Joseph Ambler Inn
1005 Horsham Road
North Wales, PA 19454Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Joseph Ambler Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.josephamblerinn.com/
- Phone: (215) 362-7500x
- Hours of Operation:
***Please note that requests for outdoor dining on Friday and Saturday Nights may not be available until 6:30 or 7:00pm***
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Lite Lunch Served in the Bar Only-Saturday and Sunday Noon-4:00PM-please call for reservations
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Blackney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Elegant Weddings, Business Dinners, Rehearsal Dinners, Anniversaries & Birthdays, Holiday Parties, Intimate Fireside Receptions
- Private Party Contact: Wendi Terlecky 2155650139x
- Entertainment: Piano every Friday & Saturday Evening
A word from Joseph Ambler Inn
Tucked away on 12 acres of lawns & gardens, the Joseph Ambler Inn is the ideal setting for a truly exceptional dining experience. Featuring award winning contemporary American cuisine & an extensive wine list. The Dining room is located in the renovated stone barn & features hardwood floors, exposed stone walls, & historic ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Joseph Ambler Inn - Best Restaurants in North Wales ›
Joseph Ambler Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (54)great for outdoor dining (52)scenic view (35)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- GreatMiasstar79Dined on 10/19/2014Really awesome food, great service and beautiful setting! I had the sea bass and my husband had the rack of lamb! Out of this world, Classic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodromanticDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our ten year anniversary there. We were married there too! Food was superb. Husband had the price-fixed menu - porterhouse steak. ($39) The veggies were picture perfect. I had Scallops which were yummy. Glad to see that the tables in the ballroom were changed from square table to round table style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pefect Evening!cobweb69Dined on 9/27/2014We sat outside on the stone patio which was covered by an arbor and looked out on rolling green lawn. Though this restaurant is just off Horsham Road - no traffic sounds. The food was delicious and the waiter just attentive enough to know we wanted lots of time to sit and chat. One funny thing happened. When the bus boy came around, asked my friend if she wanted water, she said no, but he poured it anyway. He was on automatic pilot!Special Features:
- Nice, but...EdGrivnerDined on 9/20/2014The JAI is a great place to celebrate any special occasion and has been a love of mine for years, but there are several things that a newbie to the restaurant should know. The service is slow. Not that it is a bad thing, just be prepared to be there a while. Our server got caught up in conversations all night. The food is delicious and there is nothing is bad thing on the menu, however, please be prepared to pay premium prices. Most appetizers are $10+ and entrees are in the $30 range. Desserts are priced pretty fairly. The bottle wine prices are out the roof. It's cheaper to order a glass or two of wine than drop the coin on a bottle of wine. If you are interested in ordering beer be prepared to only be offered mass produced beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JandCJandCDined on 9/19/2014We love this place - especially for the atmosphere and location; very romantic! It's also a great touch to have live piano music on the weekends! Service tends to be a bit on the slow side but the rest is fabulous....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and service. Accommodations for special requests appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorites!BlytheDined on 9/8/2014This place never disappoints! It is one of our top 5 restaurants in Bucks County for a special occasion. The food is wonderful. LOVE the Veal Cheeks! The service is very good and the ambiance is lovely. We just went for my birthday, on a Monday evening, and were seating in a private room and treated wonderfully. I highly recommend this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WRWdiningDined on 9/7/2014The food was superb. The service was great and a wonderful ambiance. A great all around experience.Special Features:
- Joseph Ambler Inn needs facelift..dining4funDined on 9/6/2014The Joseph Ambler Inn was a little disappointing considering some of the reviews I've read. The interior is outdated. Old ceiling tiles, the pictures on the walls looked like something I would see at a diner. The table was not very inviting....no fresh flowers and the candle was fake! I'm paying the prices of a high end restaurant so I would expect something a little more classy. The bread was good but had too many spices in it. Entree was very good. Dessert was not great..got a very dry and I believe overbaked banana cheesecake. Something like that should be very, very creamy. So, after paying $150.00 for two, the dining experience there should have been impeccable but instead a thumb's down!Special Features:
- Mostly nice experienceMar78Dined on 9/5/2014We liked everything about our experience except that they do not seem to be as attuned to someone who is gluten free. I indicated that one of us is gluten free. When the great-looking bread was placed at out table, I thought the waitress would mention it is not gluten-free bread, ( It is common knowledge that gluten-free breads are available in some restaurants.) Some more aware restaurants are putting an asterisk next to gluten-free items on their menus. Our nice waitress said they could adjust some entrees to make them gluten free but the process could be made easier. the food was outstanding. The peas appeared to be hand-shelled, which was a first for me in a restaurant! : ) I loved the live piano music, too!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningNotSoHiDined on 8/30/2014We sat outside on a lovely evening overlooking the grounds ... woderful relaxing atmosphere! The food was excellent. The starters we had (arugala salad and clam dish) were fabulous and were well accompanied by the olive bread. The Chilean Sea bass dinner was to die for! Really, really good!Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great service, good food. Enjoy a bottle of Wine and the atmosphere, we never felt rushed and had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breathtakingKentuckysgirlDined on 8/23/2014Right off the highway, this gem is not hidden, but while on the grounds you forget that you are so close to all the trappings of the city. The Joseph Amber Inn was more than I could have ever expected. The bar and the restaurant staff were phenomenal, very friendly, and accommodating, they made our stay that much more enjoyably! My fiance and I had a spectacular time.Special Features:
- JAI should be on everyones list!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014JAI made it a great and memorable 24th wedding anniversary dining experience.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedBhallDined on 8/16/2014I cannot believe I have lived so close to this restaurant for 27 years and I have never been here. The setting/scenery were beautiful. The bar was updated and had lots of windows to see the outdoors. Did not go into the dining room so I can't comment on that. We sat on the patio and it was very, very nice. Two of us had the chicken and risotto dish and it was amazing. The arugula salad was excellent also. My husband had the strip steak and said it was very good. The staff was very friendly and engaging. We had 2 bottles of the La Crema 2012 Pinot Noir - excellent. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer SizzleLisaDined on 8/16/2014We really lucked out with the weather on Saturday evening, which made our outside dining experience just that much better. Our waiter Kevin made us feel at home with his conversation and helpful menu selections. The food was spectacular! I took advantage of the prix fixe menu selection without disappointment, while my husband went for the Filet that melted in his mouth. We also got to witness a couple having some wedding photos taken on the lawn. Their happiness radiated throughout the Inn! I would highly recommend the Joseph Ambler for all your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for outside diningDressesForDinnerDined on 8/14/2014Great restaurant for when the weather allows you to sit outside. It rained the night that we were there, but the staff quickly pulled an awning over the tables and we were able to stay outside. Service was not slow, as some other diners have complained. Food is very good, a little pricey, though for what you get. All in all, while the weather holds, we'll be back!Special Features:
- SUNDAY NIGHT GEM!MerryVIPDined on 8/10/2014We go on Sunday evenings as you can BYOB w/ no corkage fees & dine outside which is lovely! We had just a light meal on the patio that was great - we had the tuna appetizer that is a 10++ and I had the arugula/peach salad that was good...some of the arugula was a bit tired looking...the other salad we had was the wedge and that was excellent. ***One suggestion - get citronella candles ~ the bees liked our food as much as we did...put out either table candles and/or torch's to keep the bugs away*** Looking forward to our next Sunday night at Jos Ambler Inn!Special Features:
- Best environment & food.GreenVIPDined on 8/5/2014I go here for lunch often. The view is peaceful and quiet. Have not found anything better. The food is always a foodies delight. The combinations of flavors, taste, quality, and presentation all are tops. Staff is almost always outstanding too.Special Features:
- Not what it use to beFoodcabDined on 8/3/2014We ate here on a Sunday night and this place certainly is not what it use to be. I got the tuna with bok choy. The bok choy was soggy and limp. The tuna was cold in the center, not just rare. The service was fine but a restaurant such as this should not be staffed with local high school students. Spend half the money and go downtown for a real meal!Special Features:
- AnneDined on 8/3/2014The scallops were wonderful and we loved the peach and arugula salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!BigTomDined on 8/2/2014Joseph Ambler Inn is one of my favorite restaurants. The food was excellent as always. This visit the service was a bit slow - hopefully this was a fluke and not a new trend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningLorbruDined on 7/31/2014We dined on the porch at the Inn on a lovely summer night...Thurs. evening, seafood special night. You could order from a small plate seafood menu or from their regular menu. We ordered from both and enjoyed all the food. Shrimp satay, crab cake -small plate and a delicious sesame tuna on brown rice and chilean sea bass on risotto from regular menu. The wine list was extensive and the wines of the day were very good and nicely priced. Had one of the best desserts...smores panna cotta, with graham cracker crust, chocolate panna cotta, and browned marshallow. It was just sweet anc chocolaty enough and crust was thick and tasty. The server was attentive without being annoying.Special Features:
- CathyDined on 7/31/2014My friend and I enjoyed it so much, we made reservations for Saturday evening.Special Features:
- lovely nightjulesDined on 7/26/2014Very good service.plenty of light. Great food and deliverd on time.pleasant atmosphere. Would go back waiter was very likeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful venue with great food!JandCDined on 7/25/2014We were able to enjoy wonderful outside dining with good food and friendly servers. The piano music from the inside area wafted just the right ambiance to our table and it was truly a spot for a romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Great food super slow servicePriyaDined on 7/25/2014The food to Joseph Ambler was really good and the view was really great. My boyfriend and I sat outside because it was a great day outside. The service however was extremely slow and our lunch took over 2 1/2 hours which is pretty ridiculous. We had to keep asking for our server and it took a great day and a surprise date to an excruciating wait. The food was good though.Special Features:
- Out Of?MLB52Dined on 7/19/2014My girlfriend and I were intrigued by one of the 2 offerings for a 3-course prix fixe meal. It was a fish that neither of us had ever heard of. We inquired of the server, who first explained about the fish, then told us they were out of it. He offered that most likely they would offer a different fish in its place. Moments later he returned, telling us that they would NOT allow a different fish in its place, and if we wanted the 3 course prix fixe, we would have no choice but to order the steak option; we don't eat meat. Thus, we were forced to switch to the more expensive a la carte options. By that time I had to force myself to not let this situation darken my mood.Special Features:
- Beautiful InnLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 7/17/2014This was a great place to dine. We also stayed overnight . The food was delicious. I had the price fixed. The scallop appetizer was delicious. My hubby enjoyed the shrimp cocktail. I had the fish and risotto. It was very tasty, moist not over cooked . My hubby enjoyed his sea scallops. We shared a chocolate cake dessert-also very good. An enjoyable meal experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kathy KFindersKeepersDined on 7/15/2014Your online reservations were perfect! I scheduled a last minute business meeting for a Supplier staying nearby at the Montgomeryville Stable Suites. (If you don't have shuttle service, you should). Your staff was superior, did not interrupt while our table was in discussion. Service was outstanding, and the meals were savory and visually appealing in presentation. My salmon was so delicious, kiddingly I requested a second helping as my dessert. JAI was my selection for location and past experience. Our daughter was married at your facility in 2009, it was the perfect venue. Thumbs up on the Stations, our guests are still raving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak grizzly-beer too warmJerryDined on 7/13/2014The appetizer was fine. I think my lady friend enjoyed her entree. Our server was excellent, solicitous and very attentive. My entree, the steak that was part of the prix fix, was considerably below average. I asked for it medium/pink and it came out too well done. On top of that, about 1/3rd was grizzle which I could not eat.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerChalfontMomDined on 7/12/2014The steaks were delicious! So nice to sit on the patio! It was our anniversary and although I noted that in the open table reservation, it was never acknowledged at the restaurant. Normally, the restaurants we go to always acknowledge a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJuranconDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful dining experience with great food. An amazing gem in Montgomery County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an oasis in a busy areaDonnaDined on 7/12/2014Over the years the property around Joseph Ambler Inn has been "uber" developed and yet the Inn grounds remain an oasis for a country setting in an otherwise suburban sprawl area. The service is excellent and the food is very good. The outdoor dining is beautiful but the indoor area is also very pretty. The piano player is wonderful and adds to the overall ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday DinnerSusanjDined on 7/9/2014We were celebrating our daughter's and granddaughter's birthdays at the Joseph Ambler Inn. It is difficult to believe such a lovely, pastoral place exists in what is a busy, traffic-laden area. We visited only the restaurant but wished we could have toured all the buildings on this estate. Although we weren't using either, the Pub room and the outside dining area looked inviting also. We were a group of seven and the restaurant seated us in a small private room--it was just right. Lovely ambiance, the menu choices were varied and plentiful. All of our choices were delicious from appetizers to desserts and the service was wonderful. This was our first visit to Joseph Ambler but we will return.Special Features:
- Good food, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014Lovely venue, adequate food. We had out of town guests on a Monday evening and wanted to do something special with them. the restaurant was not very busy so we were disappointed in the unusually poor service at this upscale restaurant and a little embarrassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BargainDineandwineDined on 6/29/2014Food was very good. 3 course prefix was a bargain at $39. BYOW on Sunday was a bonus. Service was very friendly and competent. I have been here a number of times and while the food is not exotic, it is always well prepared and of high-quality.Special Features:
- The following 459 reviews are from the Joseph Ambler Inn reviews archive.
- Horsham BettyBettyDined on 6/25/2014We have had dinner here before but this was the first time I have been for a 'girls" lunch. Our luncheon on the patio was absolutely perfect. Our server, Megan, displayed a mix of friendliness and professionalism and the food was delightful. Our only complaint came from the person who ordered the lobster roll. She is a New Englander and faulted the use of an "improper" roll.Special Features:
- Seafood-less at Joseph Ambler InnTMS61Dined on 6/19/2014Last Thursday night was JAI Seafood night. My group of girlfriends and I went for a birthday celebration. By the time our table put our order in, they were out of seafood. We were surprised because the restaurant wasn't very crowded. Disappointed, we were told by the wait staff that they were embarrassed. I too was embarrassed, since this was my idea and the first visit for many of the girls. My husband and I go quite often and we always enjoy ourselves. Not this time though, very disappointing!!Special Features:
- delightedDined on 6/16/2014Excellent! Food was outstanding, service very, very good, ambiance beautiful. We think this is one of the best place in this area.Special Features: