Jonah's Seafood House
2601 N. Main Street
East Peoria, IL 61611Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Jonah's Seafood House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jonahsseafood.com/J101/jonahs.nsf/vision?OpenPage
- Phone: 3096940947
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Oyster Bar: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Todd Waldschmidt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Jonah's offers several areas for semi-private events. The Boat Room is available for up to 15 and the Fireplace Room accommodates up to 20.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Waldschmidt 3096940946
A word from Jonah's Seafood House
Jonah’s Seafood House specializes in seafood treats with an eclectic mix of steaks, pork, chicken and pasta dishes. The menu is printed everyday to keep pace with seafood seasons and offers hundreds of choices to please. Children’s menu, too! Lunch prices average at $9. Dinner entree prices average $18. The house specialties change with the menu. The Bayou Marlin is a Jonah’s Classic. The 2601 Oyster Bar is a casual, seat-yourself atmosphere set in a world class oyster bar. The menu is a diverse mixture of oyster bar treats from around the nation. New York, San Francisco, New Orleans, Tampa and Miami are all represented. Price average $7. The house specialty is a wide offering of flat breads and the signature Cuban sandwich. Jonah’s "Down Under" Banquet Bar & Grill is a banquet facility with capacity from 20-300. Jonah's offers river level views and the cook-to-order style will make your next function be the talk of the town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Jonah's Seafood House - Best Restaurants in Peoria/East Peoria ›
Jonah's Seafood House reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)scenic view (51)good for groups (26)romantic (22)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- crowd noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We ( my wife and I ) were disappointed to be seated in a rather large room with groups of people who were rather boisterous. but all in all we enjoyed the food and the wait staff were wonderful. we hope to return and be seated in a more cozy area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome comfortHepnersDined on 8/23/2014Great food. Great location. Awesome service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine.geocourtDined on 8/23/2014We eat here several times a year and just love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in the Peoria area!JumamoDined on 8/22/2014Jonah's has a great variety of seafood dishes. It overlooks the river which provides a great dining experience. I had the tomato salad and Pascale Shrimp, both were delicious and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationDianeDined on 8/22/2014Absolutely no complaints. Good food. Good service.Special Features:
- Outstanding all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner. I had Salmon and she had Steak and Scallops. We also had the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer. Nice kick to this and the Shrimp were huge. All really good. The Salmon was a step above anything you normally find. And my wife's Filet was very tender and juicy.Special Features:
- StillinloveDined on 8/16/2014We have been coming several years on our anniversary. We have enjoyed each visit. The service and food are outstanding. We were a little disappointed our names were not on the menu since we requested it, but that did not distract from our over all experience. We hope to celebrate our 40th there next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - a little noisymdunlDined on 8/15/2014Good, fresh, seafood. Wide variety to choose from on an constantly updated menu. Due to all wood interior the noise level gets a little too high when nearing a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafood!GlobeTravelerDined on 8/7/2014Have their East Coast blue's oysters on the half shell, they're simply fantastic! Wide selection of fish with several options of cooking type for each; all excellent. Make your palate and yourself a great gift and enjoy a dinner at Jonah's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellantchicago1Dined on 8/6/2014The food and service was excellant. I was celebrating my birthday and it was exciting to see the restaurant placed on the menu the names of all of the birthday and anniversary celebrations for that day. Great touch....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We have always enjoyed coming to Jonah's for special occassions. Love the oysters rockefeller!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service - plain foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014I went to Jonah's because I heard they had great seafood., and took my wife there for her birthday. The staff and service was good, but I, nor my wife was impressed with the food. The food was not bad, but was just plain. For the price of the meal I expected more and will not be making a return visit.
- sunnylady66Dined on 8/2/2014I believe our waitress was Emily and she was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceReetDined on 7/24/2014Everything was great. Food was excellent and service was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionCar2mealsDined on 7/23/2014Celebrated my guy's birthday here. His name appeared on the menu headline with a Happy Birthday greeting. We were able to take one home as a souvenir. Food was excellent and wonderfully served. The large complimentary piece of chocolate cake was too big for us both so we had a nice piece to take home for later. The view of the sun setting on the Illinois River was lovely. Ramps are present to assist the handicap but are pretty steep. The ladies restroom did not have a handicap accessible stall. We had a delightful evening and will consider coming back for other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014Went for our first anniversary. Featured app was very good. Highly recommend the pascale shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The filet mignon steak at Jonah's is the best my wife and I have found in the Peoria area. We also enjoy the fresh fruit plate. The food is always very good and the service has always been great, so my wife and I celebrate our birthdays and anniversaries at Jonah's . This visit we were celebrating our anniversary and were disappointed that my wife had to eat alone while I had to wait for my steak to be prepared as ordered. I told the server it wasn't his fault, but it would have been nice to eat together on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okedumarDined on 7/16/2014My expectations were really high on this restaurant, after hearing a lot of feedback about it. But it was just ok. They brag about having fresh food and prepared at the moment, but I got one order in less than 3 min... Food didn't taste like nothing spectacular, something you can find anywhere, nothing new.Special Features:
- gumbo, chowder, clam flatbreadSweetWillieDined on 7/15/2014gumbo, chowder, clam flatbread, rice & beans were all outstanding. my pan fried oysters had a bit more breading than I like, but for "Midwestern" fried oysters they were quite good. Grilled fish dishes of my companions seemed very fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall it was verygoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Are waiter was awesome. The only thing was the hostess was very rude she didn't look at us and told the other girl just put them anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasion dinnerJayshaDined on 7/9/2014There was nothing lacking about our (my wife and I) dinner experience at Jonah's. The service and food was outstanding. A little pricey but outstanding. I enjoyed the King crab and Lobster dinner. The lobster was cooked to perfection and ,by far, the best lobster tail I've eaten in this area. I would definitely recommend Jonah's to friends and I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Yummy!newbygirl95Dined on 7/7/2014I've been to Jonah's several times and the food is always spectacular. The menu changes everyday depending on what the get shipped in that day so there are always new things to try. I've never had anything that I didn't enjoy. If you haven't been here before, the au gratin potatoes are a MUST TRY. They are cheesy and sweet and wonderful and probably the best part of my meal every time I go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquewaterfrontdineDined on 7/5/2014I always enjoy a local restaurant over the chains. Food is pricey here but good. We each had the broiled seafood platter which had swordfish which sadly lacked spices. I had the gumbo which came cold but was spicy from the sausage. Service was very good here.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodBobPVIPDined on 7/1/2014The place has some good seafood offerings. The restaurant is a bit shabby - needs a major facelift and a good cleaning. Staff are nice although slow to respond. A good seafood restaurant that could be great if they took the time and invested back into the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Nice resturant, the food quality and service has always been excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, nice seating location and just a wonderful time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014food, service was exceptional! room temperature was comfortable; lighting was appropriate, riverview was nice, received our appetizers, salads, and meal on a very timely basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Place for Allmom2twoDined on 6/6/2014I've had my rehearsal dinner, a few lunches, and several romantic dinners at Jonah's. Each occasion was memorable and fantastic. The menu is well-priced for what you get, the atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable yet refined, the service is always fantastic, and the food is fabulous. Probably the most impressive part of Jonah's to me, is that they really try to impress with every little detail. So many upper scale and more expensive restaurants don't. They print your occasion on the menu to take home, they have special free desserts for occasions (ie: huge piece of chocolate cake for anniversaries) they specially prepare their fresh food, the free bread and spread is delectable, even the garnish on their drinks makes them special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Great food and great service, nice atmosphere, on the riverSpecial Features:
- Fresh is the BestenjoygoodeatsDined on 5/27/2014Jonah's seafood is fresh, and you can tell! The scallops were some of the best I have ever had. My daughter's crab legs, and the wife's lobster tail were perfect! For those who prefer steak, the filet was done to perfection and as tender as could be. Make sure to get the sweet aug'ratin potatoes, they can't be described! It was nice to have our name on the daily menu while we celebrated our 25th anniversary.Special Features:
- evening outfriendsDined on 5/24/2014We had the special of the evening Oho Fish (3 of us). I did not include the garlic sauce, which may have been why it was a bit tough (dry). The mashed potatoes were good. My husband and friend had the sauce and my husband said his was good. Our friend didn't remark either way. Our other friend had jumbo shrimp and liked them, but she didn't eat the mashed potatoes. It wasn't a "wow, that was great food", Nobody said that. We enjoyed the area view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service !!!DTrainDined on 5/17/2014The waitress Lisa was wonderful!!! She made our experience even more satisfying. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldSaltDined on 5/10/2014Very nice resturant. Service was good. Food was excellent. Only complaint was a little noisey and the chowder was barely warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 516 reviews are from the Jonah's Seafood House reviews archive.
- Great!CentralILreviewerDined on 4/18/2014As always... great! Have been there numerous times and have never been disappointed. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointed.brack55Dined on 4/18/2014Server was always in a rush. Both fish meals were over cooked and server checked with us before we started eating the fish and didn't check with us again until we had finished. The salad and Key Lime pie was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nickis BirthdayBootyButtBrownDined on 4/12/2014Very accommodating due to change in time of reservation. Bar servers very friendly. Great Seafood and Steaks. Nice size birthday cake. Overall very nice.Special Features:
- Good place to goJimCDined on 4/12/2014Overall,the experience was as expected, very good. The only downside this time was getting seated. We arrived 5 minutes early and were seated over ten minutes late. Not sure why, as there were quite a few open tables where we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...maybe I expected too much?jfoster22Dined on 4/11/2014I had heard a lot of great things, so maybe I came in with high expectations. The ambiance was ok. Service was good overall even if our waiter was a bit brash. I expected a lot more from the food especially. The tuna appetizer was fantastic, but the main courses left a lot to be desired. I had scallops with mango chutney. The mango pieces were cut way too big to be eaten with the scallops, and tasted as if they had fish sauce squirted on them. Scallops were greasy. My husband had the halibut and it was just ok as well. We won't rush back.
- Michael BuisJustVisitingDined on 4/5/2014Great spot on the river...Best views during the sunset!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish as alwayscampbfhDined on 4/4/2014Great restaurant. Fresh fish, excellent chowder, prompt service. Only complaint is that the children's portions are too big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.