JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House
16 E. Patrick Street
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jojosrestauranttaphouse.com/
- Phone: (301) 732-5197
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: Open - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: James Johns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can hold up to 35 people for any special occasion. Special menus are available for large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Joanna Button 3017325197x
- Cross Street: No Cross Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is plenty of street parking along Patrick Street and Market Street. There are also two parking decks in close proximity to JoJo"s Restaurant & Tap House, East Church Street Parking Garage and Carrol Creek Parking Garage.
A word from JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House
JoJo’s Restaurant & Tap House provides a bit of a unique dining experience. We have a semi-private dining room that will appeal to those wanting a nice, casual atmosphere without the noise and bustle of a bar right next to them. For those looking for a bit more in the way of live music, a great selection of craft beer and an evening out with friends, our Tap House side hits the mark. Our restaurant layout allows us to appeal to all ages and groups as we routinely have customers from their 20's to their 80's enjoying both sides of JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (19)vibrant bar scene (19)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (14)romantic (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- pre-theater brunchtreatseekerDined on 11/23/2014What a wonderful menu & service! Plus delicious food. Each one of us ordered a different dish w/ very specific instructions: no salt added to my dish, no peppers in my omelet, Gluten free dish, etc. Each entree was delivered promptly with the exact request noted as it was placed in front of the diner. Very pleased. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roberj09Dined on 11/22/2014The hostess wasn't able to locate my Open Table reservation and mentioned that they stopped using Open Table for reservations months ago. After we were seated (which took no time at all, despite the hostess not being able to find our reservation), I received a call from the restaurant asking if they should continue holding our table. Was a bit awkward and confusing, but other than that, the ambiance of this cute little Jazz bar was awesome. Live music, candle lit tables, exposed brick walls, great wine and food made for an overall awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place, expansive menu, average foodInterestingDined on 11/14/2014JoJo's is a great place with an expansive menu. Sometimes the food combinations a little odd...making it good for foodies, haha! On our last visit, my husband had the stuffed steak...which was good, but I did not care for the goat cheese in it. I had the meatloaf...while the sauce and potatoes were great, I felt the meatloaf itself did not have much flavor and was on the dry side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the ShowFoodieDined on 11/14/2014Jojo' s is a great " before the show" restaurant. You can have dinner or appetizers and salad and feel very satisfied. Portions are perfectly sized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good farm to forkFamilyof3VIPDined on 11/9/2014There were definitely a few great items on the menu and a few we ordered. We love farm to fork and they did a good job with that. A few items lacked the flavor we were looking for. I had the yellowfin tuna salad and it was a bit chewy and served with basil and tomatoes. It could have had much more flavor with another items or two and a better dressing. I think the specials are the way to go. The wine list is not great. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- DeliciousKellyDined on 11/8/2014We had great service and the food was even better! I got the bacon wrapped steak and was beyond happy with my meal. Definitely going to go back and just order all the appetizers! We had the blue crab jalapeño poppers and we're wishing you got more than three!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Jo Jo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014My wife and I enjoy going to Jo's for a wonderful dinner. Also a great place to just stop in for a drinkSpecial Features:
- quiet brunchartjamacVIPDined on 10/26/2014I haven't been to quiet brunch and it's just what i need. It's a big change of vibe (and it's a good vibe) from DC. DC has too many noisy brunch. This place is busy, but not too noisy. Brunch is good. My friends and I enjoyed it. The po' boys are ok. I had better po boys elsewhere.Special Features:
- fav spot2matoDined on 10/18/2014great as always good company helps any time I can make an excuse to eat there I willSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another downtown gemsavorflavorDined on 10/4/2014Excellent service and moderate prices. The mushroom soup was perfectly prepared and the oysters on the Pro Boy were very tender. The couples tables at the windows provide a great view of the downtown street scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Friends recommended JoJo's but did not tell us what it was like. We were looking for new places to dine and decided to try it. We were delighted with the Cajun style dishes that were very well prepared. Dining room was quiet; bar was vibrant. Service was attentive, knowledgable and friendly. We will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ service food & atmosphereJahawkkDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Jojo's and enjoyed every aspect of it. The atmosphere and service was the highlight although the food was excellent as well. Even with a full area our waitress ensured our glasses were never empty, brought everything out without rushing our previous course and knew every item on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good times2matoDined on 8/9/2014fab meal crab dip was wonderful ,the shrimp effoutte was spot on. the buffalo chicken pasta was great and the ribeye sandwichs had a wonderful flavor. service was superb ,the bourbon was so smooth and I was told that the other drinks were good. All of that and then to be one guy surrounded by 5 beautiful women can't get better than that . And to top it off the band Hard Swimmin Fish were very good . Can't ask for more than that . we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time trying it.ChrisDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent, and the specials were outstanding. Service was good, very nice and stayed on everything. Overall good experience and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food! Great service!LovefrederickRestaurantsDined on 8/2/2014I have been to Jojo's twice now and both times the food was amazing and cooked to perfection. The waitstaff was attentive and knowledgeable and very friendly. The cat was very reasonable. I highly recommend Jojo's !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jojo's offers excellent diningpicklejuiceDined on 7/31/2014Jojo's is located in the historic distrcit of Frederick and offers inside or sidewalk seating. The menu is just right with variety and thoughtful planning. The salmon and seafood meatloaf were delicious. The service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- The following 71 reviews are from the JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House reviews archive.
- Just Wonderful!MarylandBelleDined on 7/5/2014Just Wonderful!! So very easy to make a reservation. Mine was for two...but two other girlfriends joined us....nooo problem! Google maps has the location on the wrong side of the street soooo we walked up n down a bit makin us a lil late for our reservation...nooo problem! I called for directions and spoke to a very nice person who told me nooo problem! Upon arrival smiles greeted us from everyone and we were promptly sat. Our waiter was very nice and when the food arrived in short order it was very very tasty and plentiful! The atmosphere is lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I'm tellin all my friends!Special Features:
- Never disapointedgeniusVIPDined on 7/3/2014JoJo's Restaurant and Tap House has become my "go to" place. I have never been disappointed in their food or service. The specials menu has the freshest and in season items, but the regular menu also makes it difficult to choose as there is so much to choose from. I have yet to be disappointed with any of my choices from beginner to desert.Special Features:
- DinneroutagainVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was great! We arrived on the early side since we were seeing a show. The waiter was very attentive. The food was delicious. We tried 2 appetizers that were very good. We sat by the front window and had a great people watching view! It was a very nice evening!Special Features:
- Dinner for twoSailorsueDined on 6/18/2014My friends and I like to try different restaurants in the neighborhood that are not chains. It was just the two of this night and so we decided to try jojo's! We were pleasantly surprised at being seated by the window! This place is always busy. The food was great in presentation, amount, quality and speed at which we were served. The staff is very friendly! A great find in Frederick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good experienceEABFDined on 6/15/2014We went there with my parents for Fathers Day lunch. We were seated right away. The food was pretty good, there were some hit and misses. The goat cheese fritters are worth going for. Overall, a good experience, would recommend it.
- good meal2matoDined on 6/14/2014everything was good ,service was top notch ,we were happy and the band was good . we will be back and already have a party booked for November.Good training in the front as well as the back of the house shows .Thanks for a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PenguinMagDined on 6/13/2014JoJo's restaurant was very good. I little too noisy for my taste. I made reservations on line and the date was changed (in error) by the restaurant. We were able to get a table with little difficulty. Food was very good but a bit spicy.Special Features:
- JoJo's Brings the FlavorJJMDVIPDined on 6/13/2014Second experience at JoJo's and it was good. Surprisingly, the front dining room was empty for a Friday night, so it was quieter than before. Two of us had the Rubbed Chicken--the portions were so huge that we could have split one. In fact, the one critique I have is that the portions are always too big. With appetizers for sharing, almost everyone boxed up their entrée to take home. Go hungry is the advice I would give! Their desserts are great and you'll want to check them out. Service was good, but not as noteworthy as our first visit.Special Features:
- localVIPDined on 6/9/2014A great find and open Monday nights in Frederick! Delicious food and speedy service for the Weinberg 1/2 block away. Restaurant was quiet except for one very noisy small party which arrived just after we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!EatHereDined on 6/7/2014We've only been a few times but every time we've have great service, incredible food, and a great setting. The food is reasonably proved and the wine is REALLY good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see belowPeteDined on 6/7/2014Food was very good. The atmosphere was very nice and we had a table for two inside next to the front window. The restaurant was busy on a Saturday evening and our service showed. We were in no rush so it didn't bother us that much. A few hiccups, but otherwise an enjoyable evening. The appetizers were to die for. Priced well too. If we could make a change, it would be the outside seating. Being inside at the window it seemed we were right on top of the outside tables; perhaps a little too close. As a suggestion, perhaps they could set back the inside window table just a bit so you felt a little more privacy. Looking down on top of others eating was a little disturbing. Just an observation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed, will not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2014Seated promptly, atmosphere was nice. Reuben bites appetizer was delicious, but found a hair in it. Server took it back and asked if I wanted it taken off the check. (shouldn't that have been obvious?) Server did not offer me anything else in it's place. Ordered steak medium, it was served absolutely raw. Waited a long time for the server to check back. He took the steak back to have the kitchen cook it. He offered me a drink while I waited, which I assumed he intended to comp, However, we were charged for the drink. Server was apologetic about the issues, which were obviously not his fault, but could have done more to make up for the issues. Emailed complaints to the restaurant and they did not even respond. Will not return.
- service made dinner less enjoyableChelswVIPDined on 5/16/2014I have been to JoJos before for several meals. This time I made reservations on open table and when my party of 3 arrived they hadn't checked open table and the hostess stated this out loud to the other. They seated us after a few minutes of scrambling to put a table together. We weren't upset at all. The waiter came by after a few minutes and it felt like he was rushing us the entire time. He did not tell us what the specials were, offer a drink list, and seemed irritated by us asking what the specials were. When we ordered our drinks he kept trying to walk away despite us wanting to order appetizers. After dinner, he didnt even offer dessert & brought the check. Will give another chance food was delicious. Not vegetarian friendly though.
- Very Good Mothers Day BrunchFrederickdinerDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our Mother's Day brunch as the food and service is always consistent at Jo Jo's tap house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar seatingTimmVIPDined on 4/25/2014Made a reservation for dinner but was seated on a stage in very loud bar. Better places to spend my money.
- Jo Jo's is GreatFrederickFoodieDined on 4/25/2014Always a good meal, friendly staff and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keep comin back2matoDined on 4/12/2014drinks and food were great .Crabcakes were very nice and the tuna was cooked spot on.. mixed drinks were very good and the bourbon(they have a nice selection) was top shelf.. The band ,Hard Swimin Fish that played later was good and the beer was cold ,as it should be.All in all a wonderful evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoJo's Menu RocksJJMDVIPDined on 3/22/2014JoJo's took me and my three dinning companions by surprise--the menu was highly varied and the food was truly amazing. I had the Chipolte meatloaf, two of us had seafood and one of us had the pasta special with bacon. All the meals were terrific and their appetizers were great--the Tacos and Duck are well worth trying. Ben, our server, was terrific--very knowledgeable about beer and his description of the dishes was spot on. All in all, it's nice to see this place in the downtown area. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers & drinksAcornfarmerDined on 3/21/2014All good. Courteous and attentive staff! Happy hour prices not offered in the restaurant?!? Really?
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014We are new to Frederick and having fun trying new restaurants! JoJo's surpassed our expectations for warmth, service and food quality! There were 6 in our party and each of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal! Jojo's is just the right size to be fun, but quiet enough to converse at your table and be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go!popsDined on 3/14/2014Comfortable, inviting atmosphere. Service was outstanding. Unusual but delicious menu combinations. Particularly good vegan options for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014we ordered of the restaurant menu...zucchini steak and blackened burger plus for appetizers, shrimp kabobs and deviled crab avocado. Appetizers were excellent and we both enjoyed our entrees. We will return to try other menu options.Special Features:
- Quiet and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014I have been to JoJo's twice in the past two years and have seen a huge improvement. When JoJo's first opened they were experiences opening jitters with a bland menu. Upon visiting again during restaurant week, my fiancé and I were excited to see a new menu with mouth watering entrees. The restaurant is cozy for the quiet romantic evening. Don't forget to try one of the many wines or beers on tap!Special Features:
- Good Time at JoJo's in Frederick MDGaryDined on 2/22/2014Had opportunity to visit JoJo's for the first time in Frederick MD this past weekend. Had the crab dip appetizer, and the Salmon entree. Both were very good and price was reasonable. Not a large restaurant, but adequate size. Has a tap house next door with live band, which we will hopefully go back and enjoy. Overall, very positive impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.