11805 Coastal Highway Ste N
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ocjules.com/
- Phone: 4105243396
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5;00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Julius Adam Sanders
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Jules Restaurant
"A sophisticated yet casual restaurant," says Southern Living magazine. Designed by owner and Executive Chef Julius Adam Sanders, Jules is one of Ocean City"s premiere fine dining establishments, featuring local fare served in a warm and inviting setting. Treat yourself to an unforgettable dining experience with one of Chef Sanders acclaimed and award winning dishes... complement your meal with a wine from our extensive wine list or live it up a little with a tempting sample from our Martini list!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Jules Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Jules Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (31)romantic (17)notable wine list (14)good for groups (10)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- TonyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was off the charts & on Resturant week which we knew nothing about! Very underrated & very friendlySpecial Features:
- Worth a lookmdcheoDined on 10/16/2014We took advantage of the restaurant week special and left completely satisfied. Appetizers consisted of pork belly and mushroom soup. I had fish and my wife shepherd's pie. Both entree's were delicious. Dessert consisted of the crème brulee trio, again fabulous. The wine list provided something for everyone. We'll be back, soon.Special Features:
- Totally Awesome!Luv2eatVIPDined on 10/14/2014A totally awesome dinner, service was incredible. Of course I'll be coming back!Special Features:
- Highly recommendchicksherDined on 10/6/2014We had eight people in our party. Everyone raved about the food and service.Special Features:
- Consistently outstandingShaneDined on 10/4/2014We have been here a number of times and the food and service have been just great. I recommend it very highly. We enjoyed a 3 course meal and each item was very good. The waiter was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIve4foodDined on 9/29/2014Food was woderful & service was excellent. Burk was very friendly& made us feel welcome. Will return again the next time we are here.Special Features:
- A Gem at the BeachJeanneTDined on 9/21/2014We had an outstanding dining experience at this little restaurant tucked away in a shopping center. We started with drinks before dinner and the waiter brought a sample of a recommended wine for us to enjoy before we ordered a glass. Very nice! The house salad was a meal on it's own - a variety of fresh, organic lettuce, and interesting additions that made a beautiful presentation. The dinner entrees we ordered were different fish selections and all very tasty without being too salty (the crab cakes were outstanding). Each dish came with different sides that were the perfect addition each meal. This was a refreshing break from the typical noisy, crowded beach restaurants.Special Features:
- Another Fabulous Dining ExperiencemakereservationsfordinnerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Every time we visit Ocean City, we have to dine at Jules Restaurant. My boyfriend had the fois gras and the soft shell crabs. He loved both! I started with their blue ice wedge (which is my go to starter). My entree was a special - sesame encusted wahoo..OMG. Outstanding. We tried a 2008 Napa Cabernet, Maldonado. It was a really great Napa Cabernet that we plan to find! The waiter told us "see you next year." And yes he will! If this restaurant was local, I'd be there every week.Special Features:
- O.C.'s Best Early BirdDerwoodsmanDined on 9/16/2014The early bird prix fixe dinner at Jules' Restaurant has to be the best dining experiences in Ocean City. For $30, diners are treated to a three course dinner and a complimentary glass of wine in lovely environs. For a starter, my fried oysters' crunchy panko breading offset the succulent small oysters, and my iceberg lettuce wedge was topped with blue cheese dressing, smoked bacon, and candied walnuts for loads of delicious crunch. My fish-of-the-day entree was grilled amberjack on a bed of melon salsa accompanied by a spicy vegetable medley. My wife loved her crab soup, house salad, and a shrimp scampi that she said was different, and better, than any other she's had. All in all, a really surprising dining experience at the beach.Special Features:
- Early Bird SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We saw that if seated before 6, they had an early bird special of 3 courses + 1 glass of wine for $30. Our server brought out fresh baked rolls and soft butter. They were hot and delish! There were 6 appetizers to choose from, and we both selected the local fried oysters which came out crispy and hot. I had the Wedge with bleu cheese, applewood smoked bacon and crispy walnuts. It was wonderful. My husband had the "Hail to Julius Caesar Salad which he enjoyed. We finished with the Fish of the Day which was Amberjack, served with a fruit salsa. We did enjoy our visit. Go for the early bird special because the meal will be much more expensiver after 6 p.m. Amberjack was $29, the appetizers were $15 and salads $10. We will go back (before 6).Special Features:
- Very nice eveningHavnfunDined on 9/13/2014Great food great service loved the fixed price menu. Suggest you keep the bread service and top the meal off with a chocolate or dessert sample for the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best cosmos ever!princessDined on 9/11/2014Almond joy shrimp with chocolate pasta was incredible. Great food, great service,great bar drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ViewPortobello62VIPDined on 9/6/2014The view is so wonderful at sunset that it is hard to concentrate on anything else. The cherry and cheddar salad is amazing and a really nice drink list. The vegetarian option is not so great. I got the standard portobello with something in the middle that was simply okay. I know that a vegetarian request throws many places off so I understand. I do get tired of having a portobello so much while traveling.Special Features:
- Early birdCappyDined on 9/2/2014Great three course meal for $30 if seated before 6:00 PM. Best value in Ocean City!! The coconut shrimp is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day WeekendBarbie9Dined on 8/31/2014All tables were not full but the kitchen seemed to have a backup. Our server was not attentive enough; however, the host/server assistant was very energetic and helpful. Our server lacked in communication skills and keeping us updated on our wait time but did apologize when he finally brought the dinners out. Previous experiences at this restaurant have been excellent. A little disappointed this time.Special Features:
- Lucky vacation find.cnoteDined on 8/31/2014Delighted to find this gem close to where we were staying. Pleasant environment, food was superb. Prices on the higher end, but still good value.Special Features:
- Excellent find!!sushiandsakeDined on 8/31/2014We had never heard of Jules. It's located in a strip mall. So, we had no idea what we were in for. Entering, Jules, we were pleasantly suprised buy the beautiful ambiance. The decor was high end and the people very friendly. We ate at the bar, as we do in most restaurants. The service was amazing. The menu was perfect. They had many specials to choose from. All food was made in house. We got the tomato soup, the caprese salad and filet mignon dinner. Everything was so delicious. Overall our experience was perfect. We will be back to Jules and recommend it to all of our friends and family who travel to OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu, so-so serviceEatinoutDined on 8/31/2014Service needs improvement. Scary that food that is meant to be hot was served at room temperature. No offer from server to correct situation when problem was reported.
- DebbVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is the 2nd time this summer the waiter named Johnny has waited on us and when I saw him approaching our table I almost left; I should have.
- Surprisingly wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014I must admit that I was very surprised at this wonderful find. The food was delicious, the service impeccable and the ambiance perfect! Great job !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foods Great but Ambience Isn'tNYFoodieDined on 8/21/2014The food was excellent- from the rolls, salad, steaks,pasta dishes, chicken Marsala - there were no complaints from any of the 9 people at our table. But when you pay prices that seem higher than most Fine Restaraunts in the area(which we don't mind), you deserve to be in a setting that is special. Jules could use a Designer to help with that.Special Features:
- bobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great food, service, and everything was Great! SuPrised more people weren't there! Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!NowImWhippedDined on 8/19/2014Took my girlfriend here before getting engaged that night. Great food. Crab cakes were the best I've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AniversaryEasterDined on 8/16/2014Staff was very attentive. Waiter was knowledgable & suggested alternatives not on the menu. One of the only restaurants serving warm rolls in Ocean City. Meal was delicious! Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Take your vacation to the next lvlpdidVIPDined on 8/8/2014Tucked back in the Food Lion shopping center, Jules easily is one of the hidden gems on Ocean City. My family dined here on Friday using OpenTable (one of the few OC restaurants that are on here). We were seated immediately and service was excellent. We had a mix of martinis and wine throughout the night -- great wine list. The appetizers (pork belly and fries green tomatoes) were unreal and our entrees put all our other meals that we had that week to shame (we had dined at Liquid Assets and Catch 54). DEFINITELY dine here at least once during your OC vacation; we know we are going to make it an annual staple and we are looking forward to our next meal already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fine dining in OCGibsonDined on 8/6/2014JJules restau is the best fining dining in Ocean City MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent high level diningEMfromPADined on 8/5/2014We go to Jules whenever we're in Ocean City. It serves food at a consistently high level. On this visit. our service was particularly good as our waiter went out of his way to make sure the food met my needs in terms of not having meat ingredients. He came to our table before our entree was served and told me the rice had chicken stock and that I might want to substitute mashed potatoes. Service like that is greatly appreciated. In addition, the early bird is one of the best deals in Ocean City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We love dining at Jules when we visit Ocean City every summer. The wait staff, atmosphere and delicious food keeps us coming back year after year.Special Features:
- DH75Dined on 8/4/2014This was our first trip to Jules and it was great. The food was awesome and the service was great as well. Our water glasses were filled immediately as soon as they were empty and the dishes were removed promptly when we were finished with them. The creme brûlée was to die for. That is my go to dessert and it was the best I have had anywhere. Definitely a must when in OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOcean202Dined on 7/30/2014Seven friends all had a great meal at Jules! We were there for the Early Bird and got a glass of wine, appetizer, salad, and entree for$30.00! Everything was delicious and will be back!Special Features:
- Worst customer service I've seenPaul57Dined on 7/19/2014Half empty restaurant at 830 on a Saturday night in Ocean city, friend ordered salad and 2 appetizers for an entree, scallops were cold and she didn't eat, upon asking for bill our waiter noticed and offered to take off bill. Bill came, still on, he said we would take care of and came out with cold scallops in a to go box, Told us owner said they were fine and you were too slow eating and they got cold, too bad for you. Owner then came out raising voice stating they cost him $20 a pound and what could he do with them now. It was the first and only time I was ever accosted in a restaurant in 40 years! Would recommend never going there! It was so uncomfortable for us and the tables around. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO JULES!!!!!!!
- Great place, close by...TomCatDined on 7/19/2014As usual, food was great, served by friendly staff, even though the place was very busy... We love our Jules...Special Features:
- nceastVIPDined on 7/8/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner in this delightful bistro tucked away from the highway in a shopping center. Food was excellent and service attentive. We'd return if we are back in the area.Special Features:
- Hugh Portions!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Great flavors! Dessert a bit disappointing compared to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Mu husband and I really enjoyed our dinners. The tomato, corn and crab soup was delicious. Salads were fresh and flavorful. My filet was cooked just right and my husband enjoyed the crab cake.
- Good food, dubious servicedaa2202VIPDined on 6/27/2014First time at Jules. Good (not great) food, surprisingly nice atmosphere in a shopping center location, but with questionable service. Our waiter didn't remember all the specials (which we heard other waiters describing to other tables), ignored empty bread baskets and water glasses, and just generally seemed out of it most of the time. I had the lamb and while it was tasty, I was disappointed with the small portion (4 small chops, about 2 bites each.) My wife had the duck, which was quite good and a much better portion as well. Overall, not a bad place and Ocean City certainly needs more fine dining restaurants for my taste, but they just need to tighten up some details...and hire some qualified servers.Special Features:
- The following 182 reviews are from the Jules Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014excellent food and excellent value for prix fix mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodPhillygirl1Dined on 6/21/2014Our night at Jules was outstanding. We had friends in from Philadelphia and wanted to take them to someplace special, it was a great choice. Fried green tomatoes, lamb stew, cream of crab soup for apps. Salads, Filet, chicken Marsala , crab cakes were fantastic, great service and atmosphere. We had a wonderful dining experience. Make reservations, it will be the highlight of your summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014Second time dining there food well done but service does not match the level of food!Special Features:
- 3 for 30NotimpressedDined on 6/12/2014Over priced menu. Should be $5 to $10 less than there current prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.