Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
728 Violet Ave.
Hyde Park, NY 12538Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.josephs-steakhouse.com/#!
- Phone: 8454732333x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Chef Gilbert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private room for all occasions. Menus available.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room seats 120, can be divided in two rooms. Private bar and Dance Floor.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Wilson 8454732333x
- Entertainment: Murder Mystery Dinner Shows, Musical Shows, Comedy shows.
A word from Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
Joseph's Steakhouse specializes in Dry Aged Certified Angus Steaks. A Manhattan Style Steakhouse with a elegant touch. Located next to Val-Kill National Park in Historic Hyde Park. Joseph's Steakhouse is rate # 1 with 5 stars by Tripadvisor.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park - Best Restaurants in Hyde Park ›
Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (15)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- One of my worst dining experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We waited 15 minutes from seating until we were given menus. The lack of service went down hill from there. After 1 hour we complained because salads still had not arrived. We were finally told that the computer system went down. Why wait a Full hour? After over 2 hours entrea arrived but not even complete. This was a huge disappointment. To top it all off there was never an apology for the poor service, no free drink/dessert. UNBELIEVABLESpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Everything about our dinner at Joseph's was excellent! The food and the service were outstanding. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Food and service were outstanding. This was the second time our group dined here, and we were not disappointed. Wait staff were prompt and attentive, steaks were cooked to perfection. The only negative aspect was the lack of specials this evening, due to an expected "rush" of patrons due to parents' weekend at a local college. Definitely a gem of a restaurant and worth a visit.Special Features:
- Food was excellentSJBGDined on 9/15/2014In August attended with a 6 family members and enjoyed it so much we returned in September for my husband's birthday. Fine service and friendly staff. Would like to return on a non-speciel occation to try thier weekday offering of what looks like excellent Hambugers. They also have special events that look like fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem...NiceGyDined on 9/12/2014Coming up from the City for a weekend of mansion tours in Hyde Park, our first instinct was to dine at the Culinary Institute. Having obviously waited till too late to book a table there, I settled for Joseph's after perusing other choices online. We were not disappointed. The restaurant combines a casual atmosphere with first-class service and food, and the staff is obviously proud of their work and reputation.Special Features:
- Overpriced restaurant for me.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I read many reviews including the ones from TripAdvisor before I decided to have a quality lunch at this restaurant. It was Saturday afternoon and there was no none but us. The 24 oz. top round steak that was supposed to be enough for the family of 3 had little more 1 person portion after taking out the bone. Plus 2 extra baked potatoes came with $2 each. The total bill came out with almost 100 and all of us still were hungry. I would not go back to spend more than $100 after the tip and leave my family disappointed.Special Features:
- A TRUE SUPRISEWONDERFULDined on 8/29/2014IVE BEEN BY THE BULIDING MANY MANY TIMES, WE DECIDED TO TRY THIS PLACE OUT THIS PAST WEEKEND, FROM THE MOMENT YOU WALK IN ONE WILL NOTICE ALL THE DETAIL, THE INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL, WE WERE GREETED BY TONY AT THE BAR AREA, I PERSON I KNEW FROM LONG AGO AND HAD NOT SEEN IN MANY YEARS, THE WAITSTAFF CAME TO US QUICKLY AND SEATED US RIGHT AWAY, DRINKS WE ORDERED AND CAME RIGHT AWAY AND SPECIALS WERE EXPLAINED AS WELL. WE READ THE MENU AND HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STEAKS AND SIDES, OUR WAITERS WERE JOHN, MICHAEL AND ANOTHER GENTELMEN, I ASKED JOHN ABOUT THE DIFERANT CUTS OF BEEF AND HOW THEY WERE PREPARED, HE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS IN GREAT DETAIL, HE CERTANLY KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. WE HAD A WONDERFUL MEAL. WE WILL BE BACK 4 SURESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon Tea in Mid-Hudson ValleyLuvAftTDined on 8/23/2014As the name of the restaurant suggests, this is a steak restaurant. And this restaurant also serves Afternoon Tea only during lunch time on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Before my visit, I did not have a high expectation since I was disappointed with several places in Manhattan, New York City that serve Afternoon Tea. But to my surprise, Joseph's Steakhouse serves excellent Afternoon Tea. I am talking about Afternoon Tea with finger sandwiches, scones, and sweets served on dinner plates with a three-tiered tea stand! By the way, I had an excellent steak dinner at this restaurant on other occasion. But that is a separate review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/20/2014Very nice dinner. We both ordered the steaks and were delicious. My filet was a little over done. I ordered medium rare and it came closer to medium. The flavor was fabulous and the steak was tender and juicy so I didn't feel the need to send it back. The servers were helpful and professional and went above and beyond in answering our questions. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I had a T Bone steak that was not to good and not worth the price, my wife's filet was good and my daughter's shrimp scampi was at best ok.The service was very good because there was only one other table taken. We were taking my daughter to the CIA school and there restaurants were still closed so we could not attend, but that's were we will head next visit.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Maybe just caught them on a bad day. 2 of our dinners were excellent and the other 2 overcooked
- Great steaks in all sizeseddiemaidenDined on 8/11/2014We went on a Monday so the restaurant was not very full. The menu offers a grewt selection of appetisers and entrees. The restaurant is specialised in steaks which are of good quality and are nicely prepared upon specific request. The owner takes time to ask the guests present how the food is to get direct feedback. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled by appearancesDannytedDined on 8/9/2014We tried Joseph's Steakhouse due to its high ratings. The place is nothing much to look at on the outside. Upon entering, there is a lively bar scene and an overall plain decor. The food is excellent!! Main courses come with a house salad which you can upgrade to a Caesar, among others, which I recommend. The hanger steak I had was excellent, accompanied by fresh vegetables and my choice of Lyonnaise potatoes. My wife had a pork version of weiner schnitzel with red cabbage, which was also excellent. Wine list had a good range of choices and prices and the service was attentive. Highly recommended and we will return when we are back in that neck of the wood.Special Features:
- Surprise in backyardenjoying65Dined on 7/26/2014Have not been up to this part of Hyde Park in ages. Found Joseph's via Open Table and it sounded great for a Saturday lunch with friends. Did not disappoint. Food was excellent and our server Michael professional, friendly and helpful as we made choices. Fine dining in a comfortable setting. The men enjoyed their steaks and the ladies enjoyed the lobster that was so fresh it fell out of the shell. Thank you Michael for letting us know the lobsters just arrived. Overall a delightful experience. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Hyde ParkHydeParkBestDined on 7/9/2014Michael took excellent care of us. The cocktails are superb. The steaks were done to perfection with very little seasoning so you could really taste the steak
- Overpriced for average mealWoodsyLadyDined on 7/6/2014We had a fantastic waiter and he was very helpful and kind. However the food was very mediocre and the pricing was high.
- great food-great service-great timeeavjmsDined on 6/28/2014What a fantastic dining experience. We started with mussels fradiavalo and fried calamari both were out of this world. The beef barley soup was the best we ever had. My husband had the 24oz steak and it was cooked too perfection, tender and tasted fabulous. I had rigatoni bologenese and that was also fabulous. Our server Michael was wonderful.. He wad very helpful was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Father's Day Dinnermymy44Dined on 6/14/2014Great meal! I had the hanger steak and my husband had the rib eye, with mashed sweet potatoes and asparagas. Service was very attentive and the background music was just right. Love this place!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Nice surpriseWeekenedDined on 6/14/2014We were up in Hyde Park over the weekened for Annerivery . I picked the stake house for our special dinner. We both had stakes. They both were tender and very tastey. If we lived close it would be come one favorite place to dinne out. The staff was very attendtive . Good pick wines from the list. I must try!Special Features:
- Don't be fooledhappycustomerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Don't be fooled by the general ambience and clientele at Joe's. While most are dressed for the occasion, Joe's is very much a kid friendly establishment. My family and I have been there several times, and since the very first visit, Joe will be the first to come to your table, greet the kids, get them coloring books or whatever they need and offer ice cream for after dinner. The food is great, the staff more so, and the ambience is for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park reviews archive.
- A gem!LindafromPortlandDined on 5/25/2014We made reservations to celebrate our son's college graduation. From the outside we weren't sure but walked in to a lovely restaurant with truly delicious food and our server Michael was wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceHungryJackDined on 5/25/2014The steaks were the best and so was the apple crisp dessert. Joseph's is on list as a place to return to. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!nyracballerDined on 5/23/2014While the dining area is not that of a NY steakhouse the quality of the food that comes out the kitchen is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 Mother's DayMothersDay2014Dined on 5/11/2014Owners and staff are very polite. The food is good with fair pricing. We went on Mother's Day 2014 with reservations for the evening. Service was very slow, even though the restaurant was about 3/4 full at the time. The wait staff was professional and worked very hard, so the wait was understandable. The owner did make rounds at each table to welcome everybody and to wish the moms a happy Mother's Day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We have been there several times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We had a very enjoyable time at Joseph"s. There were four of us. The food was delicious and the service was great. Very friendly waiter who added to the enjoyment of the evening. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special evening out or just for a regular dinner out. Either way, you will enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LoveDined on 4/20/2014The steak was delicious and so was the mashed potatoes! Joseph was very friendly and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014absolutely delicious...wonderful dining experience...outstanding service...will definitely come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014My family and I went for dinner. The food was great from aged stake to a tea and an ice cream for dessert. The food was good quality. The Frank Sinatra music was creating a nice atmosphere for having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhousemomofthreeDined on 3/30/2014Outside of NYC, Joseph's is one of the best steakhouses in the state. Excellent service and food - highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly kid-friendlySizzlineDined on 3/25/2014Upon first entering, the impression is of a classy steakhouse. The food does not disappoint; everything was delicious. The real star of this restaurant is the people that own it and work here, however. I dined with my parents, husband, and our two children. The owner was there, and between him and our waiter, my children were positively catered to. They brought out paper and big box of crayons for our 4 year old, then brought her ice cream when she did a good job with her dinner (after asking our permission, of course). They talked and joked with us, and made us feel incredibly welcome and taken care of. I would eat at Joseph's again in a heartbeat, and will be recommending them to all of our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My MyTheBatsDined on 3/23/2014A Great Neighborhood Gym, Hidden in Hide Park on 9G. Took my lady there for her Birthday and she loved it. We en joyed a bottle of white wine[Yes, with a steak dinner] that was surprisingly very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Steak House MealSraQDined on 3/22/2014Dined during Restaurant Week. Menu was more extensive than many others, heavy on meat. They were out of our first choice, so we had Prime Rib. It was well prepared and delicious, as were the Mussels that we had for an appetizer, though they could have used a little more "zip" in the sauce. We had an opportunity to see the regular menu as well, which is pricey, so may not be going back, though we enjoyed our meal. To be fair, we would probably not go back anyway, as we usually go for a more varied and innovative menu. But, if you are a meat lover, give it a try. Service was very slow at first, but did improve during the meal.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Really appreciate all the main courses offered for restaurant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointe3ddisappointedDined on 3/21/2014I have eaten here before but was very disappointed with the service and the food. We felt very rushed throughout the mealo and the food was not up to its usual standard.Special Features:
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Food was okay, but not exceptional for the price. I probably would not go back.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining Experience!Deb1760201Dined on 3/15/2014We had an absolutely amazing dining experience at Joseph's Steakhouse! The food was phenomenal and the service was outstanding! We will definitely be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceitslaurneyDined on 3/15/2014Booked a table for 14 people including three kids. They gave us the entire back room to ourselves and made it very pretty. It was so nice having the room because the kids could just run around. The staff was very nice.Special Features:
- nice!!!hellokuttoDined on 3/1/2014Went for a post valentine's dinner had a great time, food was the best, had a fillet mignon and it was very good, wasn't dry lots of flavor, will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night with grandson and girl friendJEK4dineDined on 3/1/2014Our party was was met with pleasant and efficient server. The drinks and food was delivered in a timely manner and was excellent. We plan to visit again and try the German dishes on the menu. We would and will recommend your restaurant to our friends. I particularly liked the hot skillets which the food nice and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.