Johnny's Wood Oven Pizzeria
95 Wilmington West Chester Pike
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Johnny's Wood Oven Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnyswoodovenpizzeria.com/
- Phone: 6104591953
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Wednesday - Sunday: 7:00am 12:00pm; Lunch/Dinner: Daily: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: John McElderry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Johnny's Wood Oven Pizzeria
With fresh Italian ingredients, a BYOB setting, and a handcrafted brick oven that hits blazing hot temperatures, Johnny's is your spot for premium baked pizza!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Johnny's Wood Oven Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/27/2013Johnny's pizza is truly outstanding! The crust is perfect and the sauce is exceptional on their pizzas. Anyone who has had pizza in Italy will enjoy what they do here. It's a great spot for a casual meal and bottle of wine. We took 2 kids with us this time and they loved their pizzas. The salad with the roasted pears is my favorite starter. The value here is tremendous- especially being a byob. A must try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful pizzaMommydinesoutDined on 11/8/2013Went with a group of 5 ladies...we had pizza, pasta, salad, appetizers even a Nutella pizza dessert. Everything was amazing. The staff, the owner all very friendly. I really like the variety of speciality pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered three pizzas for group;JohnfromPAVIPDined on 10/24/2013Ordered three pizzas for group; after a very long wait, one came as ordered, one was wrong size and missing topping, one was correct. Had to ask for beverage refills, got water instead of the ice tea initially ordered. One waitperson seemed to be handling all patrons which at about 20 was way too many for him and service suffered.
- NewbieBonAppetitDined on 9/28/2013My girlfriend and I went to Johnny's Saturday for her birthday lunch! Wood Oven pizza is her favorite so we decided to try Johnny's. We are glad we did. Loved the fact that it was a BYOB giving us a chance to bring wines of our choice! The crust is like no other in the area! Johnny was very personable and knowledgeable and enjoyed chatting with him. My personal favorite was the spinach mushroom! It rocked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and salads were excellenttj3685VIPDined on 8/30/2013Pizza and salads were excellent as was the service. The kids enjoyed this restaurant because the waitress brought over pizza dough and they were able to make shapes with it. Then they baked it for them.A very nice touchSpecial Features:
- DisasterGregfromMediaDined on 8/22/2013Probably one of the worse meals and nights out we have ever had. The mussels (all 12 of them for $14!!) were stringy and tasteless despite being recommended by our server. After eating the mediocre salad, there was a giant pool or water left on the salad plate-- either the dressing is watered down or they didn't dry the lettuce. The pizzas were OK but nothing special. Throughout the night, the server(s) had no clue what was going on and everything moved at a snail's pace. One customer had to ask for their main meal to go; he gave up after waiting so long. We were asked if we wanted red or white wine glasses. We said red, they brought white. Just don't go here. Sorry...
- Pizza was delic ious ad thetj3685VIPDined on 8/10/2013Pizza was delic ious ad the service was excellent;Special Features:
- FIRST TIMERDennieDined on 8/2/2013We had a great time. Our server was great ( Woodley)? We can't wait to go back and try other dishes. It is a great little BYOB. ( Wine or beer) . A great added bonus was that Johnny ( chef & owner) came out to talk to us. We are going back...A great little find.Special Features:
- Okay Service, Okay FoodFoodCriticDined on 7/27/2013The restaurant was fairly nice, however, they had these creepy red overhead lights that gave the place a weird feel. The server seemed nice but didn't know the menu too well. The menu itself was pretty good, they have a nice selection. We got a Bruschetta appetizer, which was delicious. For dinner, me and my boyfriend each ordered our own pizza. We decided to try the gluten free crust (they offer traditional, whole grain, and gluten free). My pizza came out VERY burnt, but neither of them were very hot-they had been sitting in the back for at least 10 or 15 minutes. Overall, the restaurant wasn't too bad but I don't think I'd spend the money to go back, I wasn't really impressed.
- Amazing crust!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2013Three generations ate here for the first time the other night and WOW - we all voted the crust is WAY better than Anthony's down the street! The selection of artisan pizzas and pastas is creative - giving you a sense of real Italian food. Am spreading the word about this place because I want to see it succeed. Will definitely be ordering our Friday take-out from here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food that is made freshrboydaDined on 7/8/2013Try this great italian restaurant. It has several pizzas that you won't find in too many places, and it is all made with fresh ingredients. The service is fantastic and it is a byob, so no high bar bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go back again.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2013Really good pizza! We had the prosciutto wrapped scallops appetizer- delicious. It was late so the place was pretty empty. We'll be going back and probably bringing friends and or family. A liquor license would probably bring in a younger crowd but being middle aged, I hope that they don't get one.Special Features:
- AdequatePunkVinoDOCVIPDined on 6/28/2013Hate to say but was disappointed. Nothing special. Drab cheap ambiance. Food edible but nothing special.
- Best pizza we've had in a long timeGirlMom68VIPDined on 6/14/2013We had a wonderful dinner at Johnny's! The Caesar salad with homemade croutons was to-die-for, as was the brick oven pizza. It really was an authentic restaurant. Very relaxed, kid friendly. It is BYOB but I see that as a plus. My youngest daughter would not leave until she met Johnny (who was cooking in the kitchen) to thank him for such an amazing meal. He is a very gracious man. Everything tastes fresh and homemade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good crust!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2013We enjoyed pizza with friends last week; really liked the crust - crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Interesting topping choices. Staff was friendly and accommodating, though at some points seemed overwhelmed with the number of tables they were tending to. Nice decor, clean, liked the white paper on the tables. We brought a bottle of red wine and the staff were quick to open and pour the first glass for us. Met the owner as we left; a friendly fellow; I wish him well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Prosciutto on the prosciuttoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2013The Prosciutto on the prosciutto pizza was over cooked and tough to eat. The desserts seemed like warmed up store bought frozen desserts. Service was great, although the host was also our waitress so they appeared short-staffed. Friendly hostess/waitress. The kitchen was in open view, so I did not like seeing the chefs yelling at the wait staff and preparing the food without gloves.Special Features:
- Everything was fine exceptTfonDined on 4/27/2013Everything was fine except being billed $4 for 4 waters. Left a bit of a bad taste.
- What a pleasure to find adinerVIPDined on 4/21/2013What a pleasure to find a place where the food matches the chef/owners passion...Johnny and his staff are warm, talented and clearly aiming to please. Wonderful pizza and salads.Special Features:
- So glad we found Johnny.JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/17/2013So glad we found Johnny.John welcomed us personally and was very interested in making sure we were happy with everything.The wait for a food was a little long but worth the wait.I suggest ordering a salad or appetizer.Love the fact it a BYOB.Be back soon .Special Features:
- Johnny's is truly a find -OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2013Johnny's is truly a find - great wood fired pizza and a warm, inviting atmosphere. Unfortunately, signage on the lighted sign on 202 is nonexistent, so people will drive past it, and that's a shame. We spoke with Johnny at length and we could tell the passion this guy has for his restaurant. He poured everything into the place, and it shows. Johnny invested in a world class wood burning pizza oven, did the faux stone and construction himself, and hired a great staff - the bonus is exceptional food. Our hearts are with him to succeed and only wish well for him. Expect higher than pizza joint prices, but also realize you're getting better than Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza dishes. Johnny is counting on word of mouth, so stop in!Special Features:
- I have to admit that we didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2013I have to admit that we didn't end up going....we meant to but didn't realize it was a BYOB (there was noting on the website that indicated that) and my friend and I really wanted to have a cocktail. If we would have known ahead of time, we would have toted along a bottle of wine. The restaurant may be great, but it sits back and was quite dark when we pulled up outside, so it didn't really even look open. That being said, we can't honestly review it.
- poor service snd fair pizzaGreggDined on 3/8/2013Waited 40 minutes to receive our food after ordering. Waiter advised that the kids pizzas had burnt up in the oven. He ssked if they could send out a regular menu pizza to replace the kids pizza in which we agreed. Upon receiving bill we were charged for the replacement pizza which was a couple dollars more. Bad service all around. Will not go back or recommend.
- A welcome addition!BistroGirlVIPDined on 3/1/2013The food was great, and a fantastic value for the cost. Gourmet pizza and salads at a regular pizza price. Nice grown up pizza restaurant - kids are welcome but the vibe is more adult casual with white table covers and cloth napkins. We love the fact that it is byob and no corkage fee. John the chef and owner made a point to go to every table and check in on how customers were enjoying their food. We will definitely add this to our dining out list .Special Features: