222 N. Tejon St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.josemuldoons.com/
- Phone: 7196362311
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: José Muldoon’s offers two private party spaces, which can accommodate up to 85 people. These rooms offer full or set menu options, depending on the needs of our guests, and our banquet staff can provide custom desserts, floral arrangements and audio-visual equipment upon request. Inviting fireplaces and warm Southwest décor will help make José’s a popular and imaginative choice for your business or social event. Contact our banquet coordinator to reserve your space.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy Biondo 7196362311
- Cross Street: Platte Avenue
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: José Muldoon’s is located on Tejon Street in downtown Colorado Springs, directly across from Acacia Park. Metered parking is available all around the restaurant, and also in the secure parking garage directly behind the restaurant on Cascade Avenue. The garage can be entered form the northbound side of Cascade, just north of the Bijou Street.
A word from Jose Muldoon's
José’s has been a staple of the Springs’ downtown scene for over thirty years. The menu features authentic Mexican fare, the best margaritas and a variety of burgers, sandwiches, salads and vegetarian entrees. We serve our famous cuisine using only freshest ingredients, all prepared daily. José Muldoon’s, named after the legendary bandito, has been recently remodeled with a look which includes hard wood floors, inviting fireplaces and an indoor/outdoor bar, and our award-winning patio. José’s service staff is always friendly and efficient. We are proud to be the favorite Tex-Mex destination in Colorado Springs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jose Muldoon's reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Service Was Not Up To ParMaximillian00VIPDined on 9/16/2014The food quality here is really consistent and it was really good as usual. This particular visit though, the service was not very good. I had to ask four times for salsa to be brought to the table which for to be frustrating, especially when they brought out the queso dip we ordered but no chips. It took almost five minutes to get chips to go with our queso and almost twenty minutes to get any salsa. The main dishes came out promptly, but it was difficult to get the attention of our waiter throughout our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorphVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fun. Tasty. Salads great. Willing to change up menu.Special Features:
- Food was good, service not so good.KelliDined on 8/10/2014We arrived and the host was great! We arrived at the table and she gave us menus and said our server would be right there. We waited a long time for the service and when he arrived. He was nice and took our order, but it took forever and some of our requests were not completed. We asked for corn tortillas, vs flour and we did not have enough silverware and our waters were low. He did not come back for a long time.. we had to flag someone else down to help. He never filled our waters but did bring the corn tortillas. I dont know if he was new, or if he was overloaded but the service was really really slow.Special Features:
- Nice OasisBigEVIPDined on 7/2/2014Fantastic wait staff, excellent salsa and great food. Definately a winner in Colorado Springs
- Pleasantly surprised!CurlsDined on 5/31/2014We have tried - and liked - several Mexican restaurants since we moved to COS a year ago. But this food was REALLY good! Tasty enchilada sauce, great salsa, great, friendly service…all good. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, good foodbkgetawayDined on 5/24/2014I have heard great things about this place for years, but never tried it. It was worth the wait. The food is very good, and the margaritas are very strong, especially if you get them yourself at the bar. Service was just ok, but try to get on the patio, very cool, and they play goofy games out there on Saturdays!Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Jose Muldoon's reviews archive.
- Always great.MattDined on 4/8/2014We always have a great experience at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeToofers2Dined on 2/26/2014The food was great, the service was great! The menu had lots of choices, pleasing even our most picky eaters. Wanted to try those awesome sounding margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We got there a few minutes early and they sat us before a reservation time. There Valentine special was sounded great. The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The food came out fairly quick and was delicious. There was more than enough food for the 2 of us. A great date night for us both.Special Features:
- Great Tex-MexBlue52Dined on 2/14/2014Great food with excellent service. Food came quickly, tasted great, and the atmosphere was relaxing. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comebackChrisDined on 11/8/2013We had come here about a month ago. We made a reservation with the open table app but they did not have our reservation and we ended up leaving. A few weeks later I get an email from the general manager expressing their apoligies and wanted to make it up with a gift card. So we came back and made our reservation with open table. They had our reservation and we got great service. Our waitress was very friendly and the food was good. We even stuck around for dessert which was great too. I really loved the fact that they read my review and wanted the chance to make it up to me. Well they did and we will be returning sometime soon to enjoy their great food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was difficult to find aLCWarnerDined on 10/19/2013It was difficult to find a moderately priced restaurant in Colorado Springs that we could bring our 2 year old to, and wasn't very far away. Our waitress was excellent and a lot of the items on the menu we thought were a good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown Springs Mexican Foodchuck83731Dined on 10/12/2013In the heart of downtown Colorado Springs is Jose Muldoon's, a tasty Mexican food diner with great ambience and a wide menu. Our group had a variety of menu selections including enchiladas, chimichangas, and several combo platters. Overall, the food was prepared quite well and had a good balance of flavors. The decor throughout feels like you're in the living room of someone's estate. The location is close to any other activities in Colorado Springs and it's typically a nice walk through the heart of the city. Service was slow to say the least, but our waiter may have been overworked, which caused our drinks and our chips to both run dryn on multiple occasions. But, the food is exceptional and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost my reservationChrisDined on 10/1/2013I've eaten here before and they have good food. Service varies from great to sometimes slow. For this visit I made a reservation for 2 with the Open Table app to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. I got a e-mail confirmation for my reservation but when I arrived they did not have my reservation in the computer. Showed them my e-mail confirmation on my phone and they said they would try to get me in as soon as they could. The wait was 20 min. I'm not sure how fast they could have got us a table but we decided the dinner was already off to a bad start so after waiting 10 minutes we decided not stick around and went to another restaurant. I might not trust open table to make my next reservation for this place.
- amazingbribunny3Dined on 9/21/2013The food was awesome! The server was polite and knew the menu! I bought my parents a gift card for them as soon as we done station would recommend them to any one! Very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to have a quiet placewineloverDined on 5/24/2013I wanted to have a quiet place to have a nice conversation with a friend. The night I went, it was pretty loud. Not really the restaurant's fault. This is a place to come to have a good time and not worry about being a bit noisy. Good for groups or a night out to have fun. I prefer JM's for lunch over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Server didOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Food was good. Server did not have good cusotmer skills, and with his attitude and demeanor he did not want to be working this evening.
- I've been here at least aOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/14/2013I've been here at least a dozen a times. The atmosphere at this Jose Muldoon's is cool and gives off that downtown vibe, but the food at the East location on Powers is WAY better. Our dishes were okay here with hearty portions, but we've had much better at the East restaurant. Service was fine, though I've definitely had more upbeat waitresses than the one we got. I liked the salsa and warm chips.Special Features:
- Normally a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2013Normally a great restaurant however there were some problems this weekend during the parade. We had a reservation for a large group immediately following the parade. We also had three babies under a year old, hence the reservation with open table. When we checked in the hostess said they weren't doing reservations and ours must have slipped through. We had to wait 45+ minutes for a table. They never should have accepted the reservation. Also, while waiting for a table, we got the privilege of listening to the hostess girls complain about customers. Really pathetic behavior. Next time, I recommend verifying twice that you have a reservation here on an event day. They'll accept them and confirm via email and deny you when you walk in.Special Features:
- Service is great. Food needsLANCEYDined on 1/18/2013Service is great. Food needs to be worked on. Some items you can taste it comes out of a can. Chili rellenos do not look appetizing at all.Special Features:
- Food won't disappointWashParkFoodie303VIPDined on 12/22/2012The food is very good, but the service was lacking on my last visit. Most of the staff were sitting at a table having a holiday party rather than serving the guests eating dinner. I get it that it's the holidays, but at least ask if I need more drinks or dessert.Special Features:
- Disappointed in food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2012This was my first time here and I was pretty disappointed with my meal. I ordered the chicken burrito which came out extremely dry. They must have and it sitting under a heat lamp for quite some time because the black beans that came on the side along with the rice were dried out and were crispy from overheating. Flavor was nothing special. Couldn't really eat much of it. Usually restaurants on Open Table are higher quality. This was just bar food. Sangria and margarita was bland as well even though they had good happy hour specials. Service was good and they didn't try to cram our group at a small table. They gave us a larger one which was nice so we could spread out.Special Features:
- We made reservations and wereColleenDined on 8/18/2012We made reservations and were able to get right in when we arrived. We had a party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids) and sat in the back room. It was nice and quiet enough for us to be able to have great conversation. The food was good and our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Good Mexican and Tex-Mex foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2012Good Mexican and Tex-Mex food at reasonable prices. The place is often packed and there is usually a wait---another reason to make a reservation with Open Table. We walked through the waiting crowd and got seated immediately. Definitely will return on my next visits to ColoSprings.Special Features:
- Below Expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012Made reservation on line and requested a nice table well in advance, but the receptionist did not even bother to check and guided us to an average table that was almost loose off the wall and about to collapse. One dish had to be returned, served ice cold. Chips & Salsa were sub par, to their credit, they did not charge for that part of the order, but will not be back there again. There must be other better Mexican restaurants to look for in C Springs!
- Excellent service. Food deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Excellent service. Food delicious and presented well.Special Features:
- We especially appreciatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012We especially appreciated being able to make reservations on line so we could have a leisurely dinner before an 8:00 show. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- We had a nice early supperErikDined on 3/18/2012We had a nice early supper with my folks after a concert on a Sunday afternoon; it was late in the afternoon and not quite dinner time. And it was predictably quiet. It looked like the server was still in training, which is ok since we've all been there before. Jose Muldoon's for us is a "known commodity," and we like supporting our local busineses.Special Features:
- Made reservations early inOlivebunchDined on 3/16/2012Made reservations early in the day. Dining staff was wonderful with us. It was my first time going to Jose Muldoon's but will definately be back. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- Went for margaritas and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012Went for margaritas and dinner with a friend and sat in the bar area. Very good service and the food and drinks were great. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- We were down from Denver andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2012We were down from Denver and were looking for some good, local Mexican food. Jose Muldoon's didn't disappoint. Chips and salsa were very good, the fajitas were outstanding, margaritas were pretty good. Overall it was a good time!
- Love the "holiday" specials,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Love the "holiday" specials, like Valentines Day, New Years Eve, it's the reason we come in and we usually get a few couples to join us. We had 6 couples on New Years Eve and the food/service was stellar!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food, but the service was terrible. It wasn't the waitresses fault, they way over sat her and she was running around trying to keep up, but we waited for 20 minutes before the server approached us for the first time and we had empty drinks a few times and had to wait 5-10 minutes for another.
- New Years Eve group -- exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Very good food, loved the chicken/shrimp fajitas. We set-up a reservation for 8, it grew to 12. We called ahead and let them know our initial reservation had changed, they were very accomdating and friendly. We arrived, the table was ready and waiting for us, the waitress was friendly and despite being swamped with customers, she kept checking in on us to make sure our drinks were full and see if we need anything. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- We ordered the sizzling Jose'sweekenddinersDined on 12/14/2011We ordered the sizzling Jose's Specialty combination skillet (Beef & Chicken) and we were extremely disapointed. both the Chicken and Beef were over cookedto start and the further (cooking) sizzling of the meat made it even worse.
- Im a regular of Jose's andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2011Im a regular of Jose's and I will continue to be. The food is great and the service is always superb. There are daily specials for the menu and drink specials to enjoy as well.Special Features:
- Good, relatively cheap MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2011Good, relatively cheap Mexican food in Downtown Colorado Springs. 99 Cent tacos on for Taco Tuesdays, featuring a magician that walks throughout the restaurant stopping at tables and showing off some tricks. Haven't been on any other day of the week, but am sure to stop in every Tuesday.Special Features:
- Jose's has been a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011Jose's has been a favorite for decades. If you haven't tried their buffalo fajitas then you have never really had a GREAT red meat fajita. Love the energy, ambience, and wait staff every time I dine at Jose's.Special Features:
- We had out of town, company.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2011We had out of town, company. They were very pleased with every part of the meal. Delighted to eat downtown, with the locals.Special Features:
- Always a good time! I loveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011Always a good time! I love the Alamo margarita and the triple threat tacos!!Special Features: