Johnny's - Roland Park
4800 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Johnny's - Roland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnysdownstairs.com/
- Phone: (410) 773-0777
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am,
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday 4:30-9pm
Midday Menu offered 3pm-4:30 daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Mexican, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kiko Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Johnny's - Roland Park
Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf are pleased to announce the opening of Johnny's; the fifth restaurant for the Baltimore-based restaurateurs. Featuring west coast cuisine, spectacular coffee, and whiskey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Johnny's - Roland Park - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Johnny's - Roland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (139)fit for foodies (93)great for lunch (67)good for groups (52)great for brunch (52)kid-friendly (51)special occasion (29)romantic (28)hot spot (23)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- brunch bunch findOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/23/2014This is our go-to spot for brunch now. Everything is very fresh and made to order. Service is attentive but unobtrusive. Love the fluffy pancakes and crispy wood smoked bacon. Coffee is amazing here! Waiter very flexible to add 2 friends to our table mid meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They ran out of breakfast!BarbVIPDined on 11/21/2014Granted we were there at 9:30 but the breakfast basket of pastries was largely not available. Perhaps they should anticipate a few more people on Friday at 9:30. A bit annoying since they bake their own.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/19/2014Love Johnny's ! The setting and décor remind me of the former Wine Cellar - circa mid 80s - in the old Country Fare Inn. Fish tacos and tomato bisque were outstanding. Thank you for my complementary birthday cake! I will be back for certain. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great late lunch on a cold day.AugieVIPDined on 11/18/2014Johnny's is so cozy that it was the perfect place to meet a friend to celebrate our annual birthday lunch! We were both looking for healthy options and struck gold with their spaghetti squash omelette and Cobb salad. Both were delicious. It was especially quiet because of the late time for lunch but it was great that it stays open so you can go even at off-peak hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- squashedVIPDined on 11/18/2014rghere for lunch; very nice BLT with avacado sandwich, except bacon limp/only partially cooked! waiter thought I was joking when I said bacon should be crisp. grea apple crumb pie.Special Features:
- Keep Courtney!CheeseNWineDined on 11/15/2014My dad and I took all of Courtney's recommendations and loved everything, especially the Rockfish Special. She was there when we needed her but we appreciated how casual she was- we didn't feel rushed at all. The food was lovely as well. The lamb empenadas, spring rolls, handcut chips, rockfish with celery/curry puree, and apple pie were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reluctantly disappointeddinelineDined on 11/15/2014We arrived on time for a 7PM reservation to find that there would be a 20 minute wait! Instead of waiting we opted for the casual dining area. It was very noisy and the server was very distracted? new? uncaring? Beverages arrived halfway through dinner; water glasses went unfilled; it was even challenging to get the check! On the good side--the food was excellent….however, based on the service, I will think twice before I bring guests here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but had to wait for a table and foodDiningmavenVIPDined on 11/14/2014The restaurant acknowledged that we were right on time for our Open Table reservation, but sent us to the bar to wait for a table to open up. We were lucky enough to snag seats at the bar and were eventually served by the overworked bartender, so our 25-minute wait for a table turned out to be reasonably comfortable. Other patrons were not so lucky, however. Once we were seated, our dinner proceeded in fits and starts as wait staff found time to attend to us. Our appetizer arrived after our entrees. But the food was good and the staff were friendly. We'll definitely go back and try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Upstairs to Petit Louis Instead4OrrDined on 11/14/2014People living in Roland Park are lucky to have Johnny's. The menu is limited to one burger, several salads and sandwiches, three soups and a pretty large selection of sides. It's not bland, but nothing had umami-enough to make you say you're happy that you ordered the item. My butternut squash soup was flat and tepid. Needed a little acid or spice. We all agreed that we'd had better steak salads elsewhere. Was sketchy at best. We were hustled to order drinks, hounded to order apps (when it appeared that we weren't doing apps they delivered some tasty, spicy popcorn), but then the waiter seemed to forget to come and take our order. Not bad, but ordinary. Hold out for Petit Louis.
- Everything was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014The service and food were perfect. The food was farm fresh and outstanding. Our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchClancyDined on 11/11/2014Had lunch with my BFF's Tuesday, November 11 -- food was wonderful!! -- great choices, fresh, creative combinations of flavors -- our waiter was attentive, non-intrusive, and charming -- loved it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere and service!DonmomDined on 11/10/2014Brought a group of 10 for a birthday lunch and it was extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole packageMPG1Dined on 11/9/2014Excellent food in a beautiful atmosphere with very attentive servers. It is a true dining pleasure. The prices are quite reasonable. We selected Johnny's to entertain an out of town guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLauraGDined on 11/8/2014Excellent Food, great for a relaxing dinner. The menu is simple but the food is refined. The Lamb Empanadas are awesome as an appetizer for two to start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and came out in a timely fashion. The wait staff was amazing!! On top of everything. We will be back.Special Features:
- A family favorite!VirtualPilgrimVIPDined on 11/8/2014Johnny's has quickly become a go-to favorite of my family. Although we live in the county, we are happy to take a drive into town in order to eat at a locally owned spot. Johnny's food is always good, and often outstanding. The staff have come to recognize us here. They are attentive, but don't hover, so it is a great place for catching up with the events of the day or discussing long-range plans.Special Features:
- Goodec81Dined on 11/8/2014The food was good and the ambiance pleasant and the servers friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014This is an excellent choice for a family or larger group gathering. The staff was attentive to a wide range of needs and not overbearing. The food reasonably priced, menu somewhat limited, but overall great for the occasion.Special Features:
- gregDined on 10/29/2014food mediocre,,something very hot in my wife's dish,,,tears for 30 minutes,,would not go back for dinner,,,lunch is fineSpecial Features:
- 2dinersVIPDined on 10/25/2014Although I would have preferred to be seated in another room, the perfectly prepared chicken and salmon entrees more than made up for my seating. Our server was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Johnny's!!!maiaVIPDined on 10/25/2014My third time dining here...we come from Montgomery County to meet friends...but this couple and my incredibly discriminating husband's first time. I knew they would love Johnny's, and they did! The four of us were absolutely delighted with everything! We have dined in and love all five of the restaurant's belonging to C-F!Special Features:
- Good for Dinner but skip the BrunchTeddyADined on 10/25/2014If you're looking for good quality food at a bargain price, this is the place! My wife and I have dined here a few times for late evening dinners and the food has been spectacular. I received an email invitation to try their Saturday brunch. Upon arrival, we were seated along the bench on the cafe side instead of one of the private booths. I recommend seating in a private booth to get the cozy atmosphere Johnny's has to offer. We were a disappointed in the service as she was terse in her delivery making us feel a bit uncomfortable. Food was good though I wish they offer more variety in their breakfast menu selection. All-in-all I would recommend dinner at Johnny's to a friend but I can't say the same for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great atmosphereChrisDined on 10/24/2014We had dinner at Johnny's on a busy Friday might. We had a reservation and were seated within 5 minutes. Two of us had fish--cornmeal crusted trout and the special swordfish. Both excellent. Also made the third member of our party happy with a sandwich--a cubano. Only minor complaints--the Asian Slaw could've used a kick of some heat, and the ancho chili sauce for the trout was virtually nonexistent. Dessert--as recommended by our efficient and personable waiter--was a scrumptious chocolate cajeta cake. Fine meal, fun, comfortable atmosphere--we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- family favoritetwinmomVIPDined on 10/19/2014My children love the fish and fries; kitchen is accommodating to our requests.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceFlicksVIPDined on 10/19/2014We have been to Johnny's a number of times and have always enjoyed our meals and service. However, on a recent Sunday evening we had such poor service, I'm not sure that I would return. After we were seated, it was over 10 minutes before anyone appeared at our table. I believe it was the manager who finally stopped by to take our drink orders. After the drinks arrived, it was another 15 minutes before a food runner/busboy appeared at our table to fill our water glasses. Since we had never seen our waiter, we asked if he could take our order. The food arrived quickly and was as good as it had been in the past. All in all, a bad experience. Good food cannot overcome bad service. Also, the menu on OpenTable was out of date.Special Features:
- KatrinaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014First time visiting and our brunch was delicious. My girlfriends and I were put in the back of the restaurant which was great since I had my 9 month old with me. Our waiter was very helpful and the food was fantastic! Our daughter LOVED her pancake :)Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2014Latte was the best! Very accommodating re kids & gluten-free need (real, medical need, I swear)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphereammluvsbeer216Dined on 10/16/2014I love the feel of this restaurant. I dined with a group of girls, but definitely coming back with my husband for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly everything was well donefigliaDined on 10/15/2014The roast pork soup de jour was excellent. My corn-crusted trout entrée was great. unfortunately though, the beef in my partner's steak salad was tough. The pumpkin bundt cake: very good.Special Features:
- Always always a great choiceSparkleDined on 10/15/2014Love this place. Consistently great food and service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Waitress was knowledgeable, polished, and very sophisticated!Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 10/12/2014The evening didn't start out on the right foot. I have eaten here a dozen times but never on game day Sunday. I asked specifically if we had to eat in a special area for the specials and no was the answer. I asked if the specials lasted throughout the day and the answer was yes. So when we went to order the waiter said no that wasn't the case and that the person who told us that was new. So we ordered and got the half price bottle of wine ( Sunday special as well) and when the check came the waiter didn't half price it. So here's the good part, the manager sensing our frustration gave us the bottle of wine and was sorry we had a less than good experience. We like the food and it's easy to get to so we'll be back. Thansk!Special Features:
- Never disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014Love the cookies........especailly the new Fall cookie. That's a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/5/2014Johnny's is convenient and reliable. The service is particularly helpful.Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 10/3/2014We were so pleased that the staff honored my sister and brother in law for their big anniversary. Very nice touch. We all enjoyed our burgers as usual. Thanks for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2fordinnerDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, and great service. Beautiful insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $8 tomatoFamilyofthreeDined on 9/29/2014We ordered the heirloom tomato salad as recommend for sharing by our server. It was a raw single, medium-sized tomato cut into wedges with sea salt and red basil. While tasty, it was an $8 tomato. Really? An $8 tomato with virtually no prep? That's a bit much. Burger and chicken étouffée were great, but an $8 tomato and a $6 can of beer are outrageous. Service was just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!VirtualPilgrimVIPDined on 9/27/2014We love it here. Whether busy or quiet, you can carry on a conversation and get attentive service. The menu is interesting and the cocktails are creative and quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingEatDowntownjdDined on 9/26/2014They are getting complacent. I've always loved going here, but recently the food doesn't quite measure up to expectations and the staff is un-interested and indifferent.Special Features:
- Breakfast HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014Johnny's really knows how to make a classic brunch or breakfast shine. It is a great place for a morning meeting too since too as it is never rushed unless you want to have speedy service! Breakfasts offerings hit all the highlights without being overwhelming. We loved the great, piping-hot coffee and the fluffiest, most mouthwatering buttermilk pancakes. Sides of fruit, sausage, maple syrup and creamery butter were just right. OJ was fresh. The wait staff was amazing--explained specials and the menu clearly, set a pace that met our needs, were attentive but never interrupted our conversation. Filled water glasses and coffee cups when needed. Let us linger to wrap up things at our own pace.Special Features: