15 Wall Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jonathansristorante.com/
- Phone: 6315490055
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private events are available on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and semi-private events are available during the rest of the week.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Ornato 6315490055
A word from Jonathan's Ristorante
"Elegant but informal, Jonathan's Ristorante delivers first class Italian fare presented by an excellent staff. The spacious surroundings make the restaurant sought out for any special occasion." - ZagatContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jonathan's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (25)notable wine list (23)romantic (15)good for groups (13)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Overdone MealnotFEIN59Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to Jonathan's before and we were looking forward to returning. We were seared in the very rear of the restaurant, up on a ledge. One fish entree was perfect and delicious, the other, their wonderful pork chop looked great as it was placed on the table but once cut into, was unfortunately overdone and chewy. Our server took it back and told us that they would make another one, but it would take 20 minutes. We chose not to wait. This is the first time we had a negative experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- An absolute gem!UcsdmomVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always excellent. There's a reason it's a mainstay of the Huntington restaurant scene. The food never fails to delight with a top notch wine list to match. A friendly and knowledgeable staff. Truly a gem. Our go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealanoatokdinerDined on 8/29/2014Expensive, but everything was excellent. Great menu selection, food perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. Server was knowledgable and professional, but not overly friendly. Wine was fantastic. Amazing coconut sorbet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantOwooblyVIPDined on 8/28/2014There is nothing not good about this restaurant. Everything is fresh cooked to perfection honestly. I"be never had a bad meal or experience hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014This is my favorite restaurant in huntington. Most delicious food and perfect ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemGoldenDinerDined on 8/8/2014We chose Jonahtns as it has been recommended to us and were not disappointed. The sashimi appetizer was perfect and the branzino perfectly moist. The only criticism was from my husband who felt the menu choices were pretty standard. The service was welcoming and the hostess put us at the quiet table 2 steps up in the back of the restaurant. Perfect for old friends who had lots f catching up to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Split decisionDinner4lunchDined on 7/30/2014The food was fabulous, clever combinations, fresh produce, well executed. What left us talking however was a 14 dollar glass of wine, not impressive, all we asked for was a glass of the house wine. It's still Long Island, why the NYC prices?Special Features:
- LUNCHDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed a very nice celebratory dinner at jonathan's. The food was tasty and service excellent. The noise level was high and thecsrroundings around our table in the back of the restaurant is pub likeSpecial Features:
- RETURN TO GOODsergeDined on 7/22/2014It had been a number of years since we last dined at Jonathan's and I don't know why. It was as consistently good, if not excellent, than as now. Since this was a special (anniversary) occasion, they went above and beyond, which gave us a memorable experience. We won't allow years to go by before coming back either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Service and food were exceptional enjoyed everything and will return.Special Features:
- great Huntington go-to restaurantmaureen95Dined on 7/17/2014Food and service were excellent . Suggestions of server were spot-on. We were there midweek and atmosphere was relaxed - excellent for an intimate conversation with old friends. I have eaten here several times in the past - just returning from a 12 year hiatus from Long Island and Jonathan's is just as good as I remembered - even better!Special Features:
- Very nice!BlondieDined on 7/17/2014Had not been to Jonathans in several years. The interior was lovely, service very good, as was the food & wine. One porkchop a little dry, otherwise the 4 dinners we received were very nice. I especially liked artichokes woven into the menu, with several different offerings. Obviously in season. The baby artichoke appetizer was special. As the prices are quite high, we'll save our next visit for a special occasion again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem!dphuntingtonDined on 7/13/2014Absolutely enjoyed our dinner! Not surprising it gets raves from everyone. Deserves the top spot in so many reviews. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicefoodyDined on 7/12/2014Four of us went to Jonathan's to celebrate a birthday. Martinis were delicious with real fruit nectar. Food was delicious. We all had something different and we all enjoyed our selection. It's pricey, so be aware, but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jo295Dined on 7/7/2014My husband saw a review of Jonathan's in the paper and we decided to try it. The food and service were excellent. In particular the Yellow Fin Tuna appetizer was delicious and a very large portion, glad my husband and I split it. The Sea Scallop and Asparagus Risotto was incredible. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- very enjoyable mealCPGMPGDined on 7/1/2014food was very good and service was as well. we were not rushed and enjoyed dining w/o too much noise the barratta mozzarella and the pasta with bolognese sauce were delicious!!Special Features:
- My favoriteBbRrDined on 6/28/2014I've never had a bad meal here in over 10 years. Service is tops, the food is reliably delicious and interesting, and the wine list is unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All round great experienceHoochickDined on 6/27/2014Food delish, service excellent, dessert amazing. Ate outside, street side…great people watching…local place , great after-dinner walking opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dining there!patannunzDined on 6/21/2014Before going to a show in Huntington I made reservation at Johnathans. The food was great and the service was excellent. I would advise going a little early as we did because it tends to get a little crowded and for good reason.Special Features:
- MenugjmagnaDined on 6/20/2014Menu was varied and contained delicious and unique specialties for all palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ItalianLinickDined on 6/14/2014For the main course we had the Risotto ai Fungi and Squid Ink Linguini with Shrimp. The meal was fantastic, very high quality cooking. Usually quality cooking is served in small portions, but I was pleasantly surprised with the large portion size. The appetizer, fried calamari, zucchini, and shrimp, were also top notch.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Overall Jonathan' was extremely accommodating with our food allergies. She was able to discuss with chef what could be changed to meet our special needs. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to revisit!KvpromosVIPDined on 6/6/2014It had been a while since being there- loved it the first time but always forget about it! That's the great thing about open table, they give you lots of great choices!Special Features:
- welcomingbuttonsDined on 5/31/2014We were late for our reservation on a very busy sat evening. We were greeted and were seated within ten minutes. The service then was very attentive and all went very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dineat9Dined on 5/31/2014great food and service. The chilean sea bass was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Great FindNFNFDined on 5/31/2014Took a ride to Huntington, and found great reviews of Jonathans were accurate. Food was great, as was service, very nice ambience and prices were fair for a high end restaurant like Jonathans. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed the food very much. The service was mediocre. A bit inattentive regarding coming back to check on our drink situation etc. The only negative thing I can say is the Restaurant was extremely loud. We were with friends we hadn't seen in a while and it was difficult to talk.
- Excellent in HuntingtonBeachEsqVIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent cuisine. Loved the duck breast and the soft shell crabs. Attentive service. Too noisy in the front room, by the bar. I recommend the tables in the rear of the restaurant for a more pleasant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 377 reviews are from the Jonathan's Ristorante reviews archive.
- StevenDined on 5/18/2014Good food. Somewhat limited menu. Friendly service. With wine, coffee and dessert can be a bit pricey. Overall a nice restaurant but not special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice......BUTNancyDined on 5/11/2014The noise level on this particular evening (Mother's Day) was off the chart which made my dinner with my Mother disappointing. Food great, eat at home on a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as everOurFateIsThePlateDined on 5/11/2014This was my second time there. It is a gem. I plan on going back again soon.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantmikeluvsfoodDined on 5/11/2014I have been going here over 15 years and the food and service are always excellent. The food menu keeps up with the times and has good variety. The restaurant also has a very nice bar. I have eaten here for special Dinner, Brunch and Special Ocassions, ex. Mother's Day. One of the best restaurants on Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Too noisy! Busy night, had to wait to be seated although we had reservation, complimentary drink and appetizer was a very nice to make up for that. Have dined there before during week when the atmosphere is quieter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed by an old friendEBKDDined on 5/10/2014We have dined at Jonathan's dozens of times over 2 decades. Tonight was a real disappointment. The appetizer with goat cheese had no vinaigrette on it and was not tasty or well presented. I ordered the tuna medium rare and it was cooked through and dry. My guests said their food was equally unexciting.
- Great experienceJennnycDined on 5/10/2014As always, great menu and inspired specials. A consistently good Italian restaurant for a classy dining experience! Only downside is the place gets a bit loud due to many closely packed large tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mythoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2014service was excellent, food was good but menu was limited, thought there would be more pasta choices, a bit pricey. good for special occasions if you don't mind spending the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy and perfectCuzzi62Dined on 5/3/2014Even during the hustle and bustle of restaurant week and two communion parties .., food and service were excellent !looking forward to returning ASAP .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014We have had very nice meals here in the past, but our most recent visit was very disappointing. It began with the host's refusal to seat us before our entire party had arrived. This is their standard policy and to me seems very annoying and inconsiderate to guests. The restaurant was very busy and extremely noisy. We did have a very bad table which was wedged between the bar and the area where other diners were queing ( perhaps also waiting for tardy members of their party) so we were constantly jostled during our dinner. The service was indifferent. The food was the biggest disappointment. The salmon was covered with a cold tasteless green paste made from fava beans. The pasta bolognese was like chef boyardee. We will not return
- Love Restaurant Weekluv2dineLIDined on 5/1/2014Jonathan's was a destination for two friends to meet who live on either end of the Island. Always look forward to "Restaurant Week" and my friend and I each drove 50 miles to take the opportunity to catch up and enjoy a great meal at a neighborhood gem we knew would not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentJW23Dined on 4/22/2014Went there to celebrate a birthday and spent considerable time talking before ordering. The waiter was available but never intrusive and never showed any impatience as we dallied. Food was beautifully presented and delicious, just the right portions.Special Features: