John Q's Steakhouse
55 Public Square
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
John Q's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.johnqssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2168610900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Curtis Parker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room can accommodate up to 65 guests. It's ideal for hosting luncheons, cocktail parties or dinner functions.
- Private Party Contact: Elena Rego 2168610900
- Cross Street: West 3rd & Rockwell
- Public Transit: Tower City Mall directly across from restaurant has a rapid stop. In addition all bus routes access downtown.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have valet for holiday & special events. There are surface public parking lots around the restaurant & metered street parking on all streets
A word from John Q's Steakhouse
John Q’s Steakhouse is located on Cleveland’s Public Square. Since it was established in 1979, John Q’s has anchored downtown dining in Cleveland. Local sports memorabilia accents the masculine interior. Warm lighting, polished brass, hardwood floors along with a great view of Public Square make this a romantic spot as well. The menu features Certified Angus Beef, including items such as a 24oz Porterhouse, 12oz black pepper strip steak, 10oz filet mignon and a 14oz Delmonico steak. It also includes lamb & pork chops along with a variety of fresh fish daily. Tollhouse pie & apple walnut pie are dessert favorites. Desserts made on premises.Continued
PLEASE NOTE: For parties of 7 or larger 1 check is required and 18% gratuity will be added.
PLEASE NOTE: For parties of 7 or larger 1 check is required and 18% gratuity will be added.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
John Q's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- My food was very bland, forBlessedDined on 6/15/2013My food was very bland, for the money that I paid it was not worth it at all. My husband steak was tuff and poorly seasoned. Guess thats why it was their last day!
- sad this place is closing...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2013sad this place is closing... nice to have one last meal there... it has been a while.Special Features:
- Camille was our server andstamandVIPDined on 6/8/2013Camille was our server and we had a wonderful evening. So very sorry that it closing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationDJPantherDined on 5/25/2013I really hated to find out that this place is closing! We had a great time celebrating my wife's birthday. The flowers were delivered and were waiting at the private table that was reserved for us. The staff was great in helping make this a wonderful evening for her. And the food was great. I hope to make it back before their last day. Downtown is losing a great asset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O Johnny'sGoodEatinDined on 5/23/2013Many visits 2 John Q's and it wus wonderful as always. Sad 2 see that there closingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just VisitingCWS4foodDined on 5/19/2013If you want a steakhouse that provides solid value, very good food, and a warm and welcoming atmosphere, this is the place for you. In addition, you do not need to cash in your IRA to eat there. I am visiting in Cleveland, and the restaurant passed one test--I brought a group there on the next night.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2013Wonderful atmosphere. The food is wonderful, the service superb. They have wonderful sports items all over the restaurant. This is a great restaurant that you can only experience in Cleveland. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak In ClevelandKsilfmVIPDined on 5/16/2013Being a Chicagoan I may be a bit of a steak snob, but the steaks here were prepared well and cooked well. I've been to Cleveland chop house and this is about the same level but a bit less expensive and the ambiance is less. It's very old world steak house decor, which I enjoy. Overall the food was good and we all left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Had a wonderful meal withmy Mom. She enjoyed theChicken Tuscany (was a little too much for her to eat).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, many stationsGiovanni1VIPDined on 5/12/2013Food was good, many stations were low on food or cold. A concern for a brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day brunchhawkdawgDined on 5/12/2013It wasn't to crowded excellent selection of food choices professional stafg it was beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John Q'sBarbDined on 5/11/2013The restaurant was nice. The server Stacy was very personable. The noise level was really high. There was a child screaming on occasion which was unfortunate since I had brought my husband there for a romantic dinner without our children. The dinner was good the scallops were great, my husband's steak was pretty good. I had the prime rib which was okay. I remembered it being better previously and unfortunately my piece was tough and very fatty. We also got dessert (the tollhouse cookie) and it wasn't worth it. It must have been made earlier in the week and served on Saturday which was unfortunate. I just remember the restaurant (food quality) being a lot better. I left wanting better quality for the $165.00 I spent. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsgarymaryDined on 5/11/2013We chose John Q's Steakhouse from reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Some of the other noteworthy steak houses in the area had prime rib only on certain days. We wanted prime rib on a Saturday. Not too much to ask, at least not for John Q's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceTiernasligoDined on 5/4/2013We were celebrating my daughter's return home from her first year at college. Special occasions like that deserve a special restaurant. Johnny's is typically the first restaurant that comes to mind for these. The food was delicious, served timely, and with a friendly smile. The manager stopped by to see how our dinner was. For a great steak and great service, we highly recommend Johnny Q's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Administrative Professionals LunchShelleyDined on 5/2/2013We had a great time, great food, and a great waiter - John B. If it wasn't so far from the PHS area where we work, we would dine here a lot!Special Features:
- Consider another steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013Went by Zagat, definitely not a 28! The food was excellent quality and fresh, however that is the only place this establishment excels. Medium well porterhouse was well done, scallops were cooked perfectly but practically inedible due to over salted cream sauce, Chilean sea bass was fried, soggy, salty, greasy, and sent back. Although they honoured a request for a private booth, we were seated by the malfunctioning speakers that blared 70s music. Out of date decor. Overall, very disappointing. I would NOT recommend John Q's.Special Features:
- OuchSurebudyDined on 4/20/2013Food excellent! Need a space to contain large parties. Tried to have a night with the wife away from kids ... Routy birthday party was there! It would have been more relaxing and quiet to order pizza and stay home!
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013We expected a lot more from this Steakhouse after reading the reviews. It felt rather "old & ordinary." Considering the prices, the food did not live up to our expectations. The steaks were ok. We have dined at many steakhouses & this wouldn't be in the top 5.
- Top-NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Amazing experience! Looking forward to our next visit!!Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013The food and service were excellent. We can't wait to go back.
- Great Food, Tara took veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Great Food, Tara took very good care of us. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2013We took our out of town clients to this restaurant and they were very impressed as were we. The steak was Excellent cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding, the menu is delectable. The wine list was quite extensive. Everything from appetizers to dessert was amazing. As a lifetime Clevelander, I definitely recommend this place and will be back very soon!!Special Features:
- we had a $100.00 gift cardOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013we had a $100.00 gift card from John Q's and were surprised that we couldn't use it to pay for the alcohol and the sales tax. We didn't use all $100.00 and were taken aback that we couldn't get another certificate for the remaining money since our FOOD portion only cost 84.00. We were told we could get something "TO GO" to use up the remaining money. With the tip we left and having to pay cash for the 2 drinks, the restaurant made a free 15.00, which was what was left on our certificate. Money is money and I don't see why our certificate couldn't be used for our total meal. We probably won't be returning, eventhough the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonder steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Probably the best porterhouse steak I have ever had.. And the choclate covered strawberry with the bill was a nice added touch..Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Great place for special occasion and a wonderful steak dinners. We have been there three times and we have had great meals. This past time, all our meat was rarer than ordered. I was disappointed I had to send mine back.Special Features:
- I would recommend John Q'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013I would recommend John Q's for the quality of their food but that would be it. We went there Saturday evening for my husbands birthday. I had commented this when I made reservations through open table but nothing was mentioned to him nor was a dessert brought out for him even after I said something to the waitress about it being his birthday. She only smiled. S if you are celebrating something special I wouldn't recommend this restaurant. Also, when our dinner was over, the waitress handed me our bill and didn't even say thank you or anything. She just placed the bill on the table and walked away.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Fabulous restaurant. Excellent service. Very attentive to food allergies.Special Features:
- Tops!MichaelJDined on 4/13/2013I was looking for a place near by to get to the Playhouse quickly. I had seen John Qs over the years but had not stopped. The food, the environment, I had asked for a quiet seating location, the waitress, just was outstanding. I could go on and on but honestly, I will make an excuse to return sooner rather than later. It was a superb location to eat.Special Features:
- The food was good. It wasDaveVIPDined on 4/9/2013The food was good. It was early in the day so not much in the way of other people around. Nice wine.
- Besides the fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2013Besides the fantastic food and service, this place is conveniently located to the casino and downtown hotels. We were visiting from Cincinnati and all four of us found John Q's to be a great dining experience.
- Made for an amazing birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2013Made for an amazing birthday dinner for my wife. Everything about the restaurant, food and service was great. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Very disappointed in the EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Very disappointed in the Easter Sunday buffet. For the high price they didn't include a mimosa or bloody mary. Beef was too done or too rare. No one at the table with liked the beef and we expected that to be very good. Would not go there again for a holiday buffet.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013This was our first time at your restaurant. We were very satisfied with everything. Our server was wonderful too.
- Thank you John Q's:)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Food was excellent!! Server was fantastic! Lance was wonderful. I am a service manager at Quaker Steak and Lube and wish I had more people like Lance working for me. Very nice atmosphere and absolutely loved sitting in the private Indians boothe! We will be back and requesting Lance. Thank you for a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- THE BESTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013I has the best time it was our 18 year anniversary and we has a great time the food was excellent!!! Our waitress was the best! I will be backSpecial Features:
- The steak salad was ratherDinergalDined on 3/25/2013The steak salad was rather blah, especially considering it is a steakhouse.Special Features:
- Great for date night or justOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Great for date night or just hanging with friends. Great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Didn't Live Up to the HypeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Crab Cakes and Caesar salad were good. The filets my wife and I ordered were not so good, and the sauteed mushrooms didn't have much flavor. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- Kinda pricey but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Kinda pricey but the food and experience was very nice...Special Features:
- The waiters attitude wasn'tGaleDined on 3/21/2013The waiters attitude wasn't friendly. He didn't speak when he approched the table, he just started pouring water into the glasses. My guest didn't feel welcome and it were my Birthday. But the FOOD was excellent.Special Features: