Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
72 N. Bremen Avenue
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.renaultwinery.com/
- Phone: 6099652111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph DeGennaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Anne milza 6099652111
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights
A word from Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery
Joseph’s Restaurant, the gourmet room located within the Tuscany House. Guests of Joseph’s Restaurant take a culinary trip to Italy as Executive Chef Joseph DeGennaro prepares an extraordinary menu unique to southern New Jersey. Joseph’s also features a full service bar composed of actual wine casks. The eye-catching bar offers a wide selection of liquors and imported wines from Italy and France, as well as a variety of flavored martinis. On the weekends, Joseph’s Restaurant presents live entertainment for guests’ enjoyment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery - Best Restaurants in Egg Harbor ›
Joseph's Restaurant at Renault Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)notable wine list (34)good for groups (28)romantic (27)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (19)scenic view (14)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Joseph's is offers a vineyard ambience with a touch of European styling. The bar is spacious, there is a large banquet room in the back. The main dining area was open and a tad noisy for a one-on-one conversation. Food was good. Service was friendly and attentive. I will return and also recommend for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luistav1106Dined on 9/13/2014Everything about Joseph's Restaurant was great the only complain I would say is that the food took at least 30 minutes to an hour to get to our table. But it was worth the wait because the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad. The whole experience coupled with the tour and tasting was worth it.nice staff bit not super attentive. Well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickVIPDined on 9/4/2014First time at Joseph's and pleasantly surprised. Waitress was very welcoming and knowledgable. I had flounder which was cooked to perfection. My wife and guests had various other meals and were very complimentary.Special Features:
- MargatianDined on 9/2/2014Tuesday night was dead; meal was not the best that I have had here. But its a go to place for a descent moderately pried meal and we will returnSpecial Features:
- Not crazy for this placesarahsmileDined on 8/29/2014We loved the live music. The workers were friendly. The salad was AMAZING. However, our waiter did not attend to us much after offering us wine. My husband had a special: steak and shrimp. The steak was mealy and the shrimp were burnt. When we sent the meal back, we were not compensated or even approached by a manager. Whatever. I just wish the meal did not cost us $40. I had the special as well: pasta, which I enjoyed.
- Vino Buono!BelloDined on 8/24/2014Loved the wine list and Renault wines made on the premises! Had the Paiea......nice portion, very good mix of pasta, shrimp, sausage, chicken and mussels! Service was great! Would come again!Special Features:
- Eat ElsewhereMitch63Dined on 8/24/2014Our waiter while pleasant was not the best. We started with an appetizer & bottle of champagne. Two of our four glasses were filthy, covered in spots and dried crud. Disgusting. Unless he was blind they should have never been given to us, although they were replaced promptly when asked. There was a fly that would not leave our table which was very unpleasant. At this point we were honestly a bit worried about the overall cleanliness of the place. My friend ordered a hamburger for lunch which was raw. It had to be sent back to the kitchen, completely not edible. The resaurant was pretty much empty and we still needed to hunt down our waiter to remind him of drink refills that never came. There wasn't enough wine to make that meal pleasant.
- terrific foodpbrownVIPDined on 8/22/2014great restaurant and winery. The winery tour was fantastic and the food was perfect for our after tour luncheon.Special Features:
- luv2dineoutVIPDined on 8/18/2014This is a very nicely appointed restaurant. It is more casual in the bar area with nice views of their golf course. The main dining room area is comfortable and a little more formal. We enjoyed our lunch very much. Our server was very friendly and attentive and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingapultraclassicVIPDined on 8/10/2014Joseph's has an old time feel to it. Dark, warm wood ambience that is very relaxing. The food was very good and our server, Kathleen was excellent. The portions were quite large and the prices were about average for a restaurant of this type. The location is a little out of the way. But worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so glad I made a reservation!AlwayzDDDined on 8/9/2014I reserved a table earlier that day for a late dinner. We happened to go on a wine festival day which was a bonus for us but it was extremely crowded. We ordered the special for the evening and it was delicious. My husband got the crab cake appy abd he said they were about the best he has ever had! All in all it was a great experience and we had a really great server too! 5 stars from me and I had to drive an hour to get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Not bad but nothing outstanding. The waitress brought us bread and olive when we were almost finished with our meal, after we asked for it. Also asked for more sauce for appetizer and than never brought it.Special Features:
- Amazing!DuckieDined on 8/9/2014The food, the atmosphere, the service were all on point and excellent. Great wine list and desserts also. We had a reservation at 7:30 and the table was ready immediately without a wait. I can not wait to go back and already recommended it to friends. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKPhlgrl53Dined on 8/9/2014Service was very good. However, food was just okay. Somewhat flavorless. Ordered soup, a burger, and the pulled pork sandwich and none of it was very memorable. Additionally, the area where our table was located was not very clean. There were someone else's french fries on the floor next to the table when we were seated, and it didn't look like the table had been wiped very well.
- Good and Not So GoodLoisDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten here before and our only complaints were length of time to dine. Long waits between courses. This meal we both had the shrimp and crab cocktail which went from a nice portion and presentation to miniscule. Three shrimp and a few shreds of crab. My serving was on a bed of half over the hill greens. Our entrees were very good and there are vegetarian and gluten free options. We shared a dessert as my husband's paella was so delicious he ate it all. The dessert was not very exciting-homemade leaden pastry tart with sweetened fruit and ice cream. Not worth the calories. He had coffee and I had iced coffee. For some reason mine was in a smaller cup which we couldn't comprehend. Even the coffee mugs seem to have shrunk in size!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph's is a special place...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2014We have dined at Joseph's for dinner and breakfast or lunch annually for the last several years. The food has always been very good to outstanding and the service the same. The only thing that keeps us from giving all 5's on this review is that the kitchen "lost" our order and it took more than twice as long as it should have before we got our entrees. The cook had at first refused to give me brown butter for my lobster, but relented in the end, 40 minutes too late. Could my request and the delay have been related? passive aggressive possibly. Our server, however, Dave S., was OUTSTANDING and we loved the sax player.Special Features:
- What a Wonderful TreatGreenBottomzDined on 7/27/2014I came in a group of four for the wine tasting and lunch. This restaurant is not far at all (although we drove over). It has such charm and we really felt like we were somewhere else. Above and beyond the ambiance inside and out, everything we had was wonderful. The food was fit for a foodie! I will definitely come back. We had the best time. I will say, I gave them four stars because our waitress was not really nice until she saw her tip. We tipped her well, based on the food / experience... not that she was particularly warm to us.Special Features:
- Great restaurant-very EuropeanStanVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food is great and has an atmosphere of Europe -Many fine choices of food and wine -we will certainly return-Great place for a wedding or special eventSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger with a side of flies...NF1021Dined on 7/26/2014I have never seen so many flies around my table in a restaurant setting ever before. We spent our entire meal swatting away at them so that we could try to eat in peace, but eventually our food was no longer appetizing after several flies made their way onto the dishes. The reviews I'd read led me to believe this was a great choice for a dining experience after the winery tour. Despite a slight mix up when paying our bill, the service was good. However, had I known this would be our dining experience, we would have saved ourselves the hassle and enjoyed a meal elsewhere.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We had a delicious dinner at Joseph's. The service was wonderful. We will be back when we stay at Tuscan House Hotel again.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLovewineDined on 7/20/2014The servers were great and very nice, food was amazing and very fresh and the place itself is beautiful and very peaceful. I would definitely recommend to friends and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Delicious wineCookieMonster88Dined on 7/20/2014After visiting Renault winery, we felt it was best to end the afternoon with a delicious lunch. Joseph's gave us that, plus some. The food was good, the restaurant was clean, and the service was attentive. We will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine & DineYummyDined on 7/19/2014Joseph's was a nice dining experience after touring the Renault Winery across the street. Each of our entrees (party of 4) was excellent. Our waitress was fun! We enjoyed a wine from the tour tasting with the cheese plate appetizer. Yum! The Groupon we had for the tour/dinner was an excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchMmmmmDined on 7/19/2014We purchased a groupon for the winery tour and dining credit. The menu is small, but has something for everyone. Our server was great and the food was good. I read some bad reviews online, but I would recommend this restaurant. We had a great day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice stop after wine tastingwineanddineDined on 7/13/2014We have been to this restaurant twice, both after wine tasting. We had lunch there, which was nice and loved the crab cakes. We went recently for dinner and had two nice dishes. The saffron infused broth with shrimp was wonderful. It would have been nice to bring the bottle of wine we got at the wine tasting instead of buying two glasses of wine, but all in all it was a good meal. The groupon was very helpful toward the meal total.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The service was a little slow, except for one server we had in particular who gave us great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Disappointed with entire experience not the same experience had been there a year ago.
- Great FindNYcoupleDined on 7/6/2014The food here is amazing. It was decorated nicely but some of the tables gave me a diner feel. I was looking for something a little more dressy, but I quickly overlooked that when the waiter came around. He was very knowledgeable about the collection of wines as well as the menu. The bread and appetizer came out promptly. We ordered mussels which were delicious. Dinner was also extremely satisfying, I recommend the surf and turf. Halfway through the meal a large party was seated near my table. They were loud but my girlfriend and I didn't mind the noise. Still, the wait staff was very apologetic which was nice. We ate here because the gourmet restaurant was closed this night, but we're very happy with the meal and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.Baker123Dined on 7/6/2014I had salmon which was delicious. It was very delicate, not dry, and had a slight crust on bottom. I heard te folks st the next table also complimenting the chef. Breakfast the next day was excellent too. One note: the bread served prior to dinner was very dry and too crunchy, like eating croutons. I enjoyed the wine, my choice was the award winning New Jersey red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzyDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful restaurant. Good food. Great place to have a reunion.Special Features:
- DisappointedjojoDined on 7/5/2014We have dined at this restaurant many times and were not disappointed until this last time. I ordered the eggplant rollatini with spaghetti. It came with a bowl full of spaghetti with LOTS of thick sauce and eggplant just put on top. This dish looks better at my local pizzeria. They certainly could make the presentation a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DHU414Dined on 7/4/2014Excellent food! Everything we ate was incredible. The staff was very friendly and great ambiance. Loved the piano player too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!TiggeyeDined on 7/3/2014The dining room could use a little updating, tables and carpets are worn.Special Features:
- terrific wineryHLMNeptune07753Dined on 6/28/2014awesome place my first time going great all aroundSpecial Features:
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014The guys played a round of golf and said it was a beautiful course and we'll maintained. Food, wine and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryfonduefunDined on 6/21/2014Went to Josephs for an anniversary dinner. The food was absolutely amazing and the servers were attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageFirechiefDined on 6/17/2014Food was about normal for the price. Service was a bit lacking and unprofessional, but overall if I was in the area I'd eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chipperDined on 6/15/2014sorry to say BUT poor lunch menu,no bread served until requested,long time getting food
- Another good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014There was an excellent guitarist on Saturday night.the food was very good and the service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.