1000 Bristol Street North Suite 11
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.juliettenb.com/
- Phone: 9497525854x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 2:30PM
Late Lunch: Mon-Fri 2:30 - 4:30 PM
Dinner: Mon 5:00PM - 9:00PM;
Tues-Thurs 5:00PM - 10:00PM;
*Kitchen closes 30 minutes before closing Mon-Sat Dinners*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Hyatt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Juliette
Juliette, offering a menu inspired by seasonal ingredients, focuses on bringing fresh and balanced dishes to be enjoyed by everyone. We take effort in making artisan style food and beverages that accentuates our ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Juliette - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Juliette reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (62)notable wine list (58)special occasion (36)great for lunch (35)great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (27)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Slow food???HmmmmnVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our food was great, but it came out REALLY slow. Seemed like a kitchen problem as our server was great. Are outside, because it was very loud inside, even when half full.Special Features:
- 40th AnniversaryTl40thDined on 9/13/2014We had wonderful service, great food and ambiance. Perfect evening.Special Features:
- AmyKVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food was good. For starters we had the grilled octopus & the pork cheeks. Both were very tasty. Entrees were pork shank & hangar steak. Pork shank was very tender. The steak was cooked perfectly. Service was good, a little slow but friendly. The only draw back is the restaurant is very, very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ears hurt afterwards . . .DanielVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food was moderately interesting, and the service was fine, but I was there with just 2 others, at a perimeter table, and we literally could not hear each other speak without shouting. This made the experience unrepeatable. The design is very poor for quiet ambiance, and as an afterthought it appears the owners installed some noise reduction panels on the ceiling. No way to know if this helps, but it certainly didn't cure. I couldn't wait to leave, which likely made the food less interesting.
- Excellent replacement for PascalbarneyandbaileyDined on 9/8/2014Juliette occupies the former space of the venerable Pascal. While Pascal was an upscale white linen sort of place, Juliette is much more informal (the white table clothes are gone)--more like a bistro. Nevertheless, the food is excellent and they have a great wine list. The service is outstanding and friendly. It's the perfect place for old friends to share a good meal over a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- A Find!MarahnewVIPDined on 9/5/2014I came across Juliette while researching my final dinner in the Newport area, and what good fortune! We hit Paydirt (a red wine blend) with this recommendation from our server, Maria. Two starters that were especially outstanding were the grilled octopus, tender in a red wine sauce, and scallops in a curry sauce atop carrot purée. Dessert was an unusual version of profiteroles with fruit. A good send off for my post-vacation return to eating sanity!Special Features:
- delicious as usualjantDined on 8/30/2014the small plates were great..had the calamari, the beet salad, and pork cheeks...also ordered the duck. Yummy saucesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch rush then settledjustaguyDined on 8/28/2014I med a long time friend who I had not seen in quite at the restaurant. I had never been, so it was good fun to try someplace new with an old friend. It was rater busy (which wasn't a bad thing) and we were seated and promptly served. The food was very good and was served at a great pace to let us nibble and chat. It seemed that the lunch rush died down between 130p - 2p and worked perfectly for us. The staff had no problem with us being one of the only couples left between lunch and dinner. I would come again and recommend a later lunch if you are looking for a break in the normal lunch hustle and bustle.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Don't let the strip mall scare you away. The risotto starter is more like a meal, very good but very filling and may ruin appetite for entre. Overall thumbs up.Special Features:
- cute spot with delicious foodJennanicole710Dined on 8/21/2014The decor has a cute rustic look to it that makes the place feel cozy and elegant at the same time. The food is fantastic but not overdone with too many flavors. Love this spotSpecial Features:
- Excellence continuesTonyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Juliette continues to combine imagination and consistency. The faro risotto remains a favorite. New desserts very tempting. Service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I had the roasted quail and the flavors were spectacular. The bird was cooked perfectly and just fell off the bones. The sauce was flavorful and all the components of the dish complemented one another. However, the beet salad was very average. The New York dry aged steak was one of the best cooked steaks I've very had at a restaurant. There was no fat and each piece was soft and and melted in your mouth. For desert I had the honey cinnamon ice cream with snickersdoodles and it was the perfect way to end the meal. I would definitely come back here many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newport Beach's Gastropubdeke4diningDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I recently enjoyed a Saturday night dinner at Newport Beach's Gastropub, Juliette. We started the evening by ordering a bottle of chardonnay from their unique "diamond in the rough" wine list. Starters included the delicious Pork Cheeks, Beet Salad and Farro Risotto (A must have !!). Dinner Entree selections included the Pork Shank which was incredibly fall off the bone tender and the perfectly cooked Scallops. Definitely a low-key setting at the previous Pascal's Tradition space. Sevice was very friendly and attentive. We will return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodjjfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food was good but not as good in the past. Outside patio is very nice although there seemed to be less attention from the wait staff.Special Features:
- very loud ladiesDharperVIPDined on 8/4/2014I really don't understand, even when celebrating, why people feel the need to talk over each other at such a level that everyone can hear their entire conversation. It ruined the evening for the rest of the restaurant and believe if handled properly the staff could have asked them to quiet down without be offensive.Special Features:
- RobannonVIPDined on 8/2/2014We just lucked upon this restaurant, and were very glad we did. The food was excellent as was the bottle of wine we had. Our waitress was very nice and knowledgable. Will definitely go back on our next visit.Special Features:
- lunchfriendsVIPDined on 7/28/2014really nice lunch as always! my friend had never been to Juliette's & loved it! thx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyTskiDined on 7/25/2014Great taste in small plates. Great wine list that is fairly priced. Service is extremely attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch debacleAngueVIPDined on 7/24/2014Usually Juliette's is a great experience. I have had lunch delays but not like this one. Reservations made. 12:15 No tables available at arrival , restaurant was packed. They seated us at a tasting table in the wine shop. 8 min go by , hostess brings utensils and water. We had brought a bottle. Ready to order we had to go and ask for help. Took order. Now it is half way through our time limit. Had to grab someone to open wine. Cauliflower arrives its 12:45. Hostess passes we ask for bill to save time. 1pm our salads hadn't arrived. Salads arrive 1:15. We have to rush to finish. Not happy.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceTonyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Juliette never disappoints. Menu changes with seasons but, thank heavens, they keep the faro risotto.Special Features:
- Andrew#mixologist#waiter=AMAZING!rosesillyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Love everything about this place except, it's so awesome, my boyfriend also takes his wife here. It's just that great! So next time I'm just bringing my best girlfriends!! Yum to roasted cauliflower & pork belly! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014great food and service. just in from san Francisco and your restaurant was exceptional!Special Features:
- EllieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Greatest little restaurant in Orange County, great food and ambiance. Very talented Chief!Special Features:
- 5 star for strip mall restaurant!MaryVIPDined on 7/11/2014Unbelievable meal here. Favorites: Grilled octopus, the gimlet, and thai snapper!!!Special Features:
- Perfect every timeClemmie11Dined on 7/7/2014Have used this for everything from the office holiday lunch to dinner with old friends. Always wonderful.Special Features:
- Lunch at JuliettemajackieDined on 7/7/2014I met two friends for lunch at Juliette's . I made reservations at 11:30,which was good because we could pick any table. We sat on the patio and it was very pleasant. My only complaint (and I'm sure this is an age issue) is the music , which added to the noise factor. We each ordered a different salad, and they were all delicious. Lunch at Juliette is a special treatSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemDLOKIDined on 7/5/2014The food and service was great... highly recommend... we enjoyed and shared all small plates... well worth it, the chef made sure to pace delivery so we were not rushed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodSCFoodieDined on 6/30/2014Four of us dined at Juliette on a Monday night. Restaurant was largely empty and quiet; weekends are noisier. We lingered for close to three hours and never felt rushed. Started with wine and cocktails at the bar, then ate at a quiet corner table. Two couples shared a cheese and charcuterie plate. The "Ewe" blue cheese and mole salumi were especially good. We shared several excellent small plates: beets with cherries and goat cheese; sweetbreads; a moist and tender quail; tasty scallops, and mussels with fries. Strawberry shortcake was disappointing; sherbet was not a good substitute for real strawberries. And there was a shortage of bread to sop up the great sauces, especially the mussels. A nice experience, overall, and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly funDharperVIPDined on 6/27/2014Simply some on the best local sustainable food in orange countySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great assetClemmie11Dined on 6/25/2014This place consistently delivers good food beverage and service. Been here for lunch and had our office holiday party here. Always good service, good food, nice menu, never disappoints.Special Features:
- freaking delish.OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/25/2014always a fabulous meal, and the wine is never disappointing. had the veal skirt steak salad today, with the 2012 experience pinot noir. Andrew is such a great server, always has great suggestions & is just such a sweetie! looking forward to my next meal :PSpecial Features:
- Great food & wine list, OK serviceMirvineDined on 6/21/2014The Open Table description in terms of price is a little deceiving as the plates priced under $20 are all smaller plates, similar to tapas. The waitress eventually explained this, despite asking if we had eaten there before, and then recommended for two people 3-4 smaller plates and 1-2 entrees, meaning our meal would be +/- $85 before tax, tip, or wine. The food was very good, we especially loved the scallops. The waitress however forgot to fire our last plate and a big rush had come in so it took easily twenty minutes between our last plate and the one before it. There was no apology for messing that up, no slash in our wine glass while we waited, nothing. Will be back, but will be sure our server got our order right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imagination and excellenceTonyVIPDined on 6/19/2014Juliette consistently presents an unusual combination of innovation and attention to detail.Special Features:
- greatlinanddougDined on 6/19/2014Ever changing menu is awesome. We can get something familiar or new and know it will be fabulously prepared.Special Features:
- lunchIneeDined on 6/18/2014The food was good. But I ordered medium hamburger and it came out rare. Not too many variety for entree lunch. The tables were too close and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!jantDined on 6/17/2014Small plates were outstanding...had the risotto, pork cheeks, and scallops with the duck breast and snapper...just perfect!Special Features:
- Like eating in EuropeFoodHoundDined on 6/13/2014Most USA food is low quality and highly processed. We just returned from France and Spain where they value high quality food. Juliette's understands how to do it right like the French and Spanish. Their dinners are exceptional and now we are hooked on lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunch with friendsLaniDined on 6/12/2014I met with a few of my former coworkers here for lunch. It was super easy to reserve through opentable, and though I showed up later my party was able to get seated under my reservation. The food is great and the weather was nice enough to sit outside in the covered patio area.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMikeDined on 6/11/2014My first visit and I will go back!! Great food! Nice wine list but not to expensive, You will like this place. Easy to find but parking a bit of a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaydinerDined on 6/7/2014Decent food, casual spot, great neighborhood find. This place was recommended to me as a romantic restaurant-- not so much it couldn't hear my server let alone my date. Next time I'll come for a glass of wine and casual dinner with a group of friends.Special Features: