Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
728 Violet Ave.
Hyde Park, NY 12538Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.josephs-steakhouse.com/#!
- Phone: (845) 473-2333
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am to 1:30pm
Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm to 8:00pm
Lunch: Friday & Saturday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday Thru Thursday 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Chef Gilbert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private room for all occasions. Menus available.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room seats 120, can be divided in two rooms. Private bar and Dance Floor.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Wilson 8454732333x
- Entertainment: Murder Mystery Dinner Shows, Musical Shows, Comedy shows.
A word from Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
Joseph's Steakhouse specializes in Dry Aged Certified Angus Steaks. A Manhattan Style Steakhouse with a elegant touch. Located next to Val-Kill National Park in Historic Hyde Park. Joseph's Steakhouse is rate # 1 with 5 stars by Tripadvisor.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (24)romantic (19)good for groups (19)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The room was nicely decorative and inviting. However the food lacked taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait timeDate4usDined on 11/8/2014Had reservation at 7 30 pm arrived on time ,we were told our table was still occupied ,we we're send to the bar at end of the restaurant to wait .the drinks were 9 $ each ,the bar tender was consantly yelling at his staff ,so we waited and waited ,2 times we were told that our table was still occupied by the chatty customers ,an hour later I was ready to leave we were told they will seat us at another table ,the soup was ok ,the meat was a bit chewy ,reminded me of a chain restaurant ,the desert was terrible I had apple crisp without the crisp ,the baked potato was dried like it was frozen and reheated ,maybe it was busy for restaurant week but we were disappointed for the long wait with no apologies.Special Features:
- Don't botherChaz20njDined on 11/8/2014Had high expectations based on reviews in reality the food was just ok and the service was horrible. Interestingly this was the areas Restaurant Week and they did nothing to make us want to go back
- Great food, poor servicedisappointedDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I went to Joseph's Steakhouse for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week anticipating a lovely date night together. We had 7:30pm reservations and were not finished until 10pm. Most of that was waiting time, including not being seated until almost 8pm. Our server was rude to us when we asked for more bread (we were very hungry due to the long wait) and when giving us the check. Our food was absolutely perfectly prepared and delicious, but we will not return. There are many other places with good food AND good service.
- Nice restaurant week menuSraQDined on 11/7/2014Although the service was very slow and they ran out of prime rib, which both my husband and I ordered, (we had a 7pm reservation and were informed at about 7:55), they were very nice about trying to compensate and did so to our satisfaction. The regular menu is quite pricey but the restaurant week menu offers a good selection and is well worth trying.Special Features:
- Hv restaurant weekHvrestweekDined on 11/7/2014Great deal great selection of courses worth another visit to enjoy the special dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!AngieSDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant was recommended to us and I have to say the ambiance was wonderful, the wait staff was prompt and courteous and the food was cooked to perfection. Prime Rib was cooked medium rare and was accompanied by a wonderful medley of vegetables. The tables were separated with an appropriate spacing, so no one heard any one else's conversation. I will be returning!!!!Special Features:
- A True American Gem!OntheRoadDined on 11/5/2014I love this place. It has great steaks but the genuine, friendly atmosphere really makes Joseph's top notch. The service has a pace that is perfect for a romantic dinner. The desserts are irresistible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for couples...CaptainCardDined on 11/5/2014We have visited before, and every time come away well-fed, relaxed, and glad to have been able to spend time together.The menu is well put together, the wine offerings are clear, and device is not a high distraction, so "couple-time" is maximized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ChefbagzDined on 11/1/2014This place was absolutely wonderful. I brought my girlfriend here for a special occasion. I sent a note to them on open table and they call me after they received and asked if there was anything they could do to accommodate my request. Service was outstanding, everyone was friendly, and the food was excellent. Definitely recommended!!!Special Features:
- Dining with allergiesdeejayDined on 10/31/2014As I embrace my food allergies, it is so wonderful to go to a restaurant that goes out of their way to provide menu options that will work for a patron with a challenging diet. Joseph's Steakhouse was willing to provide exactly what I wanted the way I could eat it!! Not only did they offer several options but also made sure that once the meal arrived, it was perfect for ME! I will definitely return to this restaurant the next time I'm in Hyde Park!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed this restaurantPhylDined on 10/26/2014The service was great. Everyone friendly and a manager came by to chat. Steaks were done to order and excellent quality. Fresh and tender. We will definetly go there on another visit to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good try, but no cigar!LarryBVIPDined on 10/25/2014Disappointing! Steaks better elsewhere. One order forgotten in a party of six. Took almost half an hour for the missing order to arrive.
- solid mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014On a Monday fall night, the restaurant only filled 4 tables. Our server John was very professional. I had the Octoberfest special with delicious fresh potato pancakes with applesauce that were delicious and fresh, no grease. The salad was ordinary, but with a nice light oil dressing. The pork weiner schneitel was fork tender. My husband had the filet mignon, while tender, was nothing special. The twice baked potato was cold. All in all, above average prices for just above average meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Steak!!SedanDined on 10/19/2014Absolutely great bone-in rib eye steak...asked for and got a very tasty rare piece of beef. Atmosphere not great but OK. If you're in the mood for beef, I'd highly recommend Joseph's.
- Lovely spotKkjamzDined on 10/19/2014I am so glad we went to Joseph's, brunch was fantastic and just the right amount of food. We didn't feel uncomfortable for the rest of the day. We were there for brunch and the choices were varied and devious. Our waiter was very helpful and gave us many pointers on what to do with the rest of our visit to Hyde Park, We were actually trying to get a reservation at the CIA in that same area but we're unable and I'm glad we ended up here instead.Special Features:
- GjavDined on 10/16/2014Restaurant had really good reviews and it lived up to every word. Food and service was excellant and prices were reasonable. Great little local spot.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealJoeADined on 10/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Joseph's Steakhouse. The staff was courteous and professional. Our meal (we both had different cuts of steaks) was exceptional. They have a nice wine list and many good wines by the glass. We even shared a great dessert- turtle cheesecake. I would highly recommend. It doesn't look like anything special from the outside but it was wonderful where it counts- the inside.Special Features:
- Dinner with the gangOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Food and service was very good. The group enjoyed the cozyness and ambience of the steakhouse. I dined there last year so I recommended it to my friends for this year. Ps. great bread!Special Features:
- Very Good SteakhousethebrasilianDined on 10/12/2014The menu has a large number of steak selections (along with other fare, such as fish and bratwurst). The steaks are delicious overall, and of course, the more you pay, the better the cut. And so if you come here, do splurge and order the larger more expensive cuts, as they will certainly satisfy. The restaurant is sort of located in the middle of nowhere Hyde Park (but close-by to many Hudson Valley area attractions such as the FDR and Eleanor Roosevelt homes, and Vanderbilt Mansion). It is worth the effort and drive to enjoy a fine steak dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceTOUGHCRITICDined on 10/11/2014We had a 7:30 reservation on a Saturday night and waited about 15 minutes to be seated but, not surprising since they were VERY busy. We had an awesome appetizer (escargot) and the bread served was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and professional. The aged rib eye for two was one of the best I've ever had, well prepared and very flavorful. Most impressive was a young lady that presented us with dessert tray options. She was personable, attentive and made the end of our meal warm and friendly. The coffee and dessert was fantastic. I would highly recommend a visit when you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServicechefpaulDined on 10/11/2014The service was so slow - over an hour between courses - that we couldn't enjoy the meal when it came. We were just tired of waiting and asking when our entree was coming and repeatedly being told that it was "next up", it was "being plated now". Would not return.Special Features:
- Great food expensive,slow service.InkpusherDined on 10/11/2014Made a reservation online. Got there 5 minutes early. Had to wait 20 minutes after our reserved time. Waiter was really busy, running around. Showed up 10 minutes after being seated. Took order. Another 15 minutes before we got our soup. Meal showed up finally after another 20 minues. Decided not to have desert, who knows how long that would take! Another 15 minutes to get check! Food was great, but, nobody should have to sit for almost 2 hours from entering the building to leaving. Put tip on card. Checked card account next day & they gave a bigger tip to waiter than I approved! I gave 15%, they gave him 20%! It would take something special to get me to go again!
- Great People and food !loveDinnerDined on 10/11/2014Not only was the food great. Looking forward to sharing future occasions with the team at the steakhouse. In all , highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going backLoveGoodFoodDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food, great atmosphere, always welcoming. Joesph always greets us when we arrive. The bartender even knows our drinks even though we haven't been there in a few months. This is a great place for special occasions, but also great for a last minute dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversarysnoolgDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary with dinner at Joseph's Steakhouse in Hyde Park, NY. Our waiter, Michael, and the proprietor, Joseph, made us feel like one of the family. The food was great. Will be returning sooner than later.Special Features:
- Not as good as led to believeSheffDoggDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant came highly rated on Trip Advisor and we were let down. Everything was, at best, okay. Certainly not great, not top notch, nor a repeatable restaurant. It was just okay and a disappointment.
- A Birthday DinnerEatout45Dined on 10/9/2014This was our third dining experience at Joseph's. My husband said the prime rib was the best - melt in your mouth - delicious - medium rare as ordered. My sirloin steak ordered medium rare was well done so I sent it back and when it came out the second time it was more on the rare side than medium rare, but I didn't send it back again!! The flavor was delicious and both meals were big enough that we had enough to take some home for another meal. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak house worthy of a visitdocDDined on 10/8/2014On recent trip to Hyde Park we struck out at the Culinary Institute so looked for options. Joseph's had favorable TripAdvisor reviews so we gave it a try. It is one of those wonderful places where food, service and casual neighborhood feel come together in an eccentric mix. The steaks (what else would one order) were prepared in a direct, uncomplicated, manner and were succulent. Get the twice baked potato. Go with an open mind. It is fun.Special Features:
- Mixed bagDeeGDined on 10/7/2014Excellent short ribs, mediocre steak were enjoyed at a comfortable local restaurant with Manhattan prices. One man was host, waiter and bartender and had to explain what they did not have and how there would be up charges for substitutions to meet dietary limitations. Wine list adequate and unsampled desert tray and local ice creams a nice touch. Not many good choices in Hyde Park outside culinary institute, this one included.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Usually go for dinner, which is excellent, but went for brunch this time and it was also excellent, with three multi-course options available starting at only $17.Special Features:
- Cozy and comfortableYpsiLizDined on 10/1/2014I don't eat much steak, but when a friend in Michigan said, "oh, if you're going to be in Hyde Park, you simply MUST try this place," I made a reservation. We were greeted warmly. The service was a bit slow that even because of a staffing hiccup, but we got apologies and explanations. When the main course arrived, though, all of the other issues got swept away. The braised short ribs practically melted in my mouth. It had been cooked long in its own juices, and fell apart under my fork. I used my mashed potatoes to sop up every bit of the juices. My husband was also pleased with his prime rib. Our desserts were elegantly presented and well made. When you're in Hyde Park, go here. Be sure to ask the owner about the history of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my worst dining experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We waited 15 minutes from seating until we were given menus. The lack of service went down hill from there. After 1 hour we complained because salads still had not arrived. We were finally told that the computer system went down. Why wait a Full hour? After over 2 hours entrea arrived but not even complete. This was a huge disappointment. To top it all off there was never an apology for the poor service, no free drink/dessert. UNBELIEVABLESpecial Features:
- ExcellentellenDined on 9/27/2014Everything about our dinner at Joseph's was excellent! The food and the service were outstanding. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiree1Dined on 9/26/2014Food and service were outstanding. This was the second time our group dined here, and we were not disappointed. Wait staff were prompt and attentive, steaks were cooked to perfection. The only negative aspect was the lack of specials this evening, due to an expected "rush" of patrons due to parents' weekend at a local college. Definitely a gem of a restaurant and worth a visit.Special Features:
- Food was excellentSJBGDined on 9/15/2014In August attended with a 6 family members and enjoyed it so much we returned in September for my husband's birthday. Fine service and friendly staff. Would like to return on a non-speciel occation to try thier weekday offering of what looks like excellent Hambugers. They also have special events that look like fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem...NiceGyDined on 9/12/2014Coming up from the City for a weekend of mansion tours in Hyde Park, our first instinct was to dine at the Culinary Institute. Having obviously waited till too late to book a table there, I settled for Joseph's after perusing other choices online. We were not disappointed. The restaurant combines a casual atmosphere with first-class service and food, and the staff is obviously proud of their work and reputation.Special Features:
- Overpriced restaurant for me.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I read many reviews including the ones from TripAdvisor before I decided to have a quality lunch at this restaurant. It was Saturday afternoon and there was no none but us. The 24 oz. top round steak that was supposed to be enough for the family of 3 had little more 1 person portion after taking out the bone. Plus 2 extra baked potatoes came with $2 each. The total bill came out with almost 100 and all of us still were hungry. I would not go back to spend more than $100 after the tip and leave my family disappointed.Special Features:
- A TRUE SUPRISEWONDERFULDined on 8/29/2014IVE BEEN BY THE BULIDING MANY MANY TIMES, WE DECIDED TO TRY THIS PLACE OUT THIS PAST WEEKEND, FROM THE MOMENT YOU WALK IN ONE WILL NOTICE ALL THE DETAIL, THE INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL, WE WERE GREETED BY TONY AT THE BAR AREA, I PERSON I KNEW FROM LONG AGO AND HAD NOT SEEN IN MANY YEARS, THE WAITSTAFF CAME TO US QUICKLY AND SEATED US RIGHT AWAY, DRINKS WE ORDERED AND CAME RIGHT AWAY AND SPECIALS WERE EXPLAINED AS WELL. WE READ THE MENU AND HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STEAKS AND SIDES, OUR WAITERS WERE JOHN, MICHAEL AND ANOTHER GENTELMEN, I ASKED JOHN ABOUT THE DIFERANT CUTS OF BEEF AND HOW THEY WERE PREPARED, HE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS IN GREAT DETAIL, HE CERTANLY KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. WE HAD A WONDERFUL MEAL. WE WILL BE BACK 4 SURESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon Tea in Mid-Hudson ValleyLuvAftTDined on 8/23/2014As the name of the restaurant suggests, this is a steak restaurant. And this restaurant also serves Afternoon Tea only during lunch time on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Before my visit, I did not have a high expectation since I was disappointed with several places in Manhattan, New York City that serve Afternoon Tea. But to my surprise, Joseph's Steakhouse serves excellent Afternoon Tea. I am talking about Afternoon Tea with finger sandwiches, scones, and sweets served on dinner plates with a three-tiered tea stand! By the way, I had an excellent steak dinner at this restaurant on other occasion. But that is a separate review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.