JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin
2415 Park Ave
Tustin, CA 92782Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jtschmidsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7142580333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin
JT Schmid’s was established in 1997 on a simple premise – to offer a splendid variety of the finest California cuisine and microbrews under one roof. We also wanted to create an atmosphere that was warm & inviting, thus our dedication to craftsmanship is reflected in our comfortable yet lively surroundings. And, because we take pride in our brewing process and delicious food, we have displayed our brewery and kitchen so that you might enjoy watching our Chef and Brew master as they carefully work their magic. It is our sincere hope that our commitment to quality will make us your favorite brewery and premier eatery in Orange County. California Cuisine best describes our diverse menu. We offer cuisine from all corners of the world. The centerpiece of our kitchen is a wood-burning brick oven which generates gourmet pizza and other of the Chef’s creations. Other specialties include Seared Ahi, Sweet Potato Fries, Jambalaya, and Steaks & Seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin - Best Restaurants in Tustin ›
JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (39)good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (29)kid-friendly (13)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Nice group lunchSMIrvineDined on 7/31/2014A nice convenient spot for a work group birthday lunch. Plenty if food options for different tastes and diverse food needs.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner sundae-yes, thanks!Eva0801VIPDined on 7/29/2014This is a great venue for a birthday dinner with a small group of friends that can't hit an overly expensive place but still want a nice dinner - price point for food and atmosphere was right on. My ahi salad was well dressed and sized. Birthday sundae was perfectly sized for sharing (cause who would come on their birthday by themselves). Coupons have helped make it a better deal - and well I love my deals. The waitress was had great timing, good smile and warm charm. I enjoyed the outdoor dining experience.Special Features:
- Food is nothing special. No flavor!JedirabbiVIPDined on 7/25/2014I'm just not going to go back ever! The food is way below average and is bland with no seasoning. Even the tortilla soup was awful. Took 3 spoons and left it. The steak tacos again no flavor, not cooked properly and just yuck. They were so full of juice the tortillas just broke. I've tried this place 3 times and just can't go back.
- Overcooked BurgersPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had the goat cheese burger and the farmhouse burger. Both were ordered medium rare but came out medium well. We didn't say anything since we were hungry. The goat cheese burger was very dry . There didn't appear to be any attempt to melt the cheeses. You pick up the burger and the cheese falls off. The farmhouse burger was much better. The tater tots must be cheaper to serve since you get more than necessary while the onion rings are limited to about five. They were both good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch. Good low key placeLunchBunchDined on 7/17/2014Sat on Patio on a nice day under umbrella. Had a great lunch with client and it was nice an reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was pretty good and the service was decent. the atmosphere was energetic.Special Features:
- Great burgersPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/6/2014Had the Mexican burger and the buffalo burger. Both were excellent. The blue cheese dressing on the salad had chunks of blue cheese in it. That isn't that common anymore as places try to cut costs.Special Features:
- Cigar Smoke on PatioRuthannVIPDined on 7/2/2014There were several cigar smokers sitting on the patio and the smoke inhalation was unbearable. Almost impossible to eat or taste what you are eating with all the smoke. Too noisy to sit inside and would be impossible to have a decent conversation. The food was reasonably good if the air had been clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak sammie, Yum!SssSVIPDined on 6/24/2014Steak sandwich was GREAT! Really good sized portions, too! Our Server, Jennifer was terrific! Overall nice place for lunch.Special Features:
- JT Schmid'stopdogDined on 6/15/2014good place and nice drink list, food is good, and they have a wide variety of selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Special for Father's DayJudgeJudyDined on 6/15/2014There was no brunch menu for Fathers day. I thought that this restaurant had bottomless beers for fathers, but it did not. There was nothing special for Fathers day which surprised me because I was looking for a restaurant just for that purpose. We were seated inside by a door to the patio that kept whistling and blowing in cool air, and this was at 12:30 in the afternoon. The initial service was slow to contact our table. We watched another table be seated after us and their order taken before ours. It was nice but not special that I wanted for Fathers Day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellagioVIPDined on 6/9/2014It's nice to have an upscale casual restaurant within a shopping area so you can both have dinner and do shopping.Special Features:
- Stellar serviceEva0801VIPDined on 6/4/2014Food & ambiance was great. Service was even better. Thanks so much for helping clear up the open table point issues well after I had eaten. I will visit again soon!Special Features:
- dinnerMs25Dined on 6/1/2014as always this place gets an A LOVE THE FOOD AND THE SERVICE IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentPointhoarderVIPDined on 5/26/2014Our go to place in Tustin. Great service, great food and a great beer selection. What more could you ask for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMs25Dined on 5/25/2014Very good food was good service was the best couldn't have asked for anything better.Special Features:
- Good ServicerosesillyVIPDined on 5/16/2014I had a mozzarella salad and the beef tacos off the appy menu section and and my firend had the steak salad off the entree salad section. my food was ok and his looked only slightly better. it would be better if the mozzarella was not so dry. my tacos were not worth it. BUT on the REALLY positive side, I had 2 top shelf Long Island Iced teas and they were amazing though so kudos to bartender.Special Features:
- Mother's Day dinnerMs25Dined on 5/11/2014Outstanding food, great service, always has the best everything was great will keep comming back especially for special occasions Couldn't have asked for a better eveningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 357 reviews are from the JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin reviews archive.
- Great selectionPointhoarderVIPDined on 5/3/2014Our favorite place to eat and drink in Tustin. Great menu options and friendly staff.
- Great but not so greatJustOkDined on 5/2/2014Came to JT's a few weeks ago for a girls night out and had a wonderful time. Food was amazing and service was the best! Decided to take my husband and another couple out and this time was really disappointing. Had to ask for refills on everything. The music in the dining room was so loud, we had to shout to hear one another. The food was just ok. My hamburger bun was dry and the fries were cold. The soda didn't have syrup in in them first time around and the server never even noticed. Will go back, but ask for a different dining room and server.
- Great beer selectionPointhoarderVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great place for a beer after a movie. Efficient staff.Special Features:
- Nice casual dinner spotOski65VIPDined on 4/19/2014Saturday evening before Easter, 6:00 p.m. Very few people there, got seated immediately and greeted promptly by Bailey, our server. Had a couple of the IPA's...nice, not too bitter. Wife had the baby back ribs with sweet potato fries and creamed spinach. I had the blackened shrimp tacos with mango salsa. Both were served quickly, presented nicely, and tasted great. No dessert. Very reasonably priced, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMs25Dined on 4/13/2014As always best in the house never anything disappointing to,say about this place! Wish you guys however would read this you all do great jobs there keep,it going well done bravo!Special Features:
- Great foodPointhoarderVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our favorite place to eat in Tustin. Great service and food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodrosesillyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Service was great; food was good; drinks should have been stronger tbh.Special Features:
- Great team of workersPointhoarderVIPDined on 3/22/2014The staff went out of their way to accommodate my dietary restrictions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissGeekInThePinkDined on 3/21/2014I am in love with the JT Buffalo Wings. There is something about them that is incredibly addictive. Their beers are also amazing. I prefer anything they make over one of the chain brands like bud or coors. Now the negative and the reason for only 3 stars. In addition to the wings and beer we got BBQ chicken breast. The Chicken in the entree was nothing like the white mean goodness in the boneless buffalo wings. Instead it was a pounded thin, flat, piece of over processed rubber chicken. It was awful. The BBQ sauce was watery, and not so great. I tried salvaging it by dipping the rubber chicken into the buffalo sauce I love so much, no luck. So, for this place I'd stick to their favorites. Boneless buffalo wings are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMs25Dined on 3/16/2014As always it was very good service was great and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findPointhoarderVIPDined on 3/8/2014Great place for a meal after a movie. Wide variety so there is something for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good time had by ourGerardDined on 3/7/2014Very good time had by our party. Food was very good, large servings and kept everyone happy. Service was good - attentive and friendly. Draw back - Very loud - had to carry a conversationSpecial Features:
- Quick LunchmelhawkinsDined on 2/25/2014I was able to reserve online and was seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Serviceniecee1011Dined on 2/21/2014We live right down the street and the last 2 times we have been here, the service has been so great that I needed to post about it! We had the same server both times, John B. He was a tall, dark hair guy with glasses. Anyways, we have a toddler and as any parent knows, it's hard to go out to enjoy dinner with a toddler. Lol. But everytime we come here, we actually can have a nice dinner and our toddler is entertained the whole time. John B. gives great service, our drinks are never empty and he actually takes the time to pay attention to our kid! She loves him! We definitely will be coming back on a weekly basis now, and will try to request him everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service were72of500VIPDined on 2/19/2014The food and service were very good. We had a business meeting and our server was perfect throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMs25Dined on 2/16/2014As always jts comes through again the best why this restaurant hasn't been named the best restaurant I Orange County I will never know. These people do their jobs well and always give great service as for the food all I can say it was out of this world! Whom ever does the cooking back there deserves a 100.00 raise!i love this place and will always come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectionPointhoarderVIPDined on 2/16/2014Great attentive staff. We always enjoy the beers on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNatalieDined on 2/14/2014Our waitress Jennifer was awesome! We will come back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not able to attend dueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014I was not able to attend due to a family emergency but the rest of the group had commented how well organized it was for such a large group of people and that the time I had reserved was perfect so that everyone could order before the large lunch crowd arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect always!!DebsterVIPDined on 1/27/2014I always enjoy this place! Makes me feel at home. Just wish you would ask me about my experience at The Port restaurant. It was a disaster.....hot mess......a disappointment!!! Please contact me! 949-233-0326Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad meal but good drinks!BreeseeVIPDined on 1/24/2014We ordered the ahi tuna poke and Hawaiian coconut shrimp, 4 martini's, blue cheese prime sirloin, and thai salad with seared ahi. The tuna was just ok. No flavor and the color was not as vibrant as it should have been. The Hawaiian coconut shrimp was good and that helped save the disappointment in the ahi tuna poke. My husband ordered the blue cheese sirloin "medium" but received it rare. It was disgusting to our taste. We sent it back and proceeded to wait another 12 minutes before it came back out again and by that time we lost our appetite. Waste of food and money. My thai salad was very bland that after 3 bites I was done. I couldn't taste the sear on the ahi and the salad had no taste. Won't be back again unless for drinks onlySpecial Features:
- Great as always!!DebsterVIPDined on 1/24/2014Paul was amazing as always. The food was just how I asked for it. I always can count on a good meal and great service anytime I eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.