Journey Steakhouse - Argosy Casino Kansas City
777 NW Argosy Pkwy
Riverside, MO 64150Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Journey Steakhouse - Argosy Casino Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stayargosy.com/KansasCity
- Phone: 8167463485x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Please contact us directly at 816.746.3485 for parties of 8 or more.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jess Head
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Journey Steakhouse - Argosy Casino Kansas City
Lounge in the warm ambiance of The Journey's adobe dining room, inspired by the striking architecture of the West African coast. This exclusive menu features appetizers, fish, lobster, pasta and more! All certified Angus Beef® steaks are grilled to perfection over mesquite wood fires. Top off your meal by choosing from an extensive wine list from around the world and enjoy our freshly made desserts!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Journey Steakhouse - Argosy Casino Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Journey Steakhouse - Argosy Casino Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (20)good for groups (8)notable wine list (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- AmazingSenatorSquirrelVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our second visit to Journey started off on a great foot by Tanja, the manager, offering me a sweater because I was chilly, and it only went uphill from there. Even as I write this, I am dreaming of the Prime Rib. My scallops were excellently cooked, and we even got to meet the chef. This was our second trip back, because after our first, we kept talking about going back, but it is a bit of a haul from Waldo. However, we were on our way back from the airport, and decided to go back. I am so glad we did! Thank you for an amazing experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great place to eat. Also had the best service we've probably ever had. Thanks journeys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 8/7/2014The worst $40 steak I have ever had. Terrible flavor, very thin and, one of the worst Caesar salads I have eaten. The calamari was excellent.
- A little priceyTerryDined on 7/31/2014Nice place with excellent service from hostess to server and the manager even checked on us. Wines by the glass are limited, steaks were good (we have been before and had Prime Rib - served Fri and Sat and it is excellent!) Everything was served hot and timely. Crab bisque remains salty, lacks crab but its made with cream...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at JourneyGreatOzDined on 7/29/2014We go here quite often, usually for special occasions. The service is always excellent, the wine cold and the steaks hot! Besides, it's only about a mile from our house!Special Features:
- ServicedemeyDined on 7/26/2014Gave Service a less than Excellent because the server was new. At least I hope he was new. He 1. did not know the specials - had to read them off 2. placed the 'tab' on top of the bread basket (instead of the table). 3. Took orders all around us, but failed to refresh our drinks. I have never been a server, but these little things stood out to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicespileDined on 7/25/2014The filet was the best steak I've ever had. The waitress Patricia was super nice and made sure my wife was happy with every part of her meal. It was our five year anniversary and the manager had a free dessert sent to our table. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing steak.... chocolate bagsittingduckDined on 7/14/2014The steak here is the best I have ever had. And be sure to get a chocolate bag for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookieDined on 7/6/2014We love this restaurant! Food is excellent! Service good! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The food was fabulous.smiveyDined on 6/25/2014The service was fantastic. Great ambiance! Perfect place for a romantic night out, a celebration or business meeting.Special Features:
- Always A PleasureMidoriDined on 6/20/2014We've always had a great dining experience at the Journey. The waitstaff is always friendly and very helpful. Dinner this week was Prime Rib with a fully loaded baked potato and creamed corn. Excellent! We will be returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Dining ExperienceGranDined on 6/15/2014We have dinner at The Journey frequently, sometimes just two people and as many as fifteen (for Mother's Day). The food is excellent and the service is friendly and efficient. Best steaks north of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KasieDined on 6/15/2014Everything was great - Father's Day lunch a success.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our meat was over cooked which made it dry and the baked potatoes were not cooked all the way. the food was very good, just not cooked properly.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Best crabcakes ever!!!Steak was perfect!mushrooms outstanding!Pricey,but worth it. Server was rather below average and matridi was a little rude?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW! Was so surprised at how good!demeyDined on 6/7/2014Journey might be my #1 choice from now on. Did not know expect the food to be so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kcfoodluverDined on 5/21/2014This was my first time visitng Journey. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Journey has the best crab cakes I have ever had. The steaks were very tender and cooked to perfection. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb TimeLjensenDined on 5/18/2014From the time we walked in, Journey's made us feel like VIP's. The service and food could not have been any better! Highly recommend their Sirloin steak, which was cooked to perfection. Their Lobster Mac-N-Cheese is to die for!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Open table reservation wasn't found. Food was OK but very pricy. Had the prime rib which was a decent size and cooked to order, but had lots if fat and a strange coating for beef, rosemary maybe. BBQ ribs were good with a spicy rub and a really sweet sauce, a full slab...huge. Wine selection was fairly small but adequate. Service was decent.
- Anniversary night outanniversaryDined on 5/9/2014We wanted a nice place with a causal atmosphere, yet a place we could dress up to spend our anniversary out. We also wanted very good food and service that was close to where we live without fighting traffic. We found that at Journey, the waitress was very helpful and available. The only complaint if you can call it a complaint was it was a little too dark. :) But perhaps that is my aging eyes. :):) For me four stars is very very good I rarely if ever give anything or anyone 5 stars that would have to rate an absolute perfect. :) Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patricia was an awesome server.FrankieCDined on 5/8/2014Great chef.Girlfriends steak was a little rare but she Didn't complain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 144 reviews are from the Journey Steakhouse - Argosy Casino Kansas City reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food was great. We both ordered the prime rib. The portions were so large that we could have shared oneSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Beautiful decor, friendly service, excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A horrible timeLjensenDined on 4/18/2014I have had dinner here several times, and have always had excellent service, as well as excellent food. Unfortunately Friday night's dinner did not fare as well. I have no idea what the problems were concerning our meal, nor do I care. When I spend $160.00 plus tip for a meal, I expect GREAT service and HOT food. It will be a long time, if ever, before I eat here again. This is The Argosy's premier restaurant, unfortunately, I've had better service and hotter food at their buffet!!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentKimmyDined on 3/29/2014We had a wonderful time. The atmosphere was super relaxing! The food was awesome along with the wine options! We will definitely be eating at this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulltorrensDined on 3/29/2014We were very happy with the service and food. The host remembered our names from start to finish. The waitress was very attentive. Best steak we have ever had. Good portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurant and the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014nice restaurant and the steak was cooked to order. everything was good. no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal.chelleDined on 2/28/2014Went here with the hubs and had a nice meal. Scallops and crab cakes were excellent. Hubs said steak was nothing special but good. Service was good, very attentive. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About what I expected. TheKentDined on 2/28/2014About what I expected. The steaks were very good, tender and cooked as requested. Getting the check took a little longer then I would have likedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad serviceChuckDined on 2/28/2014Jake was overwhelmed and not at all attentive. He shared that a server called in and so we had to suffer great service. Should've asked for Joyce because she's always good to us.Special Features:
- More hype than hopeLickingUpKCDined on 2/22/20141) Argosy Casino has smoke smell from the front door. It's nothing new at Argosy but bears mentioning. 2) We made reservations on-line thru OpenTable. We still waited 20 min because "previous tables were lingering" according to the host, we were offered no free drinks for the inconvenience and--worse--were finally seated at a lone table by the kitchen. "So much for reservations" was my brother's comment. 3) The service was lukewarm, at best, and so was the food. A seafood pasta was good. The steak was far from the best in KC. Or anywhere else, for that matter. 4) The prices are high. If you want a $50 steak, choose Capital Grille. Frankly, I'm being generous with the second star in the Journey rating.Special Features:
- Valentine's Weekendsuvs4uDined on 2/15/2014The menu offered several different choices, but I would have preferred a baked potato over mashed. The chocolate cake for dessert was awesome. My Husband choose the truffles. They were great. Would like to know where to purchase more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, excelent staff:KennDined on 2/14/2014I have to say that the staff did everything in their power to make this dinner outing a great one. Also the food was very good and well prepared/presented. This is a great restaurant for high end dining.Special Features:
- Choice of dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Give a choice of dessert, we would have loved to have the chocolate bag. LOVED the honey mustard!!!!Special Features:
- Valentine MealKCGuyDined on 2/14/2014Our Valentine Day dinner was quite good. My wife and I shared the two fish dishes on offering that evening; both were good. Oddly her asparagus was very well prepared, while mine not so good. Aside from that issue, all other aspects of the meal were just fine. Service was timely and professional in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large portionsVirgilDined on 2/14/2014We were only allowed to choose from the Valentines Day menu so we each ordered an appetizer, salad, and entree. Everything was delicious and more food than we could eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good and waitressSheilaDined on 2/14/2014Food was good and waitress was excellent. Wish we could have ordered off the menu. Two couples walked out without eating since they couldn't order off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We hade a special pre fixeLindaDined on 2/14/2014We hade a special pre fixe menu and the steak was not good at all. It seemed like a cheaper cut of meat than usual. They did take some money off of our bill, but it sill left us thinking we may not go back.
- reviewgeminiDined on 2/12/2014the steaks were verey good. the brownie was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and lobsterJeffDined on 2/2/2014My wife and I have been to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. On our last visit (Feb 2014) I had the porterhouse steak and my wife had the lobster; both were excellent. The atmosphere is quiet and the service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.