Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
750-15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joes.net/
- Phone: 2024890140x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday 11:30am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Morvis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: 15th and H
- Public Transit: Closest metro stop is McPherson Square.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Joe's is located at the southwest corner of 15th Street and H Street NW. Due to traffic restrictions valet parking is available on H Street after 6:30 PM at $10 per vehicle. Before 6:30 PM we recommend garage parking located just East of 15th Street. LAZ Parking, 1412 H St. NW, Washington, DC 20005, $10 after 5:00 PM OR PMI Parking, 1401 H St. NW, Washington, DC 20005, $10 after 5:00 PM.
A word from Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's signature side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of the famous key lime pie. Enjoy a generous cocktail in the grand bar or the tuxedo-clad service of the clubby dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
638 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (433)fit for foodies (280)good for groups (220)romantic (193)notable wine list (182)hot spot (168)vibrant bar scene (164)great for lunch (142)neighborhood gem (86)late-night find (48)kid-friendly (29)great for brunch (20)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Excellent FoodDisappointedCustomer1Dined on 9/27/2014My Husband and I enjoyed. My Husband had the opportunity to catch up on his sports while I enjoyed my dinner.Special Features:
- RossDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food all around. Limited oyster selection but all very good varieties, and fresh. Coconut cream pie was outstanding. Alaskan king crab and stone crab claws were phenomenal, as expected. Would pass on the Joe's grilled tomatoes side. Roasted sweet corn was great however. Definitely on our list of favorite places to frequent.Special Features:
- Lovely!ANGIEVIPDined on 9/27/2014The decor is 1920s art deco...the crab cakes are lump no filler...be sure to ask Denise the bartender for a not-to-sweet MOCKTAIL (non-alcoholic) beverage...the bread variety is fantastic but don't fill up on that...leave room for the dessert...try the PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE!! absolutely delicious!!Special Features:
- My husband is hard to please!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014My husband is a gourmet chef and baker (not his day job). He sometimes goes overboard as he provides his critiques through the meal. It is easy to sum up our experience at Joe's: My husband loved everything he had--from the sweet stone crabs to the manhattan clam chowder (hard to find) to the flounder stuffed with lobster. You know how I know (besides his verbal praises): he did not add any additional seasonings to anything--don't remember when that ever happened. Sooooo--the food partnered with the excellent service from Alison only added to the great weather that evening and the wonder ambiance found at Joe's. P.S. For those few of us who like calve's liver, it was excellent and finding it on the menu only added to my delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wait staffelaminkDined on 9/26/2014Joe's has exceptional food so I am never disappointed. However, I was amazed at how capable and gracious the staff was. My waitress had exceptional timing and did not intrude which happens quite a bit when you dine alone at lunch. EXCELLENT experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014I have been twice now to Joe's and loved it. The atmosphere is energetic, the food is great and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!erliVIPDined on 9/24/2014Was my first time in Joe's DC, the food and service were very good. If you like stone crabs, this is the place!Special Features:
- Great food, service, energy. PriceyWahoodrjeffDined on 9/24/2014Happening place, lots of energy for a Wednesday night. Delicious fresh Rock Crab claws appetizer! Fresh Dover Sole prepared table side (for some at our table, but not all.?). Professional waitstaff. Pricey. Host was aloof, uninterested, and off putting. Our party nearly walked out. In the end, Food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great for celebrating. Lively. Good food. Excellent service. Everyone very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.MbdamianiVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great service and atmosphere, but after a meal of shrimp cocktail, stone crabs, and crabcakes, the best thing I had there were the mashed potatoes. Food was just average...not worth the pricetag.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/24/2014I was not a fan of the tomato covered with cheddar. But the steak was wonderful and our server was awesome! I was disappointed that I did not receive a birthday dessert even though I mentioned this on my OpenTable reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down home food/Up town pricesOzefishDined on 9/22/2014At with a friend at Joe's Seafood in Washington DC. Upon entering the energy was obvious. The service was attentive. I liked that the waiter asked if we had dined there before and adjusted his response (my friend had dined at the Miami restaurant whereas I had never dined at Joe's. The oysters on the shell (from PEI) were small but very clean and delicate. I would have preferred a more elegant choice of condiments than just seafood sauce, which was adequate but a little overpowering for the delicate morsels. We both had the fish special (flounder) which was excellent. It was de-boned at the table, which was a very nice touch. The potatoes were a little stodgy but the beans almondine were excellent! Overall a great meal.
- First Visit to Joe'sFCRobVIPDined on 9/21/2014Was my first visit to Joe's and the food and service were very good. Our waitress Jen was excellent. Very attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!lfsaDined on 9/21/2014Amazing stone crabs, fresh oysters and desserts to die for! Our waitress was great! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great scene with good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/20/2014I decided to take a friend to Joe's for her birthday. Upon entry, I was impressed with the bar area and the entire room. This place use to be a bank. The food and service was superb. Definitely order seafood. I want to go again but this time for drinks.Special Features:
- love itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014I have been for my birthday, for the bar scene twice, and then for my mom's birthday. great place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014I indicated it was our anniversary on the Open Table reservation. From the minute we hit the front door, the staff was great. Right to our table with well wishes, complimentary glass of champagne and overall great service all night. My wife was very impressed.
- Service -- Needs ImprovementDCFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014While the food was wonderful, the service was so poor that it compromised the entire dining experience. Not only did we have to continually track down our server, but at the end, we were overcharged for the meal due to the server's inattentiveness.Special Features:
- Delicious!FrequentDinerDined on 9/18/2014Joe's Stone Crab Washington, D.C. was fantastic! The food was delicious and the service was fantastic! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I've been several times and the food is pretty good but sometimes inconsistent. What stands out and has made me return several times has been the great efficiency and professionalism of the hosts and the sharp service staff. Of course, the space is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so experienceblackriverDined on 9/17/2014Everyone in our group had heard nothing but great things about Joe's, but we all left with an empty experience. Despite having a reservation, we waited 30 minutes for our table and then another 20 minutes for the server to get to our table. The food was just OK and even came out cold. Not worth the trouble to go back again!
- Wonderful experienceLuncherVIPDined on 9/17/2014This was my second time eating here, and I was equally impressed on both occasions. You must get the stone crabs to start, they are truly delicious. I got a steak salad, which often is blah, but mine was wonderful. Good quality steak, perfectly cooked, and all the salad ingredients were fresh and flavorful. It's expensive, but you feel like it's worth it.Special Features:
- worth the tripcathyDined on 9/15/2014Joe's is worth the trip. The food was excellant, the service responsive and the atmosphere fun. The fish is fresh and well preparedWill definatley go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Luv2DineDined on 9/15/2014The service and the food was phenomenal! I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutoftenDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant experience was great, the food and service was excellent, and our waiter Bryan was very knowledgeable about menu and most attentive. My only complaint is that other customers walking into the door were being seated before customers with reservations that were waiting to be seated.Special Features:
- AmazingDeliciousVIPDined on 9/13/2014Another amazing restaurant has come to DC for the true foodie. From the service to the wonderful food. Everything was amazingSpecial Features:
- Great FindCaptainKirkUKDined on 9/13/2014Great food, good service, great ambiance - what more do you need ? This is our first visit to Washington and only had a 5 day visit but we chose to eat at Joe's on 3 nights - need I say more ! Booking essential late week and weekends, even then you may have to wait for a desired table. I suppose this just underlines the popularity of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish and efficiientKPKdinerDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening at this restaurant on our first night in Washington. The bar is very stylish and has a really good atmosphere. Our reservation was handled with impressive effiicency. We were shown to our table and from then on teh service was impeccable. Our waiter was particularly helpful, unobtrusive and chatty. The service was excellent. The food itself was good, well presented but not remarkable. Inmy view it feel just a little short of all of tehother exceptional elements of teh experience. I would strongly recommend Joe's but I wouldn't over hype the food!Special Features:
- FoodiefoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went to Joe's for my anniversary, the food was amazing. Our server Ryan Merrill was right on the money with all his food ideas. Will go back soon.Special Features:
- great experienceT2eatDined on 9/13/2014The food and service were amazing. Recommend the shrimp appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my most favorite place in USAGolfingalotDined on 9/13/2014I became a great fan of Joe's Stone Crabs while living in the Miami, FL area. The stone crabs are the best. The service is always bar none, and the staff is friendly. This is not a place I would go weekly, or even monthly, because of the price, but for a once in awhile treat, or a special occasion, I would not choose anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Joe's stone crabLauraVIPDined on 9/13/2014This new restaurant of Joe's reminds me of the south beach Joe's stone crab. Everything was superb. Everything we ordered was spot on. Since it is too early in the season for stone crab the waiter recommended the rock crabs and they were awesome.Special Features:
- No personalityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Overall experience was good, stone crabs are a must. Our waiter could have been more personable, we tried to tell him we were celebrating a retirement, he kept on talking about menu. No small talk, and he never recommends the Alaskan King crab, which the waiter at the exit table did and they looked amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner!LaCuisineDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my birthday at Joe's! My room-mate from college (from South Florida) had told me how delicious stone crabs were for years! It was a treat to finally try stone crabs in DC! We had stone crabs as an appetizer. The rosemary biscuits were so delicious! Our waiter, Anthony, was so sweet & made sure I had an enjoyable evening out! I can't wait to go back to Joe's again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining, not just eatingTorilDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I have been to Joe's 3 times, and each was spectacular! Nowhere in DC is the food, service, atmosphere and value so consistently excellent. I can promise you that we will be dining there frequently in the future. They really get it right - every single time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stone crabs were greatcookbookjunkieVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had eaten stone crabs in Florida and were delighted to find them in DC. Although this restaurant is also a steakhouse, we stuck to the seafood and were not disappointed. Our waited Chris took good cafe of us and the meal was well paced. 2 orders of stone carbs and an enticing bread basket full of goodies made it difficult to finish our entrees - but we managed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed a family birthday party at Joe's. A party of seasoned restaurant critics was wowed by the service, the food and the ambiance, in that order. David made everything more fun, and the wine steward provided great options. The dining room was nicely quiet in contrast to the lively Friday night bar scene in the other room. Still not sure how they were able to cook the steaks so perfectly for each of us. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good foodNancDined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed a nice evening with good and friendly service. The crab legs were delicious and filet mignon was also good if a bit overdone. The service was attentive to our table. The prices are a bit expensive but worth it for a special night.Special Features:
- glad joes is hereOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/10/2014a can't miss place when i'm in south beach, and certainly stop by when in vegas or chicago. now, there's one in my own backyard. love the cole slaw, cuban pie, and of course the stone crabs. upscale surroundings and customers for sure, but once i bite into a stone crab dipped in the sauce everything becomes very relaxed. a trest downtown!Special Features:
- Simply the best!MarciaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Alaskan King crab legs are second only to those in Vancouver. Steak is better than most of the brand name steak restaurants in DC. We come to Joe's expecting the best and the restaurant always delivers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.