Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
750-15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joes.net/
- Phone: (202) 489-0140
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Morvis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: 15th and H
- Public Transit: Closest metro stop is McPherson Square.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Joe's is located at the southwest corner of 15th Street and H Street NW. Due to traffic restrictions valet parking is available on H Street after 6:30 PM at $10 per vehicle. Before 6:30 PM we recommend garage parking located just East of 15th Street. LAZ Parking, 1412 H St. NW, Washington, DC 20005, $10 after 5:00 PM OR PMI Parking, 1401 H St. NW, Washington, DC 20005, $10 after 5:00 PM.
A word from Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's also features signature prime steaks, hand-carved by master butchers such as our 24 oz. Bone-In Rib Eye. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Enjoy a generous cocktail in the bustling lounge or the tuxedo-clad service of the clubby dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
620 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (412)fit for foodies (289)good for groups (216)notable wine list (191)romantic (185)hot spot (181)vibrant bar scene (176)great for lunch (127)neighborhood gem (89)late-night find (44)kid-friendly (28)great for brunch (17)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- See and be seenDinerVIPDined on 11/19/2014This is a current "in" place to eat. It is noisy and crowded. The food is very good. The service is slow.Special Features:
- Outstanding!BestBrunchinDCDined on 11/16/2014I was 100% impressed with everything! Food, service, prices, ambiance, you name it! Nothing was wrong with my dining experience. This was my first time dining at Joe's for my 13th wedding anniversary. I requested special seating, last minute, which was accommodated. Our server was very polite, responsive and knowledgeable of the menu. And surprised us with a mouthwatering desert on the house. I will definitely be back to dine at Joe's. Kudos!Special Features:
- Terrific dinner celebrating a 14 year marriage.brew40Dined on 11/15/2014From the moment my wife and I arrived, we received outstanding service. Our server greeted us with 2 glasses of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. Food was terrific, from the calamari to the stone crabs. Finished it all off with the key lime pie which is phenomenal! The only negative is that there was a cap to a tobacco sauce bottle on the plate of stone crabs. We brought that to the attention of our server, who apologized and then promptly took them back and gave us a new plate of the crabs. Small blip on an otherwise fantastic dining experience. I highly recommend Joes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal at Joesbpatters1950VIPDined on 11/15/2014Had a fantastic meal at Joe's in DC. Was glad to hear there was one there after eating at the one in Las Vegas. Everything was fantastic and will look forward to coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!abc1VIPDined on 11/14/2014The food is great, especially the stone crabs! The restaurant is very comfortable and the service perfect! All in all, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafoodMoetteVIPDined on 11/14/2014We enjoyed the food and service there. King crab and stone crab was superb. My husband enter was delicious. I order dry age bone in ribeye. It was delicious but too much fat on the steak. Overu all was good the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccable experienceTexasLadyDined on 11/14/2014We had a party of 4 for my fiancé's birthday. We ordered a bottle of wine, calamari, 1 pound of stone crab, 16 oz filet mignon, broccoli and mashed potatoes. The two of us shared and the other couple had a similar meal. Jose Sanchez was our server but it felt like we had 5 additional servers as they never missed a beat. Excellent service does not come cheap but it was worth every bit. We highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or a romantic evening for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetdinerVIPDined on 11/13/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with a very dedicated staff. The food was delicious. The service was excellent and the waitress was very helpful. The ambiance is outstanding and the patrons were all enjoying themselves, both in the main dining room and in the oversized bar area. The reason I would hesitate to recommend this restaurant to friends is that the portions were far too minuscule for the prices being charged, especially the seafood and shellfish selections (including both appetizers and entrees).Special Features:
- nickiandreaVIPDined on 11/12/2014Joe's is delicious and a great place for a meal or happy hour. Usually the service is incredible, but lately the attention to detail is less than expected.
- Very Good SeafoodGallitorojoDined on 11/11/2014The seafood is excellent. I had the Dover Sole and my wife had Stone Crab claws. Both were very good. This is not probably not the place for you if your budget is a big concern. They have a very good wine list but it starts out in $40s and shoots up quickly. They also specialize in pies, and they are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, though expensive, mealMelanieDined on 11/10/2014First time at Joe's, and I'd definitely go back for a special occasion (or to try happy hour). Portions are big. HUGE. My friend and I split the salad, side, and dessert, and each had our own entree. The chopped lettuce/tomato/blue cheese salad was simple and delicious. I had the crab cake entree (really yummy - not too breaded, needed very little sauce or lemon to enhance the flavor), and my friend had the stone crabs (also yum, served cold). We shared the mushroom mac & cheese, which at first seemed like too much, and yet, we finished it! Because it had been my birthday, our waiter brought out brownie ala mode, a lovely end to the evening. The place is expensive, for sure. But we left full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/10/2014Very impressed. Large price range so does not have to be prohibitive. Excellent fish (sole) and steak (NY strip) and key lime pie. Only issue was effort to up sell the crab legsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentbhobbs63Dined on 11/10/2014Overall an excellent experience. Took two staff members here for lunch and had a wonderful time. Food was very good (a tad overpriced) and the service was outstanding without being intrusive.Special Features:
- ThanksByronVIPDined on 11/9/2014We had lunch here a couple of Sundays ago. The dining experience was incredible from the classy service to the Exceptional meal. We started with Stone Crabs and finished with their famous Key Lime Pie. Thanks for making this one of the best meals of my business trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreyhouundloverVIPDined on 11/8/2014I had friends in from California and we dined here last Saturday evening. The service was friendly, professional and courteous. The food was amazing and we particularly loved the desserts! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience, we will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!FoodieDined on 11/8/2014We didn't know what to expect when we walked through the door. We made the reservation based on a top 25 restaurant list for DC. We walked into a beautiful bar area to our table. The restaurant was converted from a bank. Nicely done. The waiters are dressed like secret service men, which my teenagers got a kick out of. Food was great and service too. Didn't know it was a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant. We are originally from Chicago and have had excellent experiences in all of them.Special Features:
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Celebrated my birthday here and it was fabulous! The food was amazing and the staff was punctual and kind!Special Features:
- Birthday Bashcastanza115Dined on 11/7/2014You cannot go wrong with Joes. The bar is STUNNING! Absolutely STUNNING. The menu allows for everyone's budget. Joes has and remains a class act establishment. The stone crab tasted like it was fresh out of the GULF. All we ate were crabs and grilled tomatoes.Special Features:
- Would be a great place to eat if...toddles1223Dined on 11/7/2014Joe's did a better job of ensuring appetizers like the Hash Browns looked more appealing than a lump of browned potatoes that were just spooned out of a large dish and oh yeah...if they were served hot instead of lukewarm. I've been to Joe's on four different occassions and the hash browns are warm at best. Guess which appetizer I won't be ordering in the future?Special Features:
- We're coming back soon!2DiningENGRsVIPDined on 11/6/2014High-class fancy restaurant with friendly, attentive service - they dress up so you don't have to! Our server was wonderful; we felt extremely comfortable the whole time. We have seen larger wine lists, but the selections provided by glass were amazing. We dined on oysters, stone crab and king crab - all delicious (they crack it for you!). Our sides (sautéed spinach & cauliflower) were also exquisite. The prices were on the high side, but the quality was superb, definitely worth the $$s. We made reservations for our upcoming anniversary as we sat at our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fun in WashingtontravelingdinersDined on 11/5/2014This is a buzzing place near the White House. Although the room was packed we didn't feel cramped--Our waitress (in tuxedo) was very pleasant and helpful (she actually suggested a restaurant for the next night). The food was good although our fish was a bit dry (we should have stuck with the crab)--anyhow, we enjoyed it and would go backSpecial Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Waiter was very knowledgeable and the food was absolutely delicious. I only have 1 real complaint about the night. We were there for a party of 6 4 of us were there at our reservation time but the other two members of our party were not fortunate enough to find (street) parking and did not have cash to pay the valet. So we were told we couldn't sit until all 6 members of the party were there. Then even when the 5th person came in as the driver was driving around we were told still no. We waited almost an additional 15 minutes to be seated after arriving at our reservation time. All in all great experience and great food.Special Features:
- lose60Dined on 11/4/2014The food was great --stuffed shrimp, lobster, and pork shank-- were each wonderfully prepared, presented and tasted wonderful. From the moment we were seated, the service was outstanding--server was friendly and attentive but not overbearing, and most knowledgeable about the menu. The noise level, however, required that we had to lean into each other for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true southern seafood delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2014Growing up on the Gulf of Mexico on Florida's west coast and living on fresh seafood and fruit, finally there is a place to call home in the Washington Metropolitan area. All aspects of Joe's is chart topping without exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone Crab ClawsOTfanOnTheRoadVIPDined on 11/3/2014Love Stone Crab Claws and they were well done at Joes. Others in my group had the mixed seafood combo and the Alaskan King Crab legs. All meals were great. Service was excellent. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceGGtheDinerDined on 11/1/2014Great food - great dining service! I also love the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone Crabs and Alaskan King CrabColonelVIPDined on 11/1/2014Nothing better than Stone crabs and Alaskan King Crab. Service was perfect.Special Features:
- OpentableuserVIPDined on 11/1/2014Wonderful experience. Food and service was great. We had no complaints and will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerElegant1VIPDined on 10/31/2014Overall a great experience. It is definitely pricey. We went for my aunt's birthday. The food was fabulous in taste but a bit pricey relative to the portion received. Our waiter was a little slow but very friendly, cordial and familiar with the menu. The host staff like Glenn and Dakota made sure that my aunt had a great birthday. Overall I would recommend the restaurant and would go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Excellent service. Great food. Classic steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandybVIPDined on 10/30/2014Everything was just delicious and wide variety to choose from. Excellent!Special Features:
- Get the Alaskan King Crab.ame123Dined on 10/30/2014This was my first time at Joe's. We ordered the Medium Stone Crab Claws and the Alaskan King Crab Appetizer. YOU HAVE TO ORDER THE ALASKAN KING CRAB. It was to die for. The Stone crab claws were pretty bland, nothing special in my opinion and definitely not worth the price. I wouldn't order them again. We ordered the crab stuffed shrimp and the filet. Filet was excellent. Shrimp were pretty tough, but the crab amazing. The mushroom mac and cheese may have been my favorite part of the meal. Sweet potato fries were delish. Apple Pie a la mode was excellent. Two of us split the half order and still had leftovers.Special Features:
- cvr3Dined on 10/30/2014Oysters, Caesar Salad, Sea Bass, and Hanger Steak were all excellent. Definitely will return and ask for Jenn(ifer),Special Features:
- bradDined on 10/30/2014Service was excellent....food very good and restaurant design also very classy.Special Features:
- Tastes like homeBDinVADined on 10/29/2014Loved Joe's in Miami. So glad to have a copy in DC. Stone crab lunch special well worth the price. Claws amazingly fresh and just enough to satisfy my craving. Best cole slaw I've tasted. Hashbrowns an unexpected, fun touch. Impeccable service, though (believe it or not) just a tad too attentive. Our visit seemed to be on a slow day so the noise wasn't too bad but I can imagine, with a full house, that the dining experience could become uncomfortably noisy. Those two observations are why I'm only offering 3 stars for ambiance.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening!19490localVIPDined on 10/28/2014Great food and service make this a must when you visit Washington, D.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PepedenoPepedenoDined on 10/26/2014Exceptional seafood quality and freshness. Good, extensive menu and all dishes tasted very, very good (we tried seafood, crab and steak). Very good desserts: delicious seasonal Pumpkin pie, outstanding peppermint ice cream, consistently good key lime and coconut pies. Impeccable service. Enjoyable after marathon run dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terriblejlameDined on 10/25/2014We waited 45 minutes for a drink. Everyone was confused.
- Way too rushedanonDined on 10/25/2014Menu is huge, crabs are great. However, we felt super-rushed from the get-go, like they had to turn our table over on a schedule. Server was attentive, perhaps too much so, because while we were seeking a leisurely, great meal, his agenda seemed more to do with getting us in and out. For example, entrée plates were removed (or attempted to be removed) long before everyone was finished.........a rude move.Special Features:
- Stone Crab excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We had large stone crab for a splurge and they were outstanding. Many different sizes were offered including some huge claws. We were very pleased with the large size and there was a lot of delicious crab and the special sauce was perfect with them. The service was attentive and we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.