9407 Ventnor Ave
Margate City, NJ 08402Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.johnnyscafeventnor.com/
- Phone: 6098221789x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 6:30 pm, 7 Days a Week Wednesday Night All Night! Happy Hour Cocktails All Night Long At both of our Bars!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John W Liccio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Johnny's Cafe and Martini Bar offers many options for your catering needs. Our new room and bar is perfect for that special function. We cater off site too and we will accommodate any special menu requests.
Check our website for the different packages that are offered.
Please contact our catering manager would be happy to discuss your options
- Private Party Facilities: Or Private Dining area has a fireplace and its own bar for your affair
- Private Party Contact: Joanne Liccio 6098221789x
- Entertainment: Weekly Entertainment Schedule
Dancing to the Music with the Area's Best DJ's -
Monday Nights, Jazz Duo Joe Mancini & Guest 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Wednesday and Sunday nights, Benny Marsala 6:30-close
Friday & Saturday Nights, Guest DJ 8:30-Close
- Special Events:
Plan your next special event at Johnny's Cafe. We have a beautiful back room which includes a bar and fireplace. Perfect for your next birthday, Wedding, or Reception. Call for more details.
A word from Johnny's Cafe
Johnny's Cafe and Martini Bar brings the finest Italian Cuisine and creative seafood dishes to Margate, NJ. Over the last few years Johnny's has evolved from a small cafe to being one of the most sought out restaurants and martini bars on the Jersey Shore The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the seasoned service staff will make you know that you belong. Johnny's is known for his dessert creations as well as his family's recipe homemade Meatballs, which are the finest you can have. Johnny's is open 7 days a week for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night and Cocktails. We would love to see you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Johnny's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Margate ›
Johnny's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (75)neighborhood gem (69)hot spot (55)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (38)special occasion (30)romantic (24)late-night find (21)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- GREAT!JerseyansVIPDined on 10/17/2014Love eating at Johnny's. Great Italian food and we have never had a bad meal there. Always a pleasant atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranSDined on 10/3/2014I brought my mom in for the Early Bird Menu. We really did not expect to get so much food and it was fabulous. Keep it up, I want to come back and try something else. I had Chicken franchaise and my mom had the Flounder franchaise. Dying to try the chicken pot pie. I wll be back. The server was really nice also.Special Features:
- Noisy but worth itSharonDined on 9/27/2014Great food & fun to go with lots of people . It was a bit noisy but great main course & appetizers. Great parking too! We will definitely go back again & recommend to friends. Great neighborhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backAlwayseatingoutDined on 9/27/2014Used to enjoy Johnny's but not anymore. Although service was good the $14 cocktail price (six drinks add up!) added to the mediocre food and our table's site near the kichen door made us decide not to return.
- Great spot all year roundWeegwowDined on 9/23/2014I've been to Johnnies a few times and have never been disappointed. Saturday nights in the summer though can be noisey. Tuesday was a better choice.Service is great, people are friendly and a great variety of good selections!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LOUD!!WantgodfoodVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have eaten dinner and brunch at Johnny's quite often. We keep going back because we do enjoy brunch, but I have to say that the noise level is outrageous. Since they expanded the space, we haven't eaten in the original area once. We thought that since the season is over, there would not be as many people there. We were wrong. Very, very loud. You can't even hear the conversation at your own table. The food is pretty good, but not worth the atmosphere.Special Features:
- food is deliciousbs5000Dined on 9/20/2014Bronzino was fabulous. So was chicken parm and beet salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicecoolskaloolDined on 9/19/2014Great place at Jersey Shore... Great service! Great Food....Very Nice!Special Features:
- Nice but noisy!VentnoroseDined on 9/13/2014Johnny's has been remodeled since Sandy and is a beautiful, modern restaurant. The food is delicious, everything very efficient. I had the seafood on salad and it was delicious. The noise level is almost unbearable though and the place wasn't even full. It would be impossible to hear each other if you were a party of four. The bars should have been combined so they were in one room and then had one room for the dining room. We went to a birthday cocktail hour a few weeks ago there and again, you couldn't hear yourself think! Everything was good but the NOISE!Special Features:
- First time customerMedia101VIPDined on 9/12/2014We recently went to Johnny's Cafe for the first time and both me and my husband were pleasantly surprised. The decor is lovely and the food and service was good. We visited after Labor Day and the noise level was distracting so I can imagine in season it may be hard to carry on a conversation. Will definitely try it again.Special Features:
- EnergeticReliableVIPDined on 9/6/2014It's always lively and fun at Johnnys . Good food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- great eveningPBDandPDined on 9/6/2014Four of us went to dinner here and we all thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. Paulina was our server and she was very efficient, friendly and aware of her tables. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food is outstanding. Great value. Great selection on menu.
- SweenDined on 9/4/2014Ordered the halibut special which was costly and one half was very cold and the other half was warm. Spoke to the waitress and she apologized and brought me a new dish. No offer of a complimentary dessert or discount. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- GreatGreatVIPDined on 9/1/2014Tremendous as always, thumbs up all the way. I have a great experience every time I walk through the door, Shuckers and John's Steaks are great to.Special Features:
- dinner at Johnny'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Johnny's is a wonderful restaurant great food and an excitingly fun atmosphere. This time the food was not up to par. my entree was undercooked and cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnLynnDined on 8/31/2014Johnny's never disappoints! Everything we order is always perfect! Frank is the best waiter in Margate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Johnnys has always have great food. As a large establishment, they can fit you in on short notice. The problem is that is get crowded and the tables are very close. So if you dont mind hearing your neighbors conversations, you are fine. For me it is a great place off season, since it is not as crowded and they dont have as many tables. Staff was understanding and so if you make a reservation, had a note that you perfer a table in the front room, where there is more room.
- Loud!DeedeeDined on 8/30/2014Johnny's cafe was very accommodating as far as table location and reservation, especially during a busy summer weekend. The ambiance is nice but it is LOUD! The food was average but the service was very good. Overall, I would give it a 3/5. Not bad but not great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was really good. Everyone I dined w/ love their meal and the service was excellent. I also originally made the reservation for 4 and they allowed me to add 2 more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outrageously noisyStillersVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were warned about the noise level however the warning should have included additional advice that you can not have or hear any conversation. We will never return as a result of this outrageous level of noise.
- Ridiculously noisy, mediocre foodkmapDined on 8/29/2014We were anxious to experience Johnny's Cafe with it's ecclectic menu and mostly positive reviews, however, the food was really just acceptable with nothing standing out as even approaching exceptional. Service was also not great with drinks and meals arriving unacceptably late, not to mention an absurd upcharge for almost any substitution and bus boys running around reaching over patrons meals to collect plates as early as possible. And lastly, and most disturbing was the lack of acoustics and unmanageable noise level! Someone fix this!!!Special Features:
- Very loud very busy food so soRaySarVIPDined on 8/28/2014This place is loud and the service was slow.. The good was ok but very expensiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food is always good and consistent. Wonderful service but a little rushed (too prompt) as it only took us one hour from beginning to end. Never a bad meal.Special Features:
- Not as noisy as expectedDgootyVIPDined on 8/25/2014Food was delicious as everyone else here has stated. Service was very friendly with the right amount of attention. We did not find the atmosphere noisy at all the way others have described, although we did eat at 6:30 on a Monday night and I can see how the acoustics would be very noisy if the bar and room were filled with people. Overall worth the visitSpecial Features:
- Great FoodHerbiejackVIPDined on 8/24/2014The perfect dining experience Charming waitress Delicious food Great entertainment All in Margate! Thanks Johnny We love your restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmmNYCBrassVIPDined on 8/24/2014This was my second time having dinner there. The food was absolutely terrific. Service was much better than the first time. Definite repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deafening!OnthesideDined on 8/24/2014The noise level in the back room was deafening, and absolutely impossible to carry on a conversation. The food and service were pretty good, but I would not go back unless I chose wanted to be mute for the entire meal.
- We will never dine here again...phillygirl330VIPDined on 8/23/2014After bad service/not so great meals here,we decided to try 1 more time this summer. Thumbs down on Food & service! I requested spinach instead of asparagus-first the waiter said the kitchen wouldn't do it-then when I explained that it was for health/dietary reasons he said he could. We were then charged $7 extra for this!! Crazy considering spinach is less expensive than asparagus AND if they were going to charge then they should have given us the asparagus anyway for someone else to eat. My chicken marsala was awful - how do you screw that up?!? All of our food was disappointing & the waiter had a bad attitude. When I complained, the hostess just kept repeating "I understand" with obviously NO understanding. She couldn't have cared less.
- Big Time SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time at Johnny's. It was all of the above. We are going back again on September 13.Special Features:
- Loud with average foodOCDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was so loud we were unable to hold a conversation at our table. My meal was average. My wife had the halibut special and it was over cooked.
- Go Johnny Go!NYCBrassVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was terrific. I had the grouper and sampled my wife's blackened scallops over sauted spinach. The fish was good, but not great! One of our guests wanted to make a change to a dish and it was not an issue. I despise wait staff or bus persons hawking a table waiting to swoop in to take my plate away. Left me eat and enjoy. I am willing to give Johnny another go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeEatsOutALotDined on 8/19/2014Great drinks, great food, great service, nice up-scale bar action. Had a very good time - easily compares to the other very nice places in Margate/Ventnor. We prefer it for adult-only evenings (left the kids a home).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Food was great. My only complaint was they would not substitute pasta for potato and vegetable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseunclemaxDined on 8/15/2014The food and wait staff were great! The ambiance was very nice. However, the noise level was deafening. There is a small bar in the dining area where you first walk in and a large U shaped bar in the larger main dining area. You have to talk very loud in order to be heard which just adds to the noise level. The place is always packed and hopping. But bring ear plugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 8/15/2014Frankie has been our waiter several times and is outstanding at his job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and Great ServiceMacphillyDined on 8/14/2014Thoroughly enjoyed an anniversary dinner with my wife and kids. Great food and service. Will no doubt go again. Huge portions that could be shared and good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,Great time!WeegwowDined on 8/13/2014Johnny's was a great dining experience for my family. The food was fabulous, the atmosphere was energetic and the plus was an entertainer that sounded exactly like Frank Sinatra. Great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely EnjoyableFood4meDined on 8/13/2014We sat in the back room, its more of a bar type with more television and some louder music. They have a front eating area as well that seems to be a little more romantic and quiet. So it is nice that they provide both settings to their patrons. They wine list seemed to be pretty well stocked with a wide variety. I would recommend to couples going out for a nice meal on the town with other couple friends and even to individual couples looking for something a little more romantic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014First visit. Varied menu. Good food. Excellent service. Only downside was noise level, very loud. May try again maybe not on Saturday night so It may not be so noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.