12551 State Road 535
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnieshideaway.com/
- Phone: (407) 827-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenny James
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Johnnie's Hideaway
Johnnie’s Hideaway is a local and tourist favorite adjacent to Downtown Disney in the Crossroads Shopping Center, Lake Buena Vista. Johnnie’s Hideaway features USDA Prime & Choice steaks, dry aged on premises and fresh fish hand-cut daily, simply prepared with emphasis towards old Florida & Floribbean cuisine. A fabulous raw bar rounds out the menu with the emphasis on fresh, fresh, fresh while being nostalgically cutting edge. Johnnie’s is a great place for business meetings, special occasions or casual dining with friends. You may want to join us lakeside at the Hideaway Tiki Deck for cocktails and outdoor dining. Johnnie’s is proud of their many awards including Orlando Magazine’s “Best Service”, “Best Outdoor Dining” & “Best Late Night Dining”, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the prestigious DiRōNA Award. At Johnnie’s we pride ourselves in chef inspired cuisine, superior customer service and the promise to exceed all your expectations. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Johnnie's Hideaway reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)good for groups (43)romantic (42)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (30)fit for foodies (30)scenic view (29)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- anniversary luverslove2Dined on 9/3/2014I loved the relaxed feeling of this restaurant. The outside scenery was fine. We especially loved the frog legs and salad. The lobster and Filet was not too good. That was the let-down for us. We will return to this restaurant to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Preperationjeffspo57Dined on 9/2/2014All was good until I got my petit fillet. I ordered medium and got well done. Plus, at their prices, I expect a small, thick piece of meat. Mine was thin and, while tender, overcooked.Special Features:
- great mealJoeyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Recommended by hotel, this was our first time here. Food choices were plentiful and prepared just right. Was not disappointed with anything. However leaving the shopping mall where it is located is a bummer! Nearly 15 minutes to make a left turn!! worst part of the night.Special Features:
- Will not be returning.StuartDined on 8/31/2014We've been visiting for the last 6 years on numerous occasions and last night was the first visit, and it was so disappointing that we will not be returning. We booked the table 30 days in advance, and we were stuck in the back under an air con vent to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary, it was cold, dark and was just as if we'd walked off the street. The menu itself was misleading and didn't say things the food came with and was not as good as before, neither was the service. Thoroughly disappointing.
- Happy AnniversarybriamazingDined on 8/30/2014Went with my boyfriend for our 3-year anniversary. Server was very knowledgable about the wine list and helpful with helping pick out the perfect Pinot Noir. Food portions we decently sized and flavorful. Was provided with secluded and quiet seating arrangements. Made for a lovely anniversary outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Made our reservation on line, and made a point to put in the area where specified that we were celebrating our 49th anniversary. Nothing was mentioned about our anniversary after we were seated. When the water asked about dessert my husband said it was our 49th anniversary that very day and all that the waiter said was congratulations. Most restaurants comp at least 1 small dessert to share! My husband is allergic to garlic and most better restaurants (which you claim to be) offer an alternative, but not you. Also when I asked for butter for my roll the waiter said there was some melted on the top. Again most better restaurants would just bring the butter. I could go on but won't.
- A favoriteturtleDined on 8/23/2014This is one of our favorite places to go for steak when we are in Orlando. The food is always great. The service is great. Kind of an old world atmosphere. We wind up sharing a steak and some sides. Just perfect for us.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014From Pa...didn't want to do the Disney scene again...was so pleasantly happy with our experience. Food awesome and our server have extra special attention to my 3year old and the other tables children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Amazing!FoodieDined on 8/21/2014We just love every visit! The ambiance, service and food is so amazing. We love that the manager comes and checks on us every time as well! We will definitely be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faculty DinnerTheExperienceMattersDined on 8/20/2014Great location to Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Complimentary transportation was excellent and timely. Service was attentive. Food was creative and delicious. Good wine selection. Our group of 8 had the private area in the back which provided an opportunity for good discussion and networking. Thank you Johnnie's for a great evening.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Very well prepared food with a wide range of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George L. PerezOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We made reservations and arrived about 15 minutes early. They seated us about 10 minutes later. Though the service was slower that I am used to, but the food, once received was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice!AddisonDined on 8/17/2014The bell hop stand at our resort recommended this restaurant and it was an excellent choice!!Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Bad TableBarbHDined on 8/17/2014Our first visit to this highly recommended restaurant. The shrimp cocktail, wedge salad, Porterhouse steak, and Day Boat scallops were all excellent. We like to eat early so the restaurant was nearly empty but they chose to seat the two of us at a banquet for four. Sitting next to each other on the back we felt like we were dining with the couple at the opposite booth. And right behind us they were constantly (loudly) digging in an ice chest. When we left, we walked around and saw the nice view from the other room. Although we really enjoyed the outstanding food, the birthday celebration would have been much more memorable with a view of the water.Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation and still had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. Went to the bar and ordered a normal everyday cosmopolitan which set me back $16!! So excited to finally sit down because by now it's almost 9pm and I'm starving. We we're sat next to a family of tourists from New Jersey. Their kids were running all over the room like wild animals and yelling and screaming, one even got completely naked next to the table! After my $50 stone crab claws arrived they were not cracked very well, I spent most of the next 15 minutes struggling to open every claw. Got a filet and garlic mashed potatoes..not horrible but nothing to rave about. The worst was the asparagus, 4 spears with a deli slice of provolone cheese melted on top for 8.95?!
- Not Bad, but pricey.akaScottydoDined on 8/16/2014Food was good but not great. Steak was way overcooked. Took long enough to get it and I didn't want to wait for another so I just ate it. Ordered béarnaise sauce to help with the steak and it came ice cold, sent that back and they delivered what seemed to be the same one slightly warmer. On the bright side, the mashed potatoes were delicious. Everyone else's food seemed to come out as ordered, so they had no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicesteakloverDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I were in Orlando for a Cirque show and decided to eat at Johnnie's as we both like good steaks and seafood, we were not disappointed. The aged steaks were very flavorful and cooked perfectly and the stone crab claws on the side still had some of the "sea" flavor that you can only get with fresh seafood. The salads and appetizers (shrimp and lobster fritters and a special appetizer sent out by the chef with cucumber, shrimp ceviche, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime) were also very good. Also, you will not go away hungry, you get a LOT of food! It is a little pricey but for the quality of the food you get and the excellent service it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich SeafoodBillyDined on 8/15/2014We've been to Johnnie's many times as we have a second home in the area. THe one thing that struck all four of us was how rich the food was. It was as if the chef on duty went a little off the script. None of us finished our dishes. This is not the norm for Johnnie's. It is a good place to go later in the evening if you need a place to eat alone at the bar, or at a table with the family after a day at the parks. However, if you don't want to spend a couple of hours eating, make sure the server knows. Service at the bar is much faster and the bartenders are superb. The pickles and bread are the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food selectionsCwalkerDined on 8/14/2014The specialties of the day were some of the best I've seen for a weeknight. Will definitely go there again both for business and leisure dining. Prices were comensurate with service and food selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aug 2014 visitFoodie75Dined on 8/10/2014We visited here twice on our recent vacation, each time they were prompt with seating although service was a bit slow paced each time. Hostess, server and manager were friendly and welcoming. We have been coming here three or more times per year over the past several years when we are in the Lake Buena Vista area. We enjoy the restaurant and have tried most items on the menu. The daily specials, fresh fish selections and stone crab claws are always the best.Special Features:
- What an Amazing Experience!!FoodieDined on 8/8/2014My 2nd time at Johnnie's and it was just as good as the first!! I think this is my new favorite restaurant!! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Terrible Food, Rude StaffJaydathomas62090Dined on 8/7/2014We went for my boyfriend's birthday. The staff was rude, the grease everything was fried in was old, and the drunk people behind us were loud and obnoxious. This place was we left after ordering our main course due to the fact that a dirty dish cart was left in front of our table for 20 minutes.
- Great foodBritishBusinessDined on 8/6/2014Lovely food and attentive service. Only problem that ruined my dining experience was the unruly children on the next table with parents who seemed unwilling or unable to control their children and unconcerned about the affect on neighboring diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Searching ForDianeWDined on 8/3/2014Tucked away in a shopping center, it can be tricky to find. Joined old friends for dinner here on August 3 and, at first, I thought the place was a bit old, judging by the decor, BUT the service and food made up for the "looks". The seafood was fresh and the side dishes (served family style) were fantastic. I had the scallops (they offer 3 different preparations) and my husband had the salmon. The scallops were sensational. I eat salmon (I'm not really a seafood person) every week, but I wish I had ordered the salmon because it was the best I've ever tasted. Cooked on a cedar plank and covered with a cheesy crust before backing, the meat was tender, flavorable and beautifully cooked. I'd go back here on next trip to Orlando.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We have been to Johnnie's Hideaway several times over the past 3-4 years and it seems that as of late, this establishment has really gone downhill. Our reservations made through Open Table were for 7:30. We arrived shortly before that time and were told that our table was being cleaned off and to wait in the bar. Twenty minutes later, we decided to just eat in the bar area as there were plenty of spots available. Not sure what was going on as the restaurant wasn't at all busy and there were numerous open tables that were already clean. 8:00 on a saturday night and the place was dead. Food is still good, but obviously some staffing issues force me to give Johnnie's less than a favorable review.
- Dissapointed returnStumpy1Dined on 8/1/2014Had been our favourite eatery on our last visit to Orlando & were looking forward to introducing Johnnies to friends who'd travelled with us. made to wait 20 minutes for a table despite having pre-booked online. After being told we were waiting for a party to vacate the table, we were ushered to a room with a dozen empty tables, which remained empty throughout the evening. Service throughout the evening was slow. We assumed that this was due to our remote seating location. Although our server was very helpful, the long wait between ordering drinks and food had us wondering if we had been forgotten. The food on the whole was OK at best (a crab dish was sent back as it was off) but overpriced.Fell very short of our expectations.Special Features:
- one of my local "5"RDM1Dined on 7/30/2014When I am looking for a go to seafood spot or a client wants a great aged steak ( NY strip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTheFoodieGalDined on 7/29/2014We are fans of Charleys and fishbones, so thought this restaurant in the sames group would be a slightly funkier , laid back version. The outside was promising, looked fun even in the rain. Service was ok. Food not great. The crab cocktail started was the laziest plate of food I have ever seen in a restaurant. A martini glass with a large leaf in the bottom with lumps of unseasoned crab on top. On the side a dish of cocktail sauce and an unexplained yellow sauce. That was it! Steak not bad, and garlic mash very tasty. The salad was clearly made earlier in the day and mushy, not edible. Noisy tables surrounded us. Clearly a place to go on big group business trips. Would not return.Special Features:
- The following 416 reviews are from the Johnnie's Hideaway reviews archive.
- Amazing Find in a Busy City!!AmazedDined on 7/27/2014I loved the relax feel of this restaurant. The ambiance, food and service was the best! I completely enjoyed my entire evening and so did my husband! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hideaway!!!FoodieDined on 7/27/2014Amazing experience from start to finish!! Drinks, appetizers, salads, dinner and dessert were all to die for. The service and ambiance could not have been better. We will definitely be back to try more of the menu!Special Features:
- Good Food in a Tourist AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Johnnies is near WDW so there are a lot of tourist, which brings a mixed crowd. Some definitely coming for the food which was delicious, while others were just tourists looking for a decent meal. The combination is odd, since you some folk dressed nice and looking and enjoying a night out with good food. Then there others that looked like they just left the park. Service was good. A little slow in the beginning but I think it was the 7pm rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should stay hidden!MQNorthEndDined on 7/25/2014Tried this place on a whim after finding it on Open Table. Should've stuck to Fleming's or other known steakhouses. Place was really outdated and less than desirable being on the side off highway overlooking Red Lobster. The waitress was lovely, but forgot one of our appetizers. Three of us ordered the petit filet. One tasted like bacon, strange, and the other two were turned. You could even smell the old meat scent. They quickly took the meat away to replace it and I don't think they actually brought filet back. I'm a big meat eater...steak and potatoes kind of girl. I could not stomach this beef. The mashed potatoes were delicious though. Wasn't happy they didn't offer a free drink, dessert or take anything off the bill. Stay away!!!
- A bit over pricedNotagainDined on 7/25/2014We have eaten here before. Cheese bread looked good, taste disappointed us. Salad had a lot of ingredients, lettuce was soggy. Dinner was not hot when it arrived.Special Features:
- Johnnies HideawayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014When ever we travel to Orlando we make sure to eat at Johnnies Hideaway. Have never been disappointed with the service or food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food from Apps to Dess.AlanhDined on 7/24/2014I have eaten around the world and this is one of the best treats I have had in quite some time. The food was absolutely spectacular! Love this place.Special Features:
- We will be backUkvisitorDined on 7/17/2014Good food and service - liked the salad and bread included with all entrees. Steaks and desserts were massive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Appetizers took too long.. Waitress did not check up on us in a timely manner.. When appetizer finally came they were cold..Special Features:
- Excellent!!LauraDined on 7/12/2014The entire dining experience at Johnnie's is fantastic! Top of the line steaks, fabulously fresh fish and seafood, deserts to save room for. We are definately Johnnie's biggest fans.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingLuvsteakVIPDined on 7/5/2014First time to eat there. Not up to standards that dinner prices would indicate. Steak was good but not great. Wine list was adequate but not great. Service was adequate, but for fine dining there was no additional table service other than waiter (ie., no bread and water servers). Not a bad meal overall, just not what I expect from a fine steak and seafood establishment.
- UnbelievableDisappointedDined on 7/5/2014We had eaten in Johnnie's several years ago & enjoyed the food. This evening it was just terrible.