Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
728 Violet Ave.
Hyde Park, NY 12538Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.josephs-steakhouse.com/#!
- Phone: 8454732333x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Chef Gilbert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private room for all occasions. Menus available.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room seats 120, can be divided in two rooms. Private bar and Dance Floor.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Wilson 8454732333x
- Entertainment: Murder Mystery Dinner Shows, Musical Shows, Comedy shows.
A word from Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park
Joseph's Steakhouse specializes in Dry Aged Certified Angus Steaks. A Manhattan Style Steakhouse with a elegant touch. Located next to Val-Kill National Park in Historic Hyde Park. Joseph's Steakhouse is rate # 1 with 5 stars by Tripadvisor.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (22)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)romantic (15)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- GjavDined on 10/16/2014Restaurant had really good reviews and it lived up to every word. Food and service was excellant and prices were reasonable. Great little local spot.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealJoeADined on 10/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Joseph's Steakhouse. The staff was courteous and professional. Our meal (we both had different cuts of steaks) was exceptional. They have a nice wine list and many good wines by the glass. We even shared a great dessert- turtle cheesecake. I would highly recommend. It doesn't look like anything special from the outside but it was wonderful where it counts- the inside.Special Features:
- Dinner with the gangOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Food and service was very good. The group enjoyed the cozyness and ambience of the steakhouse. I dined there last year so I recommended it to my friends for this year. Ps. great bread!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceTOUGHCRITICDined on 10/11/2014We had a 7:30 reservation on a Saturday night and waited about 15 minutes to be seated but, not surprising since they were VERY busy. We had an awesome appetizer (escargot) and the bread served was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and professional. The aged rib eye for two was one of the best I've ever had, well prepared and very flavorful. Most impressive was a young lady that presented us with dessert tray options. She was personable, attentive and made the end of our meal warm and friendly. The coffee and dessert was fantastic. I would highly recommend a visit when you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServicechefpaulDined on 10/11/2014The service was so slow - over an hour between courses - that we couldn't enjoy the meal when it came. We were just tired of waiting and asking when our entree was coming and repeatedly being told that it was "next up", it was "being plated now". Would not return.Special Features:
- Great food expensive,slow service.InkpusherDined on 10/11/2014Made a reservation online. Got there 5 minutes early. Had to wait 20 minutes after our reserved time. Waiter was really busy, running around. Showed up 10 minutes after being seated. Took order. Another 15 minutes before we got our soup. Meal showed up finally after another 20 minues. Decided not to have desert, who knows how long that would take! Another 15 minutes to get check! Food was great, but, nobody should have to sit for almost 2 hours from entering the building to leaving. Put tip on card. Checked card account next day & they gave a bigger tip to waiter than I approved! I gave 15%, they gave him 20%! It would take something special to get me to go again!
- Great People and food !loveDinnerDined on 10/11/2014Not only was the food great. Looking forward to sharing future occasions with the team at the steakhouse. In all , highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going backLoveGoodFoodDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food, great atmosphere, always welcoming. Joesph always greets us when we arrive. The bartender even knows our drinks even though we haven't been there in a few months. This is a great place for special occasions, but also great for a last minute dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversarysnoolgDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary with dinner at Joseph's Steakhouse in Hyde Park, NY. Our waiter, Michael, and the proprietor, Joseph, made us feel like one of the family. The food was great. Will be returning sooner than later.Special Features:
- Not as good as led to believeSheffDoggDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant came highly rated on Trip Advisor and we were let down. Everything was, at best, okay. Certainly not great, not top notch, nor a repeatable restaurant. It was just okay and a disappointment.
- A Birthday DinnerEatout45Dined on 10/9/2014This was our third dining experience at Joseph's. My husband said the prime rib was the best - melt in your mouth - delicious - medium rare as ordered. My sirloin steak ordered medium rare was well done so I sent it back and when it came out the second time it was more on the rare side than medium rare, but I didn't send it back again!! The flavor was delicious and both meals were big enough that we had enough to take some home for another meal. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak house worthy of a visitdocDDined on 10/8/2014On recent trip to Hyde Park we struck out at the Culinary Institute so looked for options. Joseph's had favorable TripAdvisor reviews so we gave it a try. It is one of those wonderful places where food, service and casual neighborhood feel come together in an eccentric mix. The steaks (what else would one order) were prepared in a direct, uncomplicated, manner and were succulent. Get the twice baked potato. Go with an open mind. It is fun.Special Features:
- Mixed bagDeeGDined on 10/7/2014Excellent short ribs, mediocre steak were enjoyed at a comfortable local restaurant with Manhattan prices. One man was host, waiter and bartender and had to explain what they did not have and how there would be up charges for substitutions to meet dietary limitations. Wine list adequate and unsampled desert tray and local ice creams a nice touch. Not many good choices in Hyde Park outside culinary institute, this one included.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Usually go for dinner, which is excellent, but went for brunch this time and it was also excellent, with three multi-course options available starting at only $17.Special Features:
- Cozy and comfortableYpsiLizDined on 10/1/2014I don't eat much steak, but when a friend in Michigan said, "oh, if you're going to be in Hyde Park, you simply MUST try this place," I made a reservation. We were greeted warmly. The service was a bit slow that even because of a staffing hiccup, but we got apologies and explanations. When the main course arrived, though, all of the other issues got swept away. The braised short ribs practically melted in my mouth. It had been cooked long in its own juices, and fell apart under my fork. I used my mashed potatoes to sop up every bit of the juices. My husband was also pleased with his prime rib. Our desserts were elegantly presented and well made. When you're in Hyde Park, go here. Be sure to ask the owner about the history of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my worst dining experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We waited 15 minutes from seating until we were given menus. The lack of service went down hill from there. After 1 hour we complained because salads still had not arrived. We were finally told that the computer system went down. Why wait a Full hour? After over 2 hours entrea arrived but not even complete. This was a huge disappointment. To top it all off there was never an apology for the poor service, no free drink/dessert. UNBELIEVABLESpecial Features:
- ExcellentellenDined on 9/27/2014Everything about our dinner at Joseph's was excellent! The food and the service were outstanding. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiree1Dined on 9/26/2014Food and service were outstanding. This was the second time our group dined here, and we were not disappointed. Wait staff were prompt and attentive, steaks were cooked to perfection. The only negative aspect was the lack of specials this evening, due to an expected "rush" of patrons due to parents' weekend at a local college. Definitely a gem of a restaurant and worth a visit.Special Features:
- Food was excellentSJBGDined on 9/15/2014In August attended with a 6 family members and enjoyed it so much we returned in September for my husband's birthday. Fine service and friendly staff. Would like to return on a non-speciel occation to try thier weekday offering of what looks like excellent Hambugers. They also have special events that look like fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem...NiceGyDined on 9/12/2014Coming up from the City for a weekend of mansion tours in Hyde Park, our first instinct was to dine at the Culinary Institute. Having obviously waited till too late to book a table there, I settled for Joseph's after perusing other choices online. We were not disappointed. The restaurant combines a casual atmosphere with first-class service and food, and the staff is obviously proud of their work and reputation.Special Features:
- Overpriced restaurant for me.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I read many reviews including the ones from TripAdvisor before I decided to have a quality lunch at this restaurant. It was Saturday afternoon and there was no none but us. The 24 oz. top round steak that was supposed to be enough for the family of 3 had little more 1 person portion after taking out the bone. Plus 2 extra baked potatoes came with $2 each. The total bill came out with almost 100 and all of us still were hungry. I would not go back to spend more than $100 after the tip and leave my family disappointed.Special Features:
- A TRUE SUPRISEWONDERFULDined on 8/29/2014IVE BEEN BY THE BULIDING MANY MANY TIMES, WE DECIDED TO TRY THIS PLACE OUT THIS PAST WEEKEND, FROM THE MOMENT YOU WALK IN ONE WILL NOTICE ALL THE DETAIL, THE INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL, WE WERE GREETED BY TONY AT THE BAR AREA, I PERSON I KNEW FROM LONG AGO AND HAD NOT SEEN IN MANY YEARS, THE WAITSTAFF CAME TO US QUICKLY AND SEATED US RIGHT AWAY, DRINKS WE ORDERED AND CAME RIGHT AWAY AND SPECIALS WERE EXPLAINED AS WELL. WE READ THE MENU AND HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STEAKS AND SIDES, OUR WAITERS WERE JOHN, MICHAEL AND ANOTHER GENTELMEN, I ASKED JOHN ABOUT THE DIFERANT CUTS OF BEEF AND HOW THEY WERE PREPARED, HE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS IN GREAT DETAIL, HE CERTANLY KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. WE HAD A WONDERFUL MEAL. WE WILL BE BACK 4 SURESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon Tea in Mid-Hudson ValleyLuvAftTDined on 8/23/2014As the name of the restaurant suggests, this is a steak restaurant. And this restaurant also serves Afternoon Tea only during lunch time on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Before my visit, I did not have a high expectation since I was disappointed with several places in Manhattan, New York City that serve Afternoon Tea. But to my surprise, Joseph's Steakhouse serves excellent Afternoon Tea. I am talking about Afternoon Tea with finger sandwiches, scones, and sweets served on dinner plates with a three-tiered tea stand! By the way, I had an excellent steak dinner at this restaurant on other occasion. But that is a separate review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/20/2014Very nice dinner. We both ordered the steaks and were delicious. My filet was a little over done. I ordered medium rare and it came closer to medium. The flavor was fabulous and the steak was tender and juicy so I didn't feel the need to send it back. The servers were helpful and professional and went above and beyond in answering our questions. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I had a T Bone steak that was not to good and not worth the price, my wife's filet was good and my daughter's shrimp scampi was at best ok.The service was very good because there was only one other table taken. We were taking my daughter to the CIA school and there restaurants were still closed so we could not attend, but that's were we will head next visit.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Maybe just caught them on a bad day. 2 of our dinners were excellent and the other 2 overcooked
- Great steaks in all sizeseddiemaidenDined on 8/11/2014We went on a Monday so the restaurant was not very full. The menu offers a grewt selection of appetisers and entrees. The restaurant is specialised in steaks which are of good quality and are nicely prepared upon specific request. The owner takes time to ask the guests present how the food is to get direct feedback. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled by appearancesDannytedDined on 8/9/2014We tried Joseph's Steakhouse due to its high ratings. The place is nothing much to look at on the outside. Upon entering, there is a lively bar scene and an overall plain decor. The food is excellent!! Main courses come with a house salad which you can upgrade to a Caesar, among others, which I recommend. The hanger steak I had was excellent, accompanied by fresh vegetables and my choice of Lyonnaise potatoes. My wife had a pork version of weiner schnitzel with red cabbage, which was also excellent. Wine list had a good range of choices and prices and the service was attentive. Highly recommended and we will return when we are back in that neck of the wood.Special Features:
- Surprise in backyardenjoying65VIPDined on 7/26/2014Have not been up to this part of Hyde Park in ages. Found Joseph's via Open Table and it sounded great for a Saturday lunch with friends. Did not disappoint. Food was excellent and our server Michael professional, friendly and helpful as we made choices. Fine dining in a comfortable setting. The men enjoyed their steaks and the ladies enjoyed the lobster that was so fresh it fell out of the shell. Thank you Michael for letting us know the lobsters just arrived. Overall a delightful experience. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Hyde ParkHydeParkBestDined on 7/9/2014Michael took excellent care of us. The cocktails are superb. The steaks were done to perfection with very little seasoning so you could really taste the steak
- Overpriced for average mealWoodsyLadyDined on 7/6/2014We had a fantastic waiter and he was very helpful and kind. However the food was very mediocre and the pricing was high.
- great food-great service-great timeeavjmsDined on 6/28/2014What a fantastic dining experience. We started with mussels fradiavalo and fried calamari both were out of this world. The beef barley soup was the best we ever had. My husband had the 24oz steak and it was cooked too perfection, tender and tasted fabulous. I had rigatoni bologenese and that was also fabulous. Our server Michael was wonderful.. He wad very helpful was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 79 reviews are from the Joseph's Steakhouse - Hyde Park reviews archive.
- Pre Father's Day Dinnermymy44Dined on 6/14/2014Great meal! I had the hanger steak and my husband had the rib eye, with mashed sweet potatoes and asparagas. Service was very attentive and the background music was just right. Love this place!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Nice surpriseWeekenedDined on 6/14/2014We were up in Hyde Park over the weekened for Annerivery . I picked the stake house for our special dinner. We both had stakes. They both were tender and very tastey. If we lived close it would be come one favorite place to dinne out. The staff was very attendtive . Good pick wines from the list. I must try!Special Features:
- Don't be fooledhappycustomerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Don't be fooled by the general ambience and clientele at Joe's. While most are dressed for the occasion, Joe's is very much a kid friendly establishment. My family and I have been there several times, and since the very first visit, Joe will be the first to come to your table, greet the kids, get them coloring books or whatever they need and offer ice cream for after dinner. The food is great, the staff more so, and the ambience is for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!LindafromPortlandDined on 5/25/2014We made reservations to celebrate our son's college graduation. From the outside we weren't sure but walked in to a lovely restaurant with truly delicious food and our server Michael was wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceHungryJackDined on 5/25/2014The steaks were the best and so was the apple crisp dessert. Joseph's is on list as a place to return to. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!nyracballerDined on 5/23/2014While the dining area is not that of a NY steakhouse the quality of the food that comes out the kitchen is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 Mother's DayMothersDay2014Dined on 5/11/2014Owners and staff are very polite. The food is good with fair pricing. We went on Mother's Day 2014 with reservations for the evening. Service was very slow, even though the restaurant was about 3/4 full at the time. The wait staff was professional and worked very hard, so the wait was understandable. The owner did make rounds at each table to welcome everybody and to wish the moms a happy Mother's Day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We have been there several times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.