12551 State Road 535
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnieshideaway.com/
- Phone: 4078271111x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenny James
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Johnnie's Hideaway
Johnnie’s Hideaway is a local and tourist favorite adjacent to Downtown Disney in the Crossroads Shopping Center, Lake Buena Vista. Johnnie’s Hideaway features USDA Prime & Choice steaks, dry aged on premises and fresh fish hand-cut daily, simply prepared with emphasis towards old Florida & Floribbean cuisine. A fabulous raw bar rounds out the menu with the emphasis on fresh, fresh, fresh while being nostalgically cutting edge. Johnnie’s is a great place for business meetings, special occasions or casual dining with friends. You may want to join us lakeside at the Hideaway Tiki Deck for cocktails and outdoor dining. Johnnie’s is proud of their many awards including Orlando Magazine’s “Best Service”, “Best Outdoor Dining” & “Best Late Night Dining”, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the prestigious DiRōNA Award. At Johnnie’s we pride ourselves in chef inspired cuisine, superior customer service and the promise to exceed all your expectations. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Johnnie's Hideaway reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (35)notable wine list (34)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (30)scenic view (24)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- special reunion dinnerabbyDined on 10/17/2014always pick Johnnie's for our annual reunion dinner with great friends....have been doing this now for about 8 years...never a bad meal....beautiful place with good quality steaks and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014The service was slow, they forgot to bring us the side dishes we ordered, and screwed up our salads. The filets had a funky taste, too.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/16/2014The food did not justify the costs for the sea bass and sword fish. The stone crab claws had little flavor and were not meaty. The salad had a lot of ingredients we did not like. My wife was happy with the scallops.
- Great food -drink and serviceJerrDined on 10/15/2014Met and exceeded all expectations - not only do they have great steaks , seafood and wine selection they have their our Bourbons and Whiskey they personally selected !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HideawayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant was recommended by my son. We fund the food and atmosphere to be superb. Renee, our server, was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. The free valet parking was a nice touch. We would return again. Note: Johnnie's is in a large mall. Traffic, getting out, was horrific.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyJaxgirlDined on 10/10/2014Second time to eat here. Last year was great this year not good at all. I had the filet which was tasteless. My husband had the Madagascar shrimp which was very mushy. baked potato was cold. Will not go back.
- definitely will returnsjg2013Dined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went for a night out. We started at the outside bar for drinks and went inside for dinner. The waitstaff was very attentive and pleasant. The food was brought out timely - not too fast or slow between courses. My wife and I both had steaks and a salad. The food was excellent. Well presented and a joy for the taste buds. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The service was very slow, and when we finally got the food it was warm at best . We couldn't get the servers attention to sent it back so we chose to pick on it and then the table was cleaned before the server came around again. It's not what it used to be. Very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Johnnie'sDivotdad5Dined on 9/28/2014Great last night in Orlando dining at Johnnie's. We will definitely return the nexxt time we are in Orlando.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKCallahanDined on 9/22/2014We dined here for my wife's birthday. We were seat shrtly after we arrived. Our waitstaff, Rhonda, did an excellent job. After a short conversation she made some excellent recommendations. The pace was great and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend Johnnies for any occassion.Special Features:
- food has gone downhillbobabouyDined on 9/22/2014Both of the groups I was with for this visit. The food is no where near as good as a year ago. Going downhill, not sure why...Special Features:
- SPECIAL EVENINGBDBASHDined on 9/20/2014This was a special evening for me and everyone made it just that for me. The food was fabulous. The service was superb. This is my favorite restaurant and you never disappoint me.Special Features:
- Everything was deliciousElenahdzDined on 9/20/2014Can't wait to go back, the tuna sashimi and tuna nachos were the most delicious everSpecial Features:
- Johnny'sJohnnyCanuckDined on 9/18/2014On arrival, my wife and I were greeted by a very friendly staff. After being seated, our server was very attentive and helped guide us through our choices. The food was nothing short of amazing. Finished our meal with two shared desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No special for you!!BehrDined on 9/15/2014I asked the waitress if there was any issue getting tuna well done as I can not eat undercooked/raw food. She assured me there was no issue. My tuna was delivered rare. The manager asked if it could be reordered and I declined as my dinner companion already started eating his meal and I didn't want to have him have to wait for me. I ate my baked potato and called it a night. Some chef's don't like to or refuse to cook tuna well, that is why I asked. The server was nice as well as the manager but at this upscale place I would have though getting this right the first time, or letting me know they could not honor my request shouldn't have been an issues. They were not busy at all.
- Better off at McDonaldsEat2LiveDined on 9/13/2014The last time I was there was about 3 years ago. What a difference the 3 years has made. The oysters were not shucked properly, the food was greasy, crammed a party of 7 into a small table and had no room. The place was 1/2 empty and service was still very poor. Will not go back.
- FantasticExcellentVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have been here several times and its always been the same great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Johnnies hideaway special dinnerfloridatravelerDined on 9/7/2014Been here before on business but did not really have a chance to take it in. Simply one of my top five all time now and I've been all over Florida. Great food, especially the seafood, impeccable service and an amazing bar. I will be back!!!!!!!!!!!! Johnnies is one of the Talk of the Town group but I think it separates itself very well and is the best of them.Special Features:
- anniversary luverslove2Dined on 9/3/2014I loved the relaxed feeling of this restaurant. The outside scenery was fine. We especially loved the frog legs and salad. The lobster and Filet was not too good. That was the let-down for us. We will return to this restaurant to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Preperationjeffspo57Dined on 9/2/2014All was good until I got my petit fillet. I ordered medium and got well done. Plus, at their prices, I expect a small, thick piece of meat. Mine was thin and, while tender, overcooked.Special Features:
- great mealJoeyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Recommended by hotel, this was our first time here. Food choices were plentiful and prepared just right. Was not disappointed with anything. However leaving the shopping mall where it is located is a bummer! Nearly 15 minutes to make a left turn!! worst part of the night.Special Features:
- Will not be returning.StuartDined on 8/31/2014We've been visiting for the last 6 years on numerous occasions and last night was the first visit, and it was so disappointing that we will not be returning. We booked the table 30 days in advance, and we were stuck in the back under an air con vent to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary, it was cold, dark and was just as if we'd walked off the street. The menu itself was misleading and didn't say things the food came with and was not as good as before, neither was the service. Thoroughly disappointing.
- Happy AnniversarybriamazingDined on 8/30/2014Went with my boyfriend for our 3-year anniversary. Server was very knowledgable about the wine list and helpful with helping pick out the perfect Pinot Noir. Food portions we decently sized and flavorful. Was provided with secluded and quiet seating arrangements. Made for a lovely anniversary outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Made our reservation on line, and made a point to put in the area where specified that we were celebrating our 49th anniversary. Nothing was mentioned about our anniversary after we were seated. When the water asked about dessert my husband said it was our 49th anniversary that very day and all that the waiter said was congratulations. Most restaurants comp at least 1 small dessert to share! My husband is allergic to garlic and most better restaurants (which you claim to be) offer an alternative, but not you. Also when I asked for butter for my roll the waiter said there was some melted on the top. Again most better restaurants would just bring the butter. I could go on but won't.
- A favoriteturtleDined on 8/23/2014This is one of our favorite places to go for steak when we are in Orlando. The food is always great. The service is great. Kind of an old world atmosphere. We wind up sharing a steak and some sides. Just perfect for us.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014From Pa...didn't want to do the Disney scene again...was so pleasantly happy with our experience. Food awesome and our server have extra special attention to my 3year old and the other tables children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Amazing!FoodieDined on 8/21/2014We just love every visit! The ambiance, service and food is so amazing. We love that the manager comes and checks on us every time as well! We will definitely be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faculty DinnerTheExperienceMattersDined on 8/20/2014Great location to Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Complimentary transportation was excellent and timely. Service was attentive. Food was creative and delicious. Good wine selection. Our group of 8 had the private area in the back which provided an opportunity for good discussion and networking. Thank you Johnnie's for a great evening.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Very well prepared food with a wide range of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George L. PerezOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We made reservations and arrived about 15 minutes early. They seated us about 10 minutes later. Though the service was slower that I am used to, but the food, once received was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice!AddisonDined on 8/17/2014The bell hop stand at our resort recommended this restaurant and it was an excellent choice!!Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Bad TableBarbHDined on 8/17/2014Our first visit to this highly recommended restaurant. The shrimp cocktail, wedge salad, Porterhouse steak, and Day Boat scallops were all excellent. We like to eat early so the restaurant was nearly empty but they chose to seat the two of us at a banquet for four. Sitting next to each other on the back we felt like we were dining with the couple at the opposite booth. And right behind us they were constantly (loudly) digging in an ice chest. When we left, we walked around and saw the nice view from the other room. Although we really enjoyed the outstanding food, the birthday celebration would have been much more memorable with a view of the water.Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation and still had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. Went to the bar and ordered a normal everyday cosmopolitan which set me back $16!! So excited to finally sit down because by now it's almost 9pm and I'm starving. We we're sat next to a family of tourists from New Jersey. Their kids were running all over the room like wild animals and yelling and screaming, one even got completely naked next to the table! After my $50 stone crab claws arrived they were not cracked very well, I spent most of the next 15 minutes struggling to open every claw. Got a filet and garlic mashed potatoes..not horrible but nothing to rave about. The worst was the asparagus, 4 spears with a deli slice of provolone cheese melted on top for 8.95?!
- Not Bad, but pricey.akaScottydoDined on 8/16/2014Food was good but not great. Steak was way overcooked. Took long enough to get it and I didn't want to wait for another so I just ate it. Ordered béarnaise sauce to help with the steak and it came ice cold, sent that back and they delivered what seemed to be the same one slightly warmer. On the bright side, the mashed potatoes were delicious. Everyone else's food seemed to come out as ordered, so they had no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicesteakloverDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I were in Orlando for a Cirque show and decided to eat at Johnnie's as we both like good steaks and seafood, we were not disappointed. The aged steaks were very flavorful and cooked perfectly and the stone crab claws on the side still had some of the "sea" flavor that you can only get with fresh seafood. The salads and appetizers (shrimp and lobster fritters and a special appetizer sent out by the chef with cucumber, shrimp ceviche, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime) were also very good. Also, you will not go away hungry, you get a LOT of food! It is a little pricey but for the quality of the food you get and the excellent service it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich SeafoodBillyDined on 8/15/2014We've been to Johnnie's many times as we have a second home in the area. THe one thing that struck all four of us was how rich the food was. It was as if the chef on duty went a little off the script. None of us finished our dishes. This is not the norm for Johnnie's. It is a good place to go later in the evening if you need a place to eat alone at the bar, or at a table with the family after a day at the parks. However, if you don't want to spend a couple of hours eating, make sure the server knows. Service at the bar is much faster and the bartenders are superb. The pickles and bread are the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food selectionsCwalkerDined on 8/14/2014The specialties of the day were some of the best I've seen for a weeknight. Will definitely go there again both for business and leisure dining. Prices were comensurate with service and food selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aug 2014 visitFoodie75Dined on 8/10/2014We visited here twice on our recent vacation, each time they were prompt with seating although service was a bit slow paced each time. Hostess, server and manager were friendly and welcoming. We have been coming here three or more times per year over the past several years when we are in the Lake Buena Vista area. We enjoy the restaurant and have tried most items on the menu. The daily specials, fresh fish selections and stone crab claws are always the best.Special Features:
- What an Amazing Experience!!FoodieDined on 8/8/2014My 2nd time at Johnnie's and it was just as good as the first!! I think this is my new favorite restaurant!! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Terrible Food, Rude StaffJaydathomas62090Dined on 8/7/2014We went for my boyfriend's birthday. The staff was rude, the grease everything was fried in was old, and the drunk people behind us were loud and obnoxious. This place was we left after ordering our main course due to the fact that a dirty dish cart was left in front of our table for 20 minutes.