Josselin's Tapas Bar and Grill
2829 Ala Kalanikaumaka St.
Koloa, HI 96756Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Josselin's Tapas Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://josselins.com/
- Phone: 8087427117x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9pm
Daily 5:00pm - 10pm During Peak Season
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jean Marie Josselin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us about catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: Josselin"s Tapas Bar and Grill is ideal for large groups. Great Social atmosphere!
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Ha 8087427117x
A word from Josselin's Tapas Bar and Grill
Chef Jean Marie Josselin has created another masterpiece with this new and unique tapas restaurant. Imagine dining in a rustic, yet contemporary, style dining room with an open view of the kitchen where the wood-burning oven cooks fresh, local produce, fish and meat to perfection. Share several different tapas and taste incredible culinary creations. Enjoy refreshing signature sangrias served tableside like you have never had it before. This chic new hotspot on Kauai"s south shore will have you coming back time and time again, making each experience a memorable one. "The Whole Process is About Sharing."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Josselin's Tapas Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Koloa ›
Josselin's Tapas Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (39)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (18)romantic (17)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fabulous meal with great service.SgenesVIPDined on 9/22/2014Came here based on a friends recommendation and wonder how we missed out dining at Josselin's before. Our waiter was very helpful in his explanation of various items and his suggestions all proved wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and deliciousdiningfoolVIPDined on 9/21/2014We shared quite a few plates. For tapas very generous. All visually appealing and very flavorful. Had read some mixed reviews on the 36 hour pork belly. We found it spot on. The food across the board was a winner. My only minus on the night was the over attentive bus staff. Kept trying to clear plates that were still being enjoyed. Had to tell them quite a few times we were still working. Waitress was great and kept a good pace. Would visit again.Special Features:
- mysandmanDined on 9/17/2014we are never dissapointed here. This time the waiter seemed to read our mind, and ordered the last serving of something for us, before we gave him our order. So glad he did. We will be back as often as possibleSpecial Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/15/2014We have dined here over the years and will not return. We have seen this restaurant from its heyday with lines out the door to its continuing decline. This was the worst experience yet. the server was rude, their signature sangria was barely passable, some of the food was burned and the restaurant was stifling with no air flow.
- FlowerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Some tastey plates like shrimp tempura, pork steamed buns, Thai curry soup and sashimi but pricey at 2-3 plates per person.Special Features:
- Enjoyable food...view not so muchbizdinerDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed a selection of Tapas for dinner, all tasted very good. Not perfect - octopus was a bit oily from frying, chicken was a bit dry - but mostly the flavors and taste was good. Service was acceptable (it is kauai after all) - attentive but not always around. Manager had to deal with a few issues on tables near ours a few times as waiter seemed to disappear at times. Biggest downside is the location. Windows are high up and offer no view. Room is non descript. experience would be much better if it was a more open feel. we would give it another shot, but would not be a must do on our next trip.Special Features:
- Very Good But Could Be BetterGandGDined on 9/8/2014We have been coming here a couple times a year since it opened - always excited to see how Josselin's will reinterpret a dish or invent something magical. True to form the vegetable dishes were stunning. But when it came to the signature 36 hr pork belly, we were underwhelmed. It was almost tasteless & bordering on dry. Fortunately an order of very tiny sliders but excellent saved the day!! Will go back again because we know Josselin's can be so much better.Special Features:
- Amazing!AndreaDined on 9/8/2014Our dinner started with Lychee sangria that was made with beautiful fresh fruit tableside. From the deconstructed sushi to the lamb meatballs everything was delicious! The stuffed naan bread was unique and tasted great. This restaurant is a must if you are visiting Kauai!Special Features:
- Treat Your taste budstorchyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Shared 5 Tapas in sequence, one so good we ordered it twice ( Tempura Shrimp). Every dish delighted the taste buds. The presentations were unique and the flavors blended in ways that we never expected. Every dish had at least one delicious surprise. Made us wonder about some of the dishes we passed on as we thought the combinations a little unusual. Whoever develops these dishes knows how to combine ingredients - really knows! We will be back!Special Features:
- love it!cmtbDined on 9/5/2014every time i go I am never disappointed. love the food/selections and love the SANGRIA!Special Features:
- Tourist TrapCanadagrl736Dined on 9/4/2014Bad drinks and so so food. I would avoid this place and go to Puka Dog instead.
- Great find in Kauai!SoCalDadDined on 8/31/2014Very tasty, farm fresh, local flavors - tapas style. Enjoyed the meal immensely.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014We ordered the 36 Hours Braised Pork Belly, the pork was dry & fatty, definitely don't tasted like it had cooked for 36 hours. The Slow Cooked Butterfish we ordered was ok... nothing special. With the price of each dish, I expected more from this restaurant.
- SangriaCurtisDined on 8/30/2014We loved the table side sangria! Very tasty! They are a very nice touch. Our waitress was extremely informative.Special Features:
- Dont buy the hypejoepDined on 8/29/2014Don't buy the hype on this place, it is merely a place to grab a drink and shouldn't be called a tapas restaurant. Locals frequent here later at night and it is the only bar I have ever seen that masks as a dining establishment. Service is not friendly and staff really treats those who desire to dine there poorly. Easily the only place on the island I would recommend avoiding for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Great service & delicious tapas....BatteryParkBillVIPDined on 8/27/2014But the place is super loud. Not a spot for a romantic dinner. But other than that great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantswansonVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great food and service. We thoroughly enjoyed our dishes and had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Great!meggiebDined on 8/22/2014The variety and the flavor of the food at Josselin's is amazing! We had the lamb meatballs, roasted garlic and a couple of other items that I can't recall, but I know they were terrific. The Naan is very filling and rich so plan on that if you order it. And, the service was the best. The tapas was served at an appropriate pace and the staff was very attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Great meal / Best Service in KauaiUnhappyVIPDined on 8/19/2014What a great find. The food was OUTSTANDING but most of all the SERVICE. Our server Ronald is one of best I have ever had. Has a passion for the food they serve. He really made the difference last night.Special Features:
- Great. great GratePeppyDined on 8/17/2014Love this place We go every time we are in Kauai. Great people . Can't wait until next time. Need this place in MalibuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste sensation(s)!flutemamaDined on 8/11/2014Wonderfully informative waitress + deliciously innovative food = fantastic dining experience for all 4 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner in KauaisquirrelDined on 8/11/2014We loved this place. The service was excellent; our waiter was extremely friendly and competent, the food was both fun and excellent, the sangria was great. A little expensive, but for a special night out (this was our date night with the kids getting watched by grandparents) or for someone who loves a great food experience (the dry-ice lemongrass infusion in the deconstructed ahi roll was interesting and delicious) its worth it.Special Features:
- Good veggie optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Both me and my wife are vegetarian and we were totally satisfied with the selections. They let you minus bacon on some of the choices, the mushrooms were so delicious!! Kinda pricey for small plates but flavors were really impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ConfusionfooddwellerVIPDined on 8/4/2014We were instantly welcomed with Sangria options, but there after forgotten about. Once reminded we were there, service was okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014The Butterfish was incredible! Melted in your mouth. Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and ServiceJackDined on 8/1/2014I live on Kauai and this is my favorite restaurant. I go here with special friends. Jack from PoipuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!!!KnfoodieDined on 7/31/2014We went here for dinner on the last night of our honeymoon and it ended our trip on such a high note!! The food is delish and so different from all of the other restaurants in the area!! And, if you like sangria they have a sangria cart they bring around to every table which is a great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in poipuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Very good. Interesting ecclectic menu well prepared and delicious. RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!foodiesinparadiseDined on 7/20/2014Josselin's has never disappointed us. The menu selection had our favorites and some very good new items.Special Features:
- Fantastic - Best in PoipuCherylDined on 7/19/2014We have been coming to Kauai every summerfor over 20 years and we have eaten everywhere - from food cart to burgers and fish tacos to the very best restaurants. One of our favorites, and for many year's Kauai's best restaurant, was Josselin's A Pacific Cafe in Kapa'a. It is wonderful to Josselin back in action at Kikui'ula. Poipu is blessed with three of Kauai's best restaurants: Josselin's, Roy's, and Merriman's. They are all excellent, but when the chef is in the house as he is frequently, Josselin's Tapas Bar and Grill is the south shore's very best. The menu is fun and interesting and the food is perfectly cooked. Josselin's butterfish is to die for. And don't miss the Lychee Sangrias! Thanks Chef!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014excellent food though very expensive, even for resort area excellent sangriaSpecial Features:
- Josselin'sCaliGirlDined on 7/14/2014We had a great time at Joselin's. The staff was wonderful. The food was very enjoyable and they went out of their way to accommodate some special food needs, like no meat and glutin free which is not easy for tapas.
- WhyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2014We came here for dinner last year and the service and food was much better than this time around, The food sounded better than it tasted. Everything was over priced. I won't be coming here again.
- Expensive Tapas, No View in KauaiTreeDined on 7/9/2014Food was good, not great. While the restaurant has a kids menu, it's not really a kid friendly menu - there are 3 choices. If you think the cheese pizza is something your kids will eat - only if they are used to fresh mozzarella on flat bread, no sauce - not exactly what we were expecting. Needless to say, our kids are not used to that as pizza and refused to eat it. The tapas were delicious, but run on the small side. The service was good, but wouldn't rush back here. The prices were on par with restaurants that have a view in Kauai (this is upstairs in a shopping mall). Maybe a great date night spot for locals or couples coming to Kauai, but definitely not for families.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem!NYCchefDined on 7/9/2014Creative and beautifully presented - the food was absolutely delicious. The staff was friendly and very well informed about the menu. The sangria choices were with local flair and not overly sweet or muddy in flavors. A wonderful experience that I wish was closer to my UWS apartment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful FoodDanTVIPDined on 7/2/2014As a huge fan of Chef Josselin's A Pacific Cafe from long ago, I was very excited to try his new tapas-style restaurant on my recent honeymoon. The restaurant was beautiful, service was very relaxed and fun, and the plates were all beautiful. That being said, I didn't think the food tasted quite as good as it looked (i.e. ceviche lacked acidity, other dishes lacked that wow factor) and hope it was just a fluke. I'd definitely return on my next visit and try it again.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!!Love2eatoutkauaiDined on 7/2/2014We live locally and find this restaurant to be one of few top places to go to celebrate. The food is always wonderful and the service cannot be beat. It is consistantly a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy first timersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We were hoping to try something different, something we were'nt familiar with. We were very pleased because everything we read on the menu was unlike anywhere else. The food we ordered was great and our waitress was excellent. She really was a big help to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatRalph43Dined on 6/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Josselin's. The bar drinks were very good. We had three different tapas and two were excellent and the other was good. We would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- mnd1Dined on 6/22/2014The server was really nice and was knowledgable of the menu. However, the service was way too fast: 65 minutes after we walked through the door we had our bill in our hands. The plates succeeded each other too quilckly and we felt really rushed. Not ideal for romantic dinners. The slow cooked butterfish was excellent, but the rest was less impressive.Special Features: