160 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jojorestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 223-5656
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:30pm, Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sunday 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Special Events Contact: Farah Abad (212) 358-0688 ext.28 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from JoJo
JoJo offers relaxed yet elegant dining on two floors of a quaint, turn-of-the-century brownstone on the Upper East Side. The first of Jean-Georges’ restaurants in New York City, this neighborhood gem opened in 1991 to rave reviews. It was voted best new restaurant of the year by Esquire magazine and has retained its three-star status from the New York Times for 21 years. Regarding the name, JoJo was Chef Jean-Georges’ nickname as a young boy. Jojo is a hospitable setting for a casual dinner, special occasion, or private party. Guests can feel comfortable in jeans or in evening attire. The contemporary French menu still features some well-loved original dishes, including the Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
JoJo reviews from OpenTable diners
328 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (169)fit for foodies (162)neighborhood gem (159)special occasion (141)great for lunch (83)great for brunch (45)notable wine list (38)good for groups (14)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014The food, the ambiance as well as the service was outstanding. If you enjoy good food within pleasant surroundings and an attentive staff, JoJos is the right place for you. It certainly is worth a visit.Special Features:
- willdineDined on 10/8/2014Enjoyed a simple lunch. The chicken was great. Not expensive, but an expensive ambiance.Special Features:
- weezyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Charming decor, very good food, very nice service. Good experience.Special Features:
- Foodwinelover....SilverFoodiewineloverVIPDined on 10/7/2014Warm, intimate and great food. An adult restaurant where you can hear your companionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodBabyBoomersVIPDined on 10/6/2014We always have a delightful experience and great food at Jojo'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014Please see my recent review. Little has changed: I would rate the tasting menu -although a bit pricey- the service and the ambiance as very good to outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday dinnerBenGEDined on 10/3/2014The service was excellent, the food amazing and the ambiance just perfect for a romantic dinner for me wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but a small placeAndyDined on 10/2/2014The food was good and the price was fare... It's not a tourist place so you feel like a NY citizen have lunch and some good place... The dessert Jojo (chocolate cake with ice cream) is excelent!Special Features:
- Very good, but little disappointedATNYCDined on 9/30/2014I gave JoJo four stars because the good is very good. However, I was expecting more from a Jean-Georges restaurant, I was expecting great based on that and the per plate price. People may find the downstairs area quaint, but I found it cramped with my friend and I wedged up against the wall right next to each other. Probably better on a date. The food was good - asparagus salad, shrimp salad, naked chicken, and salmon with brussel sprouts. Service was very good. I might go back if I'm in the neighborhood, but am more likely to try someplace else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDavidlillianVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food, service, and ambiance excellent. We enjoyed a great dinner sitting upstairs next to the window overlooking 64th Street. Very highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdated and stuffymkmkVIPDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant needs some serious updating. Same tired menu year after year, mediocre food, the charm has gone off under all the stuffy, dusty cushions...
- RemiVIPDined on 9/24/2014JoJo has lasted a long time for good reason. The food is consistently very good. My butternut squash soup was delicious, my salmon perfectly cooked. My husband loved his shrimp dish. We found a reasonable wine--$40--which is hard to do these days! The only disappointment was that the dessert offered as part of the prix fix was not available. The one that was substituted was sub-par. One good note, however, is that we asked for a larger table through Open Table and they accommodated us, which they don't usually do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted to like it morepaprikajVIPDined on 9/24/2014The setting is comfortable and attractive, the service was good and the dessert was excellent. The rest of the meal was okay but didn't quite meet the level of the price and the ambience. The chicken was tasty but the chick pea fries were tasteless and lacked texture. The asparagus salad was good but didn't have much asparagus. Based on previous reviews, I expected better. We will probably not go back.
- Wonderful SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014JoJo has stood the test of time. Lovely townhouse setting, and food prepared with care. Seafood is especially well prepared.Special Features:
- So good that I returned within daysoinkerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Please refer to my previous review. I was so pleased I returned three days later. I was surprised, but happy that I was able to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food as great as alwaysJoannelizVIPDined on 9/21/2014The ambiance at Jo Jo is nice, the service is good but the food...oh the food! From the shrimp appetizer to the perfectly cooked salmon(which really is hard to find) to the incredible tart with unusual, but delicious, ice cream, this is a great place to discover, or in my case, rediscover! Just GoGo!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to dine at JojoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed dining at Jojo and look forwards to going back soon. Atmosphere is lovely, food excellent and service even if a bit slow is very friendly and appropriate. We have tried many different dishes, all of them have been superb. Hope they stay in the neighborhood a long, long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranVIPDined on 9/20/2014Overall it was a delightful experience. Décor could use a bit of updating and restrooms should be upgraded.Special Features:
- Good for BrunchFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014I always like the town house set up and great atmosphere in JoJo. Food was always excellent too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, good food. A gem!!oinkerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Outstanding food and service. They accommodated food allergies. They even modified the tasting menu. They even let one person on the table order the tasting menu while the others ordered ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerDinerk8VIPDined on 9/18/2014My 3rd time to JoJo, this time to celebrate our anniversary. The warm asparagus salad w/ avocado was amazing combined with salad greens and my husband loved the squash soup. Our fish dishes-slow cooked salmon and hake-, including some special requests were prepared perfectly and the accompanying sides also stood out-shaved brussels sprouts on the salmon. Nice selection of wines by the glass and reasonable for this caliber in NYC. A complimentary dessert with a chocolate "Happy Anniversary sign was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Ambience, Great Foodcms898Dined on 9/17/2014Had a weeknight dinner at JoJo and would definitely recommend to others. While service was a little slower than expected, the food was fantastic. We had both fish and meat, and each were very flavorful and cooked perfectly. The dessert selections were also very interesting, and the Pavlova was delicious.Special Features:
- Very DisappointinghydraDined on 9/16/2014I was looking forward to a delicious meal with a romantic ambience for a reunion with someone I hadn't seen in 2 years. I expected to sit back, relax and come away with a great experience. The company of my dinner date was the only positive of this experience. The table was lopsided and moved every time we rested our arms despite a waiter attempting to fix it. The bottle of champagne was corked but replaced right away. My lobster was undercooked; I'm from Maine so that was a huge disappointment. The fish was dry/over cooked; however, the vegetables were delicious. Needless to say, we chose to go elsewhere for dessert and coffee.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Jojo was an amazing meal. Very cozy and beautiful decor. Food was amazing don't miss the hot chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have you been all my life?CheesepleaseDined on 9/13/2014In 20 years of high end dining in Manhattan I had never heard of Jojo until last week. After the wonderful meal we enjoyed there, I wish I had discovered it years ago. Arrived at Prime time Saturday night and we were seated promptly and the service was excellent. The food deserves 5 stars! Each dish was ample, delicious, and well presented. The Charred Octopus over Warm Potato Salad appetizer far surpassed my expectations. The octopus was deeply charred on the outside and tender inside and the potato salad was heavenly.The Halibut was also delicious with a crunchy seared crust and a delicate and moist interior.The warm Chocolate cake topped off a great meal. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Beyond expectations.DrFeelgoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014A meal that rivaled the best in the city. The duck was perfect and the lobster was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at a low levelOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/10/2014Jojo's has been a consistently reliable and pleasant dining experience but not this time. We were a party of four and there was a large group next to us. The service was extremely slow and when we asked the waiter where was our dinner, he replied there is a big party here and we have to take care of them....in other words we didn't count and that's why it took two hours for two courses. No apologies and until we requested he go and check on the status of our main course he offered nothing else. It is the restaurant's decision how to treat customers in terms of scheduling reservations and serving tables..but in this case bigger was better (for them).Special Features:
- Coasting on chef-owner's reputationzachbarryDined on 9/10/2014The food: made with fresh ingredients, but not very inventive or unusual. Severely limited menu. Wine list acceptable, but overpriced. Indeed, the entire shebang is overpriced. And while the converted brownstone surroundings have a certain charm, it hardly compensates for the unimaginative and (to repeat) overpriced offerings.,
- JoJoRestaurantReviewerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Quiet, nice place for brunch. Good menu and service.Special Features:
- Disappointed.piggypiggyVIPDined on 9/5/2014My brother ordered crab cake for appetizer and beed tenderloin for main.. crab cake was just a salt. too salty. He couldn't even finish the half of it. Then when he got beef tenderloin, it smelled stale. very awful. We had to call out server and told her to take the plate away. They offered Ravioli.... seriously? The beef dish was the most expensive menu for lunch. And all they offered was pieces of Ravioli at french restaurant. At least french fries was great. Oh, strawberry bellini was also too sweet, and somewhat artificial flavor. I don't think I will ever go beck to Jojo. It was waste of my money and time.
- Wonderful as UsualBoomerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was outstanding. Salmon with sweet corn was one of the best I have ever had. Asparagus salad was perfect and my friends raved about their gazpacho to start. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DeliciousAGG1Dined on 9/3/2014It is one of my favorites restaurants in New York, the food is delicious and the service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanneDined on 9/2/2014Great local restaurant with good food and friendly atmosphere. I loved the veal milanese, which was very similar to what you get in Milan.Special Features:
- JoJo's is a Wonderful BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014My friend and I had lunch at JoJo's on Labor Day. We both had wonderful meals, very tasty and beautifully plated. Our wine was excellent and the service was superb, very attentive without being obvious. Will definitely go back and highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- The best alwaysMagdaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Since this is my grandson's, he is 25, favorite NYC restaurant, we go whenever he is in from Phila. and are never disappointed. The food and service are always the best.Special Features:
- Excellent cuisine and romanticandrefrommontrealDined on 8/31/2014It was a great discovery for a romantic dining evening. The food is excellent. The ambiance is quiet and appropriate for quiet conversation. Verry good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014JoJo is a place that makes you feel romantic. Everything from the location to the curtains makes you feel comfortable like your in a restaurant just for you. The food is cooked to perfection. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and well mannered. I watched a waiter cater to his guest's every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming in the best old UES wayPetraDined on 8/30/2014I feel like I'm in the NYC of my youth at JoJo. Nothing gimmicky. Elegant yet cozy atmosphere. Fine service and excellent food. Our duck entree was superb. And how often do you now get simple bread and butter that are out of this world? I'll keep coming back. I checked "fit for foodies" because the fare is so fine. But this is really a pre-foodies restaurant. Thank goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FirstClassVIPDined on 8/30/2014JoJo is a a Jean George restaurant but overly expensive for NYC. It is a great little place that you would believe was your own private great discovery! The service and food are excellent and the town house setting is lovely.Special Features:
- Lovely for LunchBevinNYCDined on 8/30/2014Second time at JoJos...this time for lunch with girlfriends. Fine fixed price lunch menu with wide wine selection. Food and service were excellent. Salmon with corn pudding combination worked. Chocolate cake with chocolate sauce inside was a perfect finish.Special Features: