Johnny's - Roland Park
4800 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Johnny's - Roland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnysdownstairs.com/
- Phone: 4107730777
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am,
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday 4:30-9pm
Midday Menu offered 3pm-4:30 daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Mexican, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kiko Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Johnny's - Roland Park
Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf are pleased to announce the opening of Johnny's; the fifth restaurant for the Baltimore-based restaurateurs. Featuring west coast cuisine, spectacular coffee, and whiskey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Johnny's - Roland Park - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Johnny's - Roland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (138)fit for foodies (92)great for lunch (71)great for brunch (59)kid-friendly (50)good for groups (43)romantic (27)special occasion (27)notable wine list (21)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (11)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Poor ServiceFlicksVIPDined on 10/19/2014We have been to Johnny's a number of times and have always enjoyed our meals and service. However, on a recent Sunday evening we had such poor service, I'm not sure that I would return. After we were seated, it was over 10 minutes before anyone appeared at our table. I believe it was the manager who finally stopped by to take our drink orders. After the drinks arrived, it was another 15 minutes before a food runner/busboy appeared at our table to fill our water glasses. Since we had never seen our waiter, we asked if he could take our order. The food arrived quickly and was as good as it had been in the past. All in all, a bad experience. Good food cannot overcome bad service. Also, the menu on OpenTable was out of date.Special Features:
- KatrinaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014First time visiting and our brunch was delicious. My girlfriends and I were put in the back of the restaurant which was great since I had my 9 month old with me. Our waiter was very helpful and the food was fantastic! Our daughter LOVED her pancake :)Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2014Latte was the best! Very accommodating re kids & gluten-free need (real, medical need, I swear)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphereammluvsbeer216Dined on 10/16/2014I love the feel of this restaurant. I dined with a group of girls, but definitely coming back with my husband for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly everything was well donefigliaDined on 10/15/2014The roast pork soup de jour was excellent. My corn-crusted trout entrée was great. unfortunately though, the beef in my partner's steak salad was tough. The pumpkin bundt cake: very good.Special Features:
- Always always a great choiceSparkleDined on 10/15/2014Love this place. Consistently great food and service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Waitress was knowledgeable, polished, and very sophisticated!Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 10/12/2014The evening didn't start out on the right foot. I have eaten here a dozen times but never on game day Sunday. I asked specifically if we had to eat in a special area for the specials and no was the answer. I asked if the specials lasted throughout the day and the answer was yes. So when we went to order the waiter said no that wasn't the case and that the person who told us that was new. So we ordered and got the half price bottle of wine ( Sunday special as well) and when the check came the waiter didn't half price it. So here's the good part, the manager sensing our frustration gave us the bottle of wine and was sorry we had a less than good experience. We like the food and it's easy to get to so we'll be back. Thansk!Special Features:
- Never disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014Love the cookies........especailly the new Fall cookie. That's a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/5/2014Johnny's is convenient and reliable. The service is particularly helpful.Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 10/3/2014We were so pleased that the staff honored my sister and brother in law for their big anniversary. Very nice touch. We all enjoyed our burgers as usual. Thanks for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2fordinnerDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, and great service. Beautiful insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $8 tomatoFamilyofthreeDined on 9/29/2014We ordered the heirloom tomato salad as recommend for sharing by our server. It was a raw single, medium-sized tomato cut into wedges with sea salt and red basil. While tasty, it was an $8 tomato. Really? An $8 tomato with virtually no prep? That's a bit much. Burger and chicken étouffée were great, but an $8 tomato and a $6 can of beer are outrageous. Service was just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!VirtualPilgrimVIPDined on 9/27/2014We love it here. Whether busy or quiet, you can carry on a conversation and get attentive service. The menu is interesting and the cocktails are creative and quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingEatDowntownjdDined on 9/26/2014They are getting complacent. I've always loved going here, but recently the food doesn't quite measure up to expectations and the staff is un-interested and indifferent.Special Features:
- Breakfast HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014Johnny's really knows how to make a classic brunch or breakfast shine. It is a great place for a morning meeting too since too as it is never rushed unless you want to have speedy service! Breakfasts offerings hit all the highlights without being overwhelming. We loved the great, piping-hot coffee and the fluffiest, most mouthwatering buttermilk pancakes. Sides of fruit, sausage, maple syrup and creamery butter were just right. OJ was fresh. The wait staff was amazing--explained specials and the menu clearly, set a pace that met our needs, were attentive but never interrupted our conversation. Filled water glasses and coffee cups when needed. Let us linger to wrap up things at our own pace.Special Features:
- UnsatisfiedVIPDined on 9/24/2014For a Cindy Wolfe restaurant this place leaves alot to be desired, food wise. First, my martini had to be remade twice. Then the only chardonnay that was decent was $16 per glass. Menu was limited but weird! I ordered the T-bone which was kind of tough and served with some dull looking and tasteless potatoes. My wife had a salad with grilled chicken which was ok but not great. Cindy this could be a really cool place. You have to get the food better!
- VisionEmbraced,Executed&RealizedLucidDinacleDined on 9/24/2014Johnny's - Roland Park (Downstairs) continues to impress. It truly combines a demure yet loose, professional yet casual, and classic yet edgy modernity that satisfies all members of any diverse breakfast, lunch or dinner party. In addition, for those of us familiar with the location and history of the venue downstairs over the past couple of decades, it remains a consummately welcome unique addition to an already architecturally-pleasing neighborhood and, to boot, Johnny's is an ecstatically-embraced replacement to the curmudgeon mean-serviced common lunch "restaurant" that previously occupied the same space....so glad that other lame spot is gone! Good riddance. Thanks, Johnny's & the Petit Louis crew!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2014Another tasty lunch at Johnny's. The three of us enjoyed what we ordered -- the bacon, lettuce, roasted tomatoes and avacado sandwich is a filling lunch -- comes with choice of sides -- slaw is so-so. The presentation is lovely, and service is generally very attentive. Not the biggest or cheapest menu, but if you don't want to go downtown and want a place with parking, you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Great Find!JannDined on 9/20/2014What a wonderful grotto...cozy, inviting, and interesting. The menu is varied...and each item we ordered was very nicely prepared and delicious! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Never disappointed!loveditDined on 9/20/2014Without a doubt, this little restaurant is a winner...especially for lunch. The selections are varied, interesting and delicious. I am so happy I found my new favorite "spot".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFamily48VIPDined on 9/19/2014Always a good experience. This time I got the grilled cheese sandwich with bacon. It was delicious!Special Features:
- Experience at Johnny's Roland ParkNeilDined on 9/18/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating my Wife's Birthday with our daughter and friends. The food was superior and Janna, our Server, was superior in her presence and knowledge of the Menu. Everyone commented with high marks on her. The timeliness of dishes being served was superb. We saw many friends and acquaintances during our visit. This makes "it the place" to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonsoVIPDined on 9/17/2014Very good turkey burger! Neighborhood restaurant that's nice to have around. Would like to see a few less expensive items on the menu though....would eat there more often.Special Features:
- good not greatfoodyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Ive been to Johnny's three times now and ordered something different every time. Its a good meal, nothing great, but its nice if you don't want to go downtown.Special Features:
- Great timeEtreinncias1Dined on 9/13/2014Went here for brunch with my mom and we both loved it. I got the Steak Juevos Rancheros. The meat was tender and cooked perfectly. The server was really nice and was always attentive. Want to go back to see how their dinner is like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place we wanted to likenineofnineDined on 9/12/2014Look and feel is great, obviously much thought/money/time spent renovating the basement under Petit Louis. Had a reservation problem-showed up on time but seated an hour later-but that wasn't the real disappointment (popular and busy isn't a bad thing). The problem was the menu/food. It's without the unifying theme the owners are known for. Is it Tex-Mex (spicy guacamole)/comfort food (grilled cheese), or something European (cheese plate)? But execution was the real problem. Either too heavy, bland or small. (chips w/sour cream (bland), guacamole & chips(unbearable w/onion & peppers), and a turkey burger (very good but small) with duck fat fried fries (limp, greasy). Go for the bar, but avoid the food. But as expected, service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014Lettuce and greens taste like California. That's a very good thing indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParsimoniousDelectableVIPDined on 9/8/2014The sandwiches we're spare, dry, and the salad skimpy. If felt as if Johnny's could not spare a generous or delicious lunch!
- WonderfulJazzFesterDined on 9/4/2014Creative cocktails and a diverse menu for any palate in a warm setting.Special Features:
- Lovely venue, tiny portionbearleDined on 8/31/2014The service and ambience are excellent but the $9 fish tacos were ridiculously minuscule. My husband got the fish of the day (instead of the trout he ordered but that was fixed on the bill) which was a small portion, too, although not miniscule. The kale that accompanied his fish was too oily and too much - more of the regular dish, please, less of the green. The tiny tiny cup of chicken soup was good but again, the portion small for the $5 price.Special Features:
- christianVIPDined on 8/30/2014Not as impressed on this visit as during our last two. Food was overall good but somewhat flavorless. Service was very good but let's be honest...people eat out for the food. I also really wish they would get rid of the horrible margarrita style glasses they use for wine. The thick brim and stem completely ruin the feel of drinking a glass of wine.
- This is it!ThunderDined on 8/27/2014The service is always crisp like its upstairs sibling, Petit Louis. But Johnny's food is average at best and far too expensive. They have a captive wealthy neighborhood willing to tolerate these prices. Wolf Foreman have a great concept, average food at steep price points. Kudos to them but I can no longer visit their overpriced establishments! Its just not worth it as the food is nothing special.
- I absolutely love this place!JennickDined on 8/27/2014I have been here for a family dinner with kids and for lunch with just my mom. I plan to come back with friends for a women's night out. Inventive food (watermelon heirloom tomato gazpacho) and traditional food makes this a restaurant that appeals to varied tastes. So glad it is here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with "da Boy"MinervaTakesaBiteDined on 8/25/2014First time dining at Johnny's - mostly because Petite Louis isn't open for lunch on Monday. It's a very attractive space, 'though a little dark. We sat in the section to the left as you go in - quieter than the other side but still rather dominated by the big screen TV. My son's burger was HUGE (just what he wanted the day after a 45-mile bike ride!) and tasty. Fries were FABULOUS (no surprise there)! My shrimp spring rolls were disappointing - sort of dry with little evidence of shrimp in the filling. The house salad was simply fresh greens, a little Feta and a very nice, light dressing. A pleasant lunch and a good value. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfullaurenwDined on 8/24/2014Johnny's produces a delightful brunch. The black bean dip is a must-have and their unique and delicious entree items (I had the BLTA and it was fantastic) do not disappoint. My Bloody Mary was also amazing, and the coffee was spectacular. Great ambiance, lovely service, delightful food.Special Features:
- perfect night with friendsFayeBeanDined on 8/22/2014We had a great time on Friday night. The service was great - Pedro was very friendly and knowledgeable - and the food was yummy. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that my fish might have been just a smidge overcooked (I had the fish tostada), but that might have been because I ordered medium and not medium rare. Highly recommend Johnny's, whether for dinner, or a yummy breakfast meeting.Special Features:
- New neighborhood homeJfixVIPDined on 8/22/2014It's always fun dining at Johnny's. Don't miss their fabulous breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soTomHDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good but portions were small. People were waiting in line to get in- I wouldn't. Ambiance was good but the service was slow and the kitchen was backed up. I wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 8/18/2014Hostess was great, server pleasant but not knowledgeable. Small plates are really small. We'll go back because it's close.