4 New Valley Road
New City, NY 10956Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joliesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (845) 709-6733
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00am- 11:30am
Lunch: Monday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Tuesday-Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joel Faber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Jolie's
American comfort food served in an beautiful casual space. From our walnut topped bar, oak wood floors, to our inviting outdoor seating you will feel transported to Manhattan without the commute. Freshly prepared breakfast, lunch & dinner as well as home baked desserts sets this restaurant apart from the rest of the county.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Jolie's - Best Restaurants in New City ›
Jolie's reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (19)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always amazingFoodsnobDined on 11/22/2014We always know when we go to Jolie's we are guaranteed a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great night!JeanDined on 11/21/2014Have been to Jolie's many times. Food is always excellent, waiters/waitresses are always so nice, available and helpful. Have been there for a work-related lunch, dinner with my husband and many nights out with the ladies:) Always a good time - staff could not be friendlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchDeboraVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great variety of food. Reasonable prices. Everyone in our party of 4 enjoyed their brunch. Service staff were friendly and attentive. Would definately go back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceClassicFlagsVIPDined on 11/9/2014Went on a Sunday evening based on a recommendation from a friend who lives in the area. He said we would not be disappointed as we had to drive about 20 minutes from NJ, and we weren't! Had the homemade hummus to start (excellent) , then I had the Chicken Pot Pie special and my wife had the mac and cheese. Both were very flavorful and portions were just right, not too big, not too small. Topped it off with sharing a homemade Chipwich dessert. Our server (Mary, I think was her name) was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. They even offer a hot cider, with or without alcohol, with your meal. Will definitely go back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Very noisy and waitress had a high pitched loud annoying voice. Food did not compensate for any of this.
- Too BadJanetVIPDined on 10/30/2014I enjoyed my first trip to Jolie's and the food was very good. Unfortunately there was a large party there at the same time and the noise was overwhelming--my friend and I could not talk or hear each other very well. The managers did accommodate us moving to different tables, but it is a small place and only helped a little. I would go back when it is quieter.Special Features:
- Casual dinningBillTDined on 10/25/2014Terrific place for friends and family to relax have a cocktail and a great mealSpecial Features:
- Solid food and servicePaulLDined on 10/25/2014We've been to Jolie's 4 times now, once for brunch and 3x for dinner. Everything we have tried has been somewhere from good to very good. They really like truffles, which I had in mac and cheese and risotto. Good selection of craft beer as well and bloody mary with a "stalk" of bacon in it!Special Features:
- how did I not know it was here?ilovesnacksDined on 10/25/2014I've passed by jolies many times and never stopped in. It was great, nice atmosphere and nice for a quiet brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy NY GuyNYkindofguyDined on 10/24/2014Made reservations for 6 but only had 5. No problem at Jolie's they accommodated us with out a hitch. Service was fantastic, food was unreal, my guests were so impressed they couldn't stop raving about the place.Special Features:
- DelightfulFoodLoverDined on 10/19/2014Not only is the food wonderful, but it's the cutest place. A group of 7 of us went for brunch. The decor is great, they have creative food and it was an overall enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- ThanksBrunchnationDined on 10/19/2014Great Brunch! Brought friends to Jolie's from out of town and they enjoyed very much as well!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in New CityFoodsnobDined on 10/2/2014Food is always fresh and delicious. Restaurant is beautiful and comfortable. Wait staff is the best around. Love this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fine food, but...peebee1Dined on 10/2/2014Jolie's food is very fine quality, well priced, nicely prepared and presented. A liquor menu is absent from their otherwise handsome and complete website. Liquor pricing is absent from the liquor menu in the restaurant. Specials were recited without prices. When we asked, special prices were considerably higher than menu items. These, along with somewhat over eager service, suggest a push toward impulse purchase, a ploy which conflicts with a fine dining image.Special Features:
- Over ratedSandyDined on 9/11/2014Took a friend there for dinner for her birthday. Place looks like a pub. Food was just okay, portions were small and it was way overpriced. Would not go back again or recommend.
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Got to the restaurant and it was closed. Did arrive on timeSpecial Features:
- A Welcome Surprise!KatGDined on 8/29/2014This is my second visit and both times I had made a reservation and we were seated on time. The wait staff was extremely personable, friendly and efficient. The food was excellent! On my first trip I had the Duck Salad, and it was wonderful. This time I had the Skirt Steak which was also delicious! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food and nice serviceMichdollDined on 8/22/2014Early diner on a Friday night with our 2-year-old and it was quiet and kid-friendly. We had a comfortable corner where our daughter actually had a little space to spread out. She had the burger and fries off the kids menu and it was very tender, tasty beef ($8 with cheese). I wanted the lobster appetizer, but they said they were out, but had lobster risotto as a special. It was very flavorful, plenty of lobster though the rice was a touch undercooked. Very nice and filling dish, but I wish the servers would list specials with prices instead of having to ask. Husband had the cioppino which was delicious and generous. Ceasar salad has real anchovy taste which we like. The server was very nice and service was fast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendSUNYPARENTDined on 8/19/2014The food and service is consistently good. Specials always available. This visit I had appetizer grilled octopus over a white bean puree. Was outstanding. (suggestion: ask price of specials: this one was the cost of an entree) Service is always friendly , cheerful and again, consistent, by a young pleasant waitstaff. Chef will honor special requests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/10/2014We were a group of 8 for brunch. Service was pleasant but spotty -- had to ask repeatedly for more coffee, etc. Staff seemed over-worked. Then, after about 1 1/2 hours the owner came out and asked us -- very nicely -- to leave because he needed the table.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Jolie's reviews archive.
- Great FindexcellentVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had dinner and were pleasantly surprised. It is a small restaurant and the service was excellent. The numerous fish dishes were excellent. Of course we tried the mac and cheese appetizer which was delicious. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Jolie's is the gem of new city! A real treat for any meal !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jolly JoliemitchVIPDined on 7/5/2014From the friendly staff to the friendly, tasty food Jolie's is a dinner that will put a smile on your face. The ribs with the clump of corn bread to the bacon wrapped meatloaf to the special of lobster risotto you will enjoy your food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHungry4goodfoodDined on 7/1/2014I have had dinner twice at Jolie's. Each time the food was great. The service was terrific. There is a good variety of dishes offered. I will return again and continue to recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Local SpotJoeyTDined on 6/24/2014Glad to have a good local spot that is American food.Special Features:
- Good food but terrible serviceHuey2Dined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day brunch. We asked for a high chair and hostess said she'd get one and removed a chair to make space. Then she went back to her stand (where the high chairs were) and proceeded to sit multiple other parties while I was left standing waiting, holding my wiggly baby for over five minutes. Finally my husband went to get one and she told him to hand her all the many bags that were stacked on top of the high chairs without coming to help. Our waitress forgot my coffee and bring the side orders for our kids. Never checked back until we stopped her. She then had to be tackled for our check. At least food was good--but not good enough to make up for the extremely poor service.Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodsnobDined on 6/15/2014Love this restaurant! Consistently delicious food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and ConvenientBethVIPDined on 6/7/2014Have eaten here 4 times now--3 dinners and a brunch. Food is very good, service is fine (generally good but there are some young and inexperienced servers) and pricing is fair. I am glad this is open in New City as it is an easy casual place to have in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Tee2014Dined on 6/1/2014My sister and I had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and the service was great. Our waitress and hostess were friendly, bright and sweet. We enjoyed our brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014The food was great! New York City feel. I will definitely go back :-)Special Features:
- Tres JoliequicheandtellDined on 5/11/2014The menu is simple without being simplistic. Presentation is attractive without being fussy. Everything ordered was thoroughly enjoyed. (Really. My two kids didn't text even ONCE during the entire meal.) Service is attentive, friendly and enthusiastic without feeling phony, fawning or overly familiar. Jolie's came through with a lovely Mothers' Day dinner. Not surprised. Been there before. Will be there again.Special Features:
- ENJOYABLEJessDined on 5/11/2014The food was great. Very delicious flavors. I highly recommend the chorizo and caramelized onions mac and cheese. I had the diver scallops special. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the Parmesan polenta had amazing flavor. I also tried the mussels appetizer which had a wonderful mild flavor. The lobster risotto was also delicious. Desserts were okay. It was not crowded, and despite the hardwood floors it didn't appear to be too loud. I recommended this place to my friend who lives in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirsttimethereDined on 5/10/2014Great for couples or group of friends. I would not recommend for children.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening!FoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Based on the reviews we read prior to going i was expecting a very casual place more suitable for mac & cheese and burgers than the outstanding meal we had.We were seated on time with our reservation and had a fantastic waitress, full of energy and enthusiasm who gave us all of the attention (plus some) that made our visit very enjoyable. In addition to their regular menu, there was a very nice selection of specials which we ordered from.The stripped bass in a tasty sauce was one of the better stripped bass meals i've had.The dessert menu was also great.The only thing i would like to see be addressed is the noise level which was quite loud at times. All in all, a very pleasant surprise close to home in Rockland County.We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very GoodB123VIPDined on 4/15/2014Jolie's is a neighborhood gem which has friendly service and good food.Special Features:
- Planning to return.....TashaVIPDined on 4/5/2014Unfortunately we never ended out eating at the restaurant as we were going to be seated by the kitchen door which we really didn't want. If we waited a little while, they were happy to place us at another table but then we would have had a time restraint for our movie, so we left. While we were waiting, the dishes we saw looked really good, but it was so noisy that I'm glad we didn't stay. Definitely would not have been able to hear each other between the loud chatter and loud music. I would like to go back another time, but maybe not a Saturday evening. Everyone in the restaurant seemed happy so I do think it's worth another shot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch!VeeMDined on 3/30/2014Went to jolie's for brunch this sunday. Made a reservation using open table and was glad i did-our table was ready and waiting! Food was delicious and both the choices and prices were great! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, nice decor,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Food was very good, nice decor, good service ....Much too noisy!!!!! We had trouble hearing our friends at the table with usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Such a nice menu and the food is consistently very good! It's becoming our local hot spot. You should make a reservation. It's not a large restaurant and So popular that without reservations it could be a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super local placeBethVIPDined on 3/21/2014Went on March 21 for first time. Was wary of trying at first as the former occupant of the space was a diner. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that they have done a great interior re-do--it is a warm, brick walled space with lovely bar and ambiance. Food was fantastic--we had the lobster risotto and the lamb shank. Service was first rate--our server was knowledgable and friendly. Drinks were well made. We will definitely be back and if they continue the food and service level, will become a regular on our list.Special Features: