Jonathan's Grille - Green Hills
3805 Green Hills Village Dr.
Nashville, TN 37215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jonathan's Grille - Green Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jonathansgrille.com/
- Phone: 6158352073
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining area, perfect for business meetings, sports teams, and parties.
There is NO room fee, we're happy to host you!
A word from Jonathan's Grille - Green Hills
Jonathan's is an upscale sports grille focused on great food while enjoying a game with family or friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jonathan's Grille - Green Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sports Bardstone8411Dined on 8/29/2014Casual place in Green Hills to grab dinner with friends. Lots of TVs showing sports. Large menu with a lot of variety; something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!NickDined on 8/25/2014This is a very nice restaurant , a bit of calm in an otherwise hectic area. The menu was varied, fairly priced, and well prepared. I'm sure it could be more hectic during important sporting events, as there were TV screens from end to end. But when we were there it was a very nice environment in which to enjoy a meal.Special Features:
- It's a clean, big, sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food is pretty good and the atmosphere is similar to BW3's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014It was a great place for a bunch of ladies to have lunch. Good service and food. Easy to make on-line reservations.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicewillbbackDined on 7/13/2014It was my mom's78th birthday and we had all ages in the group, ranging from 2 to 84. Our waitress was very patient and kind to all of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GrubJudgeBVIPDined on 7/9/2014The selection of great food is lengthy. We always have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchVickiVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great place for lunch...quick, great service, and wonderful food. The veggie burger was amazing! And salads great too. Will be back.Special Features:
- not againGolfHunkDined on 6/9/2014don't waste your time and money. Got sucked in by the reviews on Tripadvisor. 41/2 stars unbelievable
- The following 46 reviews are from the Jonathan's Grille - Green Hills reviews archive.
- LER92Dined on 4/25/2014I used to live in Brentwood a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed going to the Jonathan's in Cool Springs. I have been to the Green Hills location multiple times and for some reason they mess up my (or someone in my party) food order EVERY time. It's a running joke that they can't get it right. Such a shame! The service is usually meh, but we actually had an extremely friendly and attentive server this time. Keep going back for the good happy hour, sports bar atmosphere, and convenient location next to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014One of a few places available for Easter Sunday lunch, but pleasantly surprised. Food was delicious, service excellent, and surroundings cordial. Will return again.Special Features:
- Always good food, great menu.StevenDined on 4/5/2014I have never had a bad meal at Jonathans. Food is always excellent, atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great place toHannah6156Dined on 4/4/2014This was a great place to eat. It lives up to it's "upscale sports bar" definition but is also kid friendly. Some people may see this as a bad thing, but it wasn't bad while we were there. The food was good, maybe a bit overpriced for what you're getting. I would definitely eat at Jonathan's again.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We had a large group that arrived at different times and that's not always easy. The young lady that waited on us was very good. She kept up on the new arrivals, brought refills frequently, and worked with each separate bill. Kudos to her. We didn't have to wait for table at 5:00, but also didn't feel rushed as we lingered while catching up with old friends. Thanks for you great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable, tasty.PPPadreDined on 3/8/2014Quite a few large parties/ some there for drinks only. Very good lobster bisque; enjoyed the fish tacos. Wife had Reuben, which she enjoyed and our friend had patty melt with killer (battered) onion rings we all fought over. Service a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedNotimpressedDined on 2/15/2014We made reservations and when we got there they said it would be 30 minutes. The host was unapologetic and borderline rude. Her friend helping her was incredibly unprofessional and immature. We left and had a good experience elsewhere.
- Valentine's Day Datenotime2waitDined on 2/14/2014Had reservations for 8pm but waited 30 minutes until we were seated. Believe the hostess had forgotten my name until I approached her again about the reservations. Felt like the restaurant should have been more prepared for a big night like this because they ran out of Prime Rib and baked potatoes. The Ribeye steaks and mashed potatoes we decided to order instead was very good. I enjoyed the apple martinis I ordered. The waiter we had seemed to be too busy doing other things and did not check on us like he should have. We had given him a tip anyway eventhough we felt that he didnt deserve it. Overall we had a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeJamminDined on 2/14/2014This is probably a large chain restaurant but we don't have any around us so we weren't familiar with it. We went on valentines day so it was a bit crazy. Not the best waiter for us. They did have complimentary valet, which is very nice because there is a very busy mall right there and parking was difficult to find. Nice mix of food options, nice bar and grille feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice folksEmptyNestDinersDined on 2/14/2014Everybody had a great personality, and you know what that means when you start off an introduction by telling someone she has a great personality....there were other problems. We had a 7:30 reservation and didn't get seated until closer to 8:30. Granted it was Valentine's Day, but that is why we picked somewhere that was taking reservations, so we wouldn't have to wait for an hour. The only reason we even got seated then was because we agreed to a booth in the bar. The food was fine, but nothing outstanding, just typical neighborhood bar food. Honestly, I wasn't expecting a romantic evening, I was expecting to get seated on time because I had a reservation, that was my entire reason for choosing the place, and they blew it.Special Features:
- Good place for a groupSpongeBobDined on 2/14/2014Place's food is good and economical. Service was good and fast. In general a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewtrelladDined on 1/18/2014The entrée I ordered was not very good and the server forgot my salad, so it was not a great experience. However, I have enjoyed Jonathan's in the past, so I'm sure that it was just an aberration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monthly dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2014We like to go to Jonathan's for our monthly dinner parties. The food is great and the service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I went to Jonathan'sMrsCDined on 1/9/2014My friend and I went to Jonathan's for lunch. She had the pork sliders and they were excellent. I had the Buffalo chicken salad and was disappointed that the chicken was not heated. Lots of chicken though. This is my go to restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sports bar to go tolucky2VIPDined on 1/3/2014Great sports bar to go to before/after a movie at the Green Hills theater....just walk around the corner. Very busy all the time, but service is friendly and courteous. I don't think it is our server's fault, but the last few times we have been there, we are waiting a very long, long time for our drinks from the bar. In fact, my food arrived before my wine. Over all, I love this restaurant for convenience and good sports bar food, but I think they need to make the bar more efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGreatfoodDined on 11/22/2013Service and food were great. Love the atmosphere. First time dining here and will definitely go back. Loved using the online reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good before movie spotEileenVIPDined on 11/12/2013A group of us had lunch at Jonathan's Grille-Green Hills. I had the black bean burger, and highly recommend it. If you're going to Regal Theaters for a movie, it is a great spot to pick up dinner before the show. Shopping for the holidays? Conveniently located in the mall, for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot / Good Food!MelanieRVIPDined on 11/9/2013Title says it all! Give it a shot. Apps are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your happy hour prices areKiKiVIPDined on 11/1/2013Your happy hour prices are confusing - one time for happy hour appetizers and another time for happy hour drinks!Special Features:
- There were 4 in our partyVolmacVIPDined on 7/14/2013There were 4 in our party and 3 out of 4 had good food experiences. The 4th ordered grilled fish tacos and the fish did not taste fresh but in fact, fairly "fish-ee" in taste. She ate almost none of her entree but was not asked about that plus, she doesn't normally point out these things on her own. On the other hand, another in our party ordered the fish sandwich which I believe was fried and he really liked it. The Cobb and Luau salads were pretty tasty and the grilled chicken on my Cobb was terrific. I have had much better experiences in the other location but on the whole, this location is still better than many in the Casual Dining to slightly more upscale Casual Dining category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre movie diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2013Service was attentive in beginning and slow after meal served. Didn't check on meal. Prime rib had good flavor but was overlooked ( asked for medium rare) and was very tough- like leather. Been several times recently and others have been betterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchutvols13Dined on 5/31/2013I have been to this location mulitple times & typically it is AWESOME. I don't know if there was a new chef or what. But it took so long to get our sandwiches. The restaurant was not busy. I had a Zesty turkey sandwich. I ordered the sandwich without sauce. When the food finally came out there was sauce on it. I was on my lunch hour and did not have time for them to prepare a new sandwich. My server was very nice & apologized. He even offered a new sandwich but, due to timing could not wait. He did adjust my check for the inconvience. I will think twice before going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough to returnNickDined on 5/30/2013This was our first visit to Jonathan's. It's conveniently located next to a major mall - walking distance. The menu was good and varied in it's offerings. The food was very good for a sports bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sucker punchedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013I went to this establishment and had a wonderful meal with great service. So what's the complaint? I left a tip and apparently it was not enough for my server because upon checking my bank statement online the amount had been increased from what I had written on the original check. I have reported this to my bank, so beware when/if you go there.
- Good stuffMelanieVDined on 5/12/2013Honestly, we went here because it was Mother's Day & they took reservations on Open Table, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service. I had a pizza, which was perfect (great crust & dough) & my friends had sandwiches, which they both liked a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a quiet dinnerEmptynestersVIPDined on 5/9/2013First Time there I was surprised about how pleasant the place was. Now turned into a bar with food. If you want a nice place to get a drink? Go there! If you want a nice dinner after a hard days work? Go someplace else!Special Features:
- Enjoyable lunch despite slow servicOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/28/2013First time I'd taken my family there. We visited on a Sunday after church. Not too crowded. Finding agreeable choices for our family can be a challenge - but everyone loved what they had - from ages 8 to 80. Price was a bit high compared to other after-church places we tend to go. Partially due to a few adult drinks - but also because sodas were fairly expensive (which adds up with 7 people). At times - it seemed the service was REALLY slow - so they have some work to do there - but overall an enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- We had a group of 8 for dinnerJMBCDined on 4/26/2013We had a group of 8 for dinner (which Included 3 kids) and they handled the group well! Our server was attentive and the food was basic,but good.Special Features:
- Great place for a quick lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/24/2013Great place for a quick lunch in Green Hills. Diverse menu and plenty of options for everyone.Special Features:
- We arrived at 5 minutes areprinceofnashDined on 4/20/2013We arrived at 5 minutes are 6pm using reservations on Open Table. We were able to get in our seats for before our movie started at 6:55pm. This is a great place to go if you are looking for a quick bite before or after a movie or doing some shopping.Special Features:
- The menu selection is greatMrsCDined on 3/19/2013The menu selection is great and the food is wonderful. I have been to Jonathan's several times and the food has always been good. The last 3 times I have been there the service has been terrible. The wait staff has been way under par. It wasn't just one server either. I have felt that they were bored and didn't really want to be of service. A couple of tables came in after us and got their food before us. At my company of over 350 people this was a favorite place to go but I have spoken to many folks and they have stopped going there because of this same problem. Servers working during the lunch hour need to realize you are messing with someones lunch time. It doesn't matter how good the food is if the service is badSpecial Features:
- Unfortunately, well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2013In brief ... Ordered the Kobe burger and asked the server if it could be prepared medium rare. Assured it would be. First burger received was a thin patty and well done with the lettuce provided mostly brown. Made request for replacement. After some time, the second burger was delivered. Another thin patty and well done. While the burger was comped by the manager as messaged through the server (guess the manager was too busy), this first experience was not a good one. Unless I discover that the food quality and kitchen preparation has improved, will not be returning.