1606 S. 8th St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80905Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://josephsdining.com/
- Phone: 7196303631x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am-2pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joseph's Dining
Casual dining at its finest, featuring both American and Continental cuisine. Within the inviting fireside setting, indulge in such classics as "The Famous Pepper Steak Flambé" and Caesar Salad made from Joseph’s own secret recipe.Continued
Open for Lunch (Mon-Fri 11-2pm) & Dinner (Mon-Sat 5-9pm) w/Full bar available; All major credit cards accepted.
Open for Lunch (Mon-Fri 11-2pm) & Dinner (Mon-Sat 5-9pm) w/Full bar available; All major credit cards accepted.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Joseph's Dining - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Joseph's Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (23)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (5)good for groups (5)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DaveDined on 8/9/2014Very much enjoyed the cooking at tableside and the taste of the food. The crab stuffed fish and lamb were remarkable. Wonderful presentation!!!! I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in Colorado SpringsBilboDined on 7/29/2014The food was excellent and the personal service by the owner, Joseph was great! Ingredients were all fresh and well prepared. This restaurant compares favorably with the ones in Paris! Try the flambé spinach salad. What a spectacular way to start your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience at Joseph's!FoodeezDined on 7/9/2014We found this amazing little spot online when searching for fine dining. We had children with us but they are well behaved and dine with us often. The outside appearance looked to be an old Pizza Hut but they did a nice job of decorating inside. They are also in the process of building across the street and should be in by Aug. It was quaint and quiet. Joseph did all the flambé at the table himself and is very friendly. The food was amazing and they did special dishes for the kids that were also loved. I would definitely recommend Joseph's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSullyDined on 7/8/2014We had the Living Social deal, so ordered from that menu. My chowder was good, my husband didn't care much for the vegetable soup. I really liked the chicken Madiera, as it had gravy and mushrooms, and I love asparagus. My husband had the pork tenderloin, it was just OK. A little tough, he thought, and he does not like asparagus at all. I am not much of a cheesecake fan, but like raspberries and caramel, so my cheesecake was OK, my husband actually liked the chocolate mousse, so the meal, which cost us $85 with coupon and drinks, etc., was just OK. Would have had a better meal at Red lobster for less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!StuartDined on 7/5/2014Joseph' has been on our list of restaurants to try in the Springs, but it was lower on the list based on Yelp and other online sites. I wish we hadn't waited so long. Although the decor is a bit dated, I can't remember having better food and the service was top notch. I had the pepper steak and my wife had the scallops and we were amazed at how good our food was. We would definately recommend Joseph's and we can't wait for our next date night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find for out of townersHungryhippoDined on 7/3/2014I went here for my boyfriends birthday. The food was amazing. You can tell it's a family run business which makes it that much more charming. The owner is seen personally cooking table side dishes at the table which is a nice touch. If I ever go back to Colorado Springs, you will find me here. The crab cakes, filets, and banana foster were all to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TrudeDined on 6/19/2014The food is excellent from appetizers to dessert. We enjoy the ambiance of this restaurant, the variety in the menu, and the attention and care given to us as we dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingColoradoHikerDined on 5/19/2014I don't eat dairy, so specifically asked about that when ordering. Eventually, the waiter returned and said, "I'm sorry, that dish has dairy in it. Could we substitute the fettucine?" So I thought I would get my requested seafood dish with fettucine instead of the original pasta. When my food arrived, I kept searching for the seafood, but no luck. It was pasta, veggies and sauce. Not sure why the waiter didn't bring back the menu and let me order something different. The dish was good, but kind of overpriced. My friend liked her food. We had a restaurant.com coupon, which I handed over when he brought the check. Then he forgot to deduct it from the bill and we had to wait for him to return to our table so we could ask for a re-calculation.
- Wonderful Experience...........luvseafoodatJoesphsDined on 5/16/2014I took my grandson as a special outing for his birthday. This kid has got hollow legs and no matter what is hungry. He commented to me how he was full for the first time in a long time and he kept saying how impressed he was with everything. I loved the food and atmosphere. A little pricy for every day outings but wonderful for special occasions. I highly recommend Joseph's..................Special Features:
- Delicious food!CharlieBDined on 5/13/2014The food is always very, very good, with fresh ingredients and great quality. This is a favorite place for a ladies' lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DivineDiningDined on 5/10/2014We go there quite a bit because we know the food and service will always be fantastic. It's a fine dining experience that's quiet and unrushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph's Fine DiningJcanDined on 5/9/2014The ambiance was amazing, relaxing, and friendly. The service was friendly and timely and very thoughtful about my gluten allergy. This fancy, upscale restaurant is definitely a place I would want to go to again. To be honest, my boyfriend and I LOVED this place! I almost couldn't pull him away from his food to talk for even a second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CharlieBDined on 4/28/2014Everyone in our party had the Coconut Shrimp Salad. The greens were fresh, the shrimp some of the best coconut shrimp that I have ever eaten, and the salad dressing is addictive. The dessert--3 layers of chocolate and whipped cream--was to die for. This is a lovely place for a ladies' lunch or for a special occasion dinner. I have never had a poor meal at Joseph's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 301 reviews are from the Joseph's Dining reviews archive.
- Still fantasticpeterblissDined on 4/19/2014We ate here in February and came back for a great Saturday night foodie fest. We believe the lamb chops with the rosemary/mint reduction sauce are the best around. Desserts are always special. The staff is wonderful. Can't wait for their new restaurant under construction. This is an upscale establishment with all the amenities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualMarkDined on 4/9/2014I dine at Joseph's at least three times a year and I'm rarely disappointed. The fish dishes are excellent and the steaks are always good. Servers are attentive without being overbearing and the prices are good.Special Features:
- Colorado Springs GemWinDinDined on 4/4/2014A trip to Colorado Springs just would not be the same without going to Joseph's. Wonderful food and ambiance. Personable staff. It is great that Chef comes out to meet and greet. Presentation a spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oksandyDined on 3/29/2014The food was great but the service lacked as the evening progressed. By the end, the servers were no where to be found. Just left the payment on the table and walked out. Disappointing :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First Time Experience!JohnDined on 3/14/2014This was the first time we visited Joseph's and will definitely be back. The food was absolutely fa-nominal!! As for the outer appearance, this place can definitely fall under the old adage "Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover". The decor could use some updating but we found out they are moving directly across the street in August 2014 with a brand new building in the works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRick59Dined on 3/14/2014The overall experience was outstanding. The food and atmosphere was excellantSpecial Features:
- fantasticJaneDined on 2/15/2014From the moment we arrived, everything was wonderful - the hostess, the table, the wine, the waitstaff, the dinner. Our meals were amazing - I had salmon and my husband had the pepper steak, which Joseph himself cooked beside our table. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total ExperienceCOBenksDined on 2/15/2014From the moment you are greeted at the door you will notice this is a place focused on customer service. This was our second visit and it was a real treat. Our server was extremely knowledgable, provided us with wonderful recommendations and delivered us food that not only flavorful but the plating was very artistic. We thoroughly enjoy our experiences at Joseph's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to support local business, butLisaMVIPDined on 2/14/2014Based on the good Open Table reviews my sweetie and I had a Valentine's Day lunch here. The clam chowder and lobster bisque were excellent as were the lemon drop martinis. Dessert of raspberries with vanilla cream was also very good. I had the chicken picatta. It was a nice sized serving but the lemon sauce was clumpy and not very lemony. I'm a salt-a-holic and the mashed potatoes were even too salty for me. Our lunch tab was over $80. I am happy to support a local business but I don't have any plans to return.
- Great for special occasionsTerryDined on 2/11/2014This is our favorite restaurant for special occasions. We have dined here about 20 times over the last 5 years. Every experience has been exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DInner for twoFscott09Dined on 2/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed a very comfortable and quiet dinner together. We were running a little late and they were very accommodating in adjusting our reservations. We were met promptly, seated and our waiter was attentive to our needs. My wife and I had the hot spinach pernod salad that was prepared tableside. It was delicious. My wife ate light and opted for a bowl of Clam chowder. She was please. I had the veal scallopine, which was quiet delicious The portions were appropriate and we were quite satisfied after dinner. Lisa opted for the Bananas Foster that was prepared table side. The owner, Joseph made it himself and it was very good. I had the crème brulee. Overall we were very happy and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!peterblissDined on 2/8/2014Wish we could keep this place a secret but the word is out. It is an outstanding restaurant and will soon be expanding into a new building across the street. This will mean more parking, an outdoor area, and a larger bar and dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The weather outside is frightful...Fletch1906Dined on 2/1/2014...but inside it was quite delightful! Despite the bad weather, the restaurant was doing great business; why? Great food and fantastic service. I was experiencing Joseph's for the first time using a 3-course Living Social deal and I will definitely be back with friends in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faboulous Fine FoodHungryInTheRockiesDined on 1/31/2014Our living social coupon included a three course meal for two for $40. We selected the salad which was incredible-dressing was light,remarkably zesty, and instead of a bowl, long, thin slices of flexible cucumber wrapped the salad. The apple horseradish salmon which was excellent and included fresh vegatables and a crisp sliver of peeled, cooked apple. My date ordered the pork which was not as tender as we would have liked but which included tasty white asparagus, carrots, and mashed potatoes. Italian wine (additional cost) was our compannion and for dessert I selected a delectable cheesecake with a thick pleasant crust while my partner had the chocolate mousse which she loved. A new building for the restaurant is being constructed nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph'sSSkoDined on 1/25/2014Overall the experience was very good! The pork entrée was a little tough, but the salmon and appetizers were outstanding. Our server was VERY good, however one helper promised to bring us some extra bread then forgot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet EscapebeachbumDined on 1/18/2014Joseph's is a great place to hide away from our busy daily lives and spend time as a couple. We could have quiet conversation over a great meal. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year Family Luncheon2014LunchDined on 12/31/2013Excellent meals all around. Service was very good. Thank you for accomodating our guest with lactose issues. Kids really liked it as well.Special Features:
- Lunch at Joseph'sJoyaDined on 12/30/2013This is a perfect place for a "ladies lunch". The service is very good, as is the food. Most of my group ordered the Coconut Shrimp salad, a delicious choice for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013We went for my BFs birthday and had a wonderful time. We got the scallops and the halibut which were both fantastic, very flavorful and cooked perfectly. The wine list was extensive too but only a few wines were offered by the glass i wished there were more because my honey likes whites while i like reds so we werent going to agree on one bottle. The atmosphere is nice and quiet candle lit and very romantic, We finished with a vanilla bean cheesecake slice for his birthday that was fantastic, hes not a cheesecake fan but he loved it and i cant eat dairy but i had a nibble and couldnt help having another nibble it was that good. We both would love to go an explore the menu again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not judge a book by it's coverFoodiegirlDined on 12/24/2013Joseph's restaurant is a hidden gem amidst a city full of duds! When you drive up, you might take a second thought before entering the restaurant - they have converted an older 'diner' establishment into a wonderful eatery that even the most discerning foodie would enjoy. However, the postcard picture-perfect ambiance is not what you will get upon first glance. However, when you enter, you will notice a high level of service and most notably, you will meet Joseph himself. It is a bit loud and try to request a table away from the food prep area. Nevertheless - do not doubt for one minute that you will be disappointed in the wine list, the menu or the impeccable service - top notch!!! Well worth the extra $$$ for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed Againbirdlady1Dined on 12/23/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants and it was great again. The martini's were good, the hot spinach salad prepared tableside was delicious and the pepper steaks cooked tableside to perfection (medium and medium rare) are well-presented and the best we've ever eaten. In fact we won't even order pepper steak anywhere else. We've tried it at various restaurants and none come close to being as tender and tasty (the sauce is wonderful) as these. The bread served with the salad is tasty and the sides of mashed potatoes and asparagus are good as well. Additionally, Joseph was friendly and the staff attentive. We were excited to hear Joseph is building a new restaurant and will be anxious to give it a try when completed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph's is the best!!!gabruceVIPDined on 12/20/2013You simply cannot beat the fine tableside service that you consistently get at Joseph's!! Outstanding food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice EveningfoodloverDined on 12/14/2013Thanks for the great hospitality. Everything about the experience was great. We can always count on good service, a welcoming feel and quality food. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!LeboDined on 12/7/2013The food was great here and the "wine of the night," a malbec was fantastic. The only complaint is that we were cold and either wore our jackets or put them around our feet to be comfortable. This is even after we asked to be moved away from the window. The food and service were impeccable, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceBillVIPDined on 12/7/2013Always a great experience here. The food is wonderful, service excellent, a great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GoodJaceDined on 11/29/2013A very pleasant experience personally managed by Joseph. Nice food, attentive service, very close to the Broadmoor. We will go back!Special Features:
- Memorable ExperienceTrudeDined on 11/26/2013Joseph's was an excellent restaurant with a warm ambience. We enjoyed the seafood. Joseph is an excellent chef, and I had the swordfish - wonderful. My partner had the salmon and he said it was the best he had ever eaten. Joseph was very attentive, and we felt welcomed and appreciated. We are definitely returning and I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.