1201-L Raleigh Rd
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jujuberestaurant.com/
- Phone: (919) 960-0555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Charlie Deal
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room with large tables that accommodate up to 20 people. special menus a la carte
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Deal 9199600555x
A word from Jujube
Jujube offers a unique culinary experience in the Triangle that brings Cantonese, Vietnamese, and Cambodian cuisine infused with the finest Western influenced flavors. We feature an extensive collection of craft beer, a wide variety of wines that elegantly complement our menu, as well as a refreshing assortment of signature cocktails. Escape the ordinary. Come enjoy our harmonious environment where Asian themed decor and soft lantern lighting awaits you. In the warmer months, enjoy dining al fresco on our outdoor patio. At Jujube we aim to bring you an eclectic myriad of tastes in an ambiance that brings together both the beauty of Asian tradition paired with a whimsical modern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Jujube - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Jujube reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (34)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (22)romantic (19)great for lunch (17)hot spot (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great Food great servicehungryjoeDined on 11/20/2014large selection delicisou food wiaters very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The same but always differentHillsboroughDinersClubVIPDined on 11/15/2014Jujube continues to surprise. Just a week or so away from closing for major remodeling, the restaurant put on a great show for my wife and me. The food was extraordinary and the service was excellent. We like trying new restaurants but Jujube is our touchstone. We have a favorite waiter who we always ask for when we're making a reservation, but all of the staff are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good - but dropped my fave dish!!NYCdiner10021Dined on 11/15/2014Back private, curtained tables are lovely for the right occasion....and the front main area is great too. Always busy, always delicious food, and good service. BUT, they didn't have the wonderful chicken dish that I specifically returned there for, instead had a more seasoned chicken breast, which altho good, was saltier than I prefer. The cuisine is "fusion"...not too heavy on the Asian part, and really nice. Recommend this if you're in Chapel Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmm, good. Always great.MmmmgoodDined on 11/11/2014Always great. The fusion dishes are varied, interesting, and always tasty. Good wine list and special cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousbradweissDined on 11/5/2014The crispy chicken is one of the best dishes I've ever eaten. I'm not crazy about chicken breast, but this was PERFECT.
- excellent, innovate asian fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014All diners in my group had outstanding food, cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Interesting menugo2eatDined on 11/3/2014Jujube's has an interesting menu, with enough variety that almost anyone -- including vegetarians -- will find something that they like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceLouise1Dined on 11/1/2014This is my third time at Jujube, twice for lunch and this was my first time for dinner. We arrived early for our reservation and had a drink at the bar. Once our friends arrived we were immediately seated and their drink orders taken straight away. We had 4 of the dumplings - chicken, mushroom, pork belly and duck, the duck were the best! Our entrees were all spectacular and the service was spot on. Not rushed and it was a lovely evening, the guys even ordered dessert. We will be back!Special Features:
- Evening with friendsOccasionaldnrVIPDined on 11/1/2014I took an out-of-town guest and friends to Jujube for an evening meal. As always the food was excellent, the service attentive, and the evening was a great success. On other occasions, I have asked to be seated at the back bar and have watched the food preparation. Food theater at its best!Special Features:
- meadowlarksDined on 10/24/2014The hanger steak is outstanding--done to perfection. Service is friendly and congenial.Special Features:
- kktryroriDined on 10/22/2014Good food, good martinis, good beer list. The pot de creme was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatRobinDined on 10/18/2014Returned to Jujube with out of town guests two weeks in a row. The food, service, and ambiance continue to impress. I could eat here often and enjoy creative new combinations each time. This time, the Chocolate and Peanut Butter dessert was a big hit -- 3 of us couldn't finish the huge portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemongrass Hangar SteaklunchproVIPDined on 10/16/2014Don't miss it. It's fantastic! The duck dumplings are also delicious. I had a yummy rose by the glass that went great with my meal. Wonderful time. One of my favorites.Special Features:
- nofieDined on 10/10/2014Visited for daughter's 19th birthday celebration. Food, service, ambiance was great! Highly recommend & would definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding eclectic fareRobinDined on 10/10/2014I love Jujube because the menu is so interesting and eclectic. The ingredients are fresh, and the presentation is artistic and inviting. The combinations are original and always delicious. And the portions are satisfying. Though I have to say, I manage to stuff in dessert because it shouldn't be missed.Special Features:
- Noise problemNoijsyDined on 10/10/2014The service was outstanding,, the food good, but the noise level was awful. I had requested an outdoor table but arrived to find our friends already seated inside and did not want to make a fuss on such a busy Friday night but wish I had.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousnikmoDined on 10/4/2014I really WANT to give Jujube 5 stars, but this visit one of our dishes was a bit too spicy, and this after our companion asked for the sauce on the side because she didn't want it to be too hot, and it still was a bit hot for her. The dumplings were FABULOUS - could have eaten them for a main course!! Always love the menu options - they truly have something for just about anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious is all I can sayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014But really, Jujube has amazing food. We live on a budget so we go for special occasions, but we keep going back because it will never disappoint (and we want to try more things on the menu). Portions are a great size for what you pay, so I really have no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great modern AsianTheMysteryCowDined on 9/27/2014I've been to JuJuBe several times before, and my experience has always been pleasant. Great food, and they were very accommodating for a late reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Imaginative flavor combinations, excellent vegetarian options. I was disappointed they did not have Jamison Irish whiskey, but it is difficult to stock everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemongrass Beef SaladlunchproVIPDined on 9/25/2014Nothing else needs to be said! Just order it. You won't be sorry!Special Features:
- Pork 3 WaysmargaretDined on 9/17/2014We enjoy going to Jujube. It's near our home, the food is very good and it's nice place to take visitors. We went Wednesday night with our son and 2 visiting friends from Italy. Duck 2 Ways has been and continues to be a favorite. The addition of Pork 3 Ways on the menu is going to make choosing harder than ever! It is delicious. Wednesday was half price dumpling night. I never get enough of them. The waiters are always friendly and helpful. There are lots of great places to eat in Chapel Hill and Jujube is one of them .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchwithfriendsDined on 9/12/2014I frequently have lunch at Jujube and can always count on seeing other friends and university colleagues there. My favorite lunch time dish is the Vietnamese crepes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wendell C.WendellCDined on 8/30/2014Took out of town guests for dinner..there were four of us. All of loved our meals. The place is lovely, the service great...couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- KarinVIPDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I enjoyed a delicious three appetizer dinner, with Geisha martini's that were perfect. The varied tastes and textures of the appetizers were delightful and the perfect amount for a light dinner! The waitress was friendly but not intrusive. The noise level was a bit loud, however, and the seat, while inside, was heated regularly by the door nearby opening up and letting in hot, humid summer air. Every meal I have had at Jujube's has been fabulous!Special Features:
- Great dishesChapelHillDonDined on 8/26/2014I hadn't been to Jujube's in over two years and now realize what a mistake that had been. All four of us who dined that evening agreed that our entrees were outstanding, as was the service.Special Features:
- Great as usualDurhamDadDined on 8/23/2014Jujube is always a consideration for a night without the kids. We have been a couple of times this year, and each time love the good, setting, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not in a rushDelWDined on 8/23/2014Don't know if it was the number of large groups or what but entrees were almost an hour in coming from the time of being seated. Fortunately we were not in a hurry but that seems a longer than normal time for a party of two. The meal was very good as usual, just took a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Fantastic restaurant! The food was delicious, especially the dumplings and 'crack' pie dessert. Our server was friendly and not over bearing. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a date night.Special Features:
- Always goodskinisinDined on 8/15/2014Jujube' is consistently good with a diverse imaginative Pan Asian menu. Some old favorites - Hanger steak, crab cakes etc as well as tasty appetizers. A neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great ambience, service & nice foodWorldTravelerDined on 8/15/2014We had a bunch of small plates to start. Very delicious. Only complaint is that some of the dishes were a little too salty--eg. the mayo with the shrimp tempura. Inventive entrees. Lives up to its name of Almost Asian-creative fusion cuisine. Nice wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for vegetariansWashingtonVIPDined on 8/14/2014My fiancee and I recently started practicing weekday vegetarianism (not a real thing -- we just don't eat meat on weekdays). We've been to Jujube many times, and we always love it. But we've really started to appreciate their veggie options. On this visit, we had the spring rolls with peanut sauce (amazing), the bibb salad (amazing), the mushroom dumplings (really great), and the tofu fake-chicken stir fry (good). This place never disappoints. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Really disappointing.PillrollerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Let me start by saying this was my third time here and the other visits were alright. The special was NC flounder . After ordering we were told that there was only one portion left, would be mind Wahoo for the other dish. When the entrée came the Wahoo was raw I discovered after eating some or it. So I ordered something else. In the mean time my wife couldn't eat her flounder because it got cold waiting for my replacement entrée and because she lost her appetite after seeing my fish entrée. When the bill came we were only charged for one entrée but the evening was shot. In retrospect we should have left without ordering the replacement entrée. The check was still over $60 with tip. Too much for a ruined evening out.
- BritDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I both love going to JuJube. The food is always so innovative, so fresh and delicious and healthful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a classic for uscocciVIPDined on 8/1/2014Interesting menu, nice atmosphere, the jujube lasagna are amazingSpecial Features:
- JackDined on 8/1/2014The food is great! Always an interesting menu choice, and the bartenders make wonderful concoctions, tables are a bit close and, like most restaurants, too noisy.Special Features:
- Excellent!!Louise1Dined on 7/31/2014Great find in Chapel Hill. 5 of us ordered the pork, the shrimp and mushroom dumplings and shared, delish! Then we all ordered different entrees, each equally fabulous. Will be back for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing chemistryOenophiliacVIPDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant is one of the best Asian Fusion restaurants I've ever tried. Amazing food combinations that work on numerous levels. Interesting wine choices. Amazing teamwork among service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 237 reviews are from the Jujube reviews archive.
- Distinctive food and ambienceGenkoDined on 7/28/2014We are Jujube regulars, and always have a good time here--great vegetarian food, prepared with just as much care and imagination as the meat dishes. The food looks beautiful, as does the lovely intimate interior space. You can hear your friends talking across the table. The wait staff are cheerful, knowledgeable, accommodating. The outdoor area could do with some more congenial landscaping--currently it just looks like a side alley with a few plants and some draped mosquito screening.Special Features:
- WONDERFULFoodieJeffDined on 7/25/2014This place is tucked away in a little shopping center and was an awesome find!!! Food, service and mixologist were all perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.