also superb!Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!19THOLEVIPDined on 8/28/2014Took some Tier 1 Clients here, for a Business Lunch; it worked out well. Jump is ALL about Service. However, the meals do take a little longer than usual; as the kitchen tends to get busy when you have a 'Full House'. The Food was awesome and done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotbmarieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Jump is very convenient to my office in downtown Toronto. It's my go to restaurant for a casual business lunch with a good variety of menu options and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal. Too bad service subparLolaDined on 8/28/2014My guest and I both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Unfortunately we had about 3-4 different people bringing us drinks/meals which may have resulted in some mix-ups. At one point although there were only 2 of us at the table they brought 3 drinks all at once and insisted that one of us had ordered 2!! Then they charged us for it anyways after taking it away, which resulted in numerous delays to get our final bill and make payment.Special Features:
- PanayotaDined on 8/25/2014Our waiter Jarid was great, the food came out super fast and was delicious. Overall, a great lunch on a very nice patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fast for lunchbizlunchexpertVIPDined on 8/25/2014Jump is one of my favorite places for business lunch. Great food with sandwich, soup, and pasta specials every day. Very good selection. The service is amazingly fast for lunch which gives time to eat and have a coffee all within an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerBInLove24Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I chose to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Jump. We were greeted by the hostess upon check in and seated at a nice and cozy table did two. The manager on duty came by to speak to us, wished us a happy anniversary asked if we would like a champagne toast. The appetizers were delicious. My husband had the Caesar salad and I had the Tuna Tataki. For our main courses we chose the 10 oz steak and the grilled octopus. Again both dishes were perfectly cooked and delicious. To end off our dinner we chose the vanilla creme brûlée and the chocolate molten brownie with vanilla cream. The desserts came on a platter with enjoygh for both if us to share and happy anniversary written I the platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all round experienceHungryDaveDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed our meal for two. Good friendly and knowledgeable service. Nicely balanced menu, plenty of wine choices. Well located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Straight to the pointiwantspeedforceDined on 8/22/2014I really loved the service, everyone was nice and would ask if you needed help instead of you having to ask for help. I ordered the salmon (I usually order salmon everywhere I go) and it tasted delicious. It was very-well made, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The only thing I could really complain about was their lack of menu items. Not many options to choose from. Pretty simple. But hey, quality over quantity I guess. I ended up having the white chocolate cheesecake for dessert but I was unable to finish it due to how sweet it was. Overall I would definitely recommend coming here.Special Features:
- dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014A great place to meet my downtown friends after work (and I travel in from mississauga to meet up). I was so impressed with our summerlicious experience (and how great the staff treated my 14 year old niece) that I use Jump as a girls' catch up venue. Especially like that you can purchase a 'half glass' of wine.Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar food & serviceWineandDineDined on 8/15/2014The food was remarkable, surpassed only by the level of service. Our waiter was informative, funny, and fun. I was celebrating a 2-year anniversary with my partner, and our lovely waiter went out of his way to ensure we had a spectacular time, and guided us to great selections on the menu. The food was outstanding - I can't say enough good about it! Mostly we stuck to splitting apps, as there were too many good ones to choose from, and each one was amazing. The one-and-only negative about the place: so very empty (even on a Friday night!). I hope more of a crowd starts to attend, as I'd hate to see the place have to close.Special Features:
- great food. fantastic service.lunchguyDined on 8/15/2014I'm never disappointed at Jump. The food is excellent and the service is top-notch. Great place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lunch spot in TOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere very busy at lunch on Friday but had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeakJuanValdezVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food has really slipped. One person on a diet couldn't finish the Waldorph salad because it was not good. An interesting taco dish was executed and presented poorly. Fries were pretty good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The service was too slow and our food arrived after almost 45 minutes after we placed our order.Special Features:
- Very good foodAranwuDined on 8/2/2014I've never had such a well cooked NY stripped that made me feel like I'm eating a Filet Mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice patio, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014A few of us went there for lunch last week (Thursday 07/31/2014). Got patio seating which was great but our server was also the bartender it seemed and she did not give us the time of day. The patio was mostly empty. She was curt and did not approach the table with a greeting at all but asked us what we wanted to order. It was as if we incovenienced her by being there. Once that was taken, she was no where to be found for the remainder of our meal. We were left constantly looking around for her, even to get the bill. I would not recommend this for the next group lunch spot downtown. The food was not bad but good friendly service would've made our office lunch a more pleasant experience.
- A burst of flavourAmanSidhuDined on 7/28/2014Great atmosphere, and outstanding service. The food came out quick hot and fresh. I had the Jump burger and it was simply outstanding. I will be coming back and bringing more friends with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to for business lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014Perfect location, fantastic food always and professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014took client. food was served quickly _ had the blacked catfish - it was spicy - very goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Soup was tepid and included julienned carrots which were hard to eat. Main course contained too much meat and too little sides (bed of couscous/ rice was more like a mat than a bed). Dessert was good.
- Wonderful DinnerSea111Dined on 7/20/2014Jump never disappoints. The service and the menu are always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhitecatDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. The server was excellent! The music could have been turned down..a bit obtrusive and not suitable for dining..too raucous...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall is good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014- Waiter and Waitress were nice, friendly and funny - The soup was not hot enough, but the main dish (ravioli) was tasty, especially the tomato sauce was not too sour. The trifle was excellent. - Restaurant with a high ceiling and glass roof top
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We ordered from the summerlicious menu and the food exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014my niece & i went for summerlicious. we had a wonderful time, dining outside on the patio, on a beautiful summer evening. the staff were fantastic. the GM noticed that my niece did not finish her carrot soup (perhaps the flavours were too bold for her younger palate) so he brought her a salad instead. i thought that was a nice touch. very impressed! i would absolutely return!Special Features:
- Great food, horrible serviceFoodie1Dined on 7/18/2014Was there for a summerlicious lunch, which took an hour and a half... didnt get our drinks untill 20 minutes after order placed... and dinner around 40 minutes later. Our waiter was very slow.
- my2centsVIPDined on 7/17/2014The food and service has always been fantantic but the service was lacking this time. Our waiter seemed confused, overwhelmed. One person in our group had to leave due to an emergency but the server didn't seem to realize the urgency. The person had to ask for the bill 3 times and it still took a while. The server did not ask us if we wanted coffee/tea or anything else with our desserts. This part was disappointing especially since the gratuity was already included in our bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014TomAllanDined on 7/17/2014There was a group of 4 of us and we all found the service at Jump somewhat lacking. Initial service was very slow and subsequently with the various courses of the meal and finally with the bill at the end. The restaurant was busy but not full. The Summerlicious menu was interesting but again lacking in some variety. The food was quite good but not great. I would go back to Jump but not quickly.Special Features:
- Summerliciousfoodie86Dined on 7/17/2014We had reservations for 12pm, got seated on time however, our server did not come around until we had to ask for one, which was about 20 mins after being seat. Typically working in the financial district, lunch breaks are an hour long. We did not get our appetizers until 12:45 and our dessert came out at 1:45. When my friend ask to take her meal and dessert to go because she had a 1:30 meeting, the response we got from our server was that we should have planned lunch approriately. I've gone to 4 other restaurants for summerlicious and have had no problem with time. I really did not apprecaite how he was finding whatever excuses he could to justify the wait instead of apologizing. by far the worst service I have experiencedSpecial Features:
- Communicative but wonderful!Jaleung09Dined on 7/16/2014Wonderful! But one thing I wasn't informed by the dress code. I carried my backpack which was bit embarrassing. I went straight to school afterwards. The lunch was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations exceeded, by far.EvangelineCDined on 7/16/2014Haven't had my expectations exceeded in a very long time-also was during summerlicious which can get quite chaotic. We had two servers attend to us, the one with reddish hair was very attentive and knowledgeable and the one with dark hair was equally as great. Staff was all welcoming and friendly and the food was impressive. I had a carrot soup for an app and it was outstanding! Truly memorable. Always impressed when dining or drinking at an o and b location. Exceptional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Very good for this Summerlicious event; well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't like SummerliciouscindyDined on 7/15/2014I have been to Winterlicious and Summerlicious at other Oliver & Bonacini restaurants. This is my first time visit Jump. I had great experience at other ones but not Jump. The food they served were pre-cooked long time ago, they just heated them up when serving. Taste was average, the look of the plate was ordinary and the hostess was inexperienced. She was not able to tell us where to wait and where is our tablet. We had to find our own spot while waiting. Overall, I wouldn't consider Jump is a up-scale restaurant. Maybe this is place can be a backup plan if other restaurants are too busy.
- Pretty goodems001Dined on 7/14/2014Had a good time at Jump when I went with a friend. Tried the Summerlicious menu, the food was good, apps were a little boring/plain, but the mains and dessert was much better. Would definitely try it again as I am a big fan of the O&B restaurants; but it will be pricey that I could tell. Nice ambiance also, good decor, fancy chairs, people were quite dressy.Special Features: