1201-L Raleigh Rd
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jujuberestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9199600555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Charlie Deal
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room with large tables that accommodate up to 20 people. special menus a la carte
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Deal 9199600555x
A word from Jujube
Jujube offers a unique culinary experience in the Triangle that brings Cantonese, Vietnamese, and Cambodian cuisine infused with the finest Western influenced flavors. We feature an extensive collection of craft beer, a wide variety of wines that elegantly complement our menu, as well as a refreshing assortment of signature cocktails. Escape the ordinary. Come enjoy our harmonious environment where Asian themed decor and soft lantern lighting awaits you. In the warmer months, enjoy dining al fresco on our outdoor patio. At Jujube we aim to bring you an eclectic myriad of tastes in an ambiance that brings together both the beauty of Asian tradition paired with a whimsical modern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jujube - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Jujube reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (61)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (21)good for groups (20)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lemongrass Hangar SteaklunchproVIPDined on 10/16/2014Don't miss it. It's fantastic! The duck dumplings are also delicious. I had a yummy rose by the glass that went great with my meal. Wonderful time. One of my favorites.Special Features:
- nofieDined on 10/10/2014Visited for daughter's 19th birthday celebration. Food, service, ambiance was great! Highly recommend & would definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding eclectic fareRobinDined on 10/10/2014I love Jujube because the menu is so interesting and eclectic. The ingredients are fresh, and the presentation is artistic and inviting. The combinations are original and always delicious. And the portions are satisfying. Though I have to say, I manage to stuff in dessert because it shouldn't be missed.Special Features:
- Noise problemNoijsyDined on 10/10/2014The service was outstanding,, the food good, but the noise level was awful. I had requested an outdoor table but arrived to find our friends already seated inside and did not want to make a fuss on such a busy Friday night but wish I had.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousnikmoDined on 10/4/2014I really WANT to give Jujube 5 stars, but this visit one of our dishes was a bit too spicy, and this after our companion asked for the sauce on the side because she didn't want it to be too hot, and it still was a bit hot for her. The dumplings were FABULOUS - could have eaten them for a main course!! Always love the menu options - they truly have something for just about anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious is all I can sayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014But really, Jujube has amazing food. We live on a budget so we go for special occasions, but we keep going back because it will never disappoint (and we want to try more things on the menu). Portions are a great size for what you pay, so I really have no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great modern AsianTheMysteryCowDined on 9/27/2014I've been to JuJuBe several times before, and my experience has always been pleasant. Great food, and they were very accommodating for a late reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Imaginative flavor combinations, excellent vegetarian options. I was disappointed they did not have Jamison Irish whiskey, but it is difficult to stock everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemongrass Beef SaladlunchproVIPDined on 9/25/2014Nothing else needs to be said! Just order it. You won't be sorry!Special Features:
- Pork 3 WaysmargaretDined on 9/17/2014We enjoy going to Jujube. It's near our home, the food is very good and it's nice place to take visitors. We went Wednesday night with our son and 2 visiting friends from Italy. Duck 2 Ways has been and continues to be a favorite. The addition of Pork 3 Ways on the menu is going to make choosing harder than ever! It is delicious. Wednesday was half price dumpling night. I never get enough of them. The waiters are always friendly and helpful. There are lots of great places to eat in Chapel Hill and Jujube is one of them .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchwithfriendsDined on 9/12/2014I frequently have lunch at Jujube and can always count on seeing other friends and university colleagues there. My favorite lunch time dish is the Vietnamese crepes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wendell C.WendellCDined on 8/30/2014Took out of town guests for dinner..there were four of us. All of loved our meals. The place is lovely, the service great...couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- KarinVIPDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I enjoyed a delicious three appetizer dinner, with Geisha martini's that were perfect. The varied tastes and textures of the appetizers were delightful and the perfect amount for a light dinner! The waitress was friendly but not intrusive. The noise level was a bit loud, however, and the seat, while inside, was heated regularly by the door nearby opening up and letting in hot, humid summer air. Every meal I have had at Jujube's has been fabulous!Special Features:
- Great dishesChapelHillDonDined on 8/26/2014I hadn't been to Jujube's in over two years and now realize what a mistake that had been. All four of us who dined that evening agreed that our entrees were outstanding, as was the service.Special Features:
- Great as usualDurhamDadDined on 8/23/2014Jujube is always a consideration for a night without the kids. We have been a couple of times this year, and each time love the good, setting, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not in a rushDelWDined on 8/23/2014Don't know if it was the number of large groups or what but entrees were almost an hour in coming from the time of being seated. Fortunately we were not in a hurry but that seems a longer than normal time for a party of two. The meal was very good as usual, just took a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Fantastic restaurant! The food was delicious, especially the dumplings and 'crack' pie dessert. Our server was friendly and not over bearing. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a date night.Special Features:
- Always goodskinisinDined on 8/15/2014Jujube' is consistently good with a diverse imaginative Pan Asian menu. Some old favorites - Hanger steak, crab cakes etc as well as tasty appetizers. A neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great ambience, service & nice foodWorldTravelerDined on 8/15/2014We had a bunch of small plates to start. Very delicious. Only complaint is that some of the dishes were a little too salty--eg. the mayo with the shrimp tempura. Inventive entrees. Lives up to its name of Almost Asian-creative fusion cuisine. Nice wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for vegetariansWashingtonVIPDined on 8/14/2014My fiancee and I recently started practicing weekday vegetarianism (not a real thing -- we just don't eat meat on weekdays). We've been to Jujube many times, and we always love it. But we've really started to appreciate their veggie options. On this visit, we had the spring rolls with peanut sauce (amazing), the bibb salad (amazing), the mushroom dumplings (really great), and the tofu fake-chicken stir fry (good). This place never disappoints. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Really disappointing.PillrollerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Let me start by saying this was my third time here and the other visits were alright. The special was NC flounder . After ordering we were told that there was only one portion left, would be mind Wahoo for the other dish. When the entrée came the Wahoo was raw I discovered after eating some or it. So I ordered something else. In the mean time my wife couldn't eat her flounder because it got cold waiting for my replacement entrée and because she lost her appetite after seeing my fish entrée. When the bill came we were only charged for one entrée but the evening was shot. In retrospect we should have left without ordering the replacement entrée. The check was still over $60 with tip. Too much for a ruined evening out.
- BritDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I both love going to JuJube. The food is always so innovative, so fresh and delicious and healthful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a classic for uscocciVIPDined on 8/1/2014Interesting menu, nice atmosphere, the jujube lasagna are amazingSpecial Features:
- JackDined on 8/1/2014The food is great! Always an interesting menu choice, and the bartenders make wonderful concoctions, tables are a bit close and, like most restaurants, too noisy.Special Features:
- Excellent!!Louise1Dined on 7/31/2014Great find in Chapel Hill. 5 of us ordered the pork, the shrimp and mushroom dumplings and shared, delish! Then we all ordered different entrees, each equally fabulous. Will be back for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing chemistryOenophiliacDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant is one of the best Asian Fusion restaurants I've ever tried. Amazing food combinations that work on numerous levels. Interesting wine choices. Amazing teamwork among service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distinctive food and ambienceGenkoDined on 7/28/2014We are Jujube regulars, and always have a good time here--great vegetarian food, prepared with just as much care and imagination as the meat dishes. The food looks beautiful, as does the lovely intimate interior space. You can hear your friends talking across the table. The wait staff are cheerful, knowledgeable, accommodating. The outdoor area could do with some more congenial landscaping--currently it just looks like a side alley with a few plants and some draped mosquito screening.Special Features:
- WONDERFULFoodieJeffDined on 7/25/2014This place is tucked away in a little shopping center and was an awesome find!!! Food, service and mixologist were all perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and deliciousDcDivaDined on 7/24/2014Lunched with a friend and delighted at interesting and delicious menu choices. Service was quick and efficient. Bar had upper top shelf to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingVerydisgruntledDined on 7/23/2014The service was a little erratic especially for a weeknight. I enjoyed seeing the Weizenbier from the bottle foaming right over the top of the glass. A quick learner our server she let me pour the next one and watched. I explained how it should be done and we had quite an amusing conversation. I enjoyed a nicely cooked pork chop but the trimmings were much to be desired. The latkes potato cake was soggy and uninspiring. Good vegetable rolls but could do with a bit more leafy herbs (Thai basil grows well here in CH). Crack cake liked by all. Take time and good humour and this is a good place to eat.Special Features:
- More than good...FigaroDined on 7/23/2014Hadn't been here for a while...it's pricey, but not that bad, great for something special, and there were 5 of us. And the food is even more delicious than I remembered. Particularly, I can recommend the incredible callimari appetizer...perfectly, I mean PERFECTLY, fried....not overly coated, great combo of rings and tentacles, not greasy, nicely spiced.....also discovered because of them the best tasting US made hard cider (love English ciders) I've found yet, Original Sin...thanks, fellas...oh, and did I mention everything else tasted great as well?...Special Features:
- One of my favorite places.sweetlikepepperDined on 7/18/2014Service can range from good to great. I always enjoy the food and I normally love to sit outside. ...everyone is really nice and they take care of their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Jujube is one of our favorites and we try to go at least monthly...never disappointed!Special Features:
- Good findDavidDined on 7/12/2014We went for a special occasion and wanted something a little different. Very pleasant server and tasty food. Not much for looks but that isn't too important for us. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014We had the most delicious meal. We are never disappointed with Jujube. Definitely go! Excellent service and great atmosphere. Food is consistently creative and good quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening at JujubeHungryHeartDined on 7/9/2014We had dinner out on the terrace area which is comfortable, plenty of space between tables, tables are a good size; food was brilliant, unusual and interesting; service could not have been better. Waiter good-natured and attentive, offered suggestions, answered questions, made us feel welcomed and important. Atmosphere is easygoing and restaurant is perfectly managed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceWashingtonVIPDined on 7/2/2014I've been to Jujube many times, and I love it. The food is always amazing. We ordered three dishes we had never tried before, and they were all phenomenal. When it comes to the menu, you just can't go wrong here. The service, on the other hand, has always been a little so-so. Sometimes the servers are hard to track down. This was a slow night, and our server was around, but sort of corny and overly-scripted -- it was a little like talking to a server at Cracker Barrel, sort of hoakey and obviously rehearsed. It was a small distraction, though. The other downside is that Jujube is a little overpriced--the check is always about $20 more than what it probably should given the other options in the area. But my fiancee loves the place, so...Special Features:
- Asian Fusion To Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/30/2014When one says Asian Fusion, you know it's not going to be traditional, but you don't know what to expect until you get it. The meal at Jujube was a culinary adventure and it was exquisite. We started off with the seasonal mango salad, the pork dumplings, and the bibb salad with goat cheese. The presentation was on point and honestly, there was not one of these dishes that was better than the other. Each was distinctive, well balanced in flavors, and textured perfectly. For the main course, we ordered the Lemongrass Hanger Steak and the Duck. This was hands down some of the best food I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- Great twist on Asian8thereDined on 6/27/2014Interesting options - not the usual fare. Kale salad was yummy, didn't care for the fried dumplings (oily). Noodle salad was good too.Special Features:
- Unique & excellent restaurantTXNCfoodieDined on 6/23/2014First time at this restaurant and we will definitely be back. The menu and flavors are unusual and the food exceeded our expectations -- we thought everything was really quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 223 reviews are from the Jujube reviews archive.