Jubilee 1st Avenue
948 First Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Jubilee 1st Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jubileeny.net/
- Phone: 212 888-3569x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays 12:00 pm to 3 pm
Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 12l00 pm to 3 pm
Dinner 7 days a week:
Monday & Sunday 5:30 pm to 10 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm
Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: $28 TWO COURSE MENU, Monday to Friday
INCLUDES A GLASS OF WINE OR BEER
PRIX FIXE MENU INCLUDES Endive Salad with Blue Cheese, Apples, Walnuts and Vinaigrette Maison, Mussels Any Style from our Mussel Menu
With French Fries or Salad, Broiled Salmon with Ratatouille & a Black Olive Sauce, Kobe Beef Burger with French Fries & Salad, Chicken Paillard With Sherry Tomatoes & Arugula Salad
OR CHOOSE FROM OUR A LA CARTE MENU
- Cross Street: 52nd and 53rd street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: PARKING
$12 for 3hours Parking for our guests at CENTRAL PARKING SYSTEM
which is conveniently located 425 East & 53rd street between First Avenue & Sutton Place present your parking ticket to us for validation sticker .
To receive discount, validation ticket must be presented to parking garage cashier at time of check out
A word from Jubilee 1st Avenue
Sutton Place's favorite kitchen for the past 19 years, Jubilee brings elegance to casual dining in a quaint and vibrant atmosphere. Famous for serving a delicious variety of mussels. OUR SPECIALS ARE POSTED DAILY ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. Other specialties include Striped bass, Dover Sole Meuniere, Sea Scallops, Steak Frites,Tuna, Salmon and Steak Tartare, and French cuisine essentials such as steak tartare, escargots and profiteroles. HAPPY HOUR Specials Every Day from 5 to 6:30 PM and from 9PM to Closing. Open for BRUNCH on Saturday & Sunday. $28 LUNCH AND PRE THEATER 2 COURSE PRIX MENU Monday thru Friday, INCLUDES ONE GLASS OF WINE OR BEER. Available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jubilee 1st Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (34)romantic (27)special occasion (21)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (18)good for groups (11)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Usually SpectacularBuongustaioDined on 10/20/2014Usually, the offerings are spectacular down to the very last bite. Three of us had dinner Monday night: Calamari, mouth-watering, tender. Could hear Oliver's plea in the back of my head "Please, sir, I want some more. "Cassoulet, four stars; Chicken and mashed, great for a comfort dish; moules marinère, usually spectacular, but that evening, gritty (kitchen, please soak out the sand longer, as you usually do) and a little "gamey" as opposed to fresh. Dessert: Grand Marnier mousse sent us to heaven. Their wine list is excellent. Come and be pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsbhbelleVIPDined on 10/13/2014First impression was good. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who didn't mind that we preferred a different table than the one first offered to us. Our food - Dover Sole for my husband and Rack of Lamb for me - was delicious, as were the side dishes. Our server was friendly and efficient. Although on the expensive side, especially the wine list, it is a delightful place to celebrate a special occasion. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Coming Back in DecemberRowrowrowboatDined on 10/11/2014We had such a good time that we are booking for an important family gathering prior to a wedding: bride's dad to meet groom's mom and extended family. We could not be happier with the service nor the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Jubilee.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014A really nice place in the hood. Food, service, atmosphere all good. My only diasppointment is they have substituted fois gras for their former chicken liver pate which is not to my liking and very expensive - $18.50 for three small slices.Special Features:
- Mussels 3 Ways & Chocolate SouffleTeacherOnVacationDined on 10/11/2014Excellent quaint spot with a fun assortment of mussel preparations, decent wine list and tremendous chocolate soufflé. A little noisy and packed, but it carries the atmosphere of a crowded french bistro capable of authentic french cuisine. The staff was friendly and the food of good value.Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantAbboDined on 10/11/2014Very good fresh fish and salads. Very attentive and pleasant service from AhmedSpecial Features:
- FairCriticDined on 10/10/2014Food and service were terrific and cost reasonable for NYC. This is a place that can be a regular for locals and visitors when you want good food with no hassle. There was no attitude about sharing appetizers/entrees.Special Features:
- Good but ExpensivebrklynDined on 10/8/2014Nice neighborhood French Restaurant...escargot wonderful...however it is pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood spotSp213Dined on 10/1/2014Comfortable tables - good for conversation. Wine list limited and overpriced, but corkage permitted at $20/ bottle . food very good and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaydinnerSwedishvisitorDined on 9/30/2014A perfect place for a birthdaydinner (60 year) in NY. Good service and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant EveningAbboDined on 9/30/2014Nice table in the back room. Very good soup, meat, and fish. Service, by our waiter Marcello, was very professional and accommodating.Special Features:
- Jubilee Remains very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Had dinner this past weekend and as usual Jubilee was very good. Food offered some new selections which is always good, service was very good and a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantloveditVIPDined on 9/19/2014Jubillee has the best Mussels in town, we shared it as our appetizer. The Skate fish, which was a special, was excellent. My friend said her glass of wine tasted watered down, they replaced it. This is my favorite neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:
- SuperbOverpricedDined on 9/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service, the ambiance. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a friendly person who brought us to our table. We were served immediately for drinks and told about the specials. All four of us were pleased with our meal and will return soon. The decor is charming and inviting. Well done.Special Features:
- Always outstanding!!fortlauderdalefoodyVIPDined on 9/15/2014This is the first time I have been to the new location and I am so relieved that everything that makes Jubilee sp[ecial is still there!!! It is superb! The food is excellent, the service excellent and I love the ambiance!!Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperiencexxxxVIPDined on 9/14/2014Having dined at this restaurant for years, imagine my chagrin when I had the first bad meal ever. The mussels were tiny and served without a small shellfish fork. By the time the waiter (who was called to bring the utensil) came back, the food was cold. So for this meal I will not fill in the recommendation section.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/6/2014The mussels didn't seem as good to me this time as they usually do.Special Features:
- $14 Dewar'sNot2pickyDined on 8/29/2014Mostly a pleasant experience after they turned down the a/c a bit. The food was excellent as was the service. Soufflé was undercooked but was returned nicely finished and was delicious. I would certainly return but will have my Scotch elsewhere.Special Features:
- Music Too LoudLoudMusicDined on 8/22/2014I've eaten here many times, especially since they moved right across the street from me, and always have a good experience. Such was the case Friday evening (August 19), EXCEPT that for the first time the music (inoffensive jazz) was MUCH TOO LOUD. This has never been my experience before with Jubilee, either at their previous location or the present one. Actually, this is the case in most restaurants, but until last week Jubilee did not offend. You can tell most restaurants to turn their music way down, unless they are catering to rock-deaf teenagers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenientneighborVIPDined on 8/12/2014nice for a hamburger lunch if you want something more than McDonaldsSpecial Features:
- consistently good...54thfoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Have enjoyed Jubilee since the early nineties on 54th and at the new location on 1st. Miss the charm of the original but the food is as good as ever and we have never been disappointed in over 30+ visits...Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was really delicious. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and we will return on our next visit to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barely Passable for French FareJohnLDined on 8/7/2014We don't go as much as when the restaurant was at it's original location. The new place, although nicely decorated. just doesn't match up. We decided to go again as it is very near to our home and conveninent to say the least. We ordered the mussels which generally are always good. This time they were "fair". Our main course was the pork chop for myself and the duck for my guest. Neither of these were worth mentioning. The duck was minimal and tough and not up to par for French style cooking. My pork chop was decent but the flavor was bland. Maybe it was an off night but we had a similar experience prior and prior to that. Maybe others go there to drink and socialize and the food is secondary but we feel the food must be first!Special Features:
- Nice EveningAbboDined on 8/5/2014The five of us came after Night Out After Crime. We were able to relax, have a drink and nice dinner. Luke, the host, made us feel very comfortable.Special Features:
- smokeyDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful as ususal! Have been going to Jubilee many years. The food is always fresh and consistently wonderful....a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerAbboDined on 7/25/2014Good food! Our waiter, Marcello, was excellent. The host, Luke, was personable and accommodating.Special Features:
- Mussels first!TangoerDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is consistently good. Mussels, fries and oh the grand marnier soufflé ...Special Features:
- it was nice neighborhood restaurantTakamiDined on 7/24/2014I loved ambience. most food was good, but our expectation was too high on food. So some disapointment, but over all very good.Special Features:
- EsmeraldaVIPDined on 7/17/2014I like the friendly neighborhood ambience created by the attentive management. The food is creative, fresh and well prepared. The menu offers a wide choice of creative appetizers and entrees. The wine list is french dominated and fairly priced. I have returned often as Jubilee is the best choice in a neighborhood starving for good food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine charming French/Belgian bistroDRDPDined on 7/11/2014Although the new location is not quite as appealing as the old, the food and service remain excellent. The mussels are great and the monkfish is among the very best.Special Features:
- What I had was greatProfiterolejunkieDined on 7/11/2014Definitely would suggest having the fish soup. The profiteroles the best I ever had! Just divine. Restaurant recommended to me. I will definitely recommend restaurant to my friends and family. I cannot wait to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner July 5thLauraVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had a lovely dinner at Jubilee Saturday night. With neighborhood folks out of town on a summer weekend we had no trouble getting in at the last minute. My husband had a delicious steak au poivre and i had soft shell crabs - two little ones - disappointing for the price tag, and a little bland as well. Great service; good acoustics for people who like to relax and talk over a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heleDined on 7/2/2014jubilee is always good and inviting, we enjoy goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmilesAbandonedVIPDined on 7/1/2014More SMILES everyone...your guests want to feel wel-come! Food was very good, thanks!Special Features:
- musselsCrinkVIPDined on 6/28/2014You can get a reasonably priced meal here for two by ordering mussels and salad for one person, mussels and fries for the other, and then sharing the salad and fries. There is a wide selection of preparations for the mussels, but they have taken the Calvados and pancetta recipe off the menu. I thought that preparation was the best.Special Features:
- The following 489 reviews are from the Jubilee 1st Avenue reviews archive.
- TadekDined on 6/22/2014One of the best restaurants in the neighborhood, especially excellent for its mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestPapapatVIPDined on 6/17/2014This was our sixth time there and it never fails to live up to a very high standard My wife and others in our party all raved about the scallops as the best they've had anywhere. My rack of lamb was done just right. We have friends who have never been there so next week we get to enjoy it once again.Special Features:
- Superb!LeMarechalNeyDined on 6/14/2014Dinner at Jubilee was a wonderful surprise. Surprise, because one seldom finds turbot, albeit served as a "special", on NYC restaurant menus. Wonderful, because the whole dish was so well-conceived and so perfectly executed. The mixed green vegetables were balanced with proper attention to complimentary flavor and texture. In addition to the turbot, my wife and I both started with seared duck foie gras, again perfectly cooked, accompanied by tiny fresh figs and a delicious vinegar reduction, black current sauce, tangy, fruity and not sweet, thankfully. Nous sommes tres contents!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014Jublie is very consistant, think wine list could be expanded to offer some special wines by the glass on a weekly basis. We have never had a poor meal thereSpecial Features:
- Still tops in my book, is it yours?MouleDined on 6/10/2014Love their food still and the visit brings forward fond memories of their original establishment which was magical. This shop seats more diners in a cheery atmosphere, but does not make me feel I am in Paris as the 54th Street address did. We will return! Nice all around overall. We send lots of people there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.