Commerce Court East, 18 Wellington St. West
Toronto, ON M5L 1G4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Jump.aspx
- Phone: 4163633400x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner;
Monday to Friday: 11:45am - 12:00am;
Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rhian Rodrigues
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Jump offers an exclusive private dining room and several semi-private spaces for corporate and social events. Jump is also available for exclusive openings Saturdays at lunch and Sundays for lunch or dinner, perfect for weddings or special gatherings in the heart of the city.
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: King Street Subway Exit
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is accessible in the Commerce Court Underground Parking Facility, on the north side of Wellington. Parking is $2 after 5:30pm, Monday through Saturday upon validation at the restaurant.
A word from Jump Restaurant
Jump combines classic style with sleek modern eclecticism. The sky high glass atrium, dramatic lighting elements, signature New York style bar and courtyard patio provide the perfect backdrop for our world-inspired cuisine. Offering food that is robust, honest and full of flavour, Jump is renowned for its handmade pastas, locally sourced meat and seafood, and seasonal vegetables, while continually creating fresh, innovative dishes. Featuring over 60 types of whisky, bourbon and scotch, as well as 10 whisky and bourbon-infused cocktails, the Jump bar buzzes with warmth and excitement.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Jump Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Jump Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (78)special occasion (72)good for groups (67)fit for foodies (61)hot spot (39)romantic (37)great for outdoor dining (37)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (15)great for brunch (14)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- SelwynMandaziDined on 10/8/2014Great restaurant if going to the ACC. Parking is $ 2.00 after 5.30pm, validated by the restaurant, and you can walk underground to the ACC.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014This was our second time coming to Jump while visiting Toronto. I booked a dinner reservation for my boyfriends birthday. Our server took GREAT care of us, taking into account my boyfriends lactose intolerance and his detest for brussels sprouts, making a steak dinner custom for what he liked. The chef also prepared the appetizer I was wanting into an entree wich was awesome. I HIGHLY recommend Jump for a truly delicious and unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-sospecul8Dined on 10/4/2014Good ambiance and excellent service. The food left something to be desired. The mushroom and tame soup lacked salt and my boyfriend's lamb ragu pasta was bland. The beets in the beet salad were overwhelmingly acidic and tasted like they had been pickled in straight vinegar for eons. Ice cream dessert was tasty. Again, the service was fantastic, they brought my boyfriend a candle on our dessert and spelled out happy birthday. They accommodated our random request for chocolate sauce on the side and were very friendly about it. The restrooms are on the second floor and I didn't see a barrier-free washroom on the ground level. Overall an ok place but I don't think I'll be back for a while.Special Features:
- Toronto gemannieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great location on Wellington street (they validate parking for 2 $ also). Elegant surroundings and gourmet food; large wine list. Very pleasant atmosphere. Vegetarian options on the menu but also amazing steak and fish selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior service. Amazing foodKp76Dined on 10/4/2014We had a party of 11 and were tight for time as we were heading to the theatre. Our waiter was aware and expertly handled our ordering and progression of our meal flawlessly to ensure we were out in time. With a party our size, that takes some skill! The ambience is quaint yet hip yet fun and pairs perfectly with the food. Words cannot describe how deliciously perfect this culinary adventure truly is. Everyone is our group was more than satisfied and the entire experience was outstanding. I cannot recommend Jump enough! You must try it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions could have been biggerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Would have likd the option of which water preffered. We were automatically giving sparkling (of which I do not drink) and subsequently charged for it!?Special Features:
- happycustomerDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Jump and I couldn't say enough wonderful things about every aspect of our experience! The food was fantastic and the service was simply outstanding!Special Features:
- Okay, not great.MrSitDined on 9/19/2014Was very excited to dine here given the reviews. Had the charred quail tacos to start. Unfortunatey they weren't charred and were bone cold. Am a lover of fresh pasta - had the Cavatelli w/ lamb ragu. Mediocre. Sauce was watery, lamb lacked flavour and could have passed as beef flank. My wife had the spaghettini with cuttlefish, shrimp, capers and black olives. The overuse of jarred goods was so salty your tongue would dry up. Pitcher of water highly required. Red Zinfandel ($49) was full bodied and velvety smooth, amazing. But I wouldn't give credit to the Resturant for that. Passed on dessert. Perhaps I was expecting too much, will not be back nor be recommending this place. Overrated. Embarassed I took my wife here for her birthday.Special Features:
- Always good!KphjrVIPDined on 9/19/2014Unfortunately, we were seated in the bar area which has a completely different feel to the main restaurant. Great for a drink, but dining room better for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eperienceBonfireandMosimoDined on 9/12/2014we sat at the bar and a fabulous time. our bartender Dolphie (sp) was super knowledgable and very pleasant. The food (blackened catfish, grilled calamari, tuna tartar, fries, ice cream, and brownie) exceeded expectations. I look forward to having a meal again there soon. great job!!Special Features:
- DisappointmentTorontodinerDined on 9/11/2014We have been to Jump several times but this last visit was a disappointment. The service was slow and our food arrived cold. This might be understandable if there had been a big crowd but it was not busy. It is doubtful that we will return.
- Ho-HumJamesDined on 9/11/2014Service are good but the food was average. I expected more.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceRobinDined on 9/2/2014Stopped in at Jump for a quick dinner and both food and service were great. The sign of a good restaurant for me is a good menu, and there were plenty of appealing options. I had been out for lunch so I wasn't crazy hungry so I had a hamburger that was really outstanding and in these days of gourmet hamburgers, that's not always easy. Perfectly cooked and super tasty! Server (Leslie) was extremely professional, made sure we had our wine, not too pushy even though we were eating light. Oh and my husband ordered the creme brulee which was also superb!Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!19THOLEVIPDined on 8/28/2014Took some Tier 1 Clients here, for a Business Lunch; it worked out well. Jump is ALL about Service. However, the meals do take a little longer than usual; as the kitchen tends to get busy when you have a 'Full House'. The Food was awesome and done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotbmarieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Jump is very convenient to my office in downtown Toronto. It's my go to restaurant for a casual business lunch with a good variety of menu options and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal. Too bad service subparLolaVIPDined on 8/28/2014My guest and I both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Unfortunately we had about 3-4 different people bringing us drinks/meals which may have resulted in some mix-ups. At one point although there were only 2 of us at the table they brought 3 drinks all at once and insisted that one of us had ordered 2!! Then they charged us for it anyways after taking it away, which resulted in numerous delays to get our final bill and make payment.Special Features:
- PanayotaDined on 8/25/2014Our waiter Jarid was great, the food came out super fast and was delicious. Overall, a great lunch on a very nice patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fast for lunchbizlunchexpertVIPDined on 8/25/2014Jump is one of my favorite places for business lunch. Great food with sandwich, soup, and pasta specials every day. Very good selection. The service is amazingly fast for lunch which gives time to eat and have a coffee all within an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerBInLove24Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I chose to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Jump. We were greeted by the hostess upon check in and seated at a nice and cozy table did two. The manager on duty came by to speak to us, wished us a happy anniversary asked if we would like a champagne toast. The appetizers were delicious. My husband had the Caesar salad and I had the Tuna Tataki. For our main courses we chose the 10 oz steak and the grilled octopus. Again both dishes were perfectly cooked and delicious. To end off our dinner we chose the vanilla creme brûlée and the chocolate molten brownie with vanilla cream. The desserts came on a platter with enjoygh for both if us to share and happy anniversary written I the platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all round experienceHungryDaveDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed our meal for two. Good friendly and knowledgeable service. Nicely balanced menu, plenty of wine choices. Well located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Straight to the pointiwantspeedforceDined on 8/22/2014I really loved the service, everyone was nice and would ask if you needed help instead of you having to ask for help. I ordered the salmon (I usually order salmon everywhere I go) and it tasted delicious. It was very-well made, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The only thing I could really complain about was their lack of menu items. Not many options to choose from. Pretty simple. But hey, quality over quantity I guess. I ended up having the white chocolate cheesecake for dessert but I was unable to finish it due to how sweet it was. Overall I would definitely recommend coming here.Special Features:
- dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014A great place to meet my downtown friends after work (and I travel in from mississauga to meet up). I was so impressed with our summerlicious experience (and how great the staff treated my 14 year old niece) that I use Jump as a girls' catch up venue. Especially like that you can purchase a 'half glass' of wine.Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar food & serviceWineandDineDined on 8/15/2014The food was remarkable, surpassed only by the level of service. Our waiter was informative, funny, and fun. I was celebrating a 2-year anniversary with my partner, and our lovely waiter went out of his way to ensure we had a spectacular time, and guided us to great selections on the menu. The food was outstanding - I can't say enough good about it! Mostly we stuck to splitting apps, as there were too many good ones to choose from, and each one was amazing. The one-and-only negative about the place: so very empty (even on a Friday night!). I hope more of a crowd starts to attend, as I'd hate to see the place have to close.Special Features:
- great food. fantastic service.lunchguyDined on 8/15/2014I'm never disappointed at Jump. The food is excellent and the service is top-notch. Great place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lunch spot in TOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere very busy at lunch on Friday but had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeakJuanValdezVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food has really slipped. One person on a diet couldn't finish the Waldorph salad because it was not good. An interesting taco dish was executed and presented poorly. Fries were pretty good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The service was too slow and our food arrived after almost 45 minutes after we placed our order.Special Features:
- Very good foodAranwuDined on 8/2/2014I've never had such a well cooked NY stripped that made me feel like I'm eating a Filet Mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice patio, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014A few of us went there for lunch last week (Thursday 07/31/2014). Got patio seating which was great but our server was also the bartender it seemed and she did not give us the time of day. The patio was mostly empty. She was curt and did not approach the table with a greeting at all but asked us what we wanted to order. It was as if we incovenienced her by being there. Once that was taken, she was no where to be found for the remainder of our meal. We were left constantly looking around for her, even to get the bill. I would not recommend this for the next group lunch spot downtown. The food was not bad but good friendly service would've made our office lunch a more pleasant experience.
- A burst of flavourAmanSidhuDined on 7/28/2014Great atmosphere, and outstanding service. The food came out quick hot and fresh. I had the Jump burger and it was simply outstanding. I will be coming back and bringing more friends with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to for business lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014Perfect location, fantastic food always and professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014took client. food was served quickly _ had the blacked catfish - it was spicy - very goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Soup was tepid and included julienned carrots which were hard to eat. Main course contained too much meat and too little sides (bed of couscous/ rice was more like a mat than a bed). Dessert was good.
- Wonderful DinnerSea111Dined on 7/20/2014Jump never disappoints. The service and the menu are always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhitecatDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. The server was excellent! The music could have been turned down..a bit obtrusive and not suitable for dining..too raucous...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall is good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014- Waiter and Waitress were nice, friendly and funny - The soup was not hot enough, but the main dish (ravioli) was tasty, especially the tomato sauce was not too sour. The trifle was excellent. - Restaurant with a high ceiling and glass roof top
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We ordered from the summerlicious menu and the food exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014my niece & i went for summerlicious. we had a wonderful time, dining outside on the patio, on a beautiful summer evening. the staff were fantastic. the GM noticed that my niece did not finish her carrot soup (perhaps the flavours were too bold for her younger palate) so he brought her a salad instead. i thought that was a nice touch. very impressed! i would absolutely return!Special Features:
- Great food, horrible serviceFoodie1Dined on 7/18/2014Was there for a summerlicious lunch, which took an hour and a half... didnt get our drinks untill 20 minutes after order placed... and dinner around 40 minutes later. Our waiter was very slow.
- my2centsVIPDined on 7/17/2014The food and service has always been fantantic but the service was lacking this time. Our waiter seemed confused, overwhelmed. One person in our group had to leave due to an emergency but the server didn't seem to realize the urgency. The person had to ask for the bill 3 times and it still took a while. The server did not ask us if we wanted coffee/tea or anything else with our desserts. This part was disappointing especially since the gratuity was already included in our bill.I would recommend this to a friend.