JP's Bar & Grill
119 Market House Square
Paducah, KY 42001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
JP's Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jpsgrill.com/
- Phone: 2704422041
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch & Dinner:
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lenar Alexander Herrera & Anthony Paul Peck
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Large to-go orders are accepted however we do not cater off site. For orders larger than 10 persons, please provide at least 24 hours notice for best possible service.
- Entertainment: Wednesday through Saturday we feature light jazz, local cover bands, Djs and more after 5 pm.
A word from JP's Bar & Grill
They say variety is the spice of life, and with a blend of American, middle eastern and a splash of vegetarian dishes, you should have no trouble finding the perfect dish to fit your tastes. Our seafood is never frozen, steaks are hand cut daily, and our lamb sliders are ground on site. Our burgers are the very best in the downtown area and we feature daily creative specials for both lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
JP's Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Paducah ›
JP's Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Overall good experienceLocalResidentDined on 9/6/2014We had a party of 4. Received 1 dry pork chop but staff took care of problem immediately. Great server! Really good food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group/reservationsNotgreatDined on 8/15/2014Had a reservation for 10 people on the patio. Our table was given away. We squeezed in a table of 4 in the back corner until other people moved. We had to move our food and drinks and push tables together. Then to be treated rudely by a server because we were in her way while we were making our own table of 10. The apology was not sincere and they didn't over to comp anything. We will go back but with strict instructions for our reservations or we will leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb Burgers or Cuban!JasonVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was great and these were definitely my two favorites of the 6 entrees we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!HRManDined on 7/22/2014We had a great lunch. I took an applicant to lunch and we were able to talk and enjoy the food. The Monte Cuban sandwich was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointingflipperDined on 6/30/2014We tried this for my wife's birthday and we won't go back. My salad was excellent, my duck was skimpy, and the waiter tried to talk me out of the salad that was the only thing that filled me up. My wife's crab cakes were positively awful--cold at first, and after we sent them back they were just nasty. The waiter seemed to have a hearing problem. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Love to sit outdoorsop2254Dined on 6/16/2014Enjoyed outdoor dining with live music. Service was very good and the food was good as well. Nice place with varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the JP's Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Thank you! Had the table set up and ready for our group when we arrived.Special Features:
- First TimerRaury28Dined on 5/10/2014The food was delicious, and the ambiance was perfect. I celebrated my birthday there!!! The staff was very nice and helpful. Their suggestions were phenomenal. I plan to go back one day soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lamb and veg salad!EmJo85Dined on 5/10/2014I went with my friend. We had dinner and drinks. The food was delicious! The server was friendly but obviously very busy. The noise level wasn't bad. We could carry on a normal conversation. I'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining in PaducahDaizseyDined on 4/23/2014The service was wonderful, fully attentive without being bothersome. So happy they take reservations, since the town was full of quilters looking for dinner before an evening event, otherwise, we could probably not gotten a table with the crowds. Food was good, the pork chops were a little dry, but tasty. The lamb kabobs were excellent, cooked exactly as ordered, medium rare. Overall, a very good dinner.Special Features:
- JP'sBigEatsDined on 4/12/2014I always enjoy going to JP's whether it's for a few beers or for a good meal. My only complaint is that they don't honor a reservation. Making a reservation with them is no different than simply walking in the door. I had a reservation at 7:15PM and had to wait 45 min. while others with no reservations were being seated. If you're not going to honor reservations than just say "no we don't take reservations."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Always enjoy the downtown area and this place is perfect especially this time of year. Sit outside and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time coming to JP's.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014First time coming to JP's. Great food and good entertainment. I was very pleased with the service .. looking forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceMurraymanDined on 1/11/2014Was there with a small group and a very large group. Excellent service both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at JP's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2013first time at JP's dinner was reasonably priced menu varied service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good prices!oumomDined on 9/14/2013JP's menu isn't as extensive as some restaurants, but it does offer a variety of entrees in a moderate price range. There were four of us and all ordered something different. I had the crab cakes (which I had eaten there before) and my husband had the special, which was salmon. Both of us were satisfied with our meals. The portions are generous and sides are included. We arrived about 5:30 and the inside was practically empty but with a wait for tables outside. We wanted inside anyway and within 30 minutes the inside was packed as well. TVs line the walls, although we didn't pay much attention to them. I would recommend this restaurant for the quality of the food at a reasonable price, but not for a "quiet, romantic" dinner.Special Features:
- Limited menu selectionsgmoneyDined on 5/25/2013It would nice if the menu had a bit more variety. In my opinion, it seemed a bit limited and that left me feeling somewhat disappointed. Nothing that was offered seemed to really get my attention, so I had to pick something and hoped I would like it.
- We had a group of 15 and hadLibrary2Dined on 5/10/2013We had a group of 15 and had great service. Our table was ready and waiting. There was plenty of room! We were not crammed in at all. The place was a little noisy, but that was fine for us because we had a large group and kids. Probably not the place to go for quiet, romantic dining but great if your looking for a bar type environment. It was also appropriate for children. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy JP's, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013We always enjoy JP's, and we highly recommend the MD crabcakes. Both service and food are top notch.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good. OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Food was pretty good. Open table app didn't send our reservation so they find my know we were coming.
- I recomment JP's.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013We had an early reservation, (17:15), so some of the above questions are hard to answer or do not apply. Service GOOD, Food GOOD, atmosphere GOOD, price GOOD! I would recommend to all my friends and family to try!Special Features:
- First visit. Both food andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013First visit. Both food and service were excellant. I will return!Special Features:
- Ordered grilled salmon, steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013Ordered grilled salmon, steak sandwich, side ceasar salads. Everything was Very good. This is our go-to place for dinner before a show at the Carson Center. Always get prompt service so never have to worry about rushing to get through before curtain. Several times, we have had excellent specials as well.
- Great place. This was ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Great place. This was our first visit to this restaurant, and the food was great! Our server was very nice, and extremely helpful!Special Features:
- Had I not brought confirmationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Had I not brought confirmation of my reservations, I would not have had a table. The restaurant did not have me on their list of reserved tables.Special Features:
- Quiet with a good but notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012Quiet with a good but not extensive menu. Nice, well stocked bar. Excellent wait staff. Have a fantastic piece of Salmon with rissoto. Wife enjoyed her ample pork chop. Definitely on the top of our Paducah list.Special Features:
- JP's-great if you like al frescoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012Not a great place if you hate bugs. Patio doors were open, letting in pests and humidity. For anyone who prefers dining inside with comfort... Look to other venues. However, ambiance, temperature and distraction aside, the red snapper was outstandingSpecial Features:
- This was a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012This was a great place for my fiance and I to get away for the evening. We had the mushrooms as an appetizer; they were juicy on the inside, crisp on the outside and the sauce (lemon, butter and garlic) was to die for. My fiance had the New York strip; and it was cooked to perfection, full of flavor. I had the Cajun porkchops; they were juicy and flavorful, but not as good as the steak. Our server provided us with excellent service.Special Features:
- Foid was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2012Foid was good, service was adequate, music was awful and loud and bad.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner in the garden,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Wonderful dinner in the garden, with great service!Special Features:
- Great food.... very noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012My reservation was not received by the restaurant. Fortunately, there was a table. The food and service was wonderful. We had to dine inside because of the cool weather and the noise was not conducive of conversation with my date. We will return to dine outside.Special Features:
- This was our second time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012This was our second time to J P's & we loved it. This time we took,some friendsl It was Valentine's day so JP's had a special menu not only for dinner meals but also for drinks. We had one of the special,drinks & it was delicious! The special dinner menu included (many of their top entrees , ) 1 appetizer, chioice of 2 entrees & 1 dessert all for $39.99. Also included was a salad. We were quite surprised.It was a eantastic deal at such a nice place with such great food & ambiance. There was even a small musical group there which was also,very good. It all helped to add to the wonderful experience we had at J P's. Our group had a great time & enjoyed a wonderful meal. Can't wait to go back to enjoy the outdoor patio in the summer!Special Features:
- Paducah downtown fun optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2012Whether fall, winter, spring or summer this is a nice place to gather and dine. If you are a quilter visiting Paducah and tired of the same old fast food diners, give this a look.Special Features: