12551 State Road 535
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnieshideaway.com/
- Phone: (407) 827-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenny James
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Johnnie's Hideaway
Johnnie’s Hideaway is a local and tourist favorite adjacent to Downtown Disney in the Crossroads Shopping Center, Lake Buena Vista. Johnnie’s Hideaway features USDA Prime & Choice steaks, dry aged on premises and fresh fish hand-cut daily, simply prepared with emphasis towards old Florida & Floribbean cuisine. A fabulous raw bar rounds out the menu with the emphasis on fresh, fresh, fresh while being nostalgically cutting edge. Johnnie’s is a great place for business meetings, special occasions or casual dining with friends. You may want to join us lakeside at the Hideaway Tiki Deck for cocktails and outdoor dining. Johnnie’s is proud of their many awards including Orlando Magazine’s “Best Service”, “Best Outdoor Dining” & “Best Late Night Dining”, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the prestigious DiRōNA Award. At Johnnie’s we pride ourselves in chef inspired cuisine, superior customer service and the promise to exceed all your expectations. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Johnnie's Hideaway reviews from OpenTable diners
- Try the cedar plank salmon!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Melissa was our waitress and made certain my wife and I had a wonderful time in our second visit to Johnnie's while traveling from Texas. We returned specifically for the North Atlantic cedar plank grilled salmon with broiled parmesan cheese and the chef did not disappoint. Melissa let us know the chef is originally from Jamaica and trained at Cordon Bleu. At the conclusion of dinner, we learned that Johnnie's showed their support of the military in our bill, for which we were grateful. We would be delighted to treat ourselves to another dinner at Johnnie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great FindJazzyJeffJaxDined on 11/19/2014As an out of towner, when we visit O-Town we look for where the locals eat. Johhny's Hideaway is one of those finds. The interior is a marriage between a McCormick & Schmick and Spago. Waiters in black & white tuxedo like clothes makes the whole experience amazing. The menu is an eclectic mix of the best aged prime beef to fresh seafood to Veal Parm with bone-in. And the wine list was excellent. A definite recommendation for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak cool fries coldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My steak was cool and my fries were cold. Our waiter must not have been paying attention to when the good was ready because this should not have happened. Or they should have good runners to bring the food out hot and fresh.
- service was execellentWifeofJeffDined on 11/14/2014Was met with a smile and was seated very quickly. The food was spectacular and I loved the mustard sauce. We came for my husband's Birthday and the server made his cake look beautiful!!!!! Was definitely satisfied! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food next to Grand CypressShortvegastripDined on 11/14/2014Every year we stay at the Grand Cypress And every year we come back to Johnnies Hideaway. Good food, good service, and only a quick trip from the hotel. The center its located in is always packed, but Johnnies separates itself with a better atmosphere and quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service and seafoodEOEODined on 11/12/2014Great service, friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived. Terrific seafood, cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomemedinaDined on 11/8/2014We got what we expected. I had read reviews and ask some folks around our Hotel and, we heard only good things. We where a little disappointed with our server, but it was corrected immediately to perfection. If you know what good food is, this is the place to go to! I will mention it to all my friends and family and hopefully come back and bring a family group for a wonderful dinner experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood heavenjrzgirlDined on 11/8/2014If you are a seafood lover this is the place to go. Seafood couldnt taste any fresher. From their wine selection to their dessert everything was delectable. Definitely a top notch restaurant in the Orlando Disney area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Some of the best wine we ever had. Great food! Service was excellent! The waitress was very knowledgeable on the entire menu. She recommended the grouper over the sea bass and she was right. A little pricey, but it was mouth watering fantastic. We will definitely go there again when we visit the Orlando area in the future. I give it 5 stars and 2 thumbs up.Special Features:
- made the day50thDined on 11/7/2014We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversity that day. When we arrived at the restaurant we were seated at a table, and two minutes later the young lady that seated us came up to us and said that we were at the wrong table and would we follow her. She took us down to a table for two that was set up for us with orchids on the table. That was the start of the best evening. The food and staff were just out of this World. Melissa our waitress just could not do enough for us. We would recommend Johnnie's Hideaway to everyone. Thank you for nite that we will not forget. J&NSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing & UnimpressiveMikeTheRefDined on 11/6/2014I was looking for a nice steak and seafood restaurant in Orlando to treat my wife and entertain a European friend for our last night in town. After an OT search I selected Johnie's Hideaway. To my surprise my friend had dined their with other business clients earlier in the week and advised me that she thought the service was "confused". However, she said the food was "adequate" and she'd be willing to give it a second chance. (anyone can have a bad night once, right?) Unfortunately for us; there was not much improvement this visit. Service was terribly slow and inattentive; the steaks lacked flavor, and the crowd noise (it's a big place) was too loud to enjoy the experience. Next time I'll opt to stay hidden from Johnnie's.Special Features:
- ejbtDined on 11/3/2014Ordered my ribeye medium. It was initally served blue. A significant miss. Sent it back and it came back rare. A significant miss considering it was second attempt. Sent it back again and it finally was a medium. I would have thought the chef would have got it much closer for the initial order. To their credit, the manager did openly acknowledge they got it wrong and offered complimentary dessert. Notwithstanding the miss, the steak was very good and quite substantial. Couldn't finish it so took it back to the condo and had it for breakfast the next morning. It was still very good.
- Good Decision2ShoesDined on 11/1/2014In Orlando for business. Wife and I looked for somewhere other than the normal. The waitress was wonderful and very helpful. She placed a small bowl of pickles on our table. I was a bit confused why they have these pickles...until I ate one. They are great! We ordered a few different appetizers... all were good. Salads were very big. I ordered a 12oz filet. It was cooked a little under the requested medium but not enough to send back. We ended up with way more food than we could eat. Would certainly go back again if for nothing other than to get more pickles.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stonecrabs dinnerBibouDined on 10/29/2014great food, and in addition a super friendly waiter. we really felt welcome. reservation made in advance and absolutely no waiting. will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatQueenieDined on 10/28/2014One of Orlando's best restaurants to be sure. The food and service are outstanding. While it's not the best place for children, that's one of the things we like best about it. Most restaurants in Orlando cater to families. Johnnies is an upscale restaurant catering to adults from the decor to the menu. It's on our list of "have to go" places when we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnys hideawayluv2dineDined on 10/27/2014Great service. Food has slipped. Salad not much flavor, dressing was almost non existent and we don't like a lot of dressing but it was bland. Steak not the usual outside crisp char-almost as if grill was not heated enough and steaks were a bit too spiced for our flavor. Would give it another try as past experiences were worth it.Special Features:
- Great Stone Crabs!dolldoctorDined on 10/25/2014We arrived in Orlando just as stone crab season opened, and Johnnie's was the only place that had them...so off we went. We weren't disappointed. The crabs were some of the best we've ever had, and the service provided by Justin was terrific. We will definitely return whenever we are in the area!Special Features:
- Incredible food!LisaPVIPDined on 10/24/2014The pickles were off the charts - garlic bread and salad were best ever had!Special Features:
- ExcellentAZfishloverVIPDined on 10/23/2014The food was excellent fine dining with an naval, wood and comfortable seating inside. However, when we arrived we were given the choice to be outside. This was a seat yourself area with plastic folding tables and rusted outdoor furniture not worthy of this type of restaurant. We should have been told that before wandering around looking for a nice table, which we never found, then having to return inside to be reseated. The difference in the two locations is out of balance. The meal was excellent and we will return, for inside seating!Special Features:
- Love this place !nuttynana1Dined on 10/22/2014Have dined here many times through the years and its never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placefoodnutDined on 10/21/2014Fantastic dining experience especially with the outside dining area. My only complaint would be the beer selection was a little on the thin side. The wine selection was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special reunion dinnerabbyDined on 10/17/2014always pick Johnnie's for our annual reunion dinner with great friends....have been doing this now for about 8 years...never a bad meal....beautiful place with good quality steaks and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Nirvannagazebo3e4Dined on 10/17/2014The trio of butter-roasted, diner-plate-long Madagascar shrimp are divine. The trigger fish, somewhat like Grouper - is superb. The stone crab claws could have used a bit more seasoning; they're rather pricey this season. The drinks and draft beer selection are nice. All-in-all, a great spot for wonderful, fresh seafood. We went 2 days in a row during our last visit to Orlando. It's very worth the traffic nightmare leaving the restaurant parking lot.Special Features:
- Wouldn't go backFoodcriticDined on 10/16/2014The service was slow, they forgot to bring us the side dishes we ordered, and screwed up our salads. The filets had a funky taste, too.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/16/2014The food did not justify the costs for the sea bass and sword fish. The stone crab claws had little flavor and were not meaty. The salad had a lot of ingredients we did not like. My wife was happy with the scallops.
- Great food -drink and serviceJerrDined on 10/15/2014Met and exceeded all expectations - not only do they have great steaks , seafood and wine selection they have their our Bourbons and Whiskey they personally selected !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HideawayMarkGDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant was recommended by my son. We fund the food and atmosphere to be superb. Renee, our server, was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. The free valet parking was a nice touch. We would return again. Note: Johnnie's is in a large mall. Traffic, getting out, was horrific.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyJaxgirlDined on 10/10/2014Second time to eat here. Last year was great this year not good at all. I had the filet which was tasteless. My husband had the Madagascar shrimp which was very mushy. baked potato was cold. Will not go back.
- definitely will returnsjg2013Dined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went for a night out. We started at the outside bar for drinks and went inside for dinner. The waitstaff was very attentive and pleasant. The food was brought out timely - not too fast or slow between courses. My wife and I both had steaks and a salad. The food was excellent. Well presented and a joy for the taste buds. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The service was very slow, and when we finally got the food it was warm at best . We couldn't get the servers attention to sent it back so we chose to pick on it and then the table was cleaned before the server came around again. It's not what it used to be. Very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Johnnie'sDivotdad5Dined on 9/28/2014Great last night in Orlando dining at Johnnie's. We will definitely return the nexxt time we are in Orlando.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKCallahanDined on 9/22/2014We dined here for my wife's birthday. We were seat shrtly after we arrived. Our waitstaff, Rhonda, did an excellent job. After a short conversation she made some excellent recommendations. The pace was great and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend Johnnies for any occassion.Special Features:
- food has gone downhillbobabouyDined on 9/22/2014Both of the groups I was with for this visit. The food is no where near as good as a year ago. Going downhill, not sure why...Special Features:
- SPECIAL EVENINGBDBASHDined on 9/20/2014This was a special evening for me and everyone made it just that for me. The food was fabulous. The service was superb. This is my favorite restaurant and you never disappoint me.Special Features:
- Everything was deliciousElenahdzDined on 9/20/2014Can't wait to go back, the tuna sashimi and tuna nachos were the most delicious everSpecial Features:
- Johnny'sJohnnyCanuckDined on 9/18/2014On arrival, my wife and I were greeted by a very friendly staff. After being seated, our server was very attentive and helped guide us through our choices. The food was nothing short of amazing. Finished our meal with two shared desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No special for you!!BehrDined on 9/15/2014I asked the waitress if there was any issue getting tuna well done as I can not eat undercooked/raw food. She assured me there was no issue. My tuna was delivered rare. The manager asked if it could be reordered and I declined as my dinner companion already started eating his meal and I didn't want to have him have to wait for me. I ate my baked potato and called it a night. Some chef's don't like to or refuse to cook tuna well, that is why I asked. The server was nice as well as the manager but at this upscale place I would have though getting this right the first time, or letting me know they could not honor my request shouldn't have been an issues. They were not busy at all.
- Better off at McDonaldsEat2LiveDined on 9/13/2014The last time I was there was about 3 years ago. What a difference the 3 years has made. The oysters were not shucked properly, the food was greasy, crammed a party of 7 into a small table and had no room. The place was 1/2 empty and service was still very poor. Will not go back.
- FantasticExcellentVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have been here several times and its always been the same great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Johnnies hideaway special dinnerfloridatravelerDined on 9/7/2014Been here before on business but did not really have a chance to take it in. Simply one of my top five all time now and I've been all over Florida. Great food, especially the seafood, impeccable service and an amazing bar. I will be back!!!!!!!!!!!! Johnnies is one of the Talk of the Town group but I think it separates itself very well and is the best of them.Special Features: