Johnny's - Roland Park
4800 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Johnny's - Roland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnysdownstairs.com/
- Phone: 4107730777
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am,
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday 4:30-9pm
Midday Menu offered 3pm-4:30 daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Mexican, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kiko Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Johnny's - Roland Park
Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf are pleased to announce the opening of Johnny's; the fifth restaurant for the Baltimore-based restaurateurs. Featuring west coast cuisine, spectacular coffee, and whiskey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Johnny's - Roland Park - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Johnny's - Roland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (140)fit for foodies (95)great for lunch (77)great for brunch (62)kid-friendly (53)good for groups (52)romantic (40)special occasion (40)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)notable wine list (15)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I absolutely love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I have been here for a family dinner with kids and for lunch with just my mom. I plan to come back with friends for a women's night out. Inventive food (watermelon heirloom tomato gazpacho) and traditional food makes this a restaurant that appeals to varied tastes. So glad it is here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with "da Boy"MinervaTakesaBiteDined on 8/25/2014First time dining at Johnny's - mostly because Petite Louis isn't open for lunch on Monday. It's a very attractive space, 'though a little dark. We sat in the section to the left as you go in - quieter than the other side but still rather dominated by the big screen TV. My son's burger was HUGE (just what he wanted the day after a 45-mile bike ride!) and tasty. Fries were FABULOUS (no surprise there)! My shrimp spring rolls were disappointing - sort of dry with little evidence of shrimp in the filling. The house salad was simply fresh greens, a little Feta and a very nice, light dressing. A pleasant lunch and a good value. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect night with friendsFayeBeanDined on 8/22/2014We had a great time on Friday night. The service was great - Pedro was very friendly and knowledgeable - and the food was yummy. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that my fish might have been just a smidge overcooked (I had the fish tostada), but that might have been because I ordered medium and not medium rare. Highly recommend Johnny's, whether for dinner, or a yummy breakfast meeting.Special Features:
- New neighborhood homeJfixDined on 8/22/2014It's always fun dining at Johnny's. Don't miss their fabulous breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soTomHDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good but portions were small. People were waiting in line to get in- I wouldn't. Ambiance was good but the service was slow and the kitchen was backed up. I wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 8/18/2014Hostess was great, server pleasant but not knowledgeable. Small plates are really small. We'll go back because it's close.
- Good food.MajannieDined on 8/17/2014We came for brunch and there was confusion when meals came (2 meals came and then 5 minutes later came the other 2). 2 were served the wrong meals and started eating it which meant they had to take it back and start over. The manager and the hostess were amazing and bent backwards to rectify this. They brought us complimentary fruit while we waited and at the end of the meal they gave us pastries to take home. I would recommend this restaurant because the food was good and they really tried to make it a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceWellDoneDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Johnny's and all-in-all we really enjoyed it. Our appetizer was delicious and entrees were also very good. We were wondering why 6 different wait staff were "assigned" to our table. That really doesn't allow for any kind of relationship between staff and patrons. The wine list was very different, offering many local wines at a pretty steep price. We were able to find a delicious wine (not local) that was not too expensive. We really loved the heavy water and wine glasses - how unique! We were also surprised at how large the restaurant is. We were seated in a back room which had very nice, low lighting and a low noise level. Dessert was disappointing - but not enough space to comment on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Spot/Great Food!BTownFoodie1Dined on 8/16/2014I recently went to Johnny's on a date. It's in a magical part of town that has a lot of charm and character. The hostesses really make you feel welcome and everyone at the restaurant come around frequently to make sure you're comfortable and have all you need. You're not just a number here-the staff work hard to make sure you're dining experience is exceptional. The ambiance and charm make this restaurant perfect for many occasions. I came here for dinner and the food was amazing! I had the tostadas and the veggie spring rolls. The flavor and timing of food service was impeccable. I've also been to johnys for lunch and has the burger which is a must have! Definitely recommend going to Johnny's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly impressedBeefsteak20Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Saturday night and could not have had a better time. Our server, Nathalie, was fantastic. The food was outstanding as well as the bourbon selection. We can't wait to go back and try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- k from BaltimorekatefDined on 8/15/2014The wait staff is friendly and professional. The food is excellent every time. From pub food a with a gourmet twist to a quite elegant fresh entree to a specially prepared (and excellent) meal for a guest with an allergy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid fishOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014The rainbow trout on the menu the night we were there was as good as any of us who ordered it have ever had. Perfectly cooked, and the accompanying tomato relish as excellent. As always the service was very good, and the back room is quiet for conversation.Special Features:
- LPSRVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always enjoy Johnny's- love ambiance, eclectic food choices, and personable servers. I wish the wine list offered more on the lower side of spectrum.Special Features:
- Lackluster experienceCityslickerDined on 8/2/2014Our server was nice enough but don't think she smiled once. Just didn't feel warm. As for food, we went during restaurant week but my meal seemed flat. First very limited options. (Only 2 starters, 2 entrees, 2 desserts). The chilled watermelon soup was interesting but missing something. Chicken was tasty but a little dry and the plating boring. The worst was the dessert...mocha cookie or red velvet cupcake. Basically a giant chocolate cookie. Totally over cooked. Tough on edges, dry in the middle. I didn't taste cupcake but my husband's looked like someone picked them up from eddies on the way in to work. My advice would be to opt our of restaurant week if you can't provide something good for the price. Raise price or eliminate a course.Special Features:
- A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.roscosmamaDined on 8/2/2014We dined as part of restaurant week and loved everything about our experience! The cocktails were unique and delicious, the wait staff was attentive but not smothering, and the food....oh, the wonderful food. The low lighting and subterranean setting felt very romantic. The place is an upscale gem, but not at all snooty. We will definitely return soon. Maybe tonight! P.S. Don't even think of skipping dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heeeeeere's Johnny!VirtualPilgrimDined on 8/2/2014... and thank goodness for that! Options in this part of Baltimore City can feel limited - too much of the same thing. Restaurants that come and go quickly, or the same places that don't change year after year. Johnny's feels fresh every time and great for a special occasion, or for a spur of the moment decision to grab a bite when you're not really dressed for dinner. The staff is friendly, and the waiter from our first visit came back to chat when we returned for our second. Looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attractive Setting! Good Food!RunnerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Johnny's is a very attractive casual restaurant that caters to a broad array of diners. The food is very good for the most part. I had shrimp spring rolls as an appetizer while my son had beef spring rolls and my husband had hummus with veggies. All of our appetizers were superb. The spring rolls were crispy but not oily. The hummus and veggie accompaniments were fresh and yummy. For the main course, I had the short ribs while my son had shrimp etouffee and my husband had fish totada. My short rib was as tough as shoe letter. (Pardon the trite language.) My son's and my husband's main courses were delicious. The stars of the meal were the desserts--fruit tart and blueberry pie; the crusts were among the best I've eaten anywhere.Special Features:
- Good food, but...HappyDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Nothing was stand out here. The food was good not great. The advertised portion of three spring roll only came with two. My turkey burger was small compared to similar orders at other restaurants. However it was very moist and the sauce was actually delicious. Service was less than attentive. The setting though, is very cool, so if you wanted to be hidden away for a private conversation, it could be done very easily.Special Features:
- YummyMissyDined on 7/29/2014Love Johnny's. Great, fresh food. I loved my bean burger and shrimp spring rolls. My husband got the meatloaf special and loved it. The only problem is my son who has a peanut allergy can not go there b/c they fry in peanut oil.Special Features:
- mehkatie03VIPDined on 7/27/2014For a Foreman-Wolf restaurant I expected so much more.... menu is not outstanding by any means. Basic burgers, sandwiches, brunch items, that they have tried to dress up with a few clever items and a higher price tag. Likely won't be back and will instead return to an old favorite -- Petit Louis.
- Very nice place - good brunchStreeper21224Dined on 7/27/2014If Petite Louis is not your bag go to the back of the building and try Johnny's - first thing - cheaper!!!! and the food is really good !!Special Features:
- Great family dinnerMariaDined on 7/25/2014We took our teenage daughters to Johnny's for a family dinner and we had a great time! Staff was very friendly and attentive. Enough variety on the menu, not only the standard burger. Will definitely be back for more; loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny's is a palete pleaser ......ThePlzPalateVIPDined on 7/22/2014.....one wished could be found in every hood! What a find, where one can unwind and fine dine or just alight and grab a bite! To date, haven't had a plate that was not delish! A few items not to miss..... Grilled Romaine Cesear, Yummy fried chicken--Johnny's way, any fish dish will not be amiss. Oh and the service, right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre At BestchmarskyVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food was really below what it should have been. A trip to the Cheesecake Factory or CPK would have been much better. My wife's salad was pathetic and my salmon had no flavor. The tables around me were concerned that their food wasn't prepared properly, etc.... just seemed not to be so good. Probably would not go back again.Special Features:
- foodie53Dined on 7/22/2014food selections eccelectic, fun and everything we had was excellentSpecial Features:
- Disappointing...queenieDined on 7/21/2014Having dined there 3 times, I am afraid that the place will not fit the bill as a neighborhood gem. We are fine paying higher prices for good food, esp if the portions are decent, & service is attentive. But paying higher prices & then being served very little food as well as not feeling a welcomed connection with the waitstaff is not so fun. Farm Cobb was 15.50, hardly filled up the plate & was slathered in dressing. Kids' menu needs tweaking, it's really not that much food for the price. Also, they do not list mac-n-cheese on the kids' menu but have it on the main menu. Wonder why? We are holding out that Johnny's can iron out some wrinkles as it settles into the hood. For the money we've spent so far, we'd rather go upstairs to P Louis.Special Features:
- 2dinersVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was the first time that we were able to get a parking space on Saturday PM. Service was a little confusing since several servers were working together. After our issues were settled, the salmon and swordfish were outstanding. They rewarded us with a slice of cake to take home to make up for the confusion. In my past visits, I have always been pleased with the food choices. I plan to return to try the 55 cent cocktail. Stay tuned!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An gem hidden in Roland Park!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Try the fish taco appetizer was amazing and the selection of wines is spot on.Special Features:
- Solid choicefoodieforeverVIPDined on 7/18/2014Good reliable spot for lunch. Not an exciting or creative menu but well prepared in a pleasant, if noisy, setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet, excellent dinnerBaltoDinerDined on 7/14/2014We needed a place to have dinner with two old high school friends and decided on Johnny's. Food and service were perfect. It was a quiet Monday night and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. Perfect for reminiscing over old times. When we finally left Johnny's we realized we were the last customers in the place, but we were never rushed to leave and the wait staff greeted us with smiles and kind comments as we made our way out. The manager even took extra time to make sure we got a good photo of the reunion group before we left.Special Features:
- Later in eve, not as attentivequeenieDined on 7/12/2014We ate on the late side & were surprised that the service was slow. But otherwise, had a fine meal & would return, maybe on the earlier side next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014The interior of Johnny's is incredibly cool and I loved the bar on the "whiskey" side. The service was also outstanding. I think this would be a great place to sit at th bar and have a drink- the spicy popcorn was awesome! Unfortunately, I had to send my meal back because the kale was so spicy I couldn't even eat it, and I am someone who loves spicy food. I had the salmon, which was good, but not outstanding. Johnny's is worth a try, but I doubt I will be back. I will pass in favor of a trip to Petit Louis just around the side of the building that never disappoints.Special Features:
- Consistently goodBruceDined on 7/9/2014This was my third visit. My guests and I always had excellent meals and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firecracker 5th!munchermavensDined on 7/5/2014Great, food and service. Staff helped find quiet table near bar TV, so elders and FIFA fans with us were both happy. Foodie friends from Chicago happy, especially with cherry pie. Quiet for the holiday 4th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightEmergingfoodieDined on 7/3/2014Warm inviting place with good food and atmosphere. Great for everyday dining or special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is it?BatmanVIPDined on 7/3/2014You need a better sign out front. Food was good but the down stairs stone wall place is better. A nice place for a work lunch.Special Features:
- FranklinVIPDined on 6/29/2014Knowledgeable and attentive wait staff here is unbelievably consistent. They all know and care about the content and cooking of each disk as if they were chefs in training. We always feel welcomed and sincerely attended to. Food is innovative and never ordinary which can be a problem for some who get something quite different from what they imagined. For me, this is the perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful staff...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014There on a quiet Sunday evening... World Cup game Greece v. Costa Rica Great dinner... Great staff... some very large tables... Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/29/2014Great Food And Service. Even Though Delivery Was Slow, It Was Worth The Wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veg Options LackingDancingVeggiesDined on 6/29/2014For a restaurant that focuses on seasonal offerings I was shocked in the lack of vegetarian/vegan friendly options. Even the waffles had bacon tucked in to them, leaving two egg options for vegetarians and nothing outside of oatmeal for vegans. The server also seemed to be half-asleep as he was thrown when questions regarding ingredients were asked and was unable to offer suggestions for those of with allergies.Special Features: