20 Monroe Ave. NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegilmorecollection.com/
- Phone: 6163562000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Clark Frain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Private Party Facilities: We have our Bottle Lodge available for parties of 18 or less. Please contact Lue at (616) 356-2000 ext: 46.
- Private Party Contact: Lue Bryant 6163562000x46
A word from Judson's Steakhouse
Established in 1903 Judson's is the recipient of numerous awards as Grand Rapid's number one steakhouse and the accolades are well deserved. Featuring a delicious grass fed beef selection, Judson's Steakhouse puts a high premium on local, quality, and variety. Come experience our Premium Cuts with favorites such as our Tomahawk Ribeye or USDA Grade Prime New York Strip Steak. There are options abound for all tastes, with an ample selection of seafood, chops and house specialties. Enjoy a perfectly paired glass of wine from our award-winning wine cellar. The room is tastefully upscale, while retaining a classically comfortable charm. Our guests are encouraged to come casual, relax and let our competent service staff focus on the job of impressing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Judson's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
Judson's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (16)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wait timeMdspikeDined on 9/12/2014We sat at our table for over 10 mins no one approached us, no one came to our table with water - not a waiter in sight so we left! Never again - went to a place who wanted our money !
- Not so hot!LongfellowDined on 9/6/2014It has been a while since we ate there so thought it was time to give it a try. The cost is equal to Ruth's Chris or the Chop House but the food falls short. Our waiter did well enough, better than average. They weren't very busy, understandably so. They either have to get the prices down to the food quality or food quality up to the prices.
- DisappointedRairoadVIPDined on 9/5/2014I began visiting here in 2009. I went once a week for 52 weeks. My wife & I brought our niece in 2012. Then it was consistency from waiter's attentiveness to my martini bein filled to the brim. This visit disappointed from the table initially offered--at the entrance--to presentation of our bill. My wife ordered a particular single malt scotch and the bar was "out." She ordered another Scotch, but only the most expensive version and my martini was a short poor. My next martini was poured into the same glass--not a chilled glass The food was only good. And our bill had my martinis and both Scotches, instead of the one my wife drank. Poor attention to our table during the meal plus inattention to our bill. It means we'll not return.Special Features:
- Great ServiceSweenyDined on 8/30/2014Was impressed with the quantity of food, for a high end restaurant. Great service, and nice atmosphere. Would go back, without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business DinnerCustomerExperienceDined on 8/26/2014A+ across the board. A++ if you get Tim as waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was burn't. The carpet was torn in several places. For the amount of money you are paying should be a little nicer.
- Birthday DinnerSkydancerDined on 8/23/2014We have had the best Filet Mignon here three times now. Consistently good with excellent service people. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerScottsreviewsDined on 8/20/2014my wife and I dine for our anniversary dinner this week and had a wonderful time.the service was great the food was a great value and will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly preparedBillTVIPDined on 8/18/2014My meal was wonderful. Both my companion and I had steak's that were perfectly prepared and she is very high maintenance on the temperature of her beef preparation. The cuts had wonderful flavor and the sides that we ordered were outstanding. The potatoes with truffle oil were a great accompaniment for the beef and the caramelized brusel sprouts were excellent as well. We also had asparagus that was that perfectly prepared and not overcooked like so many restaurants. Delicious. I was also excited to indulge in some fresh oysters as an appetizer. I will be dining at Judson's again in the near future. MySpecial Features:
- Service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The service was excellent and food was good. There were 4 in our group and everyone enjoyed their meal. One person had the walleye and highly recommends this dish. There was A LOT of walleye on their plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!PnCKevinDined on 8/1/2014Wife and I usually have steaks, but decided on the Walleye and the Ahi Tuna. Both fantastic!! Wine list is thorough without being overwhelming, and the value is exceptional for the quality of food. Roughly 1/2 of what we paid at Ruth's Criss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to love?redmeatluvrDined on 7/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Judson's. Food and service was top-notch. Best prime rib I've ever tasted. Pleasant atmosphere, multiple bars in same building for a one-stop entertainment experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for businessCustomerExperienceDined on 7/24/2014We take our clients here. They/we love it. Try the French onion soup.Special Features:
- Great anniversary venuejsbach2306Dined on 7/24/2014We hadn't dined at Judson's in perhaps a year or so and decided to make it the venue for our anniversary celebration. The service was attentive, not rushed, and the various bits of the meal left us in amazement. The French onion soup was a good recipe (too many chefs are heavy-handed with rosemary, but not this one) and the salad with avocado and rhubarb vinaigrette was inspirational. I ordered the tenderloin au poivre (tenderloin filets beg for added flavor) and was rewarded. The filet itself was almost freakishly tender. The Brussels sprouts were roasted and caramelized. It was exciting to find Brazin zinfandel on the menu. We finished with creme brulee that rivaled our own. We absolutely will return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!luv2dineDined on 7/3/2014Our food and service was excellent--- great experience!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014We had a nice booth in the main dining room. Ordered a nice bottle of Chardonnay and apps. Shrimp cocktail, and fresh oysters on the half shell. We ordered dinner, stuffed filet of beef and Halibat. Marcie gave us outstanding service. Great meal.Special Features:
- ExcellentPattiSVIPDined on 6/25/2014The meal and the service was absolutely outstanding. You cannot go wrong having dinner at Judson's.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and WineglyonsDined on 6/12/2014Had a business dinner at Judson's and the food was fantastic. Service was great and the wine list had an item that impressed our guests from Sweeden. We all had a great time. No one rushed us and we just thought the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food, Quality service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014We had a group of six. There was a wide range of menu items to fit everyone in our group. There drinks and appetizers were served in a timely fashion. The main courses were properly prepared to the correct temperature. Our server was willing to go above and beyond to meet special requests for our special occasion.Special Features:
- The following 398 reviews are from the Judson's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Consistently greatPnCKevinDined on 5/21/2014Judson's is agreat place for impressing customers. Not too stuffy, and excellent food/service. Great wine list, and the bacon wrapped scallops are incredible. Nice selection of fresh oysters. Soked filet is the best steak in town!Special Features:
- Great SteaksMomboDined on 5/13/2014If you crave meat, the place to go. Great apptz., too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!!!!DavidCDined on 5/10/2014Absolutly the best restaurant in Grand Rapids!!! The food was awesome.. Tim was our waiter and he was first class all the way. I was over impressed by Tim in how awesome he was!!! Best king crab legs I've ever had and my wife's Filet Mignon was to die for! Everything perfectly cooked:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seemed more of a tourist spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Judson's seemed geared to the guests who were staying in the area hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and FoodRoosterpigDined on 5/2/2014The Smoked Steak was Awesome. Our Waiter, Tim went above and beyond to make our dining experience pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filets & Chops-4/25/14JaycanchowDined on 4/25/2014Missed my original reservation, so I called and was easilt accommodated. When I arrived, the doormen at the BOB were cheesy, toolish, and uneducated. After getting through the joke of security, I walked into Judsons and felt like it was going to be a good night. We began with the collosal shrimps and Avion margaritas. While the shrimps were huge and filling, I was disappointed to find that were poorly deveined, a huge must if im eating shrimp, especially at one of the finest steakhouses in the downtown GR area. Me and my fiancé had the 8 oz filet and the pork chops. The steak was ordered medium well and was grilled to perfection. The chocolate cake is a must for dessert, trust me..it will be enough to share. Great eats n drinks-$130.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightluvfoodDined on 4/24/2014This was our yearly evening out with old friends. The evening was great and our food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but....metrobillDined on 4/22/2014The food was great, and the server was attentive, knowledgeable, and engaging. The problem was that the entrée took an exceptionally long time to arrive. This would not have been much of a concern except that we were on a time schedule. As it turns out my meal was absconded by the bar tender for one of his customers (no explanation was offered as to why or how this happened). Consequently, all of the meals were re-prepared so that they were fresh. The meals arrived about 15 min. before we wanted to leave. I will add that we have eaten at Judson's many times and this is the only bad experience we have had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014We are big steak and wine fans and Judsons didn't disappoint. First and foremost, Nathaniel was our server, his recrecommendations and professionalism was the catalyst to our great dining experience. The Wagyu beef was amazing to! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MattBDined on 4/5/2014Tim was an exceptional server! My date had the bacon wrapped filet stuffed with Boursin cheese. She gave me a bite and I could have died on the spot. I ordered the sirloin - Oscar style with a half lobster tail. One of the best sirloins I've ever had. Cooked to perfection. Amazingly seasoned. I cannot complain one bit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+Jordyn233Dined on 4/5/2014We can't wait to find ourselves back in Grand Rapids again so that we can enjoy the restaurant again. Even the kids were impressed with the food. Except the kids Mac & cheese is too fancy for kids theses days. I thought it was good. Our waitress accommodated are lucky eater with more veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentLindaDined on 4/4/2014We are huge steak and wine lovers. This was the best restaurant we have ever had steak at. It was fantastic. Great wine selection. Wonderful service. Tim did a wonderful job taking care of us. We will definitely be back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicefdwbDined on 3/28/2014Our waiter was one of the best servers I've had anywhere, made the experience that much better. I thought the food was good but a bit pricey for what you get. Definitely worth another visit to try other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the food was good,LdemaagdDined on 3/22/2014Although the food was good, the service was very slow and 2/4 steaks were cooked wrong so were sent back. The other 2 were almost done with their steaks when we finally received ours. Scalloped potatoes were amazing, asparagus lacked some flavor, salad was good, steak was delicious. The men said the beers were good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening with my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Unique menu items with outstanding flavor combinations! Great quality food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama MiawinendineDined on 3/20/2014A most enjoyable pre-theater meal. Food was great. Service was terrific. Price very reasonable for a quality steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealDunegirl53Dined on 3/18/2014Took my son out for his 30th birthday. The food was terrific and we had a great time....couldn't ask for anything better!
- Great food, great big billOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014I have been to Judson's three times. The service is very good, the family style sides are a nice option, and the steaks are super premium quality. I would likely good more often, if it wasn't so pricey. You can get the "bargain" steak and share sides to make it more reasonable, but this is not the place to be on a budget nonetheless. The wine list is big. The servers have always been extremely knowledgeable and eager to share their thoughts on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Judson's wasSatisfiedDined on 3/15/2014First time at Judson's was a wonderful experience! Our waiter was excellent! Offered suggestions off the menu and stopped back to check on us numerous times. Very attentive to our needs. The food was delicious and nice size portions. I would definitely go back and recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionPnCKevinDined on 3/5/2014My favorite steakhouse in town! Smoked filet is incredible, and the bacon wrapped scallops are not to be missed. Great wine list, and a very knowledgable staff. I always bring customers to Judson's, and they are always impressed. The only downside... Nothing chases a great steak like a tawny port and a cigar. If the BOB had a cigar lounge, there would be no need for The Chop House - La Dolce Vita.Special Features:
- Steakhouse gone upscale!usharringtonsDined on 2/25/2014Thought we'd be going in for a sizzler, and found dry aged and wagyu beef on the menu. A great steak house alternative to Ruth Chris! We will certainly return to Judson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.