JORY Restaurant at The Allison Inn & Spa
2525 Allison Lane
Newberg, OR 97132Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $50 and over
JORY Restaurant at The Allison Inn & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theallison.com/restaurant
- Phone: 5035542526x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily, 6:30am - 10:30am
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday, 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Sunny Jin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For those occasion that call for a more customized approach, The Allison Inn & Spa offers private dining services and venues for groups of 20-250.
Since we realize that even serious venues can multi-task and be ideal for social gatherings or celebrations, you’ll discover our catering facilities are perfect for performances, weddings, parties for all occasions, corporate meetings, important board meetings, executive retreats and a ballroom designed for, of all things, dancing the night away.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room maximum seating for 12 guests.
Kitchen Chef’s Table – maximum seating for 10 guests are invited to take a front row seat in the kitchen as the culinary staff passionately prepares their evening dinner. Minimum fee applies.
- Private Party Contact: Ken Bolick 5035542526x
- Entertainment: Each Friday and Saturday join us in The Living Room for a night of vibrant musical entertainment, from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm, complimentary, ***all are welcome***. Past performers have been Michael Allen Harrison, Tom Grant, Karla Harris and more!
A word from JORY Restaurant at The Allison Inn & Spa
The Allison Inn & Spa's acclamined restaurant, JORY pays tribute to Oregon’s agricultural bounty with it's own 1.5 acre vegetable garden and 850 item wine list known for its depth in Willamette Valley producers. Under the direction of Executive Chef Sunny Jin, JORY is one of Oregon's top culinary destinations. Known for delectable Wine Country cuisine, the freshest local ingredients and stunning Willamette Valley vistas, a meal here is inspired. Settle into the elegant yet comfortable dining room accented with fine art and appointments. Outside, soak up the sun on plush outdoor seating on the porch, with sweeping views of Willamette Valley and hazelnut orchards. Or enjoy a roaring cozy fireplace, perfect for an apertif or after dinner conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
JORY Restaurant at The Allison Inn & Spa - Best Restaurants in Newberg ›
JORY Restaurant at The Allison Inn & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)great for outdoor dining (51)scenic view (50)notable wine list (46)romantic (43)fit for foodies (41)great for brunch (26)great for lunch (26)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best meal I have ever hadmarym222Dined on 9/24/2014Every single bite was incredible. If you are looking for a real treat - this is the placeSpecial Features:
- BeamsDined on 9/23/2014The Allison Inn is a wonderful hotel with an excellent staff, lovely rooms. Beautiful setting. The Jory restaurant is a delight, especially sitting at the counter watching the open kitchen. Amazing wood fire. Great food. Absolutely wonderful service throughout the hotel and restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstandingfood4thoughtDined on 9/18/2014We absolutely loved the Jory. Food was incredible. We went to a lot of exceptional restaurants in and around the area and this was one of our favorite meals of our trip. Lamb was so delicious and the deserts were insanely good. Our server was the nicest and made our evening that much more enjoyable. Our next trip to Oregon will certainly include a visit to Jory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!Tea4twoDined on 9/11/2014The reservation for two was made well in advance. We were taken to the farthest end of the dining room to a table for two where one of us had to face the wall. (We passed several empty tables. ) we each urged the other to take the good seat, when then we said "this is unacceptable" to the maître de who just stood was watching us. We then stood there while a banquette nearby was prepared for us. The wine steward convinced us to try her choice instead of ours. The salmon entree was served with hot green peppers which ruined the taste of the salmon. We should have left after the table episode because the joy of the evening was lost.
- All three a CHARMOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014We savor Jory for special occasions. All three of our visits have been wonderful experiences.Special Features:
- great atmosphere but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2014The ambiance, view, and service at Jory is exceptional. The food was good, great presentation but somewhat overpriced. The bar is very overpriced and the service is slowSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, a beautiful settingfoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had their fish entrees--wild salmon and seared tuna--both perfectly cooked with interesting side dishes Service was at attentive but not intrusive an excellent choice for a memorable dinner in NewbergSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the Jory!soprano1Dined on 8/28/2014The freshest ingredients, often from the chef's garden, the unique flavor combinations and presentation of appetizers and entrees, and the impeccable service make this a favorite restaurant for special occasions. Our son who is visiting from Paris said it is comparable to the finest French restaurants. As the evening progressed an all-male party of eight grew louder, but this is the firs and only time there has ever been a noise problem. Consistently good food, attentive service and lovely view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014loved the food, eat there 3 nights in a row, time between courses was lengthy at times and when we went back for brunch we had to wait to be seated when there were plenty of tables.Special Features:
- pkschool2309Dined on 8/20/2014Food was cold. Pork loin mustard sauce was sour. In general, meager portions w/ New York prices.Special Features:
- Lovely outdoor tableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food grown at the location. Very friendly and professional server. Nice wine list with lots of local wines. If the weather permits, be sure to get a table outside for a lovely view.Special Features:
- miketDined on 8/17/2014The servers were very attentive and professional doing a good job of pacing and of being personable without being intrusive. Most of the food was excellent and very well prepared. My only issue was the smoke flavoring from the wood they use on their grill. It imparted a bitter taste that overwhelmed the vegetables and was in my opinion was too much even for the beef I ordered. I checked the box for "yes I would recommend" but I would tell them to avoid anything grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Lunch !paluv2dineDined on 8/17/2014As always the Jory Restaurant at the Allison Inn did not disappoint. It is a true gem in the heart of Newberg and a joy to dine there. The birthday lunch we enjoyed was superb and the service outstanding. It is a wonderful treat to dine on special occasions at the Jory and will return again for our next special event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining with a view.AnArtistEatsVIPDined on 8/16/2014The Alison is just gorgeous. Dining outdoors at the Jory felt like being in France. Food is thoughtful, organic cuisine. A lot of the produce and herbs actually grown on site. Pricey but worth it. Walk around the hotel after to get glimpses of their wonderful art collection with original paintings by Oregon artists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014A truly outstanding dining experience. They limit the number of reservations accepted to what they can handle well. The chef on some items is a little far out but still very good.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!!redwineloverDined on 8/3/2014I took my boyfriend here for a surprise birthday dinner and it was phenomenal. The service was friendly and prompt, the food was amazing, and the wine list was extensive but not pretentious. They even gave us dessert on the house for our special occasion. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- Very Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had our anniversary lunch at Jory on the patio and it did not disappoint. The food was great....I would say that Jory's version of paella was the best I've had in a while! Jory is at a beautiful resort with great landscaping and has very professional, attentive & friendly staff. We will definitely be coming back to Jory in the future!Special Features:
- outstandingmurphyVIPDined on 7/17/2014highlight of oregon trip halibut and beef both exquisite chilled beet soup with salmon boudin wonderful starter wine list comprehensive server personable and honestSpecial Features:
- Great spot for lunchFoodie44Dined on 7/14/2014The view is great. The wine by the glass is limited for whites and somewhat pricey. The waiter was very attentive and friendly. The chef really likes tarragon and red onion, which was more flavor than needed for the tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal you may ever eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014The atmosphere is formal yet relaxed, an open kitchen with wood burning fire sets the scene. The chef's menu is simple in appearance yet the food is delightlfully complex and balanced. The ingredients are amazing; many of which grown right at the property and an apparent emphasis on locally sourced and organic meats and fish. I am not a foodie at heart but I appreciate great food with polarizing and complimentary flavors. My wife is, however, a series food enthusiast and we agree that we had the best meal of our lives at Jory. The staff is so polite and friendly beginning with the valet parking all the way through the experience. We cannot wait to return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The food and presentation were great! It was a bit pricey but the restaurant is nice and has a lovely view of wine country.Special Features:
- Fabulous experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014My husband and I came here for brunch on a Sunday morning. Delicious as usual! The staff are just wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- intuitive servicemaryfDined on 7/8/2014We arrived five minutes early for our reservation and were told "we're just putting the finishing touches on you table so it will be a few minutes before you can be seated." Seven minutes later our party of two was seated at a table for four. Then staff came and removed the extra place settings. It was the best spot in the place, but I didn't appreciate the maitre'D using an untrue excuse for the delay in seating us. I had initially requested a booth, but was thrilled with the view from my table. After that, it was five star all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlacePdxaggieDined on 7/6/2014This is one of our favorite spots in the Portland area, and a spot we always take visiting friends and family for a special meal. Incredible farm to table food with a tremendous service staff. The grounds are also great for a short stroll after the meal.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHGWTVIPDined on 7/2/2014Dined here for dinner on a Wednesday night and had a great meal with excellent service. I had the duck which was excellent, but would order the wagyu steak next time as this must be their specialty. They have a huge open grill and burn different types of wood for the steaks. The grilling process produces some dramatic flare ups. Impressive wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantJorySpecialDined on 7/1/2014Beautiful scenery, gorgeous decor, wonderful food --- BUT on the occasion we were there for lunch, hardly any customers. How can it continue to exist?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great time at the Jory4heichDined on 6/27/2014If you have never been, you're in for a culinary experience like no other. For the vegetarian, you will be pleased too-great menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing main coursesPdnickVIPDined on 6/2/2014I had the pork loin. It was a little dry (slightly overlooked) and was drowning in a corn mash. I had to search thru the mash to find the sunken slices of pork. My wife had the lamb chop. So rare she couldn't eat it when getting close to the bone. When paying premium prices, we expect a premium product.Special Features:
- The following 541 reviews are from the JORY Restaurant at The Allison Inn & Spa reviews archive.
- Very nice experienceLIZPDined on 6/1/2014We dined at Jory for Sunday Brunch and very much enjoyed our meal. We were there at 12:30 and sat on the patio. On this beautiful day and at this time of the day, we were the only ones seated on the patio so, it was relaxing and very pleasant. The service, as always, was very professional and efficient. It almost feels a bit too elegant for the location and for brunch but I'd rather it be this way than off handed and sloppy. We had a salad to share between the 3 of us (I don't recall the actual ingredients of the salad and it's not listed on the oline menu), we also tried the paella, one of the hash dishes and the lemon pancakes served with fresh blueberries. All of the food was wonderfuly prepared and full of flavor.Special Features:
- Fun for special occasionnwtravelerDined on 5/30/2014We had a reservation months in advance, but were unable to get an outdoor table. The food was fabulous; the wait staff was friendly but not always available. The view was really nice, nice ambience.Special Features:
- Jory restaurant at the Allison InnWineanddine31Dined on 5/22/2014Lovely, outdoor dinner at Jory restaurant at the Allison Inn. We are repeat visitors of the Allison Inn and Jory restaurant. Such a lovely hotel and wonderful staff!!! Thank you for always making our visits so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best DinnerLeeRDined on 5/20/2014From the staff to the dinner, everything was excellent. Wine selection is extensive, food was outstanding - perhaps one of the best meals I have had. Everything was fresh. Waiter did a great job with recommendations on both wine and food. Fantastic. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Fine fine- diningCanadajimDined on 5/19/2014Simple salads to start turned exceptional with local ingredients matched well. My main was halibut with over a grain base with fiddle heads and other local vegs cooked crispy but not raw. Lovely. Partner had rabbit with risotto and was thrilled. All accompanied with a Pinot recommended by Mark to finish it off. Small neg- halibut was slightly overdone, just beyond flakey. This is a restaurant for those who enjoy trying standard raw materials prepared in an exquisite way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchiheartpdxDined on 5/16/2014I have been to the Allison numerous times. Every time is a 5 star experience except for this one???? Our server was great but her help was unfriendly, and made a lot of mistakes which no one cares but they acted as if their mistakes were our fault? Bizarre! We had to order 4 bottles of wine before one was available and asked 3 times for gluten free bread and I didn't get it until almost the end of the meal and it was horrible. Close to burnt and just bad. We were in the private dining room so that was beautiful. But many of us have been there a lot and all felt like this time was just "off". Not sure what happened. I/we will still go back, this was just a strange experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014The service was impeccable ! Our lunch was 120.00 , that was the ONLY thing I didn't like. The food was great,desert was yummy, service was outstanding . It was really nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great EveningfrequentdinerDined on 5/8/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Jory on May 8. Great service and great food. Jory is the nicest restaurant in our region. Our waiter was friendly but not overly attentive. The food was very good and portions were perfect.Special Features:
- disappointedlittlerabbitVIPDined on 5/5/2014Disappointed in the portions of the food for the price charged. Taste was very good but not exceptional. The Willamette Valley has so many good restaurants that I would seek out others first before going to Allison Inn. Service was not very professional and not timely.
- CaliforniareviewVIPDined on 4/30/2014The food was excellent, if a little pretentious. The presentation was gorgeous but one wondered if the chef actually tasted the food. Pea soup flavor speaks for itself - perhaps a little pop of seasoning - mint? but it s overwhelmed with the crab and not well seasoned. Too much attention to corporate and not individuals - such excellent and polished service deserves to be backed up with happy diners. Smiles are always good and welcomed, there was no engagement with the staff.Special Features:
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014This was our second visit to JORY, and we were as empressed as our first. Everything was delicious and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceMomofDanaDined on 4/17/2014Despite a "snafu regarding one guest's lunch (hamburger not delivered on time, then had to be returned to remove the cheese), the service and experience were excellent. Our server was very nice and tried very hard. The management corrected the errors with a complimentary meal for the guest who ordered the hamburger.Special Features: