Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard
301 Lafitte Street
Mandeville, LA 70448Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jubileerestaurantcourtyard.com/
- Phone: 985-778-2552x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
VENUE AVAILABLE for PRIVATE PARTIES AND CATERING
Wine dinners, business luncheons, holiday parties, private parties, off-site catering
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Tory Stewart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On and off-site catering available. Let us put our years of experience catering special events to work for YOUR special event. Choose from our preset event menus, or let Chef Tory create a custom menu designed specifically for your needs.
- Special Events: Jubilee Supper Club - Join us for a monthly culinary tribute to a different country/cuisine each month! Four-course prix fixe dinner complete with sommelier-selected wine pairings. Menus and pricing subject to change monthly. May 28: "A Taste of Italy" $75.00 inclusive of tax and gratuity. By reservation only! Credit card information required to hold reservation. Reservations taken until Monday, May 26, 2014.
A word from Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard
Contemporary Louisiana cuisine served in an upscale casual environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard - Best Restaurants in Mandeville ›
Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (14)fit for foodies (11)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Birthday BrunchTigerettaDined on 8/3/2014We had a table of 7 for Brunch on Sunday and had a wonderful dining experience. The food was delicious and everyone was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience.JiKaDined on 7/29/2014We had the redfish with crabmeat dressing. It was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWCraneVIPDined on 7/26/2014Certainly in the running for the best dining on the Northshore. Excellent!!!Special Features:
- Got stood upOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014Unfortunately I have had to rate this place poorly because this place stood me up. I had a booked reservation but instead of keeping this they chose to allow the kitchen staff to go home and closed up.
- Exception FoodFoodie427Dined on 7/12/2014My new favorite restaurant. I had the 16 oz. Veal Chop and it was delicious!! For the level of food, the servers were not up to it. They need training and polish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceSchnoogiesmomDined on 7/10/2014We had dinner there tonight for the first time. The restaurant itself is very quaint and although we sat inside, the outside patio looks really nice for cooler days. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. I think it is as good or better than most of the best restaurants in New Orleans. My only concern is how few people were in there dining. We were one of only four tables. Please try Jubilee if you are on the Northshore. I don't think you will be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014Have been for both lunch and dinner. Superb in every way. No room for improvement. Will return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Diningluv2dineDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and service. Couldn't have been better. The ambiance is wonderful and quite elegant.Will be back very soon.Special Features:
- WarrenDDined on 6/15/2014We went here for the first time for a Sunday brunch on Father's Day. The meal was very good and the selections also. The wines were fine and the bar is a notable improvement over the predecessor restaurant at this location, Juniper.Special Features:
- What a nice experience!KatieVIPDined on 6/5/2014It was so nice to have such a great dining experience at Jubilee in Mandeville. We drove from Baton Rouge after reading an article on Jubilee in a local magazine, Country Roads. Our lunch was wonderful! We sampled Shrimp & Cauliflower Bisque, Salad with Peaches & Bleu Cheese, Louisiana Hot Brown, Shrimp & Pasta and Fish & Chips. We finished off the meal with a fruit torte. It was all delicious and the presentation was super! We would definitely make the trip back to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judyfoodieDined on 5/31/2014A delightful evening and delicious meal. We are so glad to have you on our side of the lake and wish you much successSpecial Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the Jubilee Restaurant and Courtyard reviews archive.
- Dining ExcellenceBsquaredDined on 5/22/2014The chef is creative but not eclectic. Excellent appetizers and entrees. The fish dishes are among the finest anywhere. Nice setting and competent staff.Special Features:
- Too much foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014We found the food quite good, The main complaint was that it was just too much food, The salads w/a cup of soup would have been enough for a dinner. The entrees were overwhelming. Why not cut your portions in half? It would truly be more appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grreat FoodJohnWDined on 5/11/2014Food was great. Service was great. It was a bit noisy, but it was also Mother's Day. Prking can be tight on Sundays until the church acorss the street lets out.Special Features:
- Great foodMikeDined on 4/25/2014Great food, service, and reasonable prices.........................,................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnWDined on 4/20/2014I had the lamb and it was very good. My wife had the Easter Sunday special, and she throughly enjoyed it. Overall, it was a very plesant Easter Sunday brunch. We have already made reservations for Mothers' Day brunch.Special Features:
- Special place for a birthdaySusanDined on 4/15/2014We went on a Tuesday evening and although it was practically empty, wecfeltvwe were important guests. The food was delicious and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our neighbor recommended thisDonalddDined on 4/4/2014Our neighbor recommended this place to us. Food and service were excellent, will returnSpecial Features:
- DATE NIGHTRip1dineDined on 3/22/2014My wife and I had a great time out and did enjoy Jubilee Rest. Few of the things on the menue were not available which was a surprise. Overall it was nice and we will be back in the near future if they are still open for buisness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite there but on the wayGranEDined on 2/26/2014This was our second visit to Jubilee, once in Oct and then in Feb. Some of the dishes were fine and others were a bit lacking. The service was excellent. The ambiance is attractive and quiet-a novelty in today's hard surface venues. Our feeling was that the chef was trying a bit too hard to push the envelope.Special Features:
- ValentinesDlmlDined on 2/14/2014A special place for a romantic dinner or other special occasion. Excellent food and service. Low noise, friendly staff, and not too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchStarvingArtistDined on 2/13/2014Great spot for a ladies lunch. Beautiful, quiet, light and cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014My wife and I loved our time spent here. Great staff, great food, great ambience...what else could you ask for? A little on the pricey side, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a very good restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014This is a very good restaurant. Modest wine list with very good wines, unpretentious. Service is very good, attentive. Very nice Northshore option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, the food and atmospherePelicangliderDined on 1/18/2014Overall, the food and atmosphere were very good. It fits in well with the feel of Old Mandeville neighborhood. Everyone at our table ordered fish dishes which were all delicious and portions were generous without being ridiculous. My wife and I split an order of he baked oysters as a appetizer and they were similar flavor to grilled oysters, but maintaining the oysters' natural texture - wonderful! The activity in the dining room was just the way I like it in a restaurant - loud enough that each table was insured a private conversation, but only required normal speaking volume to be heard. We will definitely be going back and will make it one of he places to bring out-of-town guests to give them a nice "Lake Pontchartrain" experience.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014We celecbrated a birthday with dinner here. We had requested a nice table and were granted a table in a two table segragated corner, nice and private. Nice choice of drinks and wine list had a nice range of prices. Food was very good. We were a little disappointed with the Calamari appetizer, but the scallop entree was very nice. Desert and port to round off and we were very happy. Recommended to anyone looking for a quiter restaurant with an artistic flourish to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JubileeguddyboDined on 1/4/2014Great food and experience. Great quality and value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveEarlDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed the food there and the service was good. The blue crab soup was delicious along with the fish entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerChuckDined on 12/27/2013We celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at Jubilee. We had an excellent experience seated in a private dinning space, outstanding food and choices on the menu, and highest quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday LuncheonarleenDined on 12/20/2013Dining experience at Jubilee was terrible. The food was less than favorable...poorly prepared and ordinary. Server was inattentive and inexperienced.
- Great food!Mac5Dined on 12/14/2013Had a wonderful anniversary dinner! Blue crab and cauliflower soup delicious :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and willing to try moreFoodfortheSoul22VIPDined on 11/8/2013We started with the chicken and andouille gumbo, moved into Caesar salads, and finished the evening with Crispy Fish Pontchartrain and the fish of the day special. All dishes were prepared well and had nice presentation. Looking for a little more flavor in each dish to take it to the next level. Will definitely return to give their sea scallops and steak a try in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBellaDined on 10/12/2013The food was very good. My only complaint is that it was a bit pricey. Might want to save this place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food Very GoodEileenDined on 10/1/2013Food presentation was outstanding, you just to look at it before you ate it. Food was very good except for the Panna Cotta dessert, which had way too much gelatin. The Panna Cotta we are use to has always been silky and creamy. Servicer wanted our feedback after each course and since we were not satisfied with our dessert, we were not charged for it. Great way to get people to return. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not get water refillschadVIPDined on 9/20/2013Could not get water refills and would have ordered more drinks but waitress never asked. Also, went for lunch and food takes entirely to long to come out for sandwiches. Will not make it if they do not fix these problems.
- Jubilee rises like the PhoenixOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2013Located in the old Juniper Restaurant in old Mandeville, Jubilee doesn't share much more than location with the prior establishment. The dining rooms have gotten a refresher and are more attractive. Seems like Jubilee managed to get a few more tables in the same space without making it feel crowded. The patio is completely refurbished and is very nice - or so it will be in the cooler months. The wait staff is very attentive and well coordinated. The atmosphere is solidly old New Orleans, which means it can be noisy when there is a crowd. The jazz playing quietly in the background sets a very familiar scene. The food is very good with hints at exceptional possibilities. A gem in old Mandeville, Jubilee is not to be taken for granted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in MandevilleGleaterDined on 9/7/2013The restaurant has undergone extensive renovations and is light, comfortable and welcoming. The food was extraordinary - fresh ingredients and skilled preparation. Jubilee is in line with La Provence, close to home and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May Be A KeeperBarristerDined on 8/8/2013Just opened and nicely remodeled. Ambitious menu with very fresh products. Wine list small but a hunt yielded a Tavel rose at a fair price. More upscale touches needed at this price level like white table clothes, original art on the walls and more attention to discreet down lighting on tables. More training needed of staff - e.g. clear table once all guests are finished with that course. The chef seems comfortable with the dishes and presentation is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good new restaurant!LeftyMHVIPDined on 8/3/2013Restaurant is in an old house that is quaint and attractive. Food was very good and we found out that the Chef is from Broussards of New Orleans fame. No wonder the food was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting the kinks out...nooneVIPDined on 8/3/2013Jubilee just opened the night before we went. The menu is interesting and has a broad range of dishes, and all the dishes we had were very good, and will probably get even better over time. The staff are attentive, but they're feeling their way at the moment. They're not quite comfortable with the routine yet - but all that should disappear with more time. One problem that needs attention is that the handsome wooden tables have no tablecloths or placemats - so where do you put that knife you just used? I tried the plate, but the odd design meant it kept falling off. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and the dinner was very good - we look forward to returning when the kinks are worked out and everyone has settled into more of a routine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.