John Palmer's Bistro 44
7590 Fredle Drive
Concord, OH 44077Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
John Palmer's Bistro 44
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.johnpalmers.com/
- Phone: (440) 350-0793
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Palmer DeJoy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Personalized catering services available to accommodate any party size & event.
- Private Party Facilities: John Palmer's Bistro 44 offers private space for 20 to 25 guests. A $50 room charge applies.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy or Michelle 4403500793
A word from John Palmer's Bistro 44
John Palmer's Bistro 44 offers contemporary American & Comfort Food cuisine featuring a "scratch kitchen" where all items are made in-house using the freshest products available. John Palmer's Bistro 44 features a cozy environment with a warm fireplace, private room & a comfortable couch lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
John Palmer's Bistro 44 - Best Restaurants in Concord ›
John Palmer's Bistro 44 reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (30)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (12)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- New ownership, same great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/7/2014Met the new owners, Sean, head chef and his wife who greeted us and told us about their new endeavor. We sat at the kitchen bar as we had in the past. Saw lots of great looking food being delivered. My wife and I both ordered the filet mignon and was cooked to perfection. Congratulations on your new restaurant. Of course we will miss John and Michelle dearly, but can only hope they are now enjoying their new found retirement. The new owners have not missed a beat. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FabulousZoegirlDined on 10/18/2014First visit for my boyfriend and myself.We loved it! The food was exactly as described melt in your mouth delicious!!! I ordered a pasta creation and it was brought to the table pipin hot which i loved.We of course had to taste each others meals because they were so good; "honey here you gotta try this".Can't wait to go back.. Keep up the good work John Palmer !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I took a chance on John Palmer's for the first time for a special occasion. It turned out great. The food quality, atmosphere and level of service were very much on par with some of the Vegas restaurants that we like to frequent. Kudos and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014John palmers is always spot on! If you have not tried this place, you need to. Just go, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014We came to celebrate a birthday. The food was excellent . We ordered two appetizers among 4 people and dinner entrees. I would really recommend the salmon. Our waiter knew the menu very well, was polite, and very helpful. It was a very positive experience. The only downside might be that the restaurant is on the dark side. A candle would have been good on our table or some other source of light. My husband has trouble seeing in darker rooms and i had to read the menu to him. We would come again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Very nice dinner with my wife. We visit Palmer's 3 or 4 times a year. This visit was better than last time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful experienceshirlgirlDined on 9/27/2014We had reservations for 7:30, food order taken at approximately 8:10p...hungry!! It took a long time for server to come back after we told her we needed a few more minutes to look through the menu...Steak recommended..."We are k nown for our steaks" was the server's words so I ordered filet mignon. I stipulated very clearly NO RED!..well it came out very red, ie not cooked, ie blue...the accompanying mash potatoes were barely warm. I sent it back. It returned, that's right RED! but now on COLD mashed potatoes. By now my husband was completely done with his dinner and I had lost my appetite. The server was apologetic but really? I went home nauseated.
- DisappointingSwiftDined on 9/13/2014This is the third or fourth time we've been here, but it was rather disappointing this time. The food was OK, but nothing special. I had this pork loin and it was a little dull and a little dry. The salads were kind of bland, short on dressing, and limp. Nothing was terrible, but nothing was very good.
- Very nice placeLocomotionDined on 8/22/2014This place is upscale with the prices to prove it. The service was great with friendly staff. My only criticism is I wish there were booths so you could have a romantic dinner with your special someone. If they do I could not tell. The food is excellent and you don't need to wear a suit to be there. Make reservations first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AN OUTSTANDING DINING EXPERIENCE!lucylocketDined on 8/22/2014This is our 3rd visit to John Palmer's Bistro 44 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It is one of our favorite restaurants. The menu offers an variety to accommodate your appetite and budget. One of the must haves is the Shrimp Cocktail. Although the shrimp are priced at $4 ea. they are huge and prepared to perfection. We enjoyed the Salmon entre' and fish special of the night. Both dishes were just delicious! To top off our dinner, we enjoyed the Trio Crème Brulee and a perfect cup of coffee. The service was very attentive. The ambience is calming with good music piped in the background for easy listening. AN OUTSTANDING DINING EXPERIENCE!Special Features:
- Another great mealDavideVIPDined on 8/15/2014Dinner with 2 of my favorite ladies. All the appetizers and entrées were wonderful. John and his crew are running on all cylinders. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinglkaClevelandDined on 8/12/2014Our visit was superb. We spent our 35th anniversary in one of the circular booths (recommended). Our server was outstanding and very knowledgable concerning the menu. The lobster nachos and pork belly was wonderful. We had Kobe sirloin and tuna filet which were also incredible. Trio of lemon-lime creme brûlée topped off this amazing dinner. Definitely a superb meal and we will be returning soonSpecial Features:
- average at best.bartenderDined on 8/12/2014phil the server was excellent until he brought my beer to the table. I had to ask for napkins. why would the bartender let something leave her bar that way? he seemed rather oblivious to the situation; as was he with our complaints of the 'not very warm onion rings' or the fudge trying to be passed off as mousse. he seemed to have no idea how to react to any issue. but he knew the menu and specials very well. and he was attentive; stopping by often to check on us. in hindsight, it appears to be an empty concern. I had the bbq trio....ordinary at best. mac n cheese was bland. her salmon was very good. atmosphere is good. the only reason to ever go back is to listen to alex bevan play. btw, where was our stone dragon bread, phil?
- Great Business DinnerBigBenDined on 8/12/2014Came in after a round of Golf with a group of four. Service was excellent, food very very good. Outstanding selection of Appetizers, Main courses were very good as well. The Sides were okay, wasn't over the moon about my quattro formagi Mac and Cheese, but overall a very pleaseant experience! Highly recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great ServicecruiseaddictDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here. There were 5 of us. We all enjoyed our meals. We shared a couple of appetizers and all had an entree. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Always love our meals and took the kids this time. They loved the upscale kids menu and cleared their plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the John Palmer's Bistro 44 reviews archive.
- Great service, good foodMediocreDined on 7/12/2014The food was all very good. Lobster nachos, grilled tuna, ribeye. We were with another couple. The restaurant acoustics make it loud. It was ard to talk to one another. Our waiter was perfect. Knowledgeable and just attentive enough to meet our needs without being invasive.
- Never failsbudronVIPDined on 7/3/2014We visit this establishment quite a bit and it is always dependable for a nice evening. There was music and the food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedOctober2Dined on 7/3/2014Menu is way too limited. No chicken choices for those who don't eat meat or fish. Too much sauce - smothered the entre. Waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience2happydinersDined on 7/2/2014We've been dining at John Palmer's since it first opened in Chardon and we've followed it to Bistro 44. Always wonderful food and service. We HIGHLY recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlsirVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great food as always; the Rhode Island oysters were superb; the filet was perfect; good service and reasonable pricing for wine by the glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Lobster nachos were amazing! Waitress was very nice, BBQ trio was enormous that my husband ordered and my salmon was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the tripTimmyDVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wasn't horrible. Food was good, although not prepared the way it was requested. Steak came medium well to well done when ordered medium. Chicken and waffles, waffle was extremely dry. Maybe that is the way the waffle is supposed to be. Just not worth the drive.
- Always good - but slight fall downRayandJVIPDined on 6/4/2014We've been to John Palmer's a number of times and always find it delightful. Service is always excellent - food is always great. There is a new menu that leans more to steaks (which we've had in the past and are always excellent) however there are some very unique items that we were anxious to try. The foi gras with ice wine jelly appetizer was very, very good - we enjoyed it immensely! I had the gnocchi, veal pasta dish which was perfect - could not have been better. Paired nicely with the DeJoy Wine. My wife ordered the chicken and waffles. This was not good. The waffle was bready and dry - truly uneatable. The chicken was also dry. We did offer this feedback to our waitress to relay to the chef.Special Features:
- emperorVIPDined on 6/3/2014Overall this is a fine restaurant. My wife had the Tuna which was done perfectly and with great presentation. My dish was the Trio BBQ. Two of the three meats wrere very dry and overdone. The pulled pork and the sausage were well below parr. Then there was not . Enough BBQ sauce. Tonight it was off the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dogpileDined on 5/24/2014Slight delay is being seated, despite empty tables. Could not believe that they were out of oysters on a Saturday night of a holiday weekend-whomever does their ordering is an idiot! They were also out of one dessert. Seriously? Steak was very nice and cooked perfectly, same for the tuna steak. Plate presentation-totally lacking-just toss the food on the plate seems to be their motto.Special Features:
- Still a gemSandeeDined on 5/14/2014Food prep is excellent, always to our specifications. Chef is talented. Service is best around. Always an enjoyable evening. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- A GemFoodbozzDined on 5/9/2014An evening out without kids and this is the place to be. From the moment you step in until you leave a truly memorable experience. True fine cuisine prepared with the finest ingredients. Service was outstanding. Appetizers are a must try. We had the salmon and cod and it was prepared beautifully! Planning on another trip back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014A weekday evening for dinner with friends that haven't been together in a long time - perfect place - perfect evening. The food was wonderful and enough (appetizers) to share. It was hard to choose an entree because of the great selection. The waitress was attentive, helpful and timely. Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emperorVIPDined on 5/6/2014Always excellent. The food is prepared as ordered and its quality is perfect. A nice blend of flavors and presentation shows the overall concern for doing things well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John Palmer's Bistro 44 DeliversKelBelDined on 5/2/2014The delicious kobe beef egg rolls got our evening off to a delicious start. Crunchy and savory and not the least bit greasy. Could have made a meal of a couple orders of these! We were eating a bit later so my companion and I chose lighter options. I enjoyed the salad special which included delicious greens, toasted pecans, blue cheese and a lovely vinaigrette. I topped it with grilled salmon that was expertly prepared. My companion chose the Palmer salad - a fave of his - because he loves sundried tomatoes. He also chose grilled salmon to accompany the salad and a vinaigrette. Just enough bread and some wine made for a delicious meal. We also enjoyed the live music by a duo that complemented the ambiance perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite for special occasions!EnjoysgoodfoodDined on 4/26/2014Love John Palmers. Exquisite cuisine. This is our go to place for special occasions or when we feel like splurging on a great meal. The kitchen bar is perfect for a night out with the girls... Enjoying cocktails, chatting with the chef, and watching food being prepared.Special Features:
- Anniversary specialsparklesDined on 4/12/2014We dined at John Palmers Bistro on a Saturday night at 6pm. We were instantly amazed at how a restaurant in a strip mall could be so inviting and classy when we walked through the door. The lighting was low but we were still able to see the menu and each other. The waitress was friendly and helpful and gave us very good service. We settled on the filet mignon with side salad. the salad was the best we've had in a long time. Mine had the tomatoes, feta cheese, pine nuts, and greens. The portions were adequate and left us just enough room for the creme brulee trio for desset with coffee. Very enjoyable and tasty. I'd say a bit decadent. My luxury cosmo maritni was good to the last drop. My husband's wine was very good too.Special Features:
- Short drive… great food!TracySDined on 4/4/2014Have never visited this location for dinner, although we live about 10 minutes away. We were very surprised at how amazing the food was. Delicious appetizers and great halibut on special. A little pricey, but you don't mind as much when the dining experience is excellent.Special Features:
- Nice Special Occasion Experiencehp73Dined on 4/4/2014Enjoyed a terrific meal with good service for a birthday celebration. Prices are steep across the board. Otherwise, would dine there more frequently as we live nearby.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedSandeeDined on 4/4/2014Quickly became a fave of ours. Their chef is amazing & the service is excellent. Our last visit I ordered the salmon, med. rare. It was glazed with Grand Marnier, juicy & flavorful, sitting on a bed of creamy lobster & cilantro orzo with fresh broccoli on the side. My husband ordered the scallops. He said they were very tender & seared to perfection. A black pepper fettuccini with spinach & shallots in a lemon cream sauce were a nice accompaniment. Great wine list, great service, great food. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemSandeeDined on 3/17/2014Our most recent visit was exceptional. We started with the bacon wrapped scallops & a lovely sweet & sour sauce the chef prepared specifically for my husband's taste. Next we indulged in oysters on the half shell, slightly on the smaller side but definitely fresh. I chose the filet mignon, rare, redskins, asparagus & pearl onion merlot reduction. All were done to perfection. My husband decided on the bison which was "fall off the bone" good. It came with homemade polenta & creamy escarole. Just mouth-watering. Our waitress, Barb, never missed a beat. She's knowledgable & makes sure you have a pleasant dining experience. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightIleneDined on 3/15/2014Consistently enjoy my dining experience here every time. Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceLifeistooshortDined on 3/13/2014Had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. We shared the risotto balls and the crab cakes. Both were delicious, although the crab cakes were a little overpriced. Then we both had the Kobe beef, medium rare, and it was incredible. It was half price for wine that night, which was a nice surprise. We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!johnpogeDined on 3/12/2014Lived up in east side for many years, and was always tempted to go. Glad we did! My wife and I both attended culinary school, and I must admit that we were both VERY pleasantly surprised with the quality of food. Well done; we would choose here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.