John Bentley's - Redwood City
2915 El Camino Real
Redwood City, CA 94061Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
John Bentley's - Redwood City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.johnbentleys.com/
- Phone: (650) 365-7777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Bentley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: John Bentley's offers private dining downstairs for up to 24 people, and a private dining room upstairs, with private bar, for up to 50 people, equipped for AV presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent Osar 6503657777x52
A word from John Bentley's - Redwood City
Located on the Atherton/Redwood City border, John Bentley's offers New American cuisine, a fun wine list, and warm gracious service with a full bar and banquet facilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
John Bentley's - Redwood City - Best Restaurants in Redwood City ›
John Bentley's - Redwood City reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (127)special occasion (126)neighborhood gem (93)romantic (81)notable wine list (47)great for lunch (37)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- ItalianwomanVIPDined on 11/25/2014Once again all we can say is wonderful! My company frequents Bentley"s for after work get together s and end of the week dinners. The service, food, drinks , and atmosphere are always great! We will keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but too loudrosaDined on 11/13/2014The food was fantastic. The rack of lamb was cooked perfectly. When my date and I arrived, we were taken back by how loud it was in there. We thought about leaving. We were shouting across the table from one another. After some groups left, the noise level was dropped and we could enjoy a conversation. I wouldn't go back unless it was later in the night and it wasn't packed with loud diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbSIW713Dined on 11/12/2014We were first time diners at this establishment and they made a great first impression. Its a small intimate setting yet not stuffy. The food was was delicious and the service was on point. A few standout dishes were the Scallop entree and pork belly appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dining SpotClaraVIPDined on 11/12/2014We were four for dinner on a Wednesday night. Bentley's was busy and there was a nice buzz. The staff is super and the service excellent. There is a variety of items on the menu that would satisfy anyone's preferences and they will substitute items if you desire. My husband had the veal and I had scallops. Both were outstanding. The best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- City Dinning Without the DrivewhineandineDined on 11/11/2014Have been to Bentley's numerous times and always enjoy the experience. Dinner was with 3 out-of-town guests and evening was very nice. At times, however, the service disappeared and as a result time between courses lengthened to more than 20 minutes. Kitchen is creative and some of the dishes are excellent. I recommend diners go for what's new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolVIPDined on 11/10/2014Love your little booths for quiet conversations. Thank you. The watermelon and crab salad is a delight!Special Features:
- Delicious! (Noisy)GoldieluvsfoodDined on 11/8/2014Great food, great service, too noisy. Can you do something to reduce the noise?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatsteveseaboltDined on 11/8/2014John Bentley's never disappoints. Every item on the menu is excellent. Warm welcoming environment. Consistently excellent service. Our 'go to' spot for romantic dinner, special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DessertsBB4foodDined on 11/6/2014My friend and I went to John Bentley's to celebrate our birthdays. It has become a tradition for me to have two desserts. For my entree, I had the Blackberry Crisp which was delicious, nicely prepared, and beautifully served. For my dessert, I had the Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake. I was not as impressed by that one. Again, it was beautifully served, but the texture was too much like cake and not the Sticky Pudding texture I expected. My friend had the Canneloni for her entree, and she said it was delicious and wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SkylarLuciaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Our server, Dean, was great. The food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- born2eatVIPDined on 11/4/2014The restaurant would be perfect if we had the option of black napkins.Special Features:
- Always a Great DinnerragediandiVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was our first time back to John Bentley's after a few years and it was as good as we'd remembered. Staff is fabulous.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!luncherDined on 10/31/2014Love going here for dinner and lunch..the service is great, the food is consistently delicious, and the menu changes enough to keep it interesting!Special Features:
- A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/30/2014My mom took me here for lunch to celebrate my birthday. I had read yelp reviews and decided we should try it. It did not disappoint! The restaurant was busy but quiet so we could enjoy our conversation. Our waiter was wonderful & attentive. My lemon drop was excellent. We enjoyed the goat cheese, golden beet & arugula salad, I had the pork chop and my mom had the seared ahi. They were all excellent. We had the sticky toffee pudding dessert that was fabulous! I highly recomend it! We will definitely return for dinner. It was so nice to be in a smaller type restaurant where so much care is taken to be sure our experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placedisappointeddinerDined on 10/29/2014Nice atmosphere, great food, and great service. We'll be back. Nice for a special occasion or just a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular FoodGregVIPDined on 10/25/2014I've been in the area for 26 years and always had JB on the list to places to visit. Your taste buds will not be disappointed. Outstanding dishes ! Service was a little slow....Special Features:
- Very enjoyablefinefoodfanDined on 10/25/2014We chose John Bentley's for a special occasion and were not disappointed. Both the food and service were excellent, especially the desserts. We had a very enjoyable evening there and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceFoodaholicVIPDined on 10/22/2014This is our third time eating here and every time we've had great food and great service. My husband tried the crispy sweetbreads and was very happy with his selection. I've had two different versions of their scallops and both have been delicious. It's too bad we live about a hour away which makes it inconvenient to go there as often as we would like.Special Features:
- John Bentley's RC is great! but....JnJKVIPDined on 10/17/2014John Bentley's is an outstanding restaurant. The food is delicious and innovative. The service is pleasant and very professional. Everything was/is great except that the noise level for such a good restaurant is really high. Even so we will go there again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful placeAnniversaryDined on 10/16/2014We forgot how much we like John Bentley's. Went there to celebrate our 32nd anniversary and the food and staff were excellent.Special Features:
- AnnekaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Food at John Bentley's is always amazing and makes for a memorable experience!Special Features:
- Superior in every waythansVIPDined on 10/14/2014We had a delicious meal and good service in an attractive dining room. I had a roasted artichoke appetizer and sweetbreads entree. Both prepared perfectly. My husband's tuna tartare and veal were equally as good. The only drawback, they have a wine list that is very pricey. We brought our own and paid the corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experiencePrincessVIPDined on 10/10/2014The six of us all had fabulous appetizers, delicious and artfully plated dinners. Good wine selection and wonderful service. The desserts were decadent and oh so yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodeatsDined on 10/10/2014The food, wine and service at John Bentley's are outstanding. What an awesome meal! The bar and TV can be loud - ask for a table in a quiet corner if you think the noise might bother you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinner & drinksluvvansVIPDined on 10/8/2014Had good cocktails at the bar with Bob, the very friendly bartender. Although $25 for 2 drinks a bit high! Enjoyed Scallops & the Ling Cod special for dinner following their very good blue cheese iceberg salads(a blast from the past) at $10 each. The $32. per entree price was expensive to us for the size of the serving. Angie, our server, was nice. Not everyone is from "old" or "new stock option" money!!Special Features:
- Fish is fresh and well preparedcarolDined on 10/8/2014The sauces are true to form and the vegetables are also cooked to perfection. Overall a very good dinnerSpecial Features:
- ExcellentHappyDined on 10/6/2014We had a wonderful evening. Food, service, ambiance...excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2014Very nice -- good food, nicely presented. Noisy and was hard to carry on a conversation. A bit priceySpecial Features:
- Excellent all aroundDamocles2EatDined on 9/29/2014Food so nicely presented the four of us hated to eat it but when we did it was outstanding. Waiter was the best we have ever had except for maybe for those we had on Silver Seas Cruise lineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't go wrongddalyDined on 9/26/2014If you love good food don't miss John Bentley's. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The pork belly appetizer was "to die for" and the entrees magnificent.Special Features:
- Great food, ***SLOW*** service!!!ig2igVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was great, and the chef should get 5 stars - HOWEVER, even though we made a reservation - waited for a while to be seated (in a semi-empty restaurant!) :( NOT good for an expensive place. Then waited for 45 (!!!!!!) min for our meal to be cooked and brought to us - are you SERIOUS???
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014Great service, great food, will be back! Looking forward to my next business trip to the West CoastSpecial Features:
- Palo Alto FoodieBayAreaFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Came here for a small business dinner. Fantastic portion sizes, well cooked food, and a restaurant that is tailored to Silicon Valley Corporate needs. Cocktail menu was superb, food an equal match. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- WonderfulCaliforniafoodieDined on 9/13/2014Great food, good service. We really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014We just celebrated my husbands 65th birthday at JB and it was delightful.. Service was great, and the food better than than the 5 star restaurant we went to for our anniversary...... We didn't leave a morsel of food on any of our plates... I hadn't been to John Bently's in years, but it was just as good, if not better than I remember....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatNickSFVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had a work dinner with visitors from the UK. We all enjoyed the starters, mains, dessert and the wine. Lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorites2oldfoodiesfromSoCalDined on 9/6/2014We travel to Menlo Park every other year and have tried many restaurants. So far John Bentley's is our favorite. The wine selection is superb. We have always been pleasantly surprised with our choices and always excited when one of our favorite appi's (the fig and gorg'a cheese) is available. We celebrated our 51st anniversary and received a delicious complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is fantastic. The waitstaff is very attendant and guides you skillfully through the menu. You feel as if you going to a friend's house for dinner. Couldn't have had a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/5/2014Consistent experience: greeting, bar service, waiter service, food, atmosphere. Haven't been for several years (why - we asked ourselves). The food is innovative, but with quality ingredients and a real flair for combinations.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBillyBoyDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent, the service was great. Had a very nice business lunch.Special Features: