Jubilee 1st Avenue
948 First Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Jubilee 1st Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jubileeny.net/
- Phone: (212) 888-3569
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays 12:00 pm to 3 pm
Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 12l00 pm to 3 pm
Dinner 7 days a week:
Monday & Sunday 5:30 pm to 10 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm
Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: $28 TWO COURSE MENU, Monday to Friday
INCLUDES A GLASS OF WINE OR BEER
PRIX FIXE MENU INCLUDES Endive Salad with Blue Cheese, Apples, Walnuts and Vinaigrette Maison, Mussels Any Style from our Mussel Menu
With French Fries or Salad, Broiled Salmon with Ratatouille & a Black Olive Sauce, Kobe Beef Burger with French Fries & Salad, Chicken Paillard With Sherry Tomatoes & Arugula Salad
OR CHOOSE FROM OUR A LA CARTE MENU
- Cross Street: 52nd and 53rd street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: PARKING
$12 for 3hours Parking for our guests at CENTRAL PARKING SYSTEM
which is conveniently located 425 East & 53rd street between First Avenue & Sutton Place present your parking ticket to us for validation sticker .
To receive discount, validation ticket must be presented to parking garage cashier at time of check out
A word from Jubilee 1st Avenue
Sutton Place's favorite kitchen for the past 19 years, Jubilee brings elegance to casual dining in a quaint and vibrant atmosphere. Famous for serving a delicious variety of mussels. OUR SPECIALS ARE POSTED DAILY ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. Other specialties include Striped bass, Dover Sole Meuniere, Sea Scallops, Steak Frites,Tuna, Salmon and Steak Tartare, and French cuisine essentials such as steak tartare, escargots and profiteroles. HAPPY HOUR Specials Every Day from 5 to 6:30 PM and from 9PM to Closing. Open for BRUNCH on Saturday & Sunday. $28 LUNCH AND PRE THEATER 2 COURSE PRIX MENU Monday thru Friday, INCLUDES ONE GLASS OF WINE OR BEER. Available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jubilee 1st Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (26)romantic (23)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (17)good for groups (13)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Neighborhood FavoritePeterDined on 11/18/2014Whether for business or pleasure, Jubilee provides a dining experience worthy of it's name. It is a celebration of fine French food and delightful continental service. She is our neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!mothergothamDined on 11/17/2014The space is warm and charming. We enjoyed sharing a plate of mussels they serve on the half shell as an appetizer. Entrees were very nicely prepared and presented. The sea scallops on a bed of orzo and their coq au vin were hits. We ended with Grand Marnier soufflés. A delightful dinner all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Having brunch at Jubilee is a treat. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50s East RefugebearelanVIPDined on 11/15/2014there are surprisingly few good neighborhood restaurants in the East 50th. This is one. Good food and service. Recommend>Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy still!JulieDined on 11/15/2014As a DC native we don't get to NYC very often but when we do we love to go to Jubilee. Food was amazing, the restaurant is welcoming and cozy and the staff is great. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraVIPDined on 11/15/2014Absolutely my favorite neighborhood restaurant except for PerigoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just so sopatgVIPDined on 11/11/2014The food wasn't as good as it should have been at this price point...front of the house very good...the food disappointed, waiters good. We wanted to find a French neighborhood place that we could always fall back on, but it won't be here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 11/8/2014My two friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the whole experience at Jubilee. I like this venue more than when Jubilee was on 54th Street - more room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu for any palateElizabethDined on 11/7/2014I always have mussels and while I vow to choose side of salad, I love the fries, hot, fresh and plentifulSpecial Features:
- Always goodNanceDined on 11/4/2014You can always I depend on Jubilee to deliver a tasty meal. The bistro feel of the restaurant is most welcoming, the service friendly and the food always well seasoned and delicious. If I had to find fault with something, my steak was a bit overlooked, which made it too chewy and tough. The peppercorn sauce saved it, but they need a better quality of beef and need to follow cooking directions a bit better. Otherwise, a most enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerSusdemDined on 11/3/2014Time and time again, Jubilee continues to impress! Whether it is a business dinner or friends catching up, it is a perfect place to gather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussel MemoryStanleymanlyVIPDined on 11/2/2014If you love mussels, this is the place for you. Prepared 15 different ways. There had been a problem on my wife's last visit. Mussels provencal, small, overcooked. A manager sent my wife a card with her name on it and the word mussels and told her to present it on her next visit. She did, but the manager no longer worked there, and the current manager said the best she could do was offer a complimentary glass of wine. The mussels were fine this time, as was my free range chicken breast and a friend's huge bucket of mussels. When the check came, the cost of the glass of Sancerre was not deducted. We questioned the check and the manager authorized the deduction. Food is decent, service fair. I doubt if we will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Went for brunch. Food is good (classic brunch fare well executed). Wine is affordable. Service was adequate. Intimate atmosphere. No music which f=great to have real conversation with your friends and family around the table.Special Features:
- Jubilee plus & minusneighborhoodguestsDined on 10/30/2014The three of us had dinner at Jubilee this week. Remembering ther "old" Jubilee in its former location, we expected good french cooking. That expectation was only partially met. The steak was very good, as was the wine. The mussels did not have much taste, perhaps cooked in too much water, and neither did the quenelles. As if the cook had become afraid to add herbs and spices and fresh onion, leek and garlic in the mussels. The appetizer, the beet and goat cheese salad was a bit bland, too. Jubilee is a pleasant place to have dinner, but needs to jazz up its food to make us come back.
- OysterbayboyDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful food, but not pretentious. Excellent service with pleasant staff. Very good wine list. Good value. We always enjoy going there!Special Features:
- Lovely MealLenoxVIPDined on 10/25/2014delicious main dishes: coq au vin, skate fish with butternut squash and dessserts; profiteroles and apple tart. nice to be in a busy restaurant and still able to hear the converation at your table.Special Features:
- Favorite neighborhood restaurantloveditVIPDined on 10/23/20143 of us took a friend to lunch for her birthday. I was the only one who had been to Jubilee before. We all had delicious food and good wine. We had the fixed price lunch (appetizer and entrée and wine) and added dessert as well. We were never rushed, we stayed for over 3 hours. I have brought others here and recommended it as well, they all enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Usually SpectacularBuongustaioDined on 10/20/2014Usually, the offerings are spectacular down to the very last bite. Three of us had dinner Monday night: Calamari, mouth-watering, tender. Could hear Oliver's plea in the back of my head "Please, sir, I want some more. "Cassoulet, four stars; Chicken and mashed, great for a comfort dish; moules marinère, usually spectacular, but that evening, gritty (kitchen, please soak out the sand longer, as you usually do) and a little "gamey" as opposed to fresh. Dessert: Grand Marnier mousse sent us to heaven. Their wine list is excellent. Come and be pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsbhbelleVIPDined on 10/13/2014First impression was good. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who didn't mind that we preferred a different table than the one first offered to us. Our food - Dover Sole for my husband and Rack of Lamb for me - was delicious, as were the side dishes. Our server was friendly and efficient. Although on the expensive side, especially the wine list, it is a delightful place to celebrate a special occasion. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Coming Back in DecemberRowrowrowboatDined on 10/11/2014We had such a good time that we are booking for an important family gathering prior to a wedding: bride's dad to meet groom's mom and extended family. We could not be happier with the service nor the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Jubilee.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014A really nice place in the hood. Food, service, atmosphere all good. My only diasppointment is they have substituted fois gras for their former chicken liver pate which is not to my liking and very expensive - $18.50 for three small slices.Special Features:
- Mussels 3 Ways & Chocolate SouffleTeacherOnVacationDined on 10/11/2014Excellent quaint spot with a fun assortment of mussel preparations, decent wine list and tremendous chocolate soufflé. A little noisy and packed, but it carries the atmosphere of a crowded french bistro capable of authentic french cuisine. The staff was friendly and the food of good value.Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantAbboDined on 10/11/2014Very good fresh fish and salads. Very attentive and pleasant service from AhmedSpecial Features:
- FairCriticDined on 10/10/2014Food and service were terrific and cost reasonable for NYC. This is a place that can be a regular for locals and visitors when you want good food with no hassle. There was no attitude about sharing appetizers/entrees.Special Features:
- Good but ExpensivebrklynDined on 10/8/2014Nice neighborhood French Restaurant...escargot wonderful...however it is pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood spotSp213Dined on 10/1/2014Comfortable tables - good for conversation. Wine list limited and overpriced, but corkage permitted at $20/ bottle . food very good and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaydinnerSwedishvisitorDined on 9/30/2014A perfect place for a birthdaydinner (60 year) in NY. Good service and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant EveningAbboDined on 9/30/2014Nice table in the back room. Very good soup, meat, and fish. Service, by our waiter Marcello, was very professional and accommodating.Special Features:
- Jubilee Remains very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Had dinner this past weekend and as usual Jubilee was very good. Food offered some new selections which is always good, service was very good and a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantloveditVIPDined on 9/19/2014Jubillee has the best Mussels in town, we shared it as our appetizer. The Skate fish, which was a special, was excellent. My friend said her glass of wine tasted watered down, they replaced it. This is my favorite neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:
- SuperbOverpricedDined on 9/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service, the ambiance. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a friendly person who brought us to our table. We were served immediately for drinks and told about the specials. All four of us were pleased with our meal and will return soon. The decor is charming and inviting. Well done.Special Features:
- Always outstanding!!fortlauderdalefoodyVIPDined on 9/15/2014This is the first time I have been to the new location and I am so relieved that everything that makes Jubilee sp[ecial is still there!!! It is superb! The food is excellent, the service excellent and I love the ambiance!!Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperiencexxxxVIPDined on 9/14/2014Having dined at this restaurant for years, imagine my chagrin when I had the first bad meal ever. The mussels were tiny and served without a small shellfish fork. By the time the waiter (who was called to bring the utensil) came back, the food was cold. So for this meal I will not fill in the recommendation section.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/6/2014The mussels didn't seem as good to me this time as they usually do.Special Features:
- $14 Dewar'sNot2pickyDined on 8/29/2014Mostly a pleasant experience after they turned down the a/c a bit. The food was excellent as was the service. Soufflé was undercooked but was returned nicely finished and was delicious. I would certainly return but will have my Scotch elsewhere.Special Features:
- Music Too LoudLoudMusicDined on 8/22/2014I've eaten here many times, especially since they moved right across the street from me, and always have a good experience. Such was the case Friday evening (August 19), EXCEPT that for the first time the music (inoffensive jazz) was MUCH TOO LOUD. This has never been my experience before with Jubilee, either at their previous location or the present one. Actually, this is the case in most restaurants, but until last week Jubilee did not offend. You can tell most restaurants to turn their music way down, unless they are catering to rock-deaf teenagers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenientneighborVIPDined on 8/12/2014nice for a hamburger lunch if you want something more than McDonaldsSpecial Features:
- consistently good...54thfoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Have enjoyed Jubilee since the early nineties on 54th and at the new location on 1st. Miss the charm of the original but the food is as good as ever and we have never been disappointed in over 30+ visits...Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was really delicious. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and we will return on our next visit to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barely Passable for French FareJohnLDined on 8/7/2014We don't go as much as when the restaurant was at it's original location. The new place, although nicely decorated. just doesn't match up. We decided to go again as it is very near to our home and conveninent to say the least. We ordered the mussels which generally are always good. This time they were "fair". Our main course was the pork chop for myself and the duck for my guest. Neither of these were worth mentioning. The duck was minimal and tough and not up to par for French style cooking. My pork chop was decent but the flavor was bland. Maybe it was an off night but we had a similar experience prior and prior to that. Maybe others go there to drink and socialize and the food is secondary but we feel the food must be first!Special Features: