4 New Valley Road
New City, NY 10956Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joliesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8457096733x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00am- 11:30am
Lunch: Monday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Tuesday-Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joel Faber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Jolie's
American comfort food served in an beautiful casual space. From our walnut topped bar, oak wood floors, to our inviting outdoor seating you will feel transported to Manhattan without the commute. Freshly prepared breakfast, lunch & dinner as well as home baked desserts sets this restaurant apart from the rest of the county.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Jolie's - Best Restaurants in New City ›
Jolie's reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (8)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Took a friend there for dinner for her birthday. Place looks like a pub. Food was just okay, portions were small and it was way overpriced. Would not go back again or recommend.
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Got to the restaurant and it was closed. Did arrive on timeSpecial Features:
- A Welcome Surprise!KatGDined on 8/29/2014This is my second visit and both times I had made a reservation and we were seated on time. The wait staff was extremely personable, friendly and efficient. The food was excellent! On my first trip I had the Duck Salad, and it was wonderful. This time I had the Skirt Steak which was also delicious! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food and nice serviceMichdollDined on 8/22/2014Early diner on a Friday night with our 2-year-old and it was quiet and kid-friendly. We had a comfortable corner where our daughter actually had a little space to spread out. She had the burger and fries off the kids menu and it was very tender, tasty beef ($8 with cheese). I wanted the lobster appetizer, but they said they were out, but had lobster risotto as a special. It was very flavorful, plenty of lobster though the rice was a touch undercooked. Very nice and filling dish, but I wish the servers would list specials with prices instead of having to ask. Husband had the cioppino which was delicious and generous. Ceasar salad has real anchovy taste which we like. The server was very nice and service was fast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendSUNYPARENTDined on 8/19/2014The food and service is consistently good. Specials always available. This visit I had appetizer grilled octopus over a white bean puree. Was outstanding. (suggestion: ask price of specials: this one was the cost of an entree) Service is always friendly , cheerful and again, consistent, by a young pleasant waitstaff. Chef will honor special requests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/10/2014We were a group of 8 for brunch. Service was pleasant but spotty -- had to ask repeatedly for more coffee, etc. Staff seemed over-worked. Then, after about 1 1/2 hours the owner came out and asked us -- very nicely -- to leave because he needed the table.Special Features:
- Great FindexcellentVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had dinner and were pleasantly surprised. It is a small restaurant and the service was excellent. The numerous fish dishes were excellent. Of course we tried the mac and cheese appetizer which was delicious. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Jolie's is the gem of new city! A real treat for any meal !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jolly JoliemitchVIPDined on 7/5/2014From the friendly staff to the friendly, tasty food Jolie's is a dinner that will put a smile on your face. The ribs with the clump of corn bread to the bacon wrapped meatloaf to the special of lobster risotto you will enjoy your food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHungry4goodfoodDined on 7/1/2014I have had dinner twice at Jolie's. Each time the food was great. The service was terrific. There is a good variety of dishes offered. I will return again and continue to recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Local SpotJoeyTDined on 6/24/2014Glad to have a good local spot that is American food.Special Features:
- Good food but terrible serviceHuey2Dined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day brunch. We asked for a high chair and hostess said she'd get one and removed a chair to make space. Then she went back to her stand (where the high chairs were) and proceeded to sit multiple other parties while I was left standing waiting, holding my wiggly baby for over five minutes. Finally my husband went to get one and she told him to hand her all the many bags that were stacked on top of the high chairs without coming to help. Our waitress forgot my coffee and bring the side orders for our kids. Never checked back until we stopped her. She then had to be tackled for our check. At least food was good--but not good enough to make up for the extremely poor service.Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodsnobDined on 6/15/2014Love this restaurant! Consistently delicious food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and ConvenientBethVIPDined on 6/7/2014Have eaten here 4 times now--3 dinners and a brunch. Food is very good, service is fine (generally good but there are some young and inexperienced servers) and pricing is fair. I am glad this is open in New City as it is an easy casual place to have in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 33 reviews are from the Jolie's reviews archive.
- Wonderful!Tee2014Dined on 6/1/2014My sister and I had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and the service was great. Our waitress and hostess were friendly, bright and sweet. We enjoyed our brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014The food was great! New York City feel. I will definitely go back :-)Special Features:
- Tres JoliequicheandtellDined on 5/11/2014The menu is simple without being simplistic. Presentation is attractive without being fussy. Everything ordered was thoroughly enjoyed. (Really. My two kids didn't text even ONCE during the entire meal.) Service is attentive, friendly and enthusiastic without feeling phony, fawning or overly familiar. Jolie's came through with a lovely Mothers' Day dinner. Not surprised. Been there before. Will be there again.Special Features:
- ENJOYABLEJessDined on 5/11/2014The food was great. Very delicious flavors. I highly recommend the chorizo and caramelized onions mac and cheese. I had the diver scallops special. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the Parmesan polenta had amazing flavor. I also tried the mussels appetizer which had a wonderful mild flavor. The lobster risotto was also delicious. Desserts were okay. It was not crowded, and despite the hardwood floors it didn't appear to be too loud. I recommended this place to my friend who lives in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirsttimethereDined on 5/10/2014Great for couples or group of friends. I would not recommend for children.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening!FoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Based on the reviews we read prior to going i was expecting a very casual place more suitable for mac & cheese and burgers than the outstanding meal we had.We were seated on time with our reservation and had a fantastic waitress, full of energy and enthusiasm who gave us all of the attention (plus some) that made our visit very enjoyable. In addition to their regular menu, there was a very nice selection of specials which we ordered from.The stripped bass in a tasty sauce was one of the better stripped bass meals i've had.The dessert menu was also great.The only thing i would like to see be addressed is the noise level which was quite loud at times. All in all, a very pleasant surprise close to home in Rockland County.We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very GoodB123VIPDined on 4/15/2014Jolie's is a neighborhood gem which has friendly service and good food.Special Features:
- Planning to return.....TashaVIPDined on 4/5/2014Unfortunately we never ended out eating at the restaurant as we were going to be seated by the kitchen door which we really didn't want. If we waited a little while, they were happy to place us at another table but then we would have had a time restraint for our movie, so we left. While we were waiting, the dishes we saw looked really good, but it was so noisy that I'm glad we didn't stay. Definitely would not have been able to hear each other between the loud chatter and loud music. I would like to go back another time, but maybe not a Saturday evening. Everyone in the restaurant seemed happy so I do think it's worth another shot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch!VeeMDined on 3/30/2014Went to jolie's for brunch this sunday. Made a reservation using open table and was glad i did-our table was ready and waiting! Food was delicious and both the choices and prices were great! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, nice decor,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Food was very good, nice decor, good service ....Much too noisy!!!!! We had trouble hearing our friends at the table with usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Such a nice menu and the food is consistently very good! It's becoming our local hot spot. You should make a reservation. It's not a large restaurant and So popular that without reservations it could be a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super local placeBethVIPDined on 3/21/2014Went on March 21 for first time. Was wary of trying at first as the former occupant of the space was a diner. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that they have done a great interior re-do--it is a warm, brick walled space with lovely bar and ambiance. Food was fantastic--we had the lobster risotto and the lamb shank. Service was first rate--our server was knowledgable and friendly. Drinks were well made. We will definitely be back and if they continue the food and service level, will become a regular on our list.Special Features:
- Tuned out to be a swanNavigatorDined on 3/13/2014We literally stayed in the car and marveled at the ugly facade debating just not gong in. It took some time, but we girded our loins and wrestled past the gross white iron railing. The other side of the door was like entering Narnia: beautiful room, attentive and unusually attractive servers and staff, and food that gently, calmly and a little whimsically shattered our expectations and presumptions. Simply fabulous. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the all too rare treat of excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mac and cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014if you are a mac and cheese fan this is the place to go. their mac and cheese is out of this world and by far the best i have ever eaten!Special Features:
- very gooddin42Dined on 3/1/2014Service was very friendly and the food was very good .. small room that forces you to sit pretty close to other tables but still a nice place. Nice experience and more importantly .. nice mixture of flavors .Special Features:
- consistently good foodPaulLDined on 3/1/2014to be clear, I have only been for brunch once and fir dinner once. based on that, every dish we ordered was excellent. dinner came out very quickly, which can be good but can also be too quick if dinner is meant to fill your evening. have not tried deserts yet. we will be back!Special Features:
- First time at Jolie's. EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/25/2014First time at Jolie's. Enjoyed all aspects of the meal, will definitely return & try breakfast, lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Wait staff was knowledgable and attentive. Food was excellent. Overall experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still working out some kinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2014The menu was extensive.... Many things that sounded good to choose from. The salmon off the menu was good, but the lobsters (we had two of them) off the specials were dry and the stuffing was nothing special. Also if they are going to serve lobsters, they need lobster forks. The lamb chops (also a special) were ok... Not bad but not great, but there were a lot of them! We will try it again however because we're always looking for a nearby neighborhood gem.
- Valentine SpecialShipsWatcherDined on 2/14/2014Kudos on Valentine's day for providing a lovely rose to each couple, and chocolate dipped strawberries to top off an excellent meal! A nice touch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemB123VIPDined on 2/14/2014We have had only good experiences at Jolie's The staff, although very young, try hard and they are very pleasant. The dinners have all been very good to excellent. I would recommend this restaurant without a second thought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu, I really likedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Great Menu, I really liked the options available, not your typical menu choices. Everything from the Apps to Dessert was delicious. Great presentation of all plates. I really liked this restaurant not your typical restaurant, this place really stands out for me and will be a place I tell many people about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first dinner at jolievampiraDined on 1/29/2014Waitress was excellent, bubbly and helpful Shared lobster roll...huge and delicious....it was split in kitchen which is always a plus....they also split our dessert...delicious rice pudding I had tuna, my friend had salmon...both delicious and cooked to perfection Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingmitchVIPDined on 1/25/2014This was our first experience and we went for dinner. The intimate nature of the restaurant gives it a nice feel. The staff are friendly if not overly competent - our drink order did not come out right - but the the menu and specials were varied without being overbearing. I had the ribs & corn bread which was very good. I wouldn't hesitate to give Jolie's another go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local restaurant a hitsandioDined on 1/18/2014Great to have a local restaurant with a diverse menu and good food.Special Features:
- Jolie's is a very welcomeGrammyVIPDined on 1/16/2014Jolie's is a very welcome addition to the New City scene. I have had lunch and dinner there, and although I am sure that the dinner entrees are excellent, as were the lunch offerings, IQ find the prices for the dinner menu a tad expensive for a New City neighborhood place. I would prefer, when going to a spot such as Jolies , not to have entrees in the $24and up price range. Sure, there were some for less, but not enough. The food is delicious, and I will continue to go for lunch, but probably not for dinner.Special Features: