Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard
301 Lafitte Street
Mandeville, LA 70448Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jubileerestaurantcourtyard.com/
- Phone: (985) 778-2552
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
VENUE AVAILABLE for PRIVATE PARTIES AND CATERING
Wine dinners, business luncheons, holiday parties, private parties, off-site catering
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Tory Stewart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On and off-site catering available. Let us put our years of experience catering special events to work for YOUR special event. Choose from our preset event menus, or let Chef Tory create a custom menu designed specifically for your needs.
- Special Events: Jubilee Supper Club - Join us for a monthly culinary tribute to a different country/cuisine each month! Four-course prix fixe dinner complete with sommelier-selected wine pairings. Menus and pricing subject to change monthly. May 28: "A Taste of Italy" $75.00 inclusive of tax and gratuity. By reservation only! Credit card information required to hold reservation. Reservations taken until Monday, May 26, 2014.
A word from Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard
Contemporary Louisiana cuisine served in an upscale casual environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- PeterBPeterBDined on 11/21/2014Wonderful food, terrific ambiance, just right wine list, friendly and welcoming service. Needs a sit-down bar, a must on the Northshore, to attract customers who would then stay to dine. Suggest dimming the lights for dinner. A neighborhood gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Jubilee is where my fiance and I chose to celebrate a significant anniversary. It is a quiet, romantic spot with great ambiance for any special occasion. The menu is filled with many chef inspired creations that will fit anyone's pallet. There are unique pairings, such as the espresso crusted filet, available as well as simple classics like local caught fish. We had a soup trio that was filled with the chef's creative twist on long standing favorites like turtle soup, gumbo, and crab bisque. We had scallops and pork shank as our entrees and they were both unbelievable! The seasoning and pairing with creatively prepared vegetables were impossible to resist. Also, the service and knowledge of the wait staff was truly second to none!Special Features:
- Quiet enjoyable mealLARefDined on 10/4/2014Ate at Jubilee after it first opened and the place was hopping. Food was very good and service was excellent. This visit was markedly different in that it was very quiet for a Saturday night. I'm okay with that. Folks may have been involved with college football or other pursuits. My wife and I enjoyed the fresh redfish dishes and soup of the day. A chocolate dessert shared between us ended the meal. Service from Meagan was outstanding and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was quite badFoodieDined on 9/26/2014The food was very good but our server was pre occupied with the restaurant being understaffed. Took a long time to receive our drinks & was told they had run out of oysters (which was the appetizer we wanted) at 7:30!
- Jubliee Worth CelebratingLuvtoeatoutDined on 9/26/2014Treat yourself (and others) to a unigue dinning experience for the north shore. It's a blend of old Mandeville and Magazine Street, offering a refreshing alternative to the larger, crowded and noisy established restaurants. The menu offers good variety and excellent presentations. Portions are filling but not over the top. Be sure to order the speciality ice cream with your desert. Prices are in line with comparable eateries. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday BrunchTigerettaDined on 8/3/2014We had a table of 7 for Brunch on Sunday and had a wonderful dining experience. The food was delicious and everyone was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard reviews archive.
- Amazing experience.JiKaDined on 7/29/2014We had the redfish with crabmeat dressing. It was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWCraneVIPDined on 7/26/2014Certainly in the running for the best dining on the Northshore. Excellent!!!Special Features:
- Got stood upOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014Unfortunately I have had to rate this place poorly because this place stood me up. I had a booked reservation but instead of keeping this they chose to allow the kitchen staff to go home and closed up.
- Exception FoodFoodie427Dined on 7/12/2014My new favorite restaurant. I had the 16 oz. Veal Chop and it was delicious!! For the level of food, the servers were not up to it. They need training and polish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceSchnoogiesmomDined on 7/10/2014We had dinner there tonight for the first time. The restaurant itself is very quaint and although we sat inside, the outside patio looks really nice for cooler days. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. I think it is as good or better than most of the best restaurants in New Orleans. My only concern is how few people were in there dining. We were one of only four tables. Please try Jubilee if you are on the Northshore. I don't think you will be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014Have been for both lunch and dinner. Superb in every way. No room for improvement. Will return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Diningluv2dineVIPDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and service. Couldn't have been better. The ambiance is wonderful and quite elegant.Will be back very soon.Special Features:
- WarrenDDined on 6/15/2014We went here for the first time for a Sunday brunch on Father's Day. The meal was very good and the selections also. The wines were fine and the bar is a notable improvement over the predecessor restaurant at this location, Juniper.Special Features:
- What a nice experience!KatieVIPDined on 6/5/2014It was so nice to have such a great dining experience at Jubilee in Mandeville. We drove from Baton Rouge after reading an article on Jubilee in a local magazine, Country Roads. Our lunch was wonderful! We sampled Shrimp & Cauliflower Bisque, Salad with Peaches & Bleu Cheese, Louisiana Hot Brown, Shrimp & Pasta and Fish & Chips. We finished off the meal with a fruit torte. It was all delicious and the presentation was super! We would definitely make the trip back to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judyfoodieDined on 5/31/2014A delightful evening and delicious meal. We are so glad to have you on our side of the lake and wish you much successSpecial Features:
- Dining ExcellenceBsquaredDined on 5/22/2014The chef is creative but not eclectic. Excellent appetizers and entrees. The fish dishes are among the finest anywhere. Nice setting and competent staff.Special Features:
- Too much foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014We found the food quite good, The main complaint was that it was just too much food, The salads w/a cup of soup would have been enough for a dinner. The entrees were overwhelming. Why not cut your portions in half? It would truly be more appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grreat FoodJohnWDined on 5/11/2014Food was great. Service was great. It was a bit noisy, but it was also Mother's Day. Prking can be tight on Sundays until the church acorss the street lets out.Special Features:
- Great foodMikeDined on 4/25/2014Great food, service, and reasonable prices.........................,................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnWDined on 4/20/2014I had the lamb and it was very good. My wife had the Easter Sunday special, and she throughly enjoyed it. Overall, it was a very plesant Easter Sunday brunch. We have already made reservations for Mothers' Day brunch.Special Features:
- Special place for a birthdaySusanDined on 4/15/2014We went on a Tuesday evening and although it was practically empty, wecfeltvwe were important guests. The food was delicious and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our neighbor recommended thisDonalddDined on 4/4/2014Our neighbor recommended this place to us. Food and service were excellent, will returnSpecial Features:
- DATE NIGHTRip1dineDined on 3/22/2014My wife and I had a great time out and did enjoy Jubilee Rest. Few of the things on the menue were not available which was a surprise. Overall it was nice and we will be back in the near future if they are still open for buisness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite there but on the wayGranEDined on 2/26/2014This was our second visit to Jubilee, once in Oct and then in Feb. Some of the dishes were fine and others were a bit lacking. The service was excellent. The ambiance is attractive and quiet-a novelty in today's hard surface venues. Our feeling was that the chef was trying a bit too hard to push the envelope.Special Features:
- ValentinesDlmlDined on 2/14/2014A special place for a romantic dinner or other special occasion. Excellent food and service. Low noise, friendly staff, and not too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchStarvingArtistDined on 2/13/2014Great spot for a ladies lunch. Beautiful, quiet, light and cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014My wife and I loved our time spent here. Great staff, great food, great ambience...what else could you ask for? A little on the pricey side, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a very good restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014This is a very good restaurant. Modest wine list with very good wines, unpretentious. Service is very good, attentive. Very nice Northshore option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, the food and atmospherePelicangliderDined on 1/18/2014Overall, the food and atmosphere were very good. It fits in well with the feel of Old Mandeville neighborhood. Everyone at our table ordered fish dishes which were all delicious and portions were generous without being ridiculous. My wife and I split an order of he baked oysters as a appetizer and they were similar flavor to grilled oysters, but maintaining the oysters' natural texture - wonderful! The activity in the dining room was just the way I like it in a restaurant - loud enough that each table was insured a private conversation, but only required normal speaking volume to be heard. We will definitely be going back and will make it one of he places to bring out-of-town guests to give them a nice "Lake Pontchartrain" experience.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014We celecbrated a birthday with dinner here. We had requested a nice table and were granted a table in a two table segragated corner, nice and private. Nice choice of drinks and wine list had a nice range of prices. Food was very good. We were a little disappointed with the Calamari appetizer, but the scallop entree was very nice. Desert and port to round off and we were very happy. Recommended to anyone looking for a quiter restaurant with an artistic flourish to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JubileeguddyboDined on 1/4/2014Great food and experience. Great quality and value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveEarlDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed the food there and the service was good. The blue crab soup was delicious along with the fish entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerChuckDined on 12/27/2013We celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at Jubilee. We had an excellent experience seated in a private dinning space, outstanding food and choices on the menu, and highest quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday LuncheonarleenDined on 12/20/2013Dining experience at Jubilee was terrible. The food was less than favorable...poorly prepared and ordinary. Server was inattentive and inexperienced.
- Great food!Mac5Dined on 12/14/2013Had a wonderful anniversary dinner! Blue crab and cauliflower soup delicious :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and willing to try moreFoodfortheSoul22VIPDined on 11/8/2013We started with the chicken and andouille gumbo, moved into Caesar salads, and finished the evening with Crispy Fish Pontchartrain and the fish of the day special. All dishes were prepared well and had nice presentation. Looking for a little more flavor in each dish to take it to the next level. Will definitely return to give their sea scallops and steak a try in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBellaDined on 10/12/2013The food was very good. My only complaint is that it was a bit pricey. Might want to save this place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food Very GoodEileenDined on 10/1/2013Food presentation was outstanding, you just to look at it before you ate it. Food was very good except for the Panna Cotta dessert, which had way too much gelatin. The Panna Cotta we are use to has always been silky and creamy. Servicer wanted our feedback after each course and since we were not satisfied with our dessert, we were not charged for it. Great way to get people to return. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not get water refillschadVIPDined on 9/20/2013Could not get water refills and would have ordered more drinks but waitress never asked. Also, went for lunch and food takes entirely to long to come out for sandwiches. Will not make it if they do not fix these problems.