191 N. Main Street
Roanoke, IN 46783Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.josephdecuis.com/
- Phone: 2606721715
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Butts
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to offer our outstanding gourmet foods to make your event spectacular. Please contact us for further information and menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Gallery Board Room (and adjacent reception room) are available for private meetings and dining. Located in the attached cottage, this charming room's highlights are the ancient teak table seating 20 and the beautiful artwork on display. The Chairman's Table welcomes business meetings and presentations. Located above Club Creole, the Chairman's table seats up to 8 guests and features the ultimate in privacy and luxury
- Private Party Contact: Carmen McGee 2606721715
- Entertainment: Our Gallery Board Room is available for parties for up to 20 guests; this room offers a private reception area, and a meeting and dining experience around a table made from ancient teak. The Chairman’s Office is literally the office space used by the owners of Joseph Decuis, and is perfect for private business meetings and dinners. With seating for up to 8 diners, the Chairman’s Office features personal sports and patriotic memorabilia collected over the years, a comfortable sitting area, a round board room table and kitchen for private service.
- Special Events: Please contact Carmen McGee for further information
A word from Joseph Decuis
Located in Roanoke, a charming, historic rural community in northeast Indiana (15 minutes from Ft. Wayne, 1.5 hours north of Indianapolis and 3 hours east of Chicago), Joseph Decuis is the showcase for local farm raised food, and is a gourmet experience to remember. Our menu features seasonal dishes with ingredients raised on our farm (and other like minded farms), creatively and artfully prepared by our Chefs. The heart of the restaurant is housed in an old bank building (the vaults are now wine cellars) where you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped back in time to a simpler way of life where time around the table meant something. You’ll enjoy a top-quality meal in quiet, comfortable surroundings with outstanding hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Joseph Decuis - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
Joseph Decuis reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (33)romantic (30)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014In the tiny town of Roanoke lies a gem of a fine dining restaurant. Farm-fresh ingredients, creative cuisine, unbelievable Wagyu beef, a great wine list, interesting cocktails, and extraordinary service make Joseph Decuis a must visit for any serious foodie. It's a great place to celebrate a special occasion, but don't limit yourself to that...go anytime for a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Worth the tripbeckyis2Dined on 9/23/2014Our first trip to Joseph Decuis will certainly not be our last! When I first heard my husband say he wanted to go to Roanoke for dinner, I was a bit surprised. It is over an hour drive but it was well worth the trip! We had the Chef's tasting along with the wine pairings. They are known for their beef which was excellent but, my favorite dish was the scallops.Special Features:
- A lovely evening outFoodluversDined on 9/17/2014We went for our anniversary. It was our first time. We loved the ambience. Even though it was located on a main thoroughfare of a small town, once inside, it was easy to forget where you were. The wait staff was a little dry but knowledgeable and helpful. The food was AMAZING. The dishes and accompaniments are not items often found on menus in our neck of the woods. The drinks were appropriately potent and made well. The menu read "Happy Anniversary"-- a very nice touch.Special Features:
- Waygu and farm to platelvfoodieDined on 9/16/2014We expected every-bite-terrific food and we received it. Our table of four ordered two different cuts of the Waygu-Angus cross beef, Atlantic salmon, a gumbo and a chowder, bourbon pecan cake and chocolate gelato. All were excellent and memorable. Appreciated the reasonable servings of the beef, perfectly prepared to our rare/medium rare orders. Way too tired of those huge steaks many restaurants serve. The farm veggies were fabulous taste treats. Fabulous wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph CecuisLibertadVIPDined on 9/2/2014Someone told us about this restaurant and we had never had Wagyu beef before. Nice ambiance and very good service. Beef prices are high, and it was very good, but not sure it was $55.00 good. Other menu choices sounds really good, but we came to try the beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice touchmkbrown87Dined on 8/27/2014When I made reservations through Open Table, I included a comment that we were celebrating my wife's 50th birthday. When we arrived, on her menu, it was printed at the top "Happy Birthday". We both thought that was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilldineagainDined on 8/18/2014Superb!!! Only minus - the wait made three trips to table to deliver 4 drinks. Last one I consider LATE. One of my guests wanted a Duck dinner - no duck that night. I will visit again, frequently if I were not 115 miles away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagingly out of the wayNYCtravVIPDined on 8/14/2014This spot outside of Ft. Wayne is a great find. Great ambience, food and service in a charming little restored hamlet. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimbainDined on 8/4/2014wonderful dinner on a special anniversary! food is fresh and unique and presentation is always perfect.Special Features:
- outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014There is nothing else like it anywhere else! Exceeded my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something SpecialbigskyradDined on 7/12/2014There are many fine restaurants, but this one is in the top .01% - a rare one at the pinnacle of quality in food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Generally underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014I expected more. You're touted as one of the best restaurants and finest dining places in the area. What I received was overpriced, average quality, and generally disappointing.Special Features:
- Bad TimingLaureneliz1988Dined on 7/3/2014We made our reservations for my husband's birthday on July 3rd, and were not aware of a large event and concert that was going on outside. We were seated and ignored for quite a while, and then found out that there was a prix fixe menu, which was a little disappointing. I could tell the staff were very busy and distracted, unfortunately to our detriment. I hope that we can try Joseph Decuis again and hopefully form a better opinion. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great evening.2BFairDined on 6/30/2014This was our first visit to JD and it did not disappoint. We've heard a lot about it, been to the Farm to perform a wedding, but never been to the restaurant itself. Our server, Shaune, was pure delight. Treated us like family -- but never intruded or let herself be the "center". We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND splurging and ordering any cut of the Waygu. Just do it!! We left full and deeply satisfied - wishing $$ wasn't a concern and we could head back next week!! It will be on our "let's celebrate that" list for sure.Special Features:
- Very Good But...04YELLOWGTDined on 6/30/2014My wife and I have ate some fairly expensive ($200+ for two) restaurants over the past 4 years. The steak was by far one of the best stakes either of us have had BUT the size was small. I'm a t-bone or porterhouse guy and the 6oz steak we each got was less than filling. That could also be said about the salad and the appetizer. This is the first restaurant we ate at and left hungry. The experience was was worth doing once but I doubt we will be back any time soon.Special Features:
- What a find in the Heartland!!penelopeluvDined on 6/25/2014This was such a find in the green heartland of Indiana. Nothing was lacking.... starting with a Salty Dog cocktail (fabulous middle of Filet mignon, roasted cauliflower ) and ending with a naughty coffee ganache brulee dessert !!! The setting was fun and New Orleans- art-inspired in a retooled bank setting. double kudos for a building renovation in a small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive but very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014Joseph Decuis is high end, expensive food. The morel appetizer was fabulous. Fish entree was very good. Filet was very good. If you are prepared to splurge, it is worth the trip. Probably won't make a special trip to visit again, but I do feel the experience was worth it.Special Features:
- Outstandingmoldy721Dined on 6/21/2014They called the day before to confirm our reservation. We arrived about 15 minutes before our reserved time and were seated immediately. Our special seating request was honored (the hostess checked the computer before seating us); I was a little surprised at the size of the space; there were several empty tables. Service was spot-on; attentive and friendly without being aggressive; we never felt rushed. Food was spectacular. The chilled avacado soup with crab salad was a unique standout. My wife had the filet; I chose the 5 oz 75/25 Wagyu Rib-eye. There is no way to compare this beef to any of the other steaks we've had at Morton's, etc. Not even in the same league. I highly recommend this gem to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalBaconistaDined on 6/21/2014From the moment we walked in, we received excellent service. The staff was extremely attentive. We sat at the bar for a drink prior to being seated (we were early), and the bartender, Mike, was full of personality and charm. The wine flights were a great option and quite reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber. I tried the white flight and the red flight. We had a few appetizers, which were outstanding. For dinner, we shared the diver scallops and the wagyu ribeye (they are famous for their wagyu). Simply outstanding. For dessert, we had creme brulee with ganache on top. The burnt sugar was actually on the bottom, which was pretty unique. Being a foodie who appreciates good service, I cannot wait to attend again!Special Features:
- Beyond the CallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014We were impressed very favorably with all aspects of our dining experience. We especially appreciated the friendly attention we received on a stormy evening when the staff might have well been able to go home had we decided to cancel. This evening had been planned for some time, and we enjoyed it immensely.Special Features:
- Pricey but well worth it.HappyTravelerDined on 6/17/2014The food preparation by expert chefs and the quality of the vibrant flavors was flawless. The service and knowledge of the menu by the waitress was superb and the execution by the bar staff on drinks was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country gemNicolaCDined on 6/9/2014Joseph Decuis is a breeder of Wagyu beef and American Angus who established truly elegant farm-to-fork restaurant in rural Northeast Indiana, 15 mi from Ft. Wayne. The tasting menu is perfect way to get an introduction to the kitchen's skill. Wine pairings were well done, generous and inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff not the bestUnpleasantDined on 6/9/2014We had dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We waited 10 minutes to have someone seat us for our reservations. I had to walk back twice to the cook area and have them track down a person to greet us. There were no hellos or how are you tonight. After a quick walk to our table and about 15 minutes later our server stopped by. She felt it a challenge to talk about the menu and specials. She acted like we should know what was being served and how it was to be prepared. She said she normally did not work on that evening but that is no excuse.Special Features:
- The following 562 reviews are from the Joseph Decuis reviews archive.
- Best Food In Indiana!NikoDined on 6/2/2014Best Farm To Table experience you can get in Indiana. The Wagyu Beef is outstanding. The chefs are very skilled and creative. Waitstaff is very knowledgable. Definitely recommend the Chefs Tasting Menu if you go on a week night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special as AlwaysMargoDined on 5/30/2014The food and service at Joseph Decuis was fabulous as we've come to expect. The appetizers, wine, bread, and entrees were unique, delicious, and presentation/service superb. We sat by the bar, so a little noisier than usual. I'd ask to be seated in another dining area next time. We could still converse, but had to raise our voices to be heard.Special Features:
- Great experienceuormeDined on 5/20/2014Excellent chef's menu during the week. Had wine pairing and was an excellent experience. Drove 2 hrs and was worth the drive.Special Features:
- Get the Chef's Tasting MenuFarrarclDined on 5/19/2014My husband and I have wanted to make time for a drive to this place since we tried the Waygu beef sliders at last Years Dig-IN. We both got the six course tasting menu with the wine pairings. The food was wonder, our server was wonderful. And the server that brought and explained all the wine was wonderful and gave us a wine list to help us remember what we like and help us purchase future wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nom!SupernommieDined on 5/10/2014Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom! That is all.Special Features:
- Love it but....MarieDined on 4/26/2014My husband loved his lamb chops and while my fish (it was a substitute for grouper which they were out of--some Hawaiian fish, don't remember name) was tasty and good--the chef served it on an almost Cajun style bed of rice and sausage. The spiciness all but wiped out the flavor of the fish--it would have been much better on farro, couscous, quinoa, wild rice or orzo, mild flavoring. I noticed that the sausage was in other dishes served that night, so I assumed they were just using what they already had made up as sides for various dishes. Both the bed of rice and the fish were good, just shouldn't have been together.Special Features:
- Trip to Roanoke from IndianapolisResearchProperlyDined on 4/26/2014Had heard of the Restaurant's reputation from different sources. However, didn't realize that that there were no choices since the menu was fixed for each course. Looking forward to have Wagau Beef but it wasn't an option. Otherwise enjoyed the Ambience of Joseph Decuis and time with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong hereJcarterDined on 4/24/2014This is a gem of a spot tucked away in a tiny town. You would expect to find something this good in Chicago for twice the cost. Everything has always been top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!JFiigSrDined on 4/19/2014Great food and a wonderful ambiance. This restaurant is perfect for that romantic, special night out.Special Features:
- Worthy of a special occasionJamesDined on 4/18/2014we're always grateful to the staff for making our dining experience memorable. Good food, fine service that doesn't over linger, in a setting we always enjoy. Our only frustration is not with the food, staff or space but with other parties that seem unaware of just how loud they can be that disrupts, much more often than just a few times, the rest of the room. It seems no matter where we go, groups of even just 4 or 5 can over fill the room with their noise. I find this to be a pervasive trait across the region and the country. Otherwise Joseph Decuis delivers on every level.Special Features:
- FancyPjhennDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I went to Joseph Decuis to celebrate a special occasion. We had heard of this restaurant years ago, but never went due to its distance from home. We were delighted by the elegance and excellent food, and decided that 1/2 hour was NOT too far to drive for a memorable night -- so we'll be back, the wine list was lengthy, and full of so many good wines, I had a hard time selecting one. The cheese selection was very good too. I never had such tasty cheese. Our ribeye was cooked to perfection and the creme brûlée was unique (in a good way) and tasty. They have an adjoining space that looked like it would be a good venue for a wedding rehearsal dinner, or even a modest reception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole experience was wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014The whole experience was wonderful, the server was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about every single thing on the menu. The food was lovely, seasonal, fresh and the presentation was beautiful. The overall ambiance was very nice, I felt like I am dining in New York or London. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great for a special evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Steak was very tender. No knife required. Waitress was very knowledgable and took very good care of every need. Drinks were very smooth and the atmosphere was unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph DecuisDustyDined on 4/3/2014Spectacular, as always. Joseph Decuis is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. For it to be outside Ft. Wayne, IN is a miracle.Special Features:
- Aloof ExcellenceDrCMKDined on 3/29/2014Greeted in a cold/reluctant manner by the hostesses. We felt, despite us being doctors, the "you can't afford this place" vibe from the staff. Offered 2 of their less desirable tables- one was by the kitchen, which we enjoyed. Experienced an energetic level of noise, but given that the kitchen was run with impeccable professionalism/efficiency it was good noise, like a choreographed event. After ordering the charcuterie board and drinks, the staff became more amicable and realized that it wasn't our first rodeo. Drinks were artfully made and the food was fantastic. A nice blend/marriage of ingredients with adequate contrast in flavors, colors, textures. I found the duck to be oversalted, and I like salt, but delicious. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyAlphosusDined on 3/29/2014This place is amazing. A bit pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:
- There is nothing like this in FortOutoftownerVIPDined on 3/22/2014The location is a lengthy drive from the north side of Fort Wayne but if you have never been here you should try it. The quality of the food was wonderful. The ambiance very classy.Special Features: