Josephine's Italian Restaurant
5751 N Federal Highway
Boca Raton, FL 33487Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Josephine's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.josephinesofboca.com/
- Phone: 5619880668
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Music and dancing!
A word from Josephine's Italian Restaurant
Authentic Italian cuisine and Old World Tuscan charm have made Josephine"s a preferred destination for over twenty years. Our menu offers consistently delicious Italian food with signature dishes such as Dover Sole, Osso Bucco and Prime Veal. Thoughtfully selected fine Italian and California vintages make up our collection of wines that perfectly complement your meal. Our fully stocked bar runs the range of popular liquors. The finishing touch is our assortment of decadent Italian desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Josephine's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great dinner experience!ArnaDined on 8/20/2014I took my 95 year old dad out to dinner at Josephine's and had a wonderful time. There was a singer who sang fabulous standards and oldies and my dad was moved to get up and dance! We enjoyed our dinners and had the best time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My mom's favorite placeBocaDined on 6/14/2014We celebrated a family birthday dinner there. It's my mom's favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueRschagrinVIPDined on 5/16/2014They have a 3 course special for $29.95 and a very good selection for both appetizers and entrees. Food is very good and good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 87 reviews are from the Josephine's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Week night treatPopasteveDined on 4/23/2014Food was good and entertainment made dinner special. 3course menu is varied and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for those looking forSherryVIPDined on 3/22/2014Good for those looking for a priced fix meal. Many better Italian restUrants in the area!
- Too. NoisyDearyVIPDined on 3/20/2014The music was so loud that we could not carry on a conversation. The manager came over to see about our problem but did nothing about it. We all left very unhappy and will not be going back.
- Unhonored ReservationannieVIPDined on 3/14/2014I made a reservation for March 27, 2014 about 2 weeks ago. When I arrived, I was told that there was "about" a 1/2 hour wait. The entire bar area was packed with people waiting. My friends and I decided to go elsewhere.
- We intend to become regulars here!Lisa33431Dined on 3/11/2014It was Opera night at Josephine's with a little extra excitement thrown in compliments of the Boca Raton fire department called in to assist a lady who collapsed. Super impressed with their quick arrival and for how Josephine and her staff handled everything. We were asked upon arrival if we'd mind sharing a table with another couple, we took it as an opportunity to meet some new folks. Turns out they're regulars, which we intend to be. Had a great meal: for opera nights it's a 3-course prie fixe for $40. The three tenors were awesome. Overall, a most enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and accommodatingVeganforLifeVIPDined on 3/6/2014Finally tried Josephine's after living across the street from it for years. Not sure why we never tried it before, but finally went with some neighbors. Was really pleasantly surprised. I am vegan and asked for something to be made that was not on the menu. It was no problem for them and it was wonderful. My husband really liked his dish as well. We will be back.Special Features:
- Why all the negative comments?Lisa33431Dined on 3/5/2014We were a bit hesitant to eat here after reading many negative reviews. Boy, were we pleasantly surprised! We chose the 3 course prie fixe dinner which had a wide variety of choices. Appetizers; entrées and desserts were all fantastic. Great Italian bread and coffee, too. And our waiter couldn't have been more attentive. Entertainment was a special bonus. We're definitely adding this one to our short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, consistent foodKarinDined on 2/28/2014We have been coming here a few years now and the food is consistently satisfying. We will continue to come for this alone.Special Features:
- Great food, iffy serviceseclawVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was my second time here, and both times the food was terrific. But the service does not match. Drink order was wrong, no bread, until we asked the second time, water never refilled, one appetizer served 10 minutes after the first, long wait for the check. The waiter was nice enough, and there certainly were enough of them, but they just couldn't get it together. Still, a great restaurant, and I'll go back again hoping the service improves.Special Features:
- JosephinesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Were seated 10 min of our arrival (which was 5 minutes late due to accident on the road ;we called restaurant to let them know we'd be a few min late).However service was mediocre. Took 5 minutes for waiter to take drink order of which 2 asked for water. 5 min b4 we got water. Served bread just a min ahead of our salads.My friends happy with their food-one loved her dish (chicken in fig balsamic reduction). I ordered the piccata. Two shrimp tasted of iodine; rest of dish,chicken, fish, potatoes &vegetables were swimming in piccata sauce. Sauce was delicious;should not have been a plateful. Should have asked for sauce on side .I didn't eat dessert but told connollis were great. Bill for two $90-biggest surprise they charged for tap water.
- Extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014My mini family reunion turned into a disaster. Noise level was out of sight, so much so that you could not enjoy the food nor the conversation. In fact it made conversation almost nil. The singers could not be enjoyed because they couldn't be heard. I would not return to this restaurant.
- just okmoishVIPDined on 2/25/2014food was fine, we ordered the $39 prix fix menu. waiter was not very interested in us, just did basic what he had to. perhaps if we ordered from the a l carte menu, service would have been better. food was fine, portions were very small, but ok
- terrificheadswimVIPDined on 2/23/2014Finding authentic Italian food in South Florida can be tough but not at Josephines. We had excellent service, delicious food and they accommodated each of our special requests including seating us outside. Even the valet was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food; bad customer relationsBigBruceDined on 2/22/2014A food server spill an appetizer on a member of our party. This caused our main courses to come out too soon, we were rushed and the waiter took the main courses back. He said they were being remade, but, when they arrived, they were not hot. It is obvious it was the same food, maybe put under a heat lamp, but it was not hot. The waiter brought the check and said "all I can do is apologize for what happened." The other party asked to speak to a manager. She acted perplexed and then it told her he was not paying for his dinner because it was served cold, and, they ignored his clothing was soiled. They should have immediately acknowledged what happened and offered him something. Bad customer service and attitude.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceKageyVIPDined on 2/22/2014we never offered or received fresh pepper for our salads or grated cheese for our main courses. We asked and did not get. Waiter paid little attention to us.
- Nothing SpecialAceBVIPDined on 2/21/2014Waited 40 minutes past our reservation for a table for 4. Put us in the main doorway. Obvious that locals received preferential treatment. Food ok but not worth the wait. Service was fair. I had to ask for pepper for salads and water. We poured our own wine.
- our first visit and an earlyneverhomeVIPDined on 2/21/2014our first visit and an early reservations. we were seated promptly but the place filled quickly and many were waiting when we left. there is an extensive menu and an all the time offering of a $29.50 3 course fixed, which we chose. started with a meatball and ricotta and the garden salad. dinners were veal buffalo, breaded cutlet with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes and basil and the chicken scarpiello. waiter brought us all 3 desserts to sample. my preference was the panna cotta dh preferred the cheesecake. there was a long lag between starters and dinner. A knife disappeared with the first course and impossible to get anyone's attention for a replacement... and the wait for the check... in fariness they were super busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food and Service!RhodyJerryDined on 2/15/2014From the time we walked in, we were very well taken care of by the hostess to our bartender to our waiter, the service was outstanding! The owner Josephine even took the time to ask us how everything was on our way out. As for the food, I am a very picky Italian transplant from Rhode Island and I would rank the food here with the best in Broward and Palm Beach counties. I ordered a veal chop that was not on the menu and our waiter put it together for me anyway w/o any pushback. I also sampled my date's seafood dish and that was outstanding also. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends (which I have already done) and will be back again soon. Thanks again to Josephine and her staff for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsJettaladyVIPDined on 2/15/2014We were a party of six with a reservation made apprx 10 days prior. We had a 25 minute wait. The hostess said we should not use open table to make reservations. They sit their regulars first. Otherwise the food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in a warm atmosphereKaleidogirlVIPDined on 2/15/2014If you are looking for excellent old-world Italian food, this is the place to go. Service is excellent. The food was delicious, with ample portions. The grilled calamari salad antipasti was room temperature, with a generous portion of thinly cut grilled calamari steak over arugula salad. I had the shrimp with breadcrumbs in a brandy sauce, and it was delicious. All entrees come with a house salad or soup which was a nice surprise. We did not have any room for dessert, but they looked beautiful.Special Features:
- Food and service was excellent;OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/13/2014Food and service was excellent; noise level was unbearable due to live music and singers with sound level turned up to earsplitting. If you go here, make sure it's on a night that they DON'T have live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food & servicegaleDined on 2/13/2014Food was terrific if you like good Italian food. Our server (Chad) was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningAbbadooDined on 2/12/2014We had a good booth and the restaurant had a romantic tone. On Wednesday they have a lounge singer. Service was good and they also had a 3 course price fixed meal that was a nice value. Great wedge salad. Also had a few good specials. Wine list seemed fair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerSummerPalaceDined on 2/1/2014Brought my family in for a nice Italian meal and aside from them misinterpreting one of our meal selections, it was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First VisitBoaterVIPDined on 1/28/2014We are new in Boca and this was our first visit. Had a terrific meal and wonderful service from our waiter. Can't wait to return with our friends.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experiencetravelbugDined on 1/24/2014We were warmly greeted and seated promptly. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal. However our waiter never came to ask if we needed anything or if our meal was satisfactory. Unexpected entertainment was fun and delightful. The singer definitely gauged her audience's taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check the menu!WaltDined on 1/23/2014When our orders came 3 out of 6 guests did not get the sides that were clearly indicated on the menu. The delivery person, not the waiter, was asked for the sides and at first claimed that they were not part of the meal. He said he would get a side order --- never to appear again. The waiter, when he finally came over to check if everything was OK, was told of the deficiencies. He quickly defended the exclusions as being an either or menu offer but also agreed to get the missing items. A quick look at the dinner menu confirmed that, for whatever the reason, they were wrong. So much for 18% tip added to the check because we were 6 or more people. Food was fine. Needs more oversight from management. WalterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, elegant ambience.MariaDined on 1/18/2014Waiting time was too long even we had a reservation. Reservation for 8;00 pm but we didn't get to our table after 9;00 pm. Suggestion: customers has to wait for more than 20 minutes should be offered a glass of wine or something esp. when we had to stand on our feet for over an hour. No chairs for elderly customers who also had to wait such a long period of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLaneyVIPDined on 1/6/2014We always have a good meal here as well as great service. It is our go to place when we have a few friends that want to get together and be able to have a conversation while dining in pleasant surroundings. The wait staff really aims to please. The food is consistently good, portions are normal, which is nice for a change and the price fixed menu is very good and oat reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Three of us recently dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2014Three of us recently dined at Josephine's to celebrate my husband's birthday. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendly service. The selections on the all-inclusive meal menu were varied and very reasonably priced. We enjoyed two of the veal dishes and the fruitti de mare pasta dish. The dishes were well-prepared, well-plated and delicious. The portions were ample, but not overly large. For dessert, I recommend the panna cotta -- a perfect ending to a delightful meal! Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairDisappointedVIPDined on 12/27/2013Clams casino not very good. Chicken Marsala was good, but small portion size
- THE BEST NIGHT OUT!!!JOANDined on 12/26/2013WE HAD A GREAT TIME.... THURS NITES MUSIC, DANCING... A REAL FIND !!! THANKS JOSEPHINE!!! YOU HAVE OUR LOVE.. JOAN AND ENISSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful - stay far, far awayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/19/2013i used to love Josephine's. now i will never go back. the live music there is 10 times louder than a rock concert. it is absolutely ridiculous. you can't speak with anyone at your table without screaming. even the waiter had to scream and be screamed at in order for our order to be placed. i was so embarrassed in front of the other couple that i brought there. we left with our ears ringing. it was such a relief just to get out. management should be utterly ashamed. they had a good thing going, and they ruined it. we go out to eat so that our mouths water. we do not go so that our ears bleed.
- This resturant lost its charmMarvinVIPDined on 12/14/2013This resturant lost its charm & grace that it once had. Service was very poor for they did not serve all the meals at the same time and the waiter was overwhelmed.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/8/2013Josephine's is consistently excellent across-the-board. Classy ambiance, decor and service. Delicious food. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not lastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2013Excellent service and wonderful food. Server was one of the best around and extra nice was owner coming over to table. Great place and sorry never went before. Eggplant and duck were great dishes. A must when in town for great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!PixieVIPDined on 11/15/2013Josephine's is one of the first restaurants we visit upon our seasonal return to Florida. We really appreciate that they accept reservations for 2 people- a little unusual down here. Every night they have a great priced three course menu that we usually bypass because we don't want 3 courses but the choices are wonderful and it's a great value. My favorite dish here is the shrimp francaise. The food, service and ambiance are excellent. Looking forward to many more dinners there over the next 6 months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.