John Bentley's - Redwood City
2915 El Camino Real
Redwood City, CA 94061Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
John Bentley's - Redwood City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.johnbentleys.com/
- Phone: 6503657777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Bentley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: John Bentley's offers private dining downstairs for up to 24 people, and a private dining room upstairs, with private bar, for up to 50 people, equipped for AV presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent Osar 6503657777x52
A word from John Bentley's - Redwood City
Located on the Atherton/Redwood City border, John Bentley's offers New American cuisine, a fun wine list, and warm gracious service with a full bar and banquet facilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
John Bentley's - Redwood City - Best Restaurants in Redwood City ›
John Bentley's - Redwood City reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)fit for foodies (115)neighborhood gem (90)romantic (82)notable wine list (52)good for groups (34)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- John Bentley's RC is great! but....JnJKVIPDined on 10/17/2014John Bentley's is an outstanding restaurant. The food is delicious and innovative. The service is pleasant and very professional. Everything was/is great except that the noise level for such a good restaurant is really high. Even so we will go there again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful placeAnniversaryDined on 10/16/2014We forgot how much we like John Bentley's. Went there to celebrate our 32nd anniversary and the food and staff were excellent.Special Features:
- Superior in every waythansVIPDined on 10/14/2014We had a delicious meal and good service in an attractive dining room. I had a roasted artichoke appetizer and sweetbreads entree. Both prepared perfectly. My husband's tuna tartare and veal were equally as good. The only drawback, they have a wine list that is very pricey. We brought our own and paid the corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experiencePrincessVIPDined on 10/10/2014The six of us all had fabulous appetizers, delicious and artfully plated dinners. Good wine selection and wonderful service. The desserts were decadent and oh so yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodeatsDined on 10/10/2014The food, wine and service at John Bentley's are outstanding. What an awesome meal! The bar and TV can be loud - ask for a table in a quiet corner if you think the noise might bother you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinner & drinksluvvansVIPDined on 10/8/2014Had good cocktails at the bar with Bob, the very friendly bartender. Although $25 for 2 drinks a bit high! Enjoyed Scallops & the Ling Cod special for dinner following their very good blue cheese iceberg salads(a blast from the past) at $10 each. The $32. per entree price was expensive to us for the size of the serving. Angie, our server, was nice. Not everyone is from "old" or "new stock option" money!!Special Features:
- Fish is fresh and well preparedcarolDined on 10/8/2014The sauces are true to form and the vegetables are also cooked to perfection. Overall a very good dinnerSpecial Features:
- ExcellentHappyDined on 10/6/2014We had a wonderful evening. Food, service, ambiance...excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2014Very nice -- good food, nicely presented. Noisy and was hard to carry on a conversation. A bit priceySpecial Features:
- Excellent all aroundDamocles2EatDined on 9/29/2014Food so nicely presented the four of us hated to eat it but when we did it was outstanding. Waiter was the best we have ever had except for maybe for those we had on Silver Seas Cruise lineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't go wrongddalyDined on 9/26/2014If you love good food don't miss John Bentley's. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The pork belly appetizer was "to die for" and the entrees magnificent.Special Features:
- Great food, ***SLOW*** service!!!ig2igVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was great, and the chef should get 5 stars - HOWEVER, even though we made a reservation - waited for a while to be seated (in a semi-empty restaurant!) :( NOT good for an expensive place. Then waited for 45 (!!!!!!) min for our meal to be cooked and brought to us - are you SERIOUS???
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014Great service, great food, will be back! Looking forward to my next business trip to the West CoastSpecial Features:
- Palo Alto FoodieBayAreaFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Came here for a small business dinner. Fantastic portion sizes, well cooked food, and a restaurant that is tailored to Silicon Valley Corporate needs. Cocktail menu was superb, food an equal match. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- WonderfulCaliforniafoodieDined on 9/13/2014Great food, good service. We really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014We just celebrated my husbands 65th birthday at JB and it was delightful.. Service was great, and the food better than than the 5 star restaurant we went to for our anniversary...... We didn't leave a morsel of food on any of our plates... I hadn't been to John Bently's in years, but it was just as good, if not better than I remember....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatNickSFVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had a work dinner with visitors from the UK. We all enjoyed the starters, mains, dessert and the wine. Lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorites2oldfoodiesfromSoCalDined on 9/6/2014We travel to Menlo Park every other year and have tried many restaurants. So far John Bentley's is our favorite. The wine selection is superb. We have always been pleasantly surprised with our choices and always excited when one of our favorite appi's (the fig and gorg'a cheese) is available. We celebrated our 51st anniversary and received a delicious complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is fantastic. The waitstaff is very attendant and guides you skillfully through the menu. You feel as if you going to a friend's house for dinner. Couldn't have had a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/5/2014Consistent experience: greeting, bar service, waiter service, food, atmosphere. Haven't been for several years (why - we asked ourselves). The food is innovative, but with quality ingredients and a real flair for combinations.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBillyBoyDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent, the service was great. Had a very nice business lunch.Special Features:
- glad it's in my neighborhoodohmysmomVIPDined on 9/4/2014Although I live in an area which should boast many very good restaurants, that is not the case. Thankfully we have John Bentley"s...The food is wonderful. The service is terrific. It is a constant.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014We went with another couple and everyone's dish was beautifully arranged and everyone loved what they ordered. The cocktail list had fun drinks on it and the wine list was also well appointed. The specials seemed very seasonally inspired and all foods were plated in good portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodMDC1046Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious food, service a little slow, our server was young and more of a work in progress than I would have expected for the quality and price of this establishment. I had to ask a second waiter to open our second bottle as our first wait person was busy with other tables. She cruised by our table to remove a cocktail glass without a 'how do you do' or 'would you like to order'. Over the phone corkage was quoted as $25, on the bill $30 (we had two bottles), this was corrected but seemed not in keeping with the service you would expect.Special Features:
- Top Drawer Food, Very Slow Servicecoats5Dined on 8/26/2014The menu selections are wonderful and food top drawer. This was our first visit at your restaurant, got impression waiter didn't recognize us as a regular customer, so could have cared less about serving us. The special request I made for a table location was provided by the restaurant receptionist. We plan to come back for the excellent food, and hopefully the second time we receive better prompt service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and service. Noise level was high for older ears. We celebrated an anniversary and free desert was provided to the couple.Special Features:
- LocarnoDined on 8/22/2014This has always compared to San Francisco dining 25 years ago.Special Features:
- Note to self...Go More Often!ThreeDogDayDined on 8/21/2014We hadn't been to John Bentley's for awhile and once again we asked ourselves why! We completely enjoyed our experience. Had the very tasty artichoke starter and then the OUTSTANDING figs and gorgonzola. My main was the beautifully prepared swordfish and my husband another starter - a beet ravioli. Both excellent. Sticky toffee cake (still thinking about it - so good) and a peanut butter genaché for dessert. The 4 stars for service was just because I felt our wait person was a bit rushed but we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodoldfoodieDined on 8/21/2014We went here for our anniversary and had wonderful entrees. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the wines and dishes. She even provided a sampling of two Pinot Noires to help decide which one to get. The sweetbreads that I had were incredible. My wife's steak was excellent also. We were given free deserts to celebrate the occasion. We just shared one. The booths are arranged facing the other tables in a long narrow area. It feels less private...a minor issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday's CelebrationViviMendezDined on 8/19/2014My plan was to take my husband to celebrate his birthday in one of the best restaurants of the Peninsula. I checked all the good reviews and John Bentley's was in the list. At the moment we arrived our table was ready, nice smiles and greeting :) The service was really fast, we loved it! Even though the food is a little expensive, it's worth; I knew I was paying for good food, quality and service. One star less because the waitress asked me what to drink and I asked back "what do you have to drink" and she didn't understand my question mentioning my question was very vague. Of course, that made me feel uncomfortable, so I didn't give extra tip.Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningNOLAfanDined on 8/18/2014John Bentley'e is one of our favorite local special ocasion spots. Menu had a lot of good things on it - had trouble making a selection. Food was very good. Stuffed figs appetizer set the tone for my veal dish. My wife started with roasted beet ravioli appetizer and then the double cut pork chop. Very nice bottle of David Bruce Pinot made the evening quite memorable.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerluvvansVIPDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed a very nice birthday dinner. Bartender, Steve, was great. Drinks were good. Waiter, Bill G. was also great. The lamb & swordfish specials were very tasty. The sauces on the entrees were delicious. The iceberg salad & delicious roquefort(sp) dressing was a good start to the dinner. The sticky toffee pudding dessert (gifted by the restaurant for the birthday celebration) was just the right way to finish. Owner, Mr. Bentley circulated around the tables. Nice touch.Special Features:
- John Bentley'sLadyjDined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious and fresh. The menu had variety without being over or underwhelming . Perhaps needing a new more "trendy" offering . Portion size was appopiate for each course. Although the service was attentive, it was a bit clumsy, The restaurant was full, the bar was full of people were having a great time. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDevaDined on 8/14/2014We took my sister-in-law there for her 75th birthday. We had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My husband and I ate John Bentleys for the first time this week. We had a great experience. I loved the dim lighting and friendly staff. The food was GREAT! I will recommend this restaurant to all our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go you will love itnativecaDined on 8/8/2014great dining classic experience wait staff was informative and demure food was prepared perfectly menu had good variety with unigue selections without being pretentiousSpecial Features:
- Great Food and Great ServiceClaraVIPDined on 8/5/2014We have been going here for years and are never disappointed. The menu is creative and the food prepared perfectly. The wait staff is friendly and efficient. Highly recommend Bentley's for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great food, great service & valueDinahDined on 8/4/2014The food was so delicious. Great selection to accommodate the most discriminating eater. The meat items were of high quality and so tender. The fish was fresh too. Desserts can stand on their own merit too. I could have that toffee pudding cake as an entree, it was that good.Special Features:
- delectable wine and food menuBayAreaFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Delightful dining experience - swanky manhattan-type restaurant vibe. Everything we ordered was delicious - from the cream of artichoke soup, fresh halibut with heirloom tomatoes and mouthwatering desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLola88Dined on 8/2/2014The service at John Bentley's is perfect. The hostess, Alexis, was charming, helpful and professional. Our server, Jan, was attentive and knowledgeable. The food was delicious and the night was very special for my husband and me.Special Features: