15 Wall Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jonathansristorante.com/
- Phone: (631) 549-0055
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private events are available on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and semi-private events are available during the rest of the week.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Ornato 6315490055
A word from Jonathan's Ristorante
"Elegant but informal, Jonathan's Ristorante delivers first class Italian fare presented by an excellent staff. The spacious surroundings make the restaurant sought out for any special occasion." - ZagatContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jonathan's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (35)notable wine list (30)romantic (22)good for groups (17)great for lunch (10)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Formal but unstuffy atmosphere; great cuisineSherrySeaDined on 11/15/2014The dishes we had were a splendid balance of the innovative and the traditional. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the suggested wine pairing was spot on. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 11/11/2014Enjoyed our lunch except for the Tuna Tartare which had an overload of avocado mixed in making it taste as mushy as it looked instead of having a fresh tuna flavor - not very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal at JonathansGeriDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant continues to be a favorite for my husband and me! Our meal was delicious and the staff was great!!Special Features:
- DINNER RUINED BY MAITRE'Dray56VIPDined on 11/7/2014We have been dining at Jonathans for over 15 years. This dinner was ruined by an inexperienced maître'd (Alex) who lacks the polish that an establishment like Jonathan deserves. He was rude and lacked finesse in arranging the seating of our party while one of us was parking the car. He needs to go back to Roberto for training in restaurant etiquette. An otherwise good meal ruined by a poor maitre'd.
- NonniDined on 11/6/2014Dinner at Jonathan's was most enjoyable. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. The wine list was easy to navigate and we received 20% off our selection. The polenta with mushrooms and both salads...ceaser and radish were excellent. The pasta, chicken and fish dishes were exceptional. The portions were more than adaqaute...we all had leftovers. Dessert was delightful.....gelato, bread pudding and pumpkin pana cotta. We will deffinetley be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014Great little known restaurant in the middle of a busy Huntington st. Great service& helpful staff. Mushroom risotto was amazing& delicious. Good portions. Reasonable& not so much food u roll out of restaurant. Prese Went here for restaurant week which makes a pricy restaurant a great deal.Special Features:
- Rest. WeekLocaldinerDined on 11/5/2014Went during restaurant week and didn't order from the special menu - but the food was outstanding! Great wine list as well. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Not impressedHazelDined on 11/2/2014Restaurant was average. Food was good but nothing special. Very overpriced for the portions.
- Always goodNikolaiDined on 10/27/2014Jonathan's is always good. Fine dining, with interesting menu selections, and relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed our visit and will not be a stranger. Will definitely recommend to family and friends. Our waiter, I believe his name was Keith, outstanding and patiently guide us with our wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a second tryskikevVIPDined on 10/25/2014The staff was excellent. Very accommodating and polite. The food tasted very good but we had to send back an item because it was cold. Our waiter took care of it immediately. My entre was not hot either because it wasn't ice cold, although I did not send it back. The menu and specials were very interesting. I will give it another try shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FIND IN LIMikeGVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great restaurant, food was exceptional, excellent wine list, knowledgeable and very friendly service.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomersAlexfanDined on 10/18/2014We try to get to Jonathan's several times during the year. Always a great experience in everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014All eight of us were very pleased with our meals. Special attention given to the gluten free diners. Service was excellent. Would go again. Great night!Special Features:
- Food Good... Noise BadUboatDined on 10/17/2014We sat outside because the noise level inside was worse that sitting on the sidewalk! Little long on the time getting served but food was great!Special Features:
- BlondieBlondieDined on 10/17/2014Very nice Restaurant Week choices. The polenta with Mushroom appetizer was unusual and delicious. Service was very attentive. Love the baby artichoke hearts that I've noticed are incorporated into Jonathans menu choices.Special Features:
- Reliably ExcellentLolaVIPDined on 10/12/2014Huntington restaurant week. Try to book as many as I can. Try new things, visit favorites. THIS is a favorite. Every time I go back, i am reminded what a great value Jonathan's is. The ambience is city-chic. The food is expuisite, but not too exotic, and is well prepared, delicious and nicely presented. EVERY TIME. Mr Jonathan presides over all with a relaxed charm, and he makes sure the dining experience is all you could hope for. Plus, they make fine Panna Cotta.....Special Features:
- AngeloVIPDined on 10/9/2014Having dined in Huntington many times, I have always wanted to try Jonathan's. A good friend and I thoroughly enjoyed lunch the other day. We shared a Frito misto as an appetizer and we both had the turkey burger. It was an excellent choice and one of the best we ever had. Can't wait until we try Jonathan's for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Outstanding food as usual. Atmosphere is busy and crowded. Slightly older crowd. Not super hip but if you want an excellent meal, Jonathan's delivers every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCP1Dined on 9/15/2014great food great staff nice price points in location with plenty of parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantRJC27VIPDined on 9/14/2014We visited this restaurant before a show at the nearby Paramount, a 5 minute walk away. While we enjoyed the meal, something wasn't quite right the night we dined there. First off, while we saw the prix fixe menu on line, we were niot offered it when we were seated. We had to ask for it, and it was not presented graciously. We were excited to hear that the night we dined there they offered a generous 30% discount on certain wines "in the middle of the wine list." When we asked for clarification, we were told again, in the middle. Hey, the wine list was a book 8-10 pages long. What's the middle? We eventually figured out it meant not on the first or last page. Was that too hard to explain? Food was delicious. We would go and try again.Special Features:
- Jonathan's was great.CieloDined on 9/13/2014My dining experience at Jonathan's was wonderful. The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious. The menu has a good variety of food choices and the wine list has some nice choices. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.Special Features:
- Overdone MealnotFEIN59Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to Jonathan's before and we were looking forward to returning. We were seared in the very rear of the restaurant, up on a ledge. One fish entree was perfect and delicious, the other, their wonderful pork chop looked great as it was placed on the table but once cut into, was unfortunately overdone and chewy. Our server took it back and told us that they would make another one, but it would take 20 minutes. We chose not to wait. This is the first time we had a negative experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- An absolute gem!UcsdmomVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always excellent. There's a reason it's a mainstay of the Huntington restaurant scene. The food never fails to delight with a top notch wine list to match. A friendly and knowledgeable staff. Truly a gem. Our go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealanoatokdinerDined on 8/29/2014Expensive, but everything was excellent. Great menu selection, food perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. Server was knowledgable and professional, but not overly friendly. Wine was fantastic. Amazing coconut sorbet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantOwooblyVIPDined on 8/28/2014There is nothing not good about this restaurant. Everything is fresh cooked to perfection honestly. I"be never had a bad meal or experience hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014This is my favorite restaurant in huntington. Most delicious food and perfect ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemGoldenDinerDined on 8/8/2014We chose Jonahtns as it has been recommended to us and were not disappointed. The sashimi appetizer was perfect and the branzino perfectly moist. The only criticism was from my husband who felt the menu choices were pretty standard. The service was welcoming and the hostess put us at the quiet table 2 steps up in the back of the restaurant. Perfect for old friends who had lots f catching up to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Split decisionDinner4lunchDined on 7/30/2014The food was fabulous, clever combinations, fresh produce, well executed. What left us talking however was a 14 dollar glass of wine, not impressive, all we asked for was a glass of the house wine. It's still Long Island, why the NYC prices?Special Features:
- The following 398 reviews are from the Jonathan's Ristorante reviews archive.
- LUNCHDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed a very nice celebratory dinner at jonathan's. The food was tasty and service excellent. The noise level was high and thecsrroundings around our table in the back of the restaurant is pub likeSpecial Features:
- RETURN TO GOODsergeDined on 7/22/2014It had been a number of years since we last dined at Jonathan's and I don't know why. It was as consistently good, if not excellent, than as now. Since this was a special (anniversary) occasion, they went above and beyond, which gave us a memorable experience. We won't allow years to go by before coming back either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Service and food were exceptional enjoyed everything and will return.Special Features:
- great Huntington go-to restaurantmaureen95Dined on 7/17/2014Food and service were excellent . Suggestions of server were spot-on. We were there midweek and atmosphere was relaxed - excellent for an intimate conversation with old friends. I have eaten here several times in the past - just returning from a 12 year hiatus from Long Island and Jonathan's is just as good as I remembered - even better!Special Features:
- Very nice!BlondieDined on 7/17/2014Had not been to Jonathans in several years. The interior was lovely, service very good, as was the food & wine. One porkchop a little dry, otherwise the 4 dinners we received were very nice. I especially liked artichokes woven into the menu, with several different offerings. Obviously in season. The baby artichoke appetizer was special. As the prices are quite high, we'll save our next visit for a special occasion again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem!dphuntingtonDined on 7/13/2014Absolutely enjoyed our dinner! Not surprising it gets raves from everyone. Deserves the top spot in so many reviews. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicefoodyDined on 7/12/2014Four of us went to Jonathan's to celebrate a birthday. Martinis were delicious with real fruit nectar. Food was delicious. We all had something different and we all enjoyed our selection. It's pricey, so be aware, but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jo295Dined on 7/7/2014My husband saw a review of Jonathan's in the paper and we decided to try it. The food and service were excellent. In particular the Yellow Fin Tuna appetizer was delicious and a very large portion, glad my husband and I split it. The Sea Scallop and Asparagus Risotto was incredible. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- very enjoyable mealCPGMPGDined on 7/1/2014food was very good and service was as well. we were not rushed and enjoyed dining w/o too much noise the barratta mozzarella and the pasta with bolognese sauce were delicious!!Special Features:
- My favoriteBbRrDined on 6/28/2014I've never had a bad meal here in over 10 years. Service is tops, the food is reliably delicious and interesting, and the wine list is unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All round great experienceHoochickDined on 6/27/2014Food delish, service excellent, dessert amazing. Ate outside, street side…great people watching…local place , great after-dinner walking opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.