11805 Coastal Highway Ste N
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ocjules.com/
- Phone: 4105243396
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5;00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Julius Adam Sanders
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Jules Restaurant
"A sophisticated yet casual restaurant," says Southern Living magazine. Designed by owner and Executive Chef Julius Adam Sanders, Jules is one of Ocean City"s premiere fine dining establishments, featuring local fare served in a warm and inviting setting. Treat yourself to an unforgettable dining experience with one of Chef Sanders acclaimed and award winning dishes... complement your meal with a wine from our extensive wine list or live it up a little with a tempting sample from our Martini list!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Jules Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Jules Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (22)notable wine list (16)good for groups (14)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Surprisingly wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014I must admit that I was very surprised at this wonderful find. The food was delicious, the service impeccable and the ambiance perfect! Great job !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foods Great but Ambience Isn'tNYFoodieDined on 8/21/2014The food was excellent- from the rolls, salad, steaks,pasta dishes, chicken Marsala - there were no complaints from any of the 9 people at our table. But when you pay prices that seem higher than most Fine Restaraunts in the area(which we don't mind), you deserve to be in a setting that is special. Jules could use a Designer to help with that.Special Features:
- bobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great food, service, and everything was Great! SuPrised more people weren't there! Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!NowImWhippedDined on 8/19/2014Took my girlfriend here before getting engaged that night. Great food. Crab cakes were the best I've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AniversaryEasterDined on 8/16/2014Staff was very attentive. Waiter was knowledgable & suggested alternatives not on the menu. One of the only restaurants serving warm rolls in Ocean City. Meal was delicious! Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Take your vacation to the next lvlpdidVIPDined on 8/8/2014Tucked back in the Food Lion shopping center, Jules easily is one of the hidden gems on Ocean City. My family dined here on Friday using OpenTable (one of the few OC restaurants that are on here). We were seated immediately and service was excellent. We had a mix of martinis and wine throughout the night -- great wine list. The appetizers (pork belly and fries green tomatoes) were unreal and our entrees put all our other meals that we had that week to shame (we had dined at Liquid Assets and Catch 54). DEFINITELY dine here at least once during your OC vacation; we know we are going to make it an annual staple and we are looking forward to our next meal already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fine dining in OCGibsonDined on 8/6/2014JJules restau is the best fining dining in Ocean City MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent high level diningEMfromPADined on 8/5/2014We go to Jules whenever we're in Ocean City. It serves food at a consistently high level. On this visit. our service was particularly good as our waiter went out of his way to make sure the food met my needs in terms of not having meat ingredients. He came to our table before our entree was served and told me the rice had chicken stock and that I might want to substitute mashed potatoes. Service like that is greatly appreciated. In addition, the early bird is one of the best deals in Ocean City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We love dining at Jules when we visit Ocean City every summer. The wait staff, atmosphere and delicious food keeps us coming back year after year.Special Features:
- DH75Dined on 8/4/2014This was our first trip to Jules and it was great. The food was awesome and the service was great as well. Our water glasses were filled immediately as soon as they were empty and the dishes were removed promptly when we were finished with them. The creme brûlée was to die for. That is my go to dessert and it was the best I have had anywhere. Definitely a must when in OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOcean202Dined on 7/30/2014Seven friends all had a great meal at Jules! We were there for the Early Bird and got a glass of wine, appetizer, salad, and entree for$30.00! Everything was delicious and will be back!Special Features:
- Worst customer service I've seenPaul57Dined on 7/19/2014Half empty restaurant at 830 on a Saturday night in Ocean city, friend ordered salad and 2 appetizers for an entree, scallops were cold and she didn't eat, upon asking for bill our waiter noticed and offered to take off bill. Bill came, still on, he said we would take care of and came out with cold scallops in a to go box, Told us owner said they were fine and you were too slow eating and they got cold, too bad for you. Owner then came out raising voice stating they cost him $20 a pound and what could he do with them now. It was the first and only time I was ever accosted in a restaurant in 40 years! Would recommend never going there! It was so uncomfortable for us and the tables around. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO JULES!!!!!!!
- Great place, close by...TomCatDined on 7/19/2014As usual, food was great, served by friendly staff, even though the place was very busy... We love our Jules...Special Features:
- nceastVIPDined on 7/8/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner in this delightful bistro tucked away from the highway in a shopping center. Food was excellent and service attentive. We'd return if we are back in the area.Special Features:
- Hugh Portions!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Great flavors! Dessert a bit disappointing compared to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Mu husband and I really enjoyed our dinners. The tomato, corn and crab soup was delicious. Salads were fresh and flavorful. My filet was cooked just right and my husband enjoyed the crab cake.
- Good food, dubious servicedaa2202VIPDined on 6/27/2014First time at Jules. Good (not great) food, surprisingly nice atmosphere in a shopping center location, but with questionable service. Our waiter didn't remember all the specials (which we heard other waiters describing to other tables), ignored empty bread baskets and water glasses, and just generally seemed out of it most of the time. I had the lamb and while it was tasty, I was disappointed with the small portion (4 small chops, about 2 bites each.) My wife had the duck, which was quite good and a much better portion as well. Overall, not a bad place and Ocean City certainly needs more fine dining restaurants for my taste, but they just need to tighten up some details...and hire some qualified servers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014excellent food and excellent value for prix fix mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodPhillygirl1Dined on 6/21/2014Our night at Jules was outstanding. We had friends in from Philadelphia and wanted to take them to someplace special, it was a great choice. Fried green tomatoes, lamb stew, cream of crab soup for apps. Salads, Filet, chicken Marsala , crab cakes were fantastic, great service and atmosphere. We had a wonderful dining experience. Make reservations, it will be the highlight of your summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014Second time dining there food well done but service does not match the level of food!Special Features:
- 3 for 30NotimpressedDined on 6/12/2014Over priced menu. Should be $5 to $10 less than there current prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerSAPPSMOMDined on 6/9/2014The waited was new but worked hard to please. Dinner was fabulous as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding visit.DougSDined on 5/26/2014I have been to Jules several time over the past few years and have NEVER been disappointed. The changing menu guarantees fresh ingredients and Chef Sander's presentations are great. If you appreciate a quiet environment, taste, texture and wine...this is the place for you. Note: there is not a children's menu.Special Features:
- Solid fine dining, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014Quality if good pretty good (not five stars, though). Service excellent. Prices, however , are truly excessive for a small restaurant IN A STRIP MALL IN OCEAN CITY, MD. The word "gouge" came to mind a couple times when looking at the menu. For 20% less I wouldn't have thought twice. What am I paying for? The view? Nay. Not sure I'll be back, solely because of those price points. Otherwise, I was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Bistro in a Shopping CenterTillerVIPDined on 5/25/2014Jules is a small bistro tucked back into a shopping center near 120th Street. We received a friendly greeting at the front door and were seated immediately. We started with a shared foie gras appetizer special and each had a fish dish - salmon and black drum - followed by a shared creme brulee for dessert. Our food was accompanied by a very nice Sullberg Sonoma County Chardonnay which we had never had before. The food and wine were excellent. Service was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodlorimcDined on 5/24/2014Intimate restaurant with excellent food. One of the few restaurants in Ocean City that rivals the top restaurants in the DC area. While it does not have the scenic water view that many restaurants in this city depend upon for their popularity, Jules more than makes up for that with its carefully chosen menu and wine list. I've had both meat and seafood dishes and both have been equally well prepared. Best to make a reservation if you are dining on a Friday or Saturday.Special Features:
- The Word is OutjanfergDined on 5/24/2014We never had to get reservations to this our fav in OC Last night they only had 6 and 7:45 left We dicided on 6 and this place was jumping Not only did they five waiters they also had two bus boys and a friendly hostes Great service Food never disappoints Sorry for us the word is outSpecial Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 5/23/2014Enjoyed the food but this was the most I ever paid for two softcrabs. Really wanted them and they were good but I won't do it again. It is always way too expensive her at Jules. There is equally good food in OC for less ....
- Loved the Foodtime2dineDined on 5/18/2014I always enjoy dinner at Jules when we come to Ocean City. It makes up in presentation and taste what it lacks in size and location to the water. It is great for friends getting together 'down the ocean' for great food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little restaurant!LorraineDined on 5/18/2014The lamb chops, caesar salad and crab cake with coconut mango chutney were all very delicious & when you leave, you don't feel ripped off! One of the best meals I've had in OC! Go here & you'll enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Eatatthebeach2Dined on 5/14/2014This was our second visit. Our meals exceeded our expectations during both visits. The three courses offered during restaurant week were interesting, well prepared and beautifully presented. I was very pleased with my filet. My spouse loved the smoked fish and oysters Rockefeller. With creme brûlée as a finale our visit was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement celebrationEngagedAtTheBeachDined on 5/11/2014My boyfriend and I got engaged on the beach and my future mother-in-law wanted to treat us to dinner. She called and spoke with Charles and had everything set up over the phone from states away. She asked that we be treated to a champagne toast and to charge her credit card for the entire bill. When we arrived, Charles had gone out of his way to make our table special. He purchased a beautiful bouquet of flowers, spead silver heart-shaped confetti on the white tablecloth, and had a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us when we arrived. He greeted us by name and congratulated us on our engagement. He treated us like royalty and catered to our every need. The food was fantastic and beautifully plated. Wonderfully romantic fine dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemlocalwocDined on 5/11/2014What a wonderful treat during restaurant week. Beautiful preparation. The crab cake and filet was expertly presented and felt that we were shown the true kitchen with very nice size portions. And in MD you can take the wine bottle if not finished - so order up folks!Special Features:
- laurVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food and service great. Loved the appetizers. entrees were not quite as spectacular but were pretty good also. We hope to visit again.Special Features:
- Great findLuv2eatVIPDined on 5/6/2014Heard about this place from word of mouth and it didn't disappoint. Always a great meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience :-)DeladivaDined on 5/5/2014We initially chose Jules to enjoy their Restaurant Week pre fixe three-course menu. I truly enjoyed the almond joy shrimp appy, caesar salad and juicy filet offered on that menu along with a glass of red wine. My friend decided to order ala carte, choosing the braised artichoke appy, caesar salad and an incredible encrusted whole red snapper, which was both large on presentation and flavor. Although this storefront is located within a strip-mall type design, you will be WOWED from the moment you walk through the door until you leave. We highly recommend that both locals and travelers try this gem if you're looking for a great find. eNjOy :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 162 reviews are from the Jules Restaurant reviews archive.
- Impressiveluv2eatDined on 5/2/2014We had heard about Jules Restaurant and thought this was a great time to try it. Our party consisted of two couples. Each of us chose a different menu item. The $30 multi-course meal was a steal, it included a glass of wine. The different seasonings made our normal dinner choices extra special. From the greeting at the door to the presentation of dinner and the constant attention in a quiet setting made for a special evening. This is a place to go if you want to impress or if your simply looking for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- BEST AT THE BEACHjanfergDined on 5/1/2014I never miss Jules on my many trips to the beach Best at the Beach Trasher's Fries Fisher's Pop Corn Jules Pre Fix DinnerSpecial Features:
- ExcellentnorabeanDined on 4/27/2014We have been to Jules many times. It has been about a 4 months since we last went. Charles was our waiter. He greeted us, by name, at the door. He was the best waitstaff that we have experienced at Jules - very professional and friendly in just the right balance. My husband and I enjoyed tomato with crab meat soup and the smoked fish appetizer. The fish is smoked on the premises and the remoulade was as good as any my husband has enjoyed in New Orleans (he is from that foodie city). I had the drunken duck and my husband had the pork loin smothered in rockerfeller sauce. The food was phenomenal. We enjoyed the early bird special so 3 courses was only $30 each.Special Features:
- a rose among the thornsboscoDined on 2/12/2014Absolutly perfect hospitality and food could not have been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.