Julep Restaurant & Bar
4500 I-55 North
Jackson, MS 39211Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Julep Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.juleprestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6013621411
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Martin Bryant
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: You’ve either decided to host a glorious event like a wedding, birthday, office party, and so on, or you’ve lost some sort of bet and are now forced to host a glorious event like a wedding, birthday, office party, and so on. Either way, you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you. And no matter what the event is, you’d better believe that the one thing that your guests are going to remember is the food. For example, half of the reason that in-laws show up to a wedding is that there’s going to be food there. No lie. Julep can promise you the Perfect Food for the Perfect Occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Julep offers a semi-private room in the back of the restaurant that is great for small private functions of up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Holley Yarber 601-201-9611
- Entertainment: Julep offers live Acoustic music on many weekends throughout the year. Please call for information on upcoming musical performances.
A word from Julep Restaurant & Bar
At Julep we believe too much of a good thing can be wonderful. And that's exactly what you can expect when you experience the delightfully creative menu featuring the freshest and finest ingredients presented in the most unexpected fare imaginable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Julep Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Julep Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)good for groups (17)great for brunch (15)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- A find in MSJSeatsVIPDined on 9/3/2014Julep was quite nice. Good menu, excellent service, and a good atmosphere. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 8 treated great!AllenCDined on 8/4/2014A midsized group, we had a fantastic time. Food was awesome and service was good. Even with two small kids the atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:
- Thumbs up!Picky1Dined on 7/30/2014Great place for lunch. Good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLuv2cookDined on 7/17/2014Our waitress, Wisdom was good. The food was not. I ordered a redfish and it was so over cooked, I couldn't cut it with a fork. The ambiance could be cool, but they have clear plastic chairs that don't go with the brick wall and rustic look. It has potential but definitely needs some tweaking.Special Features:
- Never disappointsEnjoyedDined on 7/15/2014Been there several times and each time food is fantastic. Service is typically friendly and efficient. Atmosphere and tables are weakest element, but if you are lucky you can get table that doesn't feel like its in the main walking path.Special Features:
- Amazing chickenMonaDined on 7/14/2014Their fried and stuffed chicken was amazing! They were out of whole chicken but even with the chicken breasts it was delicious. The decor was very neat as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in JacksonBenThereDined on 7/5/2014Spent the July 4th weekend in Jackson. Finding a place to eat that was not fast food seemed impossible, then a local recommended Julep. Great food and service, the wait staff was there when you needed something but otherwise gave you space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food/Poor ServiceRiboflavinDined on 7/3/2014Would have preferred going for chicken wings if that says anything. Food was decent but there are many cheaper, better alternatives. One person in our party ordered grilled chicken on their salad and got fried chicken. I ordered a beer that was on the menu and was told they did not have it and ended up having to ask for a list of what they had. I ordered a lager and got what looked like a Pale. The check was messed up and when they reran it it was messed up again so we just paid for some of the stuff the other couple got because I didn't feel like running it a third time.
- Awesome!lovedenver79Dined on 6/24/2014Everything we had was wonderful! Definitely recommend stopping here if you are in Jackson.Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Julep Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Overall Experience!SpannDined on 5/28/2013The waitress seemed a bit rushed,perhaps due to the late hour we arrived appox.(8:20 pm), but nice. The food is always Great! Our over all experience was Great! Can't wait to dine there again. The Shrimp Toast Is AWESOME!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay southern cookingDocMJDined on 5/12/2013The fried chicken is listed as award winning and I wouldn't give it two thumbs up. The desserts were very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, yummy biscuitsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/23/2013We ordered a bottle of wine and the bartender said he couldn't find it. Our waiter went the extra step and looked himself and found it. I wish I knew his name. Burger was good but a little overdone. Strawberry salad was excellent.
- The mixed green salad, friedOccasionaldinerVIPDined on 2/17/2013The mixed green salad, fried chicken and bread pudding all were excellent.
- First come, First serveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013As always, wonderful food and a great time. the ONLY issue I had was that we were not aware the large cushy booths by the bar area are first come first serve. One sat vacant for almost 20 minutes while we waited on a table. I'll remember next time though :)Special Features:
- Julep is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013Julep is a great place for any occasion. Whether in the mood for brunch or a nice dress-up outing for dinner, Julep is the place to go. The menu selection is varied enough that anyone will easily find something that will delight. The prices are excellent, and the food portions are just right. Overall, Julep is a great place for anyone, anytime.Special Features:
- Awesome experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Loved! I was so excited to takey family since they'd never been. Our table was ready upon arrival and not in the middle of the main space. Our server was attentive, knowledgable, and super friendly! It was an awesome birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/30/2012Good menu, with very good food. Our waiter was quite inexperienced, which resulted in some delay in ordering and some delay in having proper plates and utensils. Deserves a do-over. Suspect our experience will be much better.Special Features:
- Year after year, this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Year after year, this restaurant continues to please us. The menu could use updating more often, but the service and atmosphere are in-line with the price and value of this noted establishment.Special Features:
- Disappointed with food. FriedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/10/2012Disappointed with food. Fried chicken-so, so. Blackened tuna-too salty
- I had a Fantastic time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012I had a Fantastic time at Juleps celebrating my birthday with my co-workers. We had a Great time.Special Features:
- Grubbin' southern styleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Absolutely great southern food. A must try dining experience. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Really enjoyed our experience at Julep. Had great food and drinks!!Special Features:
- Had a great meal here. TheFineFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/12/2012Had a great meal here. The owner stopped by to ask about the meal.Special Features:
- Bad for food - good for late nightkco45VIPDined on 8/7/2012Steak Salad was not good - 4 thin strips of cold steak over what tasted like store bought greens and fake bacon bits. Too much cheap blue cheese - beer was cold though. Bartender kept sitting at tables with his friends - too much money for what I paid.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012Fabulous food, great atmosphere and great waiters/hosts. Recommend if you're looking for good southern food late at night (as most neighborhood places will be closed after 8)Special Features:
- Loved the fried chicken.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012Loved the fried chicken. Green beans left something to be desired. Liked that they let me substitute the mashed potatoes for another side. Loved the clear chairs. Our waiter was very friendly and charming. Would go back if in the area again. (from another city)
- The table was set up reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2012The table was set up really beautiful, until the waiter took away the glasses before the rest of our guess arrived and brought up tacky foam cups. We were never served rolls. Serval people in our group including myself placed an order never received it! The only thing we got was the appetizers that we order earlier. We waited and waited on our food never got, so we didnt worry about because we all was dissappointed after waiting 35 minutes to find out that he just didnt place the order. I believe the waiter had to many tables including us (a party of 9). Maybe if he didn't have to many tables including another large group to wait on, our service would have been a whole lot better!Special Features:
- My husband and I were disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012My husband and I were disappointed in the quality of our food. Shrimp toast as an apetizer - it was fair. My husband had your "Famous" fried chicken sandwich - nothing special - fried chicken on a bun. I had your "crawfish" etouffee - not good at all. Too much heat spice and NO flavor - very bland (blah) roux. I literally had to hunt to find any crawfish meat - what I did find was very tiny and could not have been more than a teaspoon full total. Fried green tomato garnish on top was okay. I wanted to tell the waitress how disappointed we were and to offer to teach the chef how to make killer etouffee, but, alas, my husband would not let me.
- Good Private RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2012We used the Room that was Quiet and Thanks for treating us with TLCSpecial Features:
- Food was very good, AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Food was very good, Ambiance very poor. a lot of noise. Loud to say the least.Special Features:
- Fried green tomatoes wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2012Fried green tomatoes were superb Fried chicken soso too sweet. Great management. Very pleasant visit.
- The food was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012The food was delicious but our waitress brought out our appetizer and then only about three minutes later our food! We weren't ready for that and so we felt a little rushed. It would have been perfect if she timed it all beterSpecial Features:
- I wasn't a fan of the clearOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012I wasn't a fan of the clear plastic chairs for seating. The fries that came with my meal were lack-luster and soggy. Everything else was good!
- The staff was extremely accommodatiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012The staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. We had a party of 7 which made seating difficult, but they handled it well. The food was great. They have a wonderful selection of appetizers. The birthday (wedding cake) was fantastic! Thanks for being so friendly and helpful. We will be back!Special Features:
- The menu and food were reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2012The menu and food were really good. It was so hard for us to decide what to order, there were so many wonderful things to choose from. The service was great and the staff was very friendly. The only problem was a screaming child, pitching a major fit in the first dining room. Everyone in the restaurant was disturbed. Probably an entire new clientele would have been gained had management asked them to leave. The mother was just sitting there watching the child kick and scream on the floor, while the other child went around to unoccupied tables scribbling on each one with a crayon.Special Features:
- The food was perfectly prepared,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012The food was perfectly prepared, visually pleasing, hot and delicious. The service was prompt and attentive. Well done!Special Features:
- Amazing chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2012If you go, get the fried chicken! Be it a sandwich, or the dinner, just get it! It is amazing, best I've ever had. Also, the tuna tower is to die for. Fabulous place and a great price.Special Features:
- I always enjoy Julep. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012I always enjoy Julep. The food, the atmosphere, the service. It's really a nice, inexpensive restaurant with great selections.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the fried chickenOccasionaldinerVIPDined on 2/19/2012We enjoyed the fried chicken and the bread pudding. The server was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- My wife and I went to JulepOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012My wife and I went to Julep for Valentine's Day. It was busy but we didn't feel like we were being rushed or that our waitress was overwhelmed. She was very nice and attentive to us. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a nice dinner.Special Features: