Jonah's Seafood House
2601 N. Main Street
East Peoria, IL 61611Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Jonah's Seafood House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jonahsseafood.com/J101/jonahs.nsf/vision?OpenPage
- Phone: 3096940947
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Oyster Bar: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Todd Waldschmidt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Jonah's offers several areas for semi-private events. The Boat Room is available for up to 15 and the Fireplace Room accommodates up to 20.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Waldschmidt 3096940946
A word from Jonah's Seafood House
Jonah’s Seafood House specializes in seafood treats with an eclectic mix of steaks, pork, chicken and pasta dishes. The menu is printed everyday to keep pace with seafood seasons and offers hundreds of choices to please. Children’s menu, too! Lunch prices average at $9. Dinner entree prices average $18. The house specialties change with the menu. The Bayou Marlin is a Jonah’s Classic. The 2601 Oyster Bar is a casual, seat-yourself atmosphere set in a world class oyster bar. The menu is a diverse mixture of oyster bar treats from around the nation. New York, San Francisco, New Orleans, Tampa and Miami are all represented. Price average $7. The house specialty is a wide offering of flat breads and the signature Cuban sandwich. Jonah’s "Down Under" Banquet Bar & Grill is a banquet facility with capacity from 20-300. Jonah's offers river level views and the cook-to-order style will make your next function be the talk of the town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Jonah's Seafood House - Best Restaurants in Peoria/East Peoria ›
Jonah's Seafood House reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)scenic view (46)good for groups (19)romantic (17)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Poor service and attittudeEatingoutisfunDined on 10/17/2014When I made the 7:45 p.m. reserveration told them it was our anniversary and asked for a table near the window. They sat us in a small room with a very large party! I told them I requested a window seat. (I saw four available in the next room near the windows). I was told that they do guarantee our requests would be honored. When the children in the large party started running around and knocking over dishes, we got up and left. The waitress had not even brought us water. I have children and love them, but when I am celebrating my anniversary I want a quiet and romantic place to eat! They did not provide that for us and they knew we were celebrating our anniversary, it was at the top of the menu!Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014We go here for the bang bang shrimp and fresh seafood. Portions are large. Service is quick.Special Features:
- Great place for a birthdayCharlogaDined on 10/13/2014I had the florida grouper Oscar and it was piled high with crab meat ! Then because it was my birthday they gave me a huge piece of layered chocolate cake (free) ! Other people at the table JD the bang bang shrimp and coconut shrimp and said it was delicious as well !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waste of moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Undercooked lobster, au gratin potatoes tasted like Betty Crockery with a cup of sugar added, and about 1/4 cup unrecognizable overcooked diced vegetables. Other 3 meals just as bad. Waste of money, and ruined what was meant to be a special occasion with family!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOutstandingDined on 9/26/2014we have never had a bad meal and the chocolate cake is the best you ever had. It is an an outstanding dining expierence.Special Features:
- Moms birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014Took my mom for lunch on her 85th birthday. She wanted crab legs and they were not on the lunch menu. They accommodated and did a 1/2 lb. she loved.Special Features:
- Love it!otterladyVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our second visit to Jonah's as we live in Indiana. Both visits were great! Food was very good and service both times was excellent! Server was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely eat at Jonah's again on our next trip to Peoria.Special Features:
- RichardnConnieMarieDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is a bit rustic inside and has a beautiful view of the river. A good selection of seafood considering Peoria is the middle of the country. Menu changes each day according to our waitress. The food was good. Seafood special was rather rich.Special Features:
- very happy with serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My waiter was awesome. He kept my glass filled and was very nice to my two girls. However, I was v upset because I made reservations at 715 pm and was not seated until 750 pm. After a large party came in after us at 730. I will not be going back.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We (party of 4) arrived at 6:50 Saturday evening for our 7:00 reservation. We were seated shortly after 7:30. The waiter announced they were out of the special, and two other entrees. When he returned with our drinks to take our dinner order, he apologized that they were out of another entree. At this point our options were very limited. I go to Long John Silver for fried fish. I go to Jonah’s for excellent seafood. I started to feel I had arrived at Long John Silver. The food was good. Not special as meals I have had there in the past. But good. We were taking our son and his new wife of three months out for her birthday. Overall, we were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Food. Super Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great experience. We arrived a few minutes early. Our table was ready at exactly the reservation time. We enjoyed very good service and very tasty food.Special Features:
- crowd noisev6j8ansDined on 8/30/2014We ( my wife and I ) were disappointed to be seated in a rather large room with groups of people who were rather boisterous. but all in all we enjoyed the food and the wait staff were wonderful. we hope to return and be seated in a more cozy area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome comfortHepnersDined on 8/23/2014Great food. Great location. Awesome service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine.geocourtDined on 8/23/2014We eat here several times a year and just love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in the Peoria area!JumamoDined on 8/22/2014Jonah's has a great variety of seafood dishes. It overlooks the river which provides a great dining experience. I had the tomato salad and Pascale Shrimp, both were delicious and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationDianeDined on 8/22/2014Absolutely no complaints. Good food. Good service.Special Features:
- Outstanding all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner. I had Salmon and she had Steak and Scallops. We also had the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer. Nice kick to this and the Shrimp were huge. All really good. The Salmon was a step above anything you normally find. And my wife's Filet was very tender and juicy.Special Features:
- StillinloveDined on 8/16/2014We have been coming several years on our anniversary. We have enjoyed each visit. The service and food are outstanding. We were a little disappointed our names were not on the menu since we requested it, but that did not distract from our over all experience. We hope to celebrate our 40th there next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - a little noisymdunlDined on 8/15/2014Good, fresh, seafood. Wide variety to choose from on an constantly updated menu. Due to all wood interior the noise level gets a little too high when nearing a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafood!GlobeTravelerDined on 8/7/2014Have their East Coast blue's oysters on the half shell, they're simply fantastic! Wide selection of fish with several options of cooking type for each; all excellent. Make your palate and yourself a great gift and enjoy a dinner at Jonah's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellantchicago1Dined on 8/6/2014The food and service was excellant. I was celebrating my birthday and it was exciting to see the restaurant placed on the menu the names of all of the birthday and anniversary celebrations for that day. Great touch....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We have always enjoyed coming to Jonah's for special occassions. Love the oysters rockefeller!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service - plain foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014I went to Jonah's because I heard they had great seafood., and took my wife there for her birthday. The staff and service was good, but I, nor my wife was impressed with the food. The food was not bad, but was just plain. For the price of the meal I expected more and will not be making a return visit.
- sunnylady66Dined on 8/2/2014I believe our waitress was Emily and she was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceReetDined on 7/24/2014Everything was great. Food was excellent and service was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionCar2mealsDined on 7/23/2014Celebrated my guy's birthday here. His name appeared on the menu headline with a Happy Birthday greeting. We were able to take one home as a souvenir. Food was excellent and wonderfully served. The large complimentary piece of chocolate cake was too big for us both so we had a nice piece to take home for later. The view of the sun setting on the Illinois River was lovely. Ramps are present to assist the handicap but are pretty steep. The ladies restroom did not have a handicap accessible stall. We had a delightful evening and will consider coming back for other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014Went for our first anniversary. Featured app was very good. Highly recommend the pascale shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The filet mignon steak at Jonah's is the best my wife and I have found in the Peoria area. We also enjoy the fresh fruit plate. The food is always very good and the service has always been great, so my wife and I celebrate our birthdays and anniversaries at Jonah's . This visit we were celebrating our anniversary and were disappointed that my wife had to eat alone while I had to wait for my steak to be prepared as ordered. I told the server it wasn't his fault, but it would have been nice to eat together on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okedumarDined on 7/16/2014My expectations were really high on this restaurant, after hearing a lot of feedback about it. But it was just ok. They brag about having fresh food and prepared at the moment, but I got one order in less than 3 min... Food didn't taste like nothing spectacular, something you can find anywhere, nothing new.Special Features:
- gumbo, chowder, clam flatbreadSweetWillieDined on 7/15/2014gumbo, chowder, clam flatbread, rice & beans were all outstanding. my pan fried oysters had a bit more breading than I like, but for "Midwestern" fried oysters they were quite good. Grilled fish dishes of my companions seemed very fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall it was verygoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Are waiter was awesome. The only thing was the hostess was very rude she didn't look at us and told the other girl just put them anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasion dinnerJayshaDined on 7/9/2014There was nothing lacking about our (my wife and I) dinner experience at Jonah's. The service and food was outstanding. A little pricey but outstanding. I enjoyed the King crab and Lobster dinner. The lobster was cooked to perfection and ,by far, the best lobster tail I've eaten in this area. I would definitely recommend Jonah's to friends and I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Yummy!newbygirl95Dined on 7/7/2014I've been to Jonah's several times and the food is always spectacular. The menu changes everyday depending on what the get shipped in that day so there are always new things to try. I've never had anything that I didn't enjoy. If you haven't been here before, the au gratin potatoes are a MUST TRY. They are cheesy and sweet and wonderful and probably the best part of my meal every time I go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquewaterfrontdineDined on 7/5/2014I always enjoy a local restaurant over the chains. Food is pricey here but good. We each had the broiled seafood platter which had swordfish which sadly lacked spices. I had the gumbo which came cold but was spicy from the sausage. Service was very good here.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodBobPVIPDined on 7/1/2014The place has some good seafood offerings. The restaurant is a bit shabby - needs a major facelift and a good cleaning. Staff are nice although slow to respond. A good seafood restaurant that could be great if they took the time and invested back into the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 525 reviews are from the Jonah's Seafood House reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Nice resturant, the food quality and service has always been excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, nice seating location and just a wonderful time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014food, service was exceptional! room temperature was comfortable; lighting was appropriate, riverview was nice, received our appetizers, salads, and meal on a very timely basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Place for Allmom2twoDined on 6/6/2014I've had my rehearsal dinner, a few lunches, and several romantic dinners at Jonah's. Each occasion was memorable and fantastic. The menu is well-priced for what you get, the atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable yet refined, the service is always fantastic, and the food is fabulous. Probably the most impressive part of Jonah's to me, is that they really try to impress with every little detail. So many upper scale and more expensive restaurants don't. They print your occasion on the menu to take home, they have special free desserts for occasions (ie: huge piece of chocolate cake for anniversaries) they specially prepare their fresh food, the free bread and spread is delectable, even the garnish on their drinks makes them special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Great food and great service, nice atmosphere, on the riverSpecial Features: