JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin
2415 Park Ave
Tustin, CA 92782Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jtschmidsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (714) 258-0333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin
JT Schmid’s was established in 1997 on a simple premise – to offer a splendid variety of the finest California cuisine and microbrews under one roof. We also wanted to create an atmosphere that was warm & inviting, thus our dedication to craftsmanship is reflected in our comfortable yet lively surroundings. And, because we take pride in our brewing process and delicious food, we have displayed our brewery and kitchen so that you might enjoy watching our Chef and Brew master as they carefully work their magic. It is our sincere hope that our commitment to quality will make us your favorite brewery and premier eatery in Orange County. California Cuisine best describes our diverse menu. We offer cuisine from all corners of the world. The centerpiece of our kitchen is a wood-burning brick oven which generates gourmet pizza and other of the Chef’s creations. Other specialties include Seared Ahi, Sweet Potato Fries, Jambalaya, and Steaks & Seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin - Best Restaurants in Tustin ›
JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (4)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- good place for a quick mealtopdogDined on 11/8/2014great service and good bar, plus the games are on the screensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWSOME!!NewbieDined on 10/29/2014Came to JT Schmid's for lunch and had a great experience. The food came out fast and piping hot. Only had an hour and the server made it her job to make sure we had everything we needed as well as made sure we were not late back to work. Will come back because of the food and service.Special Features:
- BellagioVIPDined on 10/19/2014Pleased to see their new menu. Everything this time went smoothly and tasted good.
- awful experience!!manny1Dined on 10/18/2014was with a big group of people (10) and made reservations to this place took forever to get our food. other people that were there after us got there food out first asked to talk to the manager he didn't care was rude to us on what we had to say. will never come back to this place ever again.
- 1st time userOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014It was easy using your service and I was impressed that the restaurant was ready willing and able to immediately fill my request and honor my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Go-To'ssred28Dined on 10/13/2014I moved to the area 10 months ago and for someone who doesn't go out and eat a lot, I have been here five times. The food is always great and filling. We've sat outside and indoors. We've chosen to eat here while watching football games because there are many TV's all around. We even got a last minute Saturday night table for 11 when our family was visiting. They always are very accommodating to our requests as well. Last night we were surprised as we didn't realize there was a happy hour and got our appetizers and drinks for a great price.Special Features:
- sunflowerDined on 9/20/2014I had a Birthday Dinner at this restaurant and i have to say i was kind of worried about the service after reading reviews on yelp. I was with a large group so i automatically thought it would take us about an hour to receive our food I was wrong. The servers do not take long at all to serve you the food at all. The food is great and Delicious! I would definitely go back no doubt. Great, relaxing environment to have a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Strange wingsPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/20/2014Had the chicken wings. The sauce wasn't a buffalo sauce or a BBQ sauce. Not sure what it was but won't order it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- College football SaturdaysPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/13/2014Good place to eat and watch college football. Much better when the offered points were higher. Is that why they are always empty now?
- MEHSueFlayDined on 8/30/2014i wanted to like it more than i actually did. ambiance is nice. Good place if you want to watch sports while dining (which i frequently like to do). also has a very nice patio. the chicken wings for starters were fantastic. otherwise everything else we tried (french dip, burger, spinach dip) was just average...nothing out of the ordinary. a bit overpriced for an average meal.Special Features:
- Nice group lunchSMIrvineDined on 7/31/2014A nice convenient spot for a work group birthday lunch. Plenty if food options for different tastes and diverse food needs.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner sundae-yes, thanks!Eva0801VIPDined on 7/29/2014This is a great venue for a birthday dinner with a small group of friends that can't hit an overly expensive place but still want a nice dinner - price point for food and atmosphere was right on. My ahi salad was well dressed and sized. Birthday sundae was perfectly sized for sharing (cause who would come on their birthday by themselves). Coupons have helped make it a better deal - and well I love my deals. The waitress was had great timing, good smile and warm charm. I enjoyed the outdoor dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 373 reviews are from the JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin reviews archive.
- Food is nothing special. No flavor!JedirabbiVIPDined on 7/25/2014I'm just not going to go back ever! The food is way below average and is bland with no seasoning. Even the tortilla soup was awful. Took 3 spoons and left it. The steak tacos again no flavor, not cooked properly and just yuck. They were so full of juice the tortillas just broke. I've tried this place 3 times and just can't go back.
- Overcooked BurgersPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had the goat cheese burger and the farmhouse burger. Both were ordered medium rare but came out medium well. We didn't say anything since we were hungry. The goat cheese burger was very dry . There didn't appear to be any attempt to melt the cheeses. You pick up the burger and the cheese falls off. The farmhouse burger was much better. The tater tots must be cheaper to serve since you get more than necessary while the onion rings are limited to about five. They were both good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch. Good low key placeLunchBunchDined on 7/17/2014Sat on Patio on a nice day under umbrella. Had a great lunch with client and it was nice an reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was pretty good and the service was decent. the atmosphere was energetic.Special Features:
- Great burgersPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/6/2014Had the Mexican burger and the buffalo burger. Both were excellent. The blue cheese dressing on the salad had chunks of blue cheese in it. That isn't that common anymore as places try to cut costs.Special Features:
- Cigar Smoke on PatioRuthannVIPDined on 7/2/2014There were several cigar smokers sitting on the patio and the smoke inhalation was unbearable. Almost impossible to eat or taste what you are eating with all the smoke. Too noisy to sit inside and would be impossible to have a decent conversation. The food was reasonably good if the air had been clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak sammie, Yum!SssSVIPDined on 6/24/2014Steak sandwich was GREAT! Really good sized portions, too! Our Server, Jennifer was terrific! Overall nice place for lunch.Special Features:
- JT Schmid'stopdogDined on 6/15/2014good place and nice drink list, food is good, and they have a wide variety of selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Special for Father's DayJudgeJudyDined on 6/15/2014There was no brunch menu for Fathers day. I thought that this restaurant had bottomless beers for fathers, but it did not. There was nothing special for Fathers day which surprised me because I was looking for a restaurant just for that purpose. We were seated inside by a door to the patio that kept whistling and blowing in cool air, and this was at 12:30 in the afternoon. The initial service was slow to contact our table. We watched another table be seated after us and their order taken before ours. It was nice but not special that I wanted for Fathers Day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellagioVIPDined on 6/9/2014It's nice to have an upscale casual restaurant within a shopping area so you can both have dinner and do shopping.Special Features:
- Stellar serviceEva0801VIPDined on 6/4/2014Food & ambiance was great. Service was even better. Thanks so much for helping clear up the open table point issues well after I had eaten. I will visit again soon!Special Features:
- dinnerMs25Dined on 6/1/2014as always this place gets an A LOVE THE FOOD AND THE SERVICE IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentPointhoarderVIPDined on 5/26/2014Our go to place in Tustin. Great service, great food and a great beer selection. What more could you ask for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMs25Dined on 5/25/2014Very good food was good service was the best couldn't have asked for anything better.Special Features:
- Good ServicerosesillyVIPDined on 5/16/2014I had a mozzarella salad and the beef tacos off the appy menu section and and my firend had the steak salad off the entree salad section. my food was ok and his looked only slightly better. it would be better if the mozzarella was not so dry. my tacos were not worth it. BUT on the REALLY positive side, I had 2 top shelf Long Island Iced teas and they were amazing though so kudos to bartender.Special Features:
- Mother's Day dinnerMs25Dined on 5/11/2014Outstanding food, great service, always has the best everything was great will keep comming back especially for special occasions Couldn't have asked for a better eveningsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionPointhoarderVIPDined on 5/3/2014Our favorite place to eat and drink in Tustin. Great menu options and friendly staff.
- Great but not so greatJustOkDined on 5/2/2014Came to JT's a few weeks ago for a girls night out and had a wonderful time. Food was amazing and service was the best! Decided to take my husband and another couple out and this time was really disappointing. Had to ask for refills on everything. The music in the dining room was so loud, we had to shout to hear one another. The food was just ok. My hamburger bun was dry and the fries were cold. The soda didn't have syrup in in them first time around and the server never even noticed. Will go back, but ask for a different dining room and server.
- Great beer selectionPointhoarderVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great place for a beer after a movie. Efficient staff.Special Features:
- Nice casual dinner spotOski65VIPDined on 4/19/2014Saturday evening before Easter, 6:00 p.m. Very few people there, got seated immediately and greeted promptly by Bailey, our server. Had a couple of the IPA's...nice, not too bitter. Wife had the baby back ribs with sweet potato fries and creamed spinach. I had the blackened shrimp tacos with mango salsa. Both were served quickly, presented nicely, and tasted great. No dessert. Very reasonably priced, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMs25Dined on 4/13/2014As always best in the house never anything disappointing to,say about this place! Wish you guys however would read this you all do great jobs there keep,it going well done bravo!Special Features:
- Great foodPointhoarderVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our favorite place to eat in Tustin. Great service and food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodrosesillyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Service was great; food was good; drinks should have been stronger tbh.Special Features:
- Great team of workersPointhoarderVIPDined on 3/22/2014The staff went out of their way to accommodate my dietary restrictions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissGeekInThePinkDined on 3/21/2014I am in love with the JT Buffalo Wings. There is something about them that is incredibly addictive. Their beers are also amazing. I prefer anything they make over one of the chain brands like bud or coors. Now the negative and the reason for only 3 stars. In addition to the wings and beer we got BBQ chicken breast. The Chicken in the entree was nothing like the white mean goodness in the boneless buffalo wings. Instead it was a pounded thin, flat, piece of over processed rubber chicken. It was awful. The BBQ sauce was watery, and not so great. I tried salvaging it by dipping the rubber chicken into the buffalo sauce I love so much, no luck. So, for this place I'd stick to their favorites. Boneless buffalo wings are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMs25Dined on 3/16/2014As always it was very good service was great and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findPointhoarderVIPDined on 3/8/2014Great place for a meal after a movie. Wide variety so there is something for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good time had by ourGerardDined on 3/7/2014Very good time had by our party. Food was very good, large servings and kept everyone happy. Service was good - attentive and friendly. Draw back - Very loud - had to carry a conversationSpecial Features: