160 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jojorestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122235656x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:30pm, Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sunday 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Special Events Contact: Farah Abad (212) 358-0688 ext.28 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from JoJo
JoJo offers relaxed yet elegant dining on two floors of a quaint, turn-of-the-century brownstone on the Upper East Side. The first of Jean-Georges’ restaurants in New York City, this neighborhood gem opened in 1991 to rave reviews. It was voted best new restaurant of the year by Esquire magazine and has retained its three-star status from the New York Times for 21 years. Regarding the name, JoJo was Chef Jean-Georges’ nickname as a young boy. Jojo is a hospitable setting for a casual dinner, special occasion, or private party. Guests can feel comfortable in jeans or in evening attire. The contemporary French menu still features some well-loved original dishes, including the Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
JoJo reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (171)fit for foodies (157)special occasion (153)neighborhood gem (148)great for lunch (88)great for brunch (53)notable wine list (29)good for groups (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Perfect anniversary dinnerDinerk8VIPDined on 9/18/2014My 3rd time to JoJo, this time to celebrate our anniversary. The warm asparagus salad w/ avocado was amazing combined with salad greens and my husband loved the squash soup. Our fish dishes-slow cooked salmon and hake-, including some special requests were prepared perfectly and the accompanying sides also stood out-shaved brussels sprouts on the salmon. Nice selection of wines by the glass and reasonable for this caliber in NYC. A complimentary dessert with a chocolate "Happy Anniversary sign was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Ambience, Great Foodcms898Dined on 9/17/2014Had a weeknight dinner at JoJo and would definitely recommend to others. While service was a little slower than expected, the food was fantastic. We had both fish and meat, and each were very flavorful and cooked perfectly. The dessert selections were also very interesting, and the Pavlova was delicious.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014I was looking forward to a delicious meal with a romantic ambience for a reunion with someone I hadn't seen in 2 years. I expected to sit back, relax and come away with a great experience. The company of my dinner date was the only positive of this experience. The table was lopsided and moved every time we rested our arms despite a waiter attempting to fix it. The bottle of champagne was corked but replaced right away. My lobster was undercooked; I'm from Maine so that was a huge disappointment. The fish was dry/over cooked; however, the vegetables were delicious. Needless to say, we chose to go elsewhere for dessert and coffee.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Jojo was an amazing meal. Very cozy and beautiful decor. Food was amazing don't miss the hot chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have you been all my life?CheesepleaseDined on 9/13/2014In 20 years of high end dining in Manhattan I had never heard of Jojo until last week. After the wonderful meal we enjoyed there, I wish I had discovered it years ago. Arrived at Prime time Saturday night and we were seated promptly and the service was excellent. The food deserves 5 stars! Each dish was ample, delicious, and well presented. The Charred Octopus over Warm Potato Salad appetizer far surpassed my expectations. The octopus was deeply charred on the outside and tender inside and the potato salad was heavenly.The Halibut was also delicious with a crunchy seared crust and a delicate and moist interior.The warm Chocolate cake topped off a great meal. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Beyond expectations.DrFeelgoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014A meal that rivaled the best in the city. The duck was perfect and the lobster was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at a low levelOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/10/2014Jojo's has been a consistently reliable and pleasant dining experience but not this time. We were a party of four and there was a large group next to us. The service was extremely slow and when we asked the waiter where was our dinner, he replied there is a big party here and we have to take care of them....in other words we didn't count and that's why it took two hours for two courses. No apologies and until we requested he go and check on the status of our main course he offered nothing else. It is the restaurant's decision how to treat customers in terms of scheduling reservations and serving tables..but in this case bigger was better (for them).Special Features:
- Coasting on chef-owner's reputationzachbarryDined on 9/10/2014The food: made with fresh ingredients, but not very inventive or unusual. Severely limited menu. Wine list acceptable, but overpriced. Indeed, the entire shebang is overpriced. And while the converted brownstone surroundings have a certain charm, it hardly compensates for the unimaginative and (to repeat) overpriced offerings.,
- Disappointed.piggypiggyVIPDined on 9/5/2014My brother ordered crab cake for appetizer and beed tenderloin for main.. crab cake was just a salt. too salty. He couldn't even finish the half of it. Then when he got beef tenderloin, it smelled stale. very awful. We had to call out server and told her to take the plate away. They offered Ravioli.... seriously? The beef dish was the most expensive menu for lunch. And all they offered was pieces of Ravioli at french restaurant. At least french fries was great. Oh, strawberry bellini was also too sweet, and somewhat artificial flavor. I don't think I will ever go beck to Jojo. It was waste of my money and time.
- Wonderful as UsualBoomerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was outstanding. Salmon with sweet corn was one of the best I have ever had. Asparagus salad was perfect and my friends raved about their gazpacho to start. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DeliciousAGG1Dined on 9/3/2014It is one of my favorites restaurants in New York, the food is delicious and the service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanneDined on 9/2/2014Great local restaurant with good food and friendly atmosphere. I loved the veal milanese, which was very similar to what you get in Milan.Special Features:
- JoJo's is a Wonderful BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014My friend and I had lunch at JoJo's on Labor Day. We both had wonderful meals, very tasty and beautifully plated. Our wine was excellent and the service was superb, very attentive without being obvious. Will definitely go back and highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- The best alwaysMagdaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Since this is my grandson's, he is 25, favorite NYC restaurant, we go whenever he is in from Phila. and are never disappointed. The food and service are always the best.Special Features:
- Excellent cuisine and romanticandrefrommontrealDined on 8/31/2014It was a great discovery for a romantic dining evening. The food is excellent. The ambiance is quiet and appropriate for quiet conversation. Verry good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014JoJo is a place that makes you feel romantic. Everything from the location to the curtains makes you feel comfortable like your in a restaurant just for you. The food is cooked to perfection. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and well mannered. I watched a waiter cater to his guest's every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming in the best old UES wayPetraDined on 8/30/2014I feel like I'm in the NYC of my youth at JoJo. Nothing gimmicky. Elegant yet cozy atmosphere. Fine service and excellent food. Our duck entree was superb. And how often do you now get simple bread and butter that are out of this world? I'll keep coming back. I checked "fit for foodies" because the fare is so fine. But this is really a pre-foodies restaurant. Thank goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FirstClassVIPDined on 8/30/2014JoJo is a a Jean George restaurant but overly expensive for NYC. It is a great little place that you would believe was your own private great discovery! The service and food are excellent and the town house setting is lovely.Special Features:
- Lovely for LunchBevinNYCDined on 8/30/2014Second time at JoJos...this time for lunch with girlfriends. Fine fixed price lunch menu with wide wine selection. Food and service were excellent. Salmon with corn pudding combination worked. Chocolate cake with chocolate sauce inside was a perfect finish.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner, Anyone?LuxuryDinerDined on 8/29/2014We don't get to JoJo as often as we'd like. Every dinner there is memorable. The food is uniformly excellent. Our server was gracious and charming. The kitchen responded to my request for fresh fruit, in lieu of the high glycemic desserts on the menu, with small platter of orange sections (sans skin) arranged in the shape of a fish where the sections were laid out like scales. I was amazed, surprised and delighted.Special Features:
- JoJo's is a TreatBeteraVIPDined on 8/28/2014I just enjoyed my second lunch at JoJo's and wish I didn't work so I could come more often, mid-week. Their three course lunch is absolutely delicious. All is served with style and the room is elegant. Each course was excellent--from shrimp salad appetizer (big portion!) to the delicious garlic roasted corn and shrimp entree to the yummy chocolate cake dessert. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLizzieBVIPDined on 8/26/2014If I lived closer, I would be here every week! Elegant - relaxed would best describe the ambiance at jojo. The summer squash salad was light and flavorful, the filet mignon melted in my mouth. Finally for dessert we shared the caramel mousse and then had to try the chocolate cake. Both divine. Service was impeccable and wine suggestions were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an imaginative mealPetite4Dined on 8/24/2014Shortly after a recent Restaurant Week lunch, I returned to JoJo, taking a friend there for a special birthday dinner. We couldn't have been happier: my tuna roll appetizer was an excellent change from the usual "sushi" version, as this is presented in a wafer-thin wrap and served with a slightly sweet soy bean emulsion; my friend's ricotta ravioli with fresh tomatoes was perfect. We both greatly enjoyed the lobster with sweet corn and fingerling potatoes - a luscious dish; and we ended with the signature molten chocolate cake and excellent coffee and tea. There is a terrific wine and liquor list and if you don't imbibe, the house-made sodas are also a treat. Impeccable service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gegandcoVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fantastic cuisine and service to match! A must go-to restaurant! My favorite is the chocolate cake with home-made ice cream!Special Features:
- The BesthappymealVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is one of the best restaurants in New York. The food is beautifully prepared and presented. The service can't be beat. I would highly recommend JoJo's for any meal - I have had brunch/lunch there and was blown away by the place.Special Features:
- Quintessential UES DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Jojo's is a restaurant that captures the essence of the neighborhood it serves. A long time upper east side restaurant, the decor is classy yet modern, and the atmosphere is relaxed yet refined. I enjoy dining at Jojo's as it feels like I'm in my own world. Speaking of, the food is out of this world. There are flavor notes, especially in the salmon that is currently on the menu, that I can't identify but crave. Everything is prepared perfectly and presented beautifully. The prefixe lunch menu is the best value in town. For around $30 you can have an amazing 3 course meal from a Michelin starred restaurant in an elegant setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealChicagoAnnDined on 8/20/2014We were very pleased with our experience at JoJo. I ordered the vegetable menu, which was excellent. My husband ordered the summer menu and loved it. The ambiance downstairs was disappointing, but after requesting a change the hostess moved us upstairs near the front windows, which was lovely. The price was very reasonable considering the quality of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Food is always excellent - very good for lunch - and pretty good for dinner because space is small downstairs and difficult to have a conversation when all the tables are taken. But quality of food and service is always excellent. However, dinner menu is more interesting. It's a good place to meet for a special lunch occasion. Wish it was more comfortable.Special Features:
- step up your game, JoJomanhattanVIPDined on 8/20/2014Consistently good but not exceptional. The pieces of crab in the crab cake could be larger, but the accompanying greens were very good. The salmon is farmed, and thus not as tasty as it could be, but the lightly roasted cherry and grape tomatoes with it were excellent. The blueberry cake had no discernible taste of blueberries and the sorbet was too sweet.
- The Old Eastside LivesNYNancyVIPDined on 8/18/2014This is UEW all the way. Clubby, waspy, filled with wealthy patrons of a certain age. Not too loud. Good food. A nice place to know is still around. Can always depend on JoJo's for great service and a good meal.Special Features:
- very good BUTeatineddieVIPDined on 8/18/2014I think charging 29.00 dollars for a GLASS of wine is outrageous...The rest of the bill was in line with upscale New Youk City prices. Whe I searched online for the retail price of this wine, the average price was 43.00 per bottle. the mark up for a glass was way over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most CreativeSIRLINYDined on 8/15/2014Decor attractive Service superior Cusine most creative in NYC have eaten at Per Se Boule Daniel Aurielle and if not all the upscale restaurants then most My statement shows that I have had the pleasure of dining at NYC finest Chef Sean Hergot is a geniusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemiVIPDined on 8/15/2014I had one dish--the pasta. I ordered the appetizer size which was $17. The waitress asked if I wanted an entrée portion, and I said sure. She charged me $29 for six ravioli swimming in soupy sauce. Way overpriced for cheese ravioli. My friend had gazpacho, which was good, and the burger. Despite it being restaurant week, we were charged a la carte for everything. They made no effort to help price-wise. Tables are tiny on the first floor, so we were jammed in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belvedere525Dined on 8/15/2014The food was great and so was the service. Unfortunately the chairs had torn seats. The restroom was shabby too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable lunchMimi04Dined on 8/14/2014I very much enjoyed lunch with a friend here. Great food and service. Lovely setting. Will certainly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Mediocre service from start to finish; even had to fill our wine glasses ourselves!Special Features:
- Pleasant Lunchnice18surpriseVIPDined on 8/13/2014We dined at JoJo for lunch during restaurant week. Having never been there all of us were very pleased with our choices. The food was delicious, however, the downstairs rooms where we ate was dated and in need of a "facelift".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoopsterVIPDined on 8/13/2014The last time I dined at Jo Jo's was maybe 5 years ago-still has not changed. Not sure I would go back.Special Features:
- MelodyDined on 8/12/2014The food was very good and service too but could be faster for lunch. This has been here for a long time and it is an old building so I wish they can do something for the ordor.Special Features:
- elegant dininghappyeaterVIPDined on 8/12/2014A New York experience with fine cuisine and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.