JOY Asian Cuisine - Fantasy Springs Casino & Resort
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
JOY Asian Cuisine - Fantasy Springs Casino & Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fantasyspringsresort.com/prod/dining/dining.php
- Phone: 7603425000
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Freddy Rieger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining area inside Joy seats up to 10 guests. We provide exclusive staff services for your party. Diners may also ask for special request assistance for engagements, anniversaries, reunions and more.
- Private Party Contact: Ajit Acharya 8008272946
- Cross Street: Golf Center Parkway
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Fantasy Springs and JOY Asian Cuisine offers two complimentary valet areas. The most convenient to JOY is the Casino Valet entrance. Patrons may also park in the self-parking lot behind the hotel, or in the self-park area in front of the casino.
A word from JOY Asian Cuisine - Fantasy Springs Casino & Resort
Welcome to a world of intrigue and JOY. The textures and bold flavors of east Asia meld together at JOY in perfect synergy. Time honored traditional recipes of old-world China strike just the right balance on the menu alongside modern Chinese fare favorites. Dim Sum, Congee, Wok Fried Noodles, Sidewalk Specialties. Korean, Vietnamese and Thai dishes also excite the senses. Our world-class chefs designed the extensive menu with all Asian food lovers in mind. The entire essence of Asian cuisine envelops you here at JOY.Continued
Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week. Full menu available at bar. Takeout available.
Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week. Full menu available at bar. Takeout available.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
JOY Asian Cuisine - Fantasy Springs Casino & Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (10)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)romantic (7)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great dinningMauigirlDined on 10/22/2014Food was wonderfull and service was awesome. Beautiful inside and great love location for dinners and party's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentElaineDined on 10/11/2014Was so surprised in the amount of food you get. Fit for a king and queen. Was extremely Yummy.Special Features:
- edna0109VIPDined on 10/6/2014We arrived and had dinner at this restaurant at 5:00PM instead of 3:00PM on Oct 6 - Monday. Please advice if my account has been adjusted. Thank you, Edna BartlettSpecial Features:
- luv2dishDined on 10/4/2014Simply cannot their version of shrimp with walnuts, particularly since it is made with jumbo prawns, and the spicy eggplant is very comparable. Round it out with the light, fresh summer roll and you've got a great meal that's light for our "warmer" year round climate.Special Features:
- Rushed service on busy nightBoBoDined on 9/20/2014I had a 530 reservation on a concert night.. the Meal was rushed to get us in and out in time for the later seatings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLQTENADined on 9/11/2014We dined with friends, which made the experience even better because we got to try dishes we would not usually order. We were happy with every dish we all ordered. This is the best chinese food in the Coachella Valley. Always taste fresh and yummy. The experience start to finish is first rate. Would recommend to anyone and everyone I know.Special Features:
- Joy at fantasy springsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014One our favorite for Asian food. My 89 yr old mother always asks visiting family to take her to Joy.Special Features:
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Food was way better than I was expecting, one of the best Chinese foods I have had. Everyone in the restaurant was very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- edna0109VIPDined on 9/1/2014Always enjoy going to Joy Asian Cuisine. The food never fais, always good and delicious.Special Features:
- desiDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner prior to a concert at the Event Center. The food was excellent and the service was perfect from Rebecca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edna0109VIPDined on 8/30/2014Joy is one of our favorite specially when it comes to Chinese food.Always enjoy food at Joy. Calamari specially.Special Features:
- Best AsianDesertDivaRLPCCDined on 8/24/2014Best Asian food in the desert. Prices are moderate to expensive but you really get well prepared and healthy portions for your money. Only problem is the noise level. Peoples voices carry and noises bounce off the walls at high levels and interfere with moderate conversations. Not casino noise, people noise. Otherwise very good.Special Features:
- SurpriseLQTENADined on 8/18/2014We dined at Joy on a recommendation from a friend. She said it was the best Chinese in the valley. Well she was right. We were so impressed with the food. Every item we ordered was amazing. We will return and recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINNER !DeDeDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was absolutely wonderful ... I took some friends to dinner before the American Idol Show and everything was great ... and they were impressed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food needs to be hottercaseysmomVIPDined on 8/5/2014Had to send back several items as they were not hot. Food needs to be delivered to the table HOT!
- Good food. Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2014Very happy with our visit. The server was friendly and very attentive. Food came quickly... hot, tasty and well enjoyed. Loved the steaming hot towel for our hands , that was presented before our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014The restaurant was very busy but staff were very pleasant and hellpful. Wait staff and hostess were awesome. Food portions are wonderful size but Id rather have a better quality meat instead of double portion of something lower quality. The chicken lettuce wraps were bland and tasteless. Moo goo gai pan loved the veggies but the meal was too salty and I didnt need that much meat. the sauce was good.Special Features:
- The following 200 reviews are from the JOY Asian Cuisine - Fantasy Springs Casino & Resort reviews archive.
- DonnaDonnaDined on 7/3/2014Amazing as usual!!!!!! Wouldn't go anywhere else for Chinese Food in the Coachella Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice service, poor to ok food.ConcealedDined on 6/21/2014Sweet and sour soup is really bad, the calamari was over cooked, chewy and tough, the honey walnut shrimp was cold. The rest of our order (3 other entree items) were hot and just fine though not remarkable. Since the restaurant is located in Fantasy Springs Casino, we ate there before a show. For the convenience it is an okay place to eat. If it had to stand on it's own, I don't think I would recommend eating there.Special Features:
- Great unexpected find!!PamelabDined on 6/18/2014We were visiting Palm Desert with the family (9 of us). Our concierge recommended JOY- it is a winner!! Everything was perfect!! Definitely will go back. Food was fabulous, service was impeccable and overall experience was a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 5/25/2014Best Asian Food we have experienced in the Desert.Special Features:
- Most Authentic Asian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/22/2014We had the Peking Duck it was amazing there fried rice is also special.We have dined here a number of times and we are never disappointed ..The service is also very attentive..
- Excellent for funLuv2eatoutDined on 5/11/2014Great food. Pleasant atmosphere , doesn't feel like casino restaurant .Special Features:
- Great Chinese in the DesertChristeneDined on 4/4/2014Good American-Chinese food for the Westerners and some authentic dishes for the Chinese-Chinese palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find!BetsyDined on 4/4/2014We have not been real happy with any of the Chinese we've found in the area. But we are so glad we chose this that night! The food was top-notch and the service was the best! At first we thought it a bit pricey, but then realized it's family-style and so everyone ordered one thing and we shared! When we were finished, we had some leftover. We only wish we could have taken it with us! I might ask them next time if they could hold it in the refrigerator for us while we're at our show, I just didn't think of it then. Best Mushu pork ever!, the panfried noodles were yummy! as were the egg rolls, the dimsum dumplings and the snow peas. Really! Give this place a try! We like fantasy Springs Casino so we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerBigJohnDined on 3/27/2014Walnut Shrimp was excellent, however the Bass Fillet was not as expected; to soft, was breaded and deep fat fried and drowned in red sweet sauce (glaze). On line reservation was excellent to use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in the valleyRetiredDined on 3/14/2014Joy was fantastic. Awesome Asian cuisine at a fair price and excellent service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceHorse101Dined on 3/7/2014We look forward to eatting at the restaurant yearly when attending the Desert Circuit Horse Show. Service was terrible. Had to ask for refills of water and hot tea. We had to flag down our waiter to take our order and once the food was served never came by to ask how the food was. One of the items ordered never came so we had to flag him down to ask about it. I called days in advance of my reservation to add a guest to my party and was told the restaurant coud not accomodate. I checked back the day of my reservation to see if there were any changes and again told no. There was room to put an additional person on our table. What was annoying was while seated I overheard a party of 4 with no reservation able to demand a table.Special Features:
- Always outstanding...TonichamDined on 2/28/2014Our fav place to take family and friends...the food is always outstanding and service excellent. Beautiful restaurant. Only thing we hate....is the two pounds we gain after our dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014The food was excellent as usual but the service was not. We had a new waiter and waited a long time for our drinks. One dish was not what we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Chinese/AsiangolfergirlVIPDined on 2/21/2014One of the best Chinese/Asian restaurants outside of N.Y. Hot and sour soup a winner so is the dan dan noodle dish, Prices are very fair considering it's inside the Fantasy casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedDonnaDined on 2/15/2014Better than we thought it would be. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Asian DiningmejhVIPDined on 2/14/2014Lunch was very reasonably priced. The wonton soup was the best I've ever had with large stuffed wontons and broth filled with lots of slivered pork & bok choy leaves. The general tso chicken & kung pao chicken dishes were excellent with lots of vegetables. The fried rice and spring roll that came with the entree were also very good. The spring roll was perfectly prepared and not greasy. Everything was hot and fresh! The service was excellent. Besides the waiter and his helper stopping by frequently, the hostess and the manager also stopped by to check on us during our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ups and downsallproDined on 2/13/2014The food was great. Especially the Spring Rolls and 3 Chicken Dish. Two complaints. First with a reservation since November for dinner in February, I was still placed in the bar for dinner. Other couples who came after me without a reservation were placed in the main dining area. The other complaint is that service was very slow, especially when it came time to pay the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese Food!!DonnaDined on 2/7/2014There is no place better for Chinese Food in the Coachella Valley than JOY!!!! Especially the Honey Walnut Shrimp - may be a bit pricey - but well worth it!!! Have never had a bad meal....always delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcitingBilloriaDined on 2/7/2014Try the Chilean sea bass it is unbelievably good,melts in your mouthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealyankeefanDined on 1/10/2014We have dined at Joy several times and have never been disappointed with the food or service. This time it was a little louder than usual and though we would have enjoyed a more quiet atmosphere (or not quite as energetic) as always the food and service were great...will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- If you like Asian food this is it.HalsDined on 1/5/2014This was our first visit to JOY and found both the food and service to be outstanding. They have a did selection of many different types of dishes and we look forward to trying many of then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 10OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014They were great in the service they provided and were able to accomodate our large party of 10 with no issues. The food and service was good and we would recommend the restaurant to our friends and family. Large or small groups, they will set the right tone and mood.Special Features:
- Fresh, clean surroundings.moxieDined on 1/4/2014Fresh, clean surroundings. Food was hot, well prepared. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.