Jubilee 1st Avenue
948 First Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Jubilee 1st Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jubileeny.net/
- Phone: 212 888-3569x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays 12:00 pm to 3 pm
Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 12l00 pm to 3 pm
Dinner 7 days a week:
Monday & Sunday 5:30 pm to 10 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm
Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: $28 TWO COURSE MENU, Monday to Friday
INCLUDES A GLASS OF WINE OR BEER
PRIX FIXE MENU INCLUDES Endive Salad with Blue Cheese, Apples, Walnuts and Vinaigrette Maison, Mussels Any Style from our Mussel Menu
With French Fries or Salad, Broiled Salmon with Ratatouille & a Black Olive Sauce, Kobe Beef Burger with French Fries & Salad, Chicken Paillard With Sherry Tomatoes & Arugula Salad
OR CHOOSE FROM OUR A LA CARTE MENU
- Cross Street: 52nd and 53rd street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: PARKING
$12 for 3hours Parking for our guests at CENTRAL PARKING SYSTEM
which is conveniently located 425 East & 53rd street between First Avenue & Sutton Place present your parking ticket to us for validation sticker .
To receive discount, validation ticket must be presented to parking garage cashier at time of check out
A word from Jubilee 1st Avenue
Sutton Place's favorite kitchen for the past 19 years, Jubilee brings elegance to casual dining in a quaint and vibrant atmosphere. Famous for serving a delicious variety of mussels. OUR SPECIALS ARE POSTED DAILY ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. Other specialties include Striped bass, Dover Sole Meuniere, Sea Scallops, Steak Frites,Tuna, Salmon and Steak Tartare, and French cuisine essentials such as steak tartare, escargots and profiteroles. HAPPY HOUR Specials Every Day from 5 to 6:30 PM and from 9PM to Closing. Open for BRUNCH on Saturday & Sunday. $28 LUNCH AND PRE THEATER 2 COURSE PRIX MENU Monday thru Friday, INCLUDES ONE GLASS OF WINE OR BEER. Available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jubilee 1st Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (107)fit for foodies (38)romantic (34)great for brunch (33)special occasion (29)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (14)good for groups (10)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Music Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014I've eaten here many times, especially since they moved right across the street from me, and always have a good experience. Such was the case Friday evening (August 19), EXCEPT that for the first time the music (inoffensive jazz) was MUCH TOO LOUD. This has never been my experience before with Jubilee, either at their previous location or the present one. Actually, this is the case in most restaurants, but until last week Jubilee did not offend. You can tell most restaurants to turn their music way down, unless they are catering to rock-deaf teenagers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenientneighborVIPDined on 8/12/2014nice for a hamburger lunch if you want something more than McDonaldsSpecial Features:
- consistently good...54thfoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Have enjoyed Jubilee since the early nineties on 54th and at the new location on 1st. Miss the charm of the original but the food is as good as ever and we have never been disappointed in over 30+ visits...Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was really delicious. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and we will return on our next visit to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barely Passable for French FareJohnLDined on 8/7/2014We don't go as much as when the restaurant was at it's original location. The new place, although nicely decorated. just doesn't match up. We decided to go again as it is very near to our home and conveninent to say the least. We ordered the mussels which generally are always good. This time they were "fair". Our main course was the pork chop for myself and the duck for my guest. Neither of these were worth mentioning. The duck was minimal and tough and not up to par for French style cooking. My pork chop was decent but the flavor was bland. Maybe it was an off night but we had a similar experience prior and prior to that. Maybe others go there to drink and socialize and the food is secondary but we feel the food must be first!Special Features:
- Nice EveningAbboDined on 8/5/2014The five of us came after Night Out After Crime. We were able to relax, have a drink and nice dinner. Luke, the host, made us feel very comfortable.Special Features:
- smokeyDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful as ususal! Have been going to Jubilee many years. The food is always fresh and consistently wonderful....a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerAbboDined on 7/25/2014Good food! Our waiter, Marcello, was excellent. The host, Luke, was personable and accommodating.Special Features:
- Mussels first!TangoerDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is consistently good. Mussels, fries and oh the grand marnier soufflé ...Special Features:
- it was nice neighborhood restaurantTakamiDined on 7/24/2014I loved ambience. most food was good, but our expectation was too high on food. So some disapointment, but over all very good.Special Features:
- EsmeraldaVIPDined on 7/17/2014I like the friendly neighborhood ambience created by the attentive management. The food is creative, fresh and well prepared. The menu offers a wide choice of creative appetizers and entrees. The wine list is french dominated and fairly priced. I have returned often as Jubilee is the best choice in a neighborhood starving for good food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine charming French/Belgian bistroDRDPDined on 7/11/2014Although the new location is not quite as appealing as the old, the food and service remain excellent. The mussels are great and the monkfish is among the very best.Special Features:
- What I had was greatProfiterolejunkieDined on 7/11/2014Definitely would suggest having the fish soup. The profiteroles the best I ever had! Just divine. Restaurant recommended to me. I will definitely recommend restaurant to my friends and family. I cannot wait to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner July 5thLauraVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had a lovely dinner at Jubilee Saturday night. With neighborhood folks out of town on a summer weekend we had no trouble getting in at the last minute. My husband had a delicious steak au poivre and i had soft shell crabs - two little ones - disappointing for the price tag, and a little bland as well. Great service; good acoustics for people who like to relax and talk over a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heleDined on 7/2/2014jubilee is always good and inviting, we enjoy goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmilesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014More SMILES everyone...your guests want to feel wel-come! Food was very good, thanks!Special Features:
- musselsCrinkVIPDined on 6/28/2014You can get a reasonably priced meal here for two by ordering mussels and salad for one person, mussels and fries for the other, and then sharing the salad and fries. There is a wide selection of preparations for the mussels, but they have taken the Calvados and pancetta recipe off the menu. I thought that preparation was the best.Special Features:
- TadekDined on 6/22/2014One of the best restaurants in the neighborhood, especially excellent for its mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestPapapatVIPDined on 6/17/2014This was our sixth time there and it never fails to live up to a very high standard My wife and others in our party all raved about the scallops as the best they've had anywhere. My rack of lamb was done just right. We have friends who have never been there so next week we get to enjoy it once again.Special Features:
- Superb!LeMarechalNeyDined on 6/14/2014Dinner at Jubilee was a wonderful surprise. Surprise, because one seldom finds turbot, albeit served as a "special", on NYC restaurant menus. Wonderful, because the whole dish was so well-conceived and so perfectly executed. The mixed green vegetables were balanced with proper attention to complimentary flavor and texture. In addition to the turbot, my wife and I both started with seared duck foie gras, again perfectly cooked, accompanied by tiny fresh figs and a delicious vinegar reduction, black current sauce, tangy, fruity and not sweet, thankfully. Nous sommes tres contents!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014Jublie is very consistant, think wine list could be expanded to offer some special wines by the glass on a weekly basis. We have never had a poor meal thereSpecial Features:
- Still tops in my book, is it yours?MouleDined on 6/10/2014Love their food still and the visit brings forward fond memories of their original establishment which was magical. This shop seats more diners in a cheery atmosphere, but does not make me feel I am in Paris as the 54th Street address did. We will return! Nice all around overall. We send lots of people there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableIdocVIPDined on 6/9/2014Flavorful food at affordable prices. Enjoy coming here on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Great BrunchMikeVIPDined on 6/8/2014I have been to Jubilee many times for dinner and always enjoyed it. This was my first time for a Sunday brunch and the same wonderful food and service are evident.Special Features:
- LeahVIPDined on 6/7/2014We love our neighbourhood restaurant because it always provides excellent food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A constantBabaDined on 6/5/2014Jubilee is long outstanding wonderful restaurant. The food and service are great. And now with it's new larger and beautifully appointed location,which is still in the same neighborhood, it's a total winner. Book a reservation because it's always full.Special Features:
- Great place for musselshenrischDined on 6/3/2014Love the mussels! Jubilee is a wonderful place to have a conversation with friends - the food is excellent and the noise level is very low, so you can actually hear each other (a rarity in New York!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place really good foodNickDined on 6/1/2014It was nice experience food was excellent waiters are polite and prompt great restaurant to celebrate special occasions and simply to spend timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Bonne Brunchwriter100VIPDined on 6/1/2014Bottomless Bloody Marys are just the prelude to an array of brunch choices, most with those wonderful fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableGrannyPantsDined on 5/31/2014The menu has first class food with inventive and delicious combinations. The service is always outstanding and it's reasonably priced. Well worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for the senior crowdToughFoodCriticDined on 5/31/2014Food was good as was the service. We had oysters on the half shell which were excellent as were the soft shell crabs. bouillabaisse and escargot were good but nothing to rave about. We went on a Saturday evening at 8 and the crowd was more hip replacement vs. hip, the average age of people in dining room was at least 65, maybe the cater to the Sutton Place crowd. In any case go for the food not the ambiance unless of course you are a senior in which case this is right up your alley!Special Features:
- Wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2014We celebrated our anniversary and enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2014Our favorite place for escargot, mussels and frites! Love the variety of mussels - I think we've tried all at this point and they are all delicious. If you like escargot, they are really good here - lots of butter, parsley and garlic...yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itgusoctelDined on 5/24/2014Great food great service would come again and again. Mussels and steak tartare fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingmrsoVIPDined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed another delicious meal at Jubilee. It's our "go to" spot for wonderful French food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty local spot. Love Jubilee!BocaFoodiesVIPDined on 5/23/2014Always consistent neighborhood gem. Jubilee is our go to spot for great French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, wonderfulsaz46Dined on 5/23/2014My neighborhood favorite... Delightful atmosphere...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/20/2014We started withe escargot, which was wonderful. For our main course, we both had the coq au vin, which was tasty but a little dry. The sautéed spinach side dish was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2014The fans in the back room make it a little chilly and windy (ari blowing on your head). I realize that that room can get stuffy, but perhaps putting the fans at a lower speed would avoid the problem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining experience!MarkNHDined on 5/15/2014Did reservation on line, super easy! Requested and earlier time than the on line reservation allowed. Got a very nice phone call and request was accommodated ! Had 5 of us..waitstaff was excellent, place was busy but not noisy. Appeared to be a knowledgable crowd. Had escargot and also shrimp with avocado appetizers . Entrees ordered were duck breast , scallops, salmon and monkfish special. All delicious. Desserts were apple tart, chocolate lava cake, lemon tort and raspberry gratin. All excellent also! Would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.